Where Are The Wolves...?

225 replies to this topic

#41 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

I'm sure it will be asked again on the 15th Town Hall. So we can see what the current PGI view is on the matter. Keep in mind that PGI has been very inconsistent in the past so anything they say really is only good until they talk about the matter again. Which is fair, I'd rather companies make the right moves, instead of holding to a wrong position.

That said, I don't think a Map Reset is in order as it will annoy people who have battled and put in the time to play game in order to satisfy people who aren't playing. Which is backwards on how you want to do things.

#42 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

I'm sure it will be asked again on the 15th Town Hall. So we can see what the current PGI view is on the matter. Keep in mind that PGI has been very inconsistent in the past so anything they say really is only good until they talk about the matter again. Which is fair, I'd rather companies make the right moves, instead of holding to a wrong position.

That said, I don't think a Map Reset is in order as it will annoy people who have battled and put in the time to play game in order to satisfy people who aren't playing. Which is backwards on how you want to do things.

The part about taking feedback from the players is the most telling--I doubt many will be in favor of erasing all of their hard work.

I sincerely doubt there will be any map reset and declare anyone counting on one and saying that's when they'll come back a coward.

How many of those players were hoping there would be a reset when we were further south than any other clan (despite having a narrow corridor, ceding two isolated worlds to Ghost Bear, betrayals from allies on two fronts, and some dipshit declaring a cease fire with Steiner) I ask? Probably none.

When **** stops going your way and you count on the devs to save you what kind of player are you?

Edited by Kain Thul, 14 January 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#43 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

When was Wolf ever ahead? Because of some fluke with the map they might have had a further southern planet at some point, but going by number of planets taken from Day 5 on I can't find any time when wolves had a + greater than GB.

Found information from Days 1 - 5 and it doesn't look like Wolf ever has taken more planets than GB.

Found a time lapse map. Yeah Wolf started the game further south than GB and had a very narrow invasion corridor. So from Day 1-10 they had further southern planets but had taken far fewer planets. By Day 13 the Total was GB +17 W +6 ((Just to show how many extra planets GB had to take to be even slightly further south.))

For 5 days after MS left CGB the first time wolf was ahead by a minimum of 4+ planets per day.

#44 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostGyrok, on 14 January 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

For 5 days after MS left CGB the first time wolf was ahead by a minimum of 4+ planets per day.

What days were that? I'm looking up stuff on Reddit which has a day by day battle report and I can't find any day that wolf had captured more planets in total than Ghost Bear. Just went back over them, Wolf's best day they up +11 Planets. That was on Day 22 of the Invasion. Ghost Bear was at +28 Planets on that day. GB has also been over 11 planets ever since like day 5 or 6 of the invasion.

So wolf has never had a +/- rating ((total number of planets capture since the start of the invasion)) better than GB.

Best +/- Day for Wolf

http://www.reddit.co..._battle_report/

Edited by Alexander Steel, 14 January 2015 - 09:31 AM.

#45 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostxDisturbedx, on 14 January 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

So no one has answered this question: Why should we care at all? We're losing flashing blips of light, that are representing a broken game mode, inside an even more broken game. If we lose planets, do we lose the ability to play the game? No. I'm not saying I WANT to lose all the planets, but what I'm saying is at present we have absolutely no incentive to care about the map. There is no income from the planets, and even if there were, the coffers at present have no purpose. The attack corridors are seemingly random, disappearing at times because PGI. So the argument being that we're "pushing to Terra" is in reality the weak one. If you're so in love with this broken game mode, have fun and play it. Just leave anyone who doesn't want to alone, I'm sure they have a good reason, one of about a thousand.

Also Gyrok, I haven't seen CWDG pop up on any planets recently, so maybe you're not contributing as much as you think you are.

"Pop up" as in...what? Dropping on planets?

Sorry, last 2 nights we have been trying to take worlds that end up not getting taken because we then have to turn around and defend since there are not enough numbers to do one or the other, much less both.

The "I am taking my toys and going home until X happens" attitude is leaving us screwed. We will be an island faction before long if you guys do not get your act together.

How many planets must we hemorrhage before you realize there is not going to be a reset.

Sturm, I remember having seen it, thought it was on twitter, may have been at the town hall. However, I am certain last word from PGI was no reset for the foreseeable future.

#46 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

Annoy people who tested the game mode? How so? They knew they were testing it and they were well aware it wasnt a finished product. What u do in CW is to help it get better, to hopefully have a game mode where playing it as is right now wont be the way we play it later, so whatever way people exploit the game mechanics now wont be able to later.

#47 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Annoy people who tested the game mode? How so? They knew they were testing it and they were well aware it wasnt a finished product. What u do in CW is to help it get better, to hopefully have a game mode where playing it as is right now wont be the way we play it later, so whatever way people exploit the game mechanics now wont be able to later.

You're thinking of an actual Beta, not the way that MWO works.

#48 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 14 January 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

The part about taking feedback from the players is the most telling--I doubt many will be in favor of erasing all of their hard work.

I sincerely doubt there will be any map reset and declare anyone counting on one and saying that's when they'll come back a coward.

How many of those players were hoping there would be a reset when we were further south than any other clan (despite having a narrow corridor, ceding two isolated worlds to Ghost Bear, betrayals from allies on two fronts, and some dipshit declaring a cease fire with Steiner) I ask? Probably none.

When **** stops going your way and you count on the devs to save you what kind of player are you?

Kain, you do realize this is testing right? Its not fully released and many changes will come to it before it is fully released.

Working hard? Sure everyone is, trying to find broken game mechanics, exploits, glitches. Many are doing this with their Youtube videos and thats great. Need more like em.

I dont have to tell u the state of CW right now, it needs alot of work.

#49 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFighting the good fight on an undesclosed planet

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

I think depending on a reset is a bad move. Considering pgi's dependability in the past, we need to act and not wait on a handout. Yes, didn't play over the holidays, but I certainly wasn't expecting to come back and see our territory halved. Now I feel my clanner blood boiling.

#50 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 14 January 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

Listen to the last town hall, that's where I heard it.

All the quitters that left because they were bored or left because they started seeing other 12 mans and have rationalized it by saying "I'll come back after beta and everything is back to square 1" piss me off.

I don't suppose you happen to have a timestamp for when in the Town Hall session Russ supposedly said that? :rolleyes:
(Aside from the point that this changes the story from "it's on Twitter" (and has been subsequently shown NOT to be on Twitter; also, the only time the word "reset" shows up in Russ' tweets since Dec. 1 is in the phrase "nothing being reset" in a Dec. 15 tweet) to "it's in this stream/podcast". If it's then shown not to be in the recording of that Town Hall session, what will be the next supposed source? <_<)

Saying "so-and-so said such-and-such in this podcast/stream/etc" without a timestamp is the same as saying "so-and-so said such-and-such on Twitter/Facebook/etc" without a direct link - it's effectively no more than hearsay & rumor unless and until proven otherwise.

Edited by Strum Wealh, 14 January 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#51 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostTorrance, on 14 January 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

I think depending on a reset is a bad move. Considering pgi's dependability in the past, we need to act and not wait on a handout. Yes, didn't play over the holidays, but I certainly wasn't expecting to come back and see our territory halved. Now I feel my clanner blood boiling.

Nobody is depending on a reset, its just what happens when beta ends. This might be a long beta since alot of work needs to be done but in the end IF no reset occurs but the game mode is better and more interesting, Wolf numbers will come back and I dont see a problem getting our planets back.

#52 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 14 January 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Kain, you do realize this is testing right? Its not fully released and many changes will come to it before it is fully released.

Working hard? Sure everyone is, trying to find broken game mechanics, exploits, glitches. Many are doing this with their Youtube videos and thats great. Need more like em.

I dont have to tell u the state of CW right now, it needs alot of work.

Of course it does, the same 2 maps over and over (and you always know ahead of time by seeing which "block" you're fighting over) gets stale. The FPS drops are frustrating. Falling through the map and getting stuck on something is frustrating.

The thing is though what happens now still matters because they are going to slowly patch things in over the course of 2015. At some undecided point they'll just take the little word "BETA" out of the CW map screen with one of these patches and there is your launch.

If everyone is cool with CW being the laughing stock of community warfare and letting it sit at just The Rock for 6-8 months until there are enough "features" for it to be worth their time then fine, collectively we will be getting what we deserve.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 14 January 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

I don't suppose you happen to have a timestamp for when in the Town Hall session Russ supposedly said that? :rolleyes:
(Aside from the point that this changes the story from "it's on Twitter" (and has been subsequently shown NOT to be on Twitter; also, the only time the word "reset" shows up in Russ' tweets since Dec. 1 is in the phrase "nothing being reset" in a Dec. 15 tweet) to "it's in this stream/podcast". If it's then shown not to be in the recording of that Town Hall session, what will be the next supposed source? <_<)

Saying "so-and-so said such-and-such in this podcast/stream/etc" without a timestamp is the same as saying "so-and-so said such-and-such on Twitter/Facebook/etc" without a direct link - it's effectively no more than hearsay & rumor unless and until proven otherwise.

So you're not going to invest the time to go and listen to the whole godawful long thing with mostly "don't know yet" or "can't give an answer yet" responses but want one of us to go back and do it for you?

#53 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

They'll rest the CW map just like they reset all the skills and exp people got during "beta" for their mechs.

Oh wait, they didn't rest anything. Just at launch they removed the "beta" tag and said... there you go.

Kain and Gyrok you guys certainly seem to care about Clan Wolf and it's future in CW. You might try taking a vacation and hooking up with JF, GB, or SJ and see how they are keeping their people into things. Or if they just got lucky and had more people who cared.

#54 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 14 January 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

They'll rest the CW map just like they reset all the skills and exp people got during "beta" for their mechs.

Oh wait, they didn't rest anything. Just at launch they removed the "beta" tag and said... there you go.

Kain and Gyrok you guys certainly seem to care about Clan Wolf and it's future in CW. You might try taking a vacation and hooking up with JF, GB, or SJ and see how they are keeping their people into things. Or if they just got lucky and had more people who cared.

That's what I've been trying to explain to people--since when has PGI and MWO "Beta" been anything like the real thing? One day, the tag will gone from the map screen on the faction tab. There's the end of your beta.

Edited by Kain Thul, 14 January 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#55 Spectrepaw

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

I want to, I have a history with Clan Wolf and I think we need to go on the offensive and take ICAR. But my unit the TWHH is not ready for community warfare as we have 6 active players, 2 of our players only have IS mechs, 2 don't have completed drop decks, and only I and one other person have drop decks ready, bringing rental and under experienced players may hurt more then help.

In addition lack of communication isn't helpful, even when I was invited to join TS, I was left in the dark and that got me killed several times

#56 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 14 January 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

That's what I've been trying to explain to people--since when has PGI and MWO &quot;Beta&quot; been anything like the real thing? One day, the tag will gone from the map screen on the faction tab. There's the end of your beta.

Well like I've been saying, no reset, no problem. Just saying if they have to do work on the map itself, which they do, it might require a reset, amongst other things.

Also how epic would it be if we had 1 planet and end up taking Terra haha! That would be fun!

#57 Asatur

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

Beta Galaxy still waiting 20th january and after patch with changes in ceasefire time we'll be back. May be.

#58 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 14 January 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

So you're not going to invest the time to go and listen to the whole godawful long thing with mostly "don't know yet" or "can't give an answer yet" responses but want one of us to go back and do it for you?

You are the one who claimed that Russ made that statement in that town hall meeting, so the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that this is in fact the case - that is, the onus is on you to support your own claim. -_-

Likewise, the burden of proof with regard to the Twitter-related claim (which is easier & quicker to prove... or, from my perspective as the skeptic (and as ultimately turned out to be the case), disprove) is on Gyrok (who initially made the claim) & Alexander Steel (who supported the claim).
The onus is on them to support their own claim(s) - which they can't, because said tweet from Russ (e.g. a statement made by him on Twitter indicating that the map would NOT be reset) doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Edited by Strum Wealh, 14 January 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#59 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

Even if they cant support the claim they made, if I was Russ, its what I would have said. "No reset for the foreseeable future" means he doesnt intend to reset anytime soon, which is great cuz CW needs alot more testing.

PGI probably wants to reset it once...not everytime a patch is released.

Anyways were in the same boat as many Wolf Units. We will wait for the 20th.

#60 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

Start at 29:45. He says no reset planned, but that he would leave it up to the players.

At the same time, anyone that is counting on a reset should listen--straight from the horse's mouth it still isn't guaranteed or planned.

Edited by Kain Thul, 14 January 2015 - 10:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users