• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Several wins and not a single point added to my total.

Been 20 minutes since my last match and no points.

Is there something I am missing? :huh:

#102 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

Is there something I am missing? :huh:

Double check your personal tracking (if you can)

Need:
1 Kill
1 Assist
1 Win

In each match to qualify.

I know last time I was really working on one of these (sitting this one out, I am)
There were several matches I thought qualified (until double checking my score)
And several I was certain had not (until similar)

#103 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

Right as I need to study for finals...yay...

#104 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

Ah... Misread that! Thought it was kill OR assist.
Thanks.

#105 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Ah... Misread that! Thought it was kill OR assist.
Thanks.

I wondered!
I had several issues like that in the last (similar) event :P

Best of luck, and may the rest of your matches be entertaining (even if not successful!)

#106 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

frigging hate these types of tournaments.....

so annoying to deal with all 3 things which you can't help sometimes.

#107 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Finally got my 30 points. The last 3 was like pulling teeth. OTOH it should be hard.

#108 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

My Clan told me, I m a Atlas-Pilot (made more than 4 Million XP with it).

I realize, they are right:

Posted Image

13 Points in a Row - after switching to Atlas-S...

#109 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

2 thumps up from me for the additional time!
I have 5 points to go for the camo, and nearly 1,5 days left. should be doable :)

The only issue for me with the perma-unlock is: the ONLY mechtype that already got a "reusable" camo from me ever was the...CTFs...oO.

p.s.: i had so many bad games today...i hope that will not continue tomorrow

#110 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostKai Allard Liao, on 24 January 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

My Clan told me, I m a Atlas-Pilot (made more than 4 Million XP with it).

I realize, they are right:

Posted Image

13 Points in a Row - after switching to Atlas-S...

Wow great win streak. Some of those matches were probably pretty epic based on your kills and assists totals.

#111 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 January 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

Because you were not personally informed does not allow you to complain about being allowed to get free stuff.

Um, no?

Indeed, No.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 24 January 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#112 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

Got my 30 wins yesterday so im happy.

I might go for the cockpit item , Nice to have but not really that bothered.

Camo has never interested me , If I get to 40 nice but wont be trying that hard , Not interested in 50

#113 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 23 January 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

LOL what is your problem mate? They absolutly do NOT have to do this, and instead of being thankful and happy that these guys are really busting a gut to make good what they messed up in 2013, whiners like you knock them whenever you can.

I for one am VERY happy as I did not have the time to really play last weekend and my internet buggered me up on my last game before the time ran out ( I was at 29 points) and now they give me the chance to get my points, hell I would not have bitched if I had to start over again for the simple fact that THEY DID NOT NEED TO GIVE US A SECOND CHANCE!

Show me ONE other game that has changed so dramatically in the space of 4 to 5 months where the communication has gone from indifference to a monthly townhall where your questions (if asked politely) are answered, where you get a challange that gives you FREE mechs that are actually doable (I am looking at you War Thunder adn WoT) and where the things that you get are not totally useless (Tier 1 or 2 ****** tanks anyone?).

This is why I am giving these guys at least 40$ a month now instead of spending it on other games. So get your head out of what ever hole it is in and stop bitching.

While I appreciate they realized they made a mistake with the points requirements last weekend, a lot of people didn't participate because they are able to do simple math and realized the time requirements were WAAAAAAAAAAAY outside what most people can do in that short period of time.

Now fast forward to this weekend and they all just got a big slap in the face, since hey, they STILL can't do the event because they STILL can't cram some 30 odd hours of MWO into one weekend. I'll repeat what I said last week, an event that requires this level of time commitment needs at least a week for people to complete it.

Try to see things from other peoples perspectives one in a while eh?

Edited by Asmosis, 24 January 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#114 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

yeah I did the math recently got my mech in 75 games. That's a lot to ask in one weekend not sure why they ever thought that was a smart idea that wasn't going to upset everyone but the guys who live in MWO.

But meh glad they brought it back

And I'd hazard a guess it would take most more then 75 games. Getting a win and a kill in the same game when everyones in event Leroy mode is easier said then done specially the win part.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 24 January 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#115 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 24 January 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

While I appreciate they realized they made a mistake with the points requirements last weekend, a lot of people didn't participate because they are able to do simple math and realized the time requirements were WAAAAAAAAAAAY outside what most people can do in that short period of time.

Now fast forward to this weekend and they all just got a big slap in the face, since hey, they STILL can't do the event because they STILL can't cram some 30 odd hours of MWO into one weekend. I'll repeat what I said last week, an event that requires this level of time commitment needs at least a week for people to complete it.

Try to see things from other peoples perspectives one in a while eh?

Posted Image

#116 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

don't bother trying to get this challenge in skirmish. there are some real low-life people out there who will hide out the remainder of the match to make sure no one gets a point. it's really pathetic.

but at least i get to laugh at some people:

week one - "this is too hard, i won't be able to get it. meh, stupid challenge, i won't bother."

week two - "huh? but... i didn't think i would be able to do it last week, what am i supposed to do now?"

maybe there should be some kind of flow chart for people who can't determine priorities. and then a lollipop for those who are still sad

Edited by Moshi, 25 January 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#117 Razimir

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

Good idea to continue the tournament with additional rewards! I hope, there would be on going "quests" all the time. So everyone could get stuff, eventually. Not just those people, who has loads of time and nerves to grind weekend events.

-Raz

#118 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

Still struggling, this time team improved while i got worse -_-"

#119 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

couldn't finish it before Sunday hit, and now the scrubs are out in force

#120 Premium Rush

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • Locationus

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

Seems way to many folks forget what its like to start fresh and spend little or zero cash on the game. Those of you that have 30 or more mechs, most or all mastered, can forget quickly what its like to scrape together 1.5 million c-bills to upgrade your jenner to double heat sinks ... so you can have a chance at killing something before the rest get there and steal it. Many new players don't have 3 variants of a mech that they can move past basic level. Bloody tuff to get kills on many maps with high heat in some of those just basic level mechs. No speed tweak, no double heat efficiencies .. run a narcing Jenner,great support mech, not much fire power for killing.

My primary account can get through these challenges easily, this secondary account ... its a struggle. I tried to not spend any cash on it...but the pittance you earn in a light mech, try to help cap that has only basic level, can be exhausting. So a little premium time here or there ... and what a difference that makes.

This contest: 52 matches ... 10 that qualify. Even when I get a good match with kills...assists... we don't win. so even if I for-go trying to help the team with caps..or with narcing, still don't get the contest points. bloody frustrating, 3 medium lasers on a basic level Jenner can only do so much.

I've learned to be way more tolerant of noobs, now that I am trying to use the tools they get stuck with ... and this batch of trial mechs suck. The only good assault is the stalker, if you shut down 2 of the 4 launchers, an stretch you ammo out, the rest are moronic builds even noobs wouldn't be stupid enough to build. 2 tons of ammo for 2 lrm 20's ... 9 shots ... then your done... yes very useful. 4 err ppc mech with no heat sinks ... 1 ton of ammo for the lrm's, the heat efficiency of a nuclear power plant. so yes .. you shut 2 off... and squash your fire power to that of a mastered Jenner and plod slowly around in your assault dinkin stuff. it works but what a waste of tonnage. Same with loading two lrm 20's and little ammo. What your left with isn't much. Stupid builds ... stupid. who comes up with this crap? Russell? They had to be rolling in the office when they put the 12 medium laser nova out as a trial mech. Mastered with heat sinks ... is one thing, but no efficiencies unlocked, waste of tonnage.

PGI uses the "stock" table top game reference only when it suits them to .. so they screw the new folks with "stock" mechs no one in this game would use, and only viable in the table top realm where slow dice rolling and turn based play occurred. non of which applies here as folks are shooting in real time and with much more frequency.

So the point, stop complaining because your super paid for/old account, with a stable of mechs all mastered has already beaten the challenge and realize the game doesn't revolve around you, and PGI is trying to help all players at various levels. For new folks these challenges can be the only way they see a new mech or premium time with any frequency, and it helps them more than you can realize.

Edited by Premium Rush, 25 January 2015 - 02:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users