Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

#102 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostTKSax, on 14 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

I agree to an extent on the Streaks, I will say the level 5 cool down module makes a nice difference in cycle times. But what about SRM's? Huggin can spit 2 srm 4's out fast but I can wreck one with an SRM volley from my Crow all while moving at 106Kph, which no inner spear mech can do while carrying 5+ srm racks. I would agree that some IS mediums can do ballistics better than the Stormcrow, but that does not mean the IS mech is better than a Crow, I would take a laser vomit crow over any ballistic IS medium mech

Wolverine 6R called...it says the crow has no "God Hand"

#103 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

In all honesty, I do not believe that a reset of the CW map is going to happen. Whether Russ said there would be a reset or not is irrelevant since he did say it would be up to the community. Guess what? Most of the community is doing well in CW, so the only faction that benefits from a reset right now, is Clan Wolf. Clan Wolf does not outnumber the community.

Also, I strongly echo Gyrok's call for Clan Wolf to unite under one banner and retake our worlds... Before MS/CI decide they want to go for round two, and finish Clan Wolf off for good (or at least, knock us all the way down to the Rock, until capital worlds become attackable).

Clan Wolf needs to stand tall and fight hard. Clan Jade Falcon had to deal with MS and other merc units, and while they bled some worlds, at least they did not get knocked all the way back to square one, as Clan Wolf did.

#104 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostAzerius Mezinar, on 14 January 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

In all honesty, I do not believe that a reset of the CW map is going to happen. Whether Russ said there would be a reset or not is irrelevant since he did say it would be up to the community. Guess what? Most of the community is doing well in CW, so the only faction that benefits from a reset right now, is Clan Wolf. Clan Wolf does not outnumber the community.

Also, I strongly echo Gyrok's call for Clan Wolf to unite under one banner and retake our worlds... Before MS/CI decide they want to go for round two, and finish Clan Wolf off for good (or at least, knock us all the way down to the Rock, until capital worlds become attackable).

Clan Wolf needs to stand tall and fight hard. Clan Jade Falcon had to deal with MS and other merc units, and while they bled some worlds, at least they did not get knocked all the way back to square one, as Clan Wolf did.

Or we could not and just wait till the CW is actually fun win or lose. Planets are meaningless at this point, the dev decides where you progress along. And you're never going to "finish" a clan off since you can't attack homeworlds. And yes, they probably will reset the map when masses of people actually start playing so they feel involved from the beginning, and even if they don't who cares?

Again, we tested the beta for the dev a lot and did our share for the development. We'll see what the next patch holds and maybe a lot of people will return.

Personally our unit never cared about losing planets or tough fight against strong units; it was always about having fun win or lose. CW is just lame right now and I'm not going to suffer on a goddamn videogame as my day is rough enough already.

Edited by Blueduck, 14 January 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#105 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 14 January 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

I know the wolves I talked to dont play CW for some of the following reasons.

1) It got really boring really fast.
2) 8-12 Firestarter rush.
3) 6+ 3 ERPPC Thunderbolts.
4) Long waits for matches.
5) Short fights because of number 2 and 3 which led to number 1 which then led to number 4 which led to your topic.

pretty much this, tho t-bolts dont bother me in the least, 1 2 and 5 couldnt be more spot on though

#106 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Wolves we are attacking Romulus, once CJF takes that planet and close the gap, it should shield you from further Lyran Commonwealth attacks

#107 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 14 January 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

Wolves we are attacking Romulus, once CJF takes that planet and close the gap, it should shield you from further Lyran Commonwealth attacks

That'll be fine, just don't touch my stash.

#108 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostAzerius Mezinar, on 14 January 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

Jade Falcon only had to worry about defending from one faction. Wolf has had to defend against 3...consecutively.

#109 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 14 January 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

That'll be fine, just don't touch my stash.
thank goodness those other two clans are there to hold your hand thru cw lolz

#110 Brother Sherlock

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 10 posts
  • Location1123 Baker St.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

this is a message to clan wolf,

Scotland yard Securty (SYS) has unofficially terminated its contract with the free worlds league at 11:30 on jan 14, also the word on the sculltelbutt is that you need manpower to take back some of your worlds.

if you wish to have us help you, have a clansmen send me a friend request, the one that I accept will represent clan wolf in negotiations of who we shale work with next.

Thank you for your time

Sherlock Holmes
Marshal/commander of Scotland yard

Edited by Brother Sherlock, 15 January 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#111 Mr G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

You guys could always try and reach out to one of the larger units or comp teams. A little diplomacy can go a long way. Getting some of those faction hopping mercs to join you for a week or two really seems like the best and quickest way to turn your situation around.

#112 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Well the person definitely wouldn't be a "clansman" if he accepted merc help...

#113 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 14 January 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

thank goodness those other two clans are there to hold your hand thru cw lolz

0.5/10 got me to respond.

#114 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 14 January 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

Well the person definitely wouldn't be a "clansman" if he accepted merc help...

Agreed.

#115 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Because getting ghost drops planets is much more easier than actually fighting for it. Most of the IS push into Wolf have been ghost wins.

It is this reason why you have not really seen much effort by The FRR in recent days in trying to take Wolf planets. It would be easy, but The FRR MechWarriors do not believe in empty battles and have scaled back their efforts. Now, if you want some good fights, The FRR will bring 'em!

Edited by Karpundir, 15 January 2015 - 12:04 AM.

#116 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Cant do badly when ur not playing. When we played, we were the closest to Terra and the top Clan along with CGB but they had 2 huge Merc units.

This is incorrect. No disrespect but the facts are...Wolf has never been the top 2 clan during the entire run of CW and was not even close to doing as well as CGB. For a while Clan Wolf managed to stay in 3rd place compared to the other Clans, (mainly sitting at 4th, then 5th and now 6th place when considering all the houses), just barely outclassing Smoke Jaguars during the first 2 1/2 weeks of CW, and by barely I mean staying ahead of them by 1...yes 1 planet, which considering the extremely low population of SJ to begin with becomes very telling. Once the New Year hit Wolf soared to last place in the clans, and is now the only Clan to have a net loss in planets. -5 at the time of this post.

All props to MRBCleague for the great Faction Progress Graph.

The only time Wolf was the closest to Terra was during the first week and a half when it started the closest. By day 10 Wolf was outstripped by Ghost Bear and then SJ, and eventually Jade Falcon.

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Ah ok so it is Mercs, thx.

We are all Mercs actually, as far as game mechanics go, no matter which contract you currently sign.

#117 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

I doubt you'll have any more of a positive response than I did Ax when I brought up the same facts. Wolves started 20 yards ahead of everybody in a 100 yard race, were passed by yard 34 and claim they led for the first 1/3rd of the race. Derp.

Or that because Ghost Bear had some merc units those wins don't count... because.. well... that one still doesn't make sense to me as Mercs are most certainly part of this game. I guess because of RP reasons or something. Even though nothing about this game is pushed as an RPG.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 15 January 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#118 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

You're only a merc if you ACT like one. The people I associate with and myself try to uphold the ways of the clans(within reason). We also have a good time playing the game.

#119 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 15 January 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

This is incorrect. No disrespect but the facts are...Wolf has never been the top 2 clan during the entire run of CW and was not even close to doing as well as CGB. For a while Clan Wolf managed to stay in 3rd place compared to the other Clans, (mainly sitting at 4th, then 5th and now 6th place when considering all the houses), just barely outclassing Smoke Jaguars during the first 2 1/2 weeks of CW, and by barely I mean staying ahead of them by 1...yes 1 planet, which considering the extremely low population of SJ to begin with becomes very telling. Once the New Year hit Wolf soared to last place in the clans, and is now the only Clan to have a net loss in planets. -5 at the time of this post.

The only time Wolf was the closest to Terra was during the first week and a half when it started the closest. By day 10 Wolf was outstripped by Ghost Bear and then SJ, and eventually Jade Falcon.

We are all Mercs actually, as far as game mechanics go, no matter which contract you currently sign.

Ax, I dont want to get into silly arguments over a beta game mode. CGB is a great and powerful clan no doubt and I have no issues with u guys.

Wolf has very low pop right now due to CW being terribad. Has nothing to do with our competition or how hard it might be. We once were fighting vs MS, CI, FRR, LORDS and hardly lost a planet while actually winning planets.

I dont really care what happens between here and the 20th, many Wolf Units are waiting for that patch to see some improvements hopefully. Wether we comeback with 1 planet, so be it. We didnt have any problems getting planets when we were active, I dont see why it would be a problem when we return.

Its kinda funny seeing a few people claim Wolf is doing badly, I would say our pugs are playing heroically haha and our 1 or 2 clan units are doing what they can vs 4 times their numbers haha.

If I was the House Factions, I would pray that the patch doesnt improve anything that way they can keep ghost dropping for the wins. Otherwise Wolf comes back and retakes what was lost to ghost drops.

#120 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 15 January 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

Considering SJ could not take more than 1 world a day while we consistently took 2, and GB started off taking 3 worlds from Wolf to begin with, your "facts" are a bit skewed.

In reality, Wolf held the most planets of all the factions in terms of controlled space for over a week while MS was gone from CGB, and CGB started holding equal worlds with Wolf.

Think what you want. There was a point where we held a total of 28 planets and CGB held 22.

So, keep talking smack, since you are playing GB and IS and hitting us from where ever you happen to be at that time...especially while you guys are basically the only ones dropping CW...

What you are bragging about is like a gang of a dozen thugs walking up to a 15 year old kid and stealing his lunch money, then turning around and bragging to their thug buddies about how big and bad they are for stealing his lunch money.

Remember, Wolf once turned you back when you tried to attack us...when we had the numbers to do so. So, while we may be low population in CW right now, if the leviathan ever awakes again, do not underestimate us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users