375 replies to this topic

#41 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:47 AM

The falcons will fight who ever steps up. All part of the fun.

#42 wobbles3285

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSo-Cal

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

Face it. These guys are completely full of crap and they basically just try to buy time and create doubt by posting their "we just want to do X, Y, or Z" nonsense. End of the day, what I've seen is that basically they are kind of d-bags and they enjoy the attention and not much more. They don't really have any overwhelming urge to fight anyone. Mostly, the reason they have a hard on for wolf is because nobody in wolf wanted to join them and play their little reindeer games with them , especially with some of the d-baggiest folks among them wanting to be in charge of it all. I think their little feelings were hurt. But whatever floats their little boats.

#43 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostDemiurge, on 26 January 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

Well ... all of you work at PGI of cource. And surelly you know next planet opened to capture. So you can guaranty that you will open corridor, not take all Wolf worlds right ?

We wish and we do it. That i see in this thread as Mercstar position. We don't join Wolf beacose bla bla bla ... We don't join FRR beacose bla bla bla.

So Wolfes, ready to be a domestics dog for a MercStar ? Ready do what they wish ? Ready to standing on its hind legs ? Looks like majority almost ready.

Use you brain. If you make "deal" one time you make same "deal" all the time. Next time mercstar say you attack falkons and you do that ? Only beacose they wish that ?

In the year 480BC the huge army of persian attack Greek beacose persian king wish to attack. Like Mercstar now. They has a hordes of warriors and greatly outnumbered the Greek and Spartan. All of you surelly know what happen next. The 300 Spartans held the whole army and give time to all other Greek. In the end Greek states won that war.

You can choose now like Spartans before. What you preffer. Free will of you own action or doing what mercstar say to do.

Choose.

You may want to learn some history. If your just trying to speak to a certain comic book made movie your not far off...if your actually trying to bring up real history your about as wrong as wrong gets. Kind of cute to suggest Mercstar is like a giant invading Persian army though. I will take it as a compliment as we drink your rivers dry. :)

#44 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:26 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 25 January 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Well, truth is that opening the "passage corridor" from CGB to CJF is right now easier than ever, since it can be done in two or three days, perhaps even faster if the attack algorithm is friendly. Before it would be a week-long project with uncertain results because of difficulties in coordination.

Easier? So having to fight you way for a week is easier than just click on a button and change factions?

And I thought Hybrid Black couldn't be more illogical.
<< IWANA FIGHT GREEN GUY! BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE RED! SO I STAY BLUE AND PUNCH RED TO GET GREEN EVEN IF IT CREATE BULLSHIT I DON'T CARE CUZ I'M 10 YEARS OLD! OUUUIIIIIIIIIN >>
(No seriously, it really is that now.)

MercStar is multiple group? So why each of you were the same tag and are part of the same group then?
You either are one and take the decision that won't create huge mess. Or your splitt.
All that bullshit would have been avoided if some dude had the balls to take the smart decision and avoid huge flamewars like this. But no! It is much more fun to screw everything around isn't it?

Edited by KuroNyra, 26 January 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#45 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

How sad is it that the Jade Falcons in this thread have the right of it and so many wolves have the wrong of it........

So many willing to let MS, CI, and ACES put a collar and leash on them.

#46 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 January 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

How sad is it that the Jade Falcons in this thread have the right of it and so many wolves have the wrong of it........

So many willing to let MS, CI, and ACES put a collar and leash on them.

If you are Wolves and are against theses attack on your territory. You are immediatly wrong and just a moron who should keep his mouth shut. :rolleyes:
But not gonna happen.

#47 Demiurge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 713 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 26 January 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

You may want to learn some history. If your just trying to speak to a certain comic book made movie your not far off...if your actually trying to bring up real history your about as wrong as wrong gets. Kind of cute to suggest Mercstar is like a giant invading Persian army though. I will take it as a compliment as we drink your rivers dry. :)

I know history quite well. I know how that war was won. I know about what come after that war. I read Herodotus, Plutarch and Gaius Suetonius Tranquilus. Can you say the same ?

#48 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:04 AM

what makes me chuckle is when CGB will open its passage and the falcons are using it and reach CGB terretory xD.

#49 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 26 January 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

With people like Gyrok in charge that could always be the case.

Actually, I would never put Clan Wolf in a position to get the short end of anything.

We will fight before we allow Wolves to be tossed aside, or taken advantage of in this instance.

It is precisely because we refuse to take the short end of the stick that the situation is what it has become. Your perception of me as a villain, or irrational person, or troll are all jaded outlooks. I am an individual leading his unit, and trying to keep the forefront of the clan in the right direction. All the while being trolled by epic levels of tomfoolery that only the goons themselves could truly appreciate.

In all of this, I have kept a level head as these events persisted for well over a month to this point...and time has come to change it, as I will not allow Wolves to be used as a door mat for anyone.

If there are other leaders so capricious to bend to the will of others, then so be it. However, the demands are entirely unreasonable, and unfounded. There is a much simpler solution to the issue they have, and they, themselves, are unwilling to pursue the proper course of action because "RP". They are trolling the "peace talks" and making the same outrageous and absurd demands of our Clan as they have before. Frankly, we will continue to fight. The rest of you Wolves may do as you wish, I suppose, however, we will need to unite to overcome this threat and ultimately break the will of our aggressor to commit future incursions.

#50 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

Everything in here is from my perspective, out of character and my personal opinion.

View Posthybrid black, on 25 January 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

Did you even read anything? we have units in MercStar that will not join wolf, and its not just MS ghost bear wants a lane in to falcon

You wanted more attack lanes earlier as well and then you only had a corridor into Rasalhague. Now you got one into the Draconis Combine as well which should at least give you more missions with or without enemies.
I do not see why there are units in MercStar that will not join Clan Wolf. Is it not a Mercenary Alliance?

View PostBlueduck, on 25 January 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Merc/Bear Issues: Kurita is not doing much to defend themselves which results in turret drops. Part of the reason wolf attacks have been happening is a pure lack of anything better to do.

This makes everything look very interesting. It seems that the Wolf has been blamed for something whenever we have come under sudden attack by Mercenaries. The forums have erupted in a flame war and it seems it has been trolling from the Mercenary Camp.

I am glad that more of the truth has been revealed.

View PostAresye, on 25 January 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

The purpose of this meeting was to figure out how we can work together to give our more casual players fewer bad experiences at fighting top tier teams every drop,

Have to keep community in mind here yes. In the end, they are the ones who take the most damage from this.

View PostAresye, on 25 January 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

The way I see it, the trash talking, backstabbing, etc. has done nothing but create a hostile atmosphere between units, stalling forward progress, and forcing players to engage higher skilled teams nearly non-stop, which is burning people out fast.

I dare say noone has definate proof nor know exactly who started the trash talking. but it has come from both camps. It seems to me it is a mix of one side posting something, the other side responding and a trolling war commences. This does nothing else but give a few people some giggles, piss off quite a few innocent bystanders due to the lack of respect offered to them in said posts and hurt the community.

Hell, I know I have been known to say that I utterly hate the situation and offered a few bad words in private in regards of a couple of units but I have never done so in a drop.

Let it be said though that I have also seen a few posts in those trolling/flaming topics where people genuinly go "Hey, thank you for the fight!" which is positive. :)

View PostMordin Ashe, on 25 January 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

How about more humility?

Indeed, what about it? I think this comes down to the forum postings again. There are a lot of hurt feelings around I believe and there are outspoken people on both sides of that fence.

Kind of cute to suggest Mercstar is like a giant invading Persian army though. I will take it as a compliment as we drink your rivers dry. :)

Sorry you who wrote this, you got to be the example. I am able to laugh on this one myself, but I can see why others could react to this quote. It could be seen as a threat.

Either way I am happy that talks have been had and possible solutions has been worked on.

Edited by Vincent V., 26 January 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#51 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostAsatur, on 26 January 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

Guys you are saying that we should go just to the south that bears and wolves do not have to fight, because it is not canon.
And then you offer mercenaries to join the wolves that they can attack the Falcons. It's a canon?! *facepalm*

We are in peace with falcons and never fought with them and will not fight in future. Because they playing as clanners but not mercenaries or politicians. Your choice: 1) no mercenaries, peace with falcons and the way the clans or 2) peace with bears and mercenaries, lots of politics, lie and playing like spheroids

What else can we suggest though? PGI let mercs go to whatever faction they want and even if we do not agree with that there is not much we can do about it. So this is the best compromise that I can think of.

You never want to go full lore, because once you go full lore, the clans lose big time. Wolves get neutered and the Jaguars get smoked.

#52 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostHardin4188, on 26 January 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

What else can we suggest though? PGI let mercs go to whatever faction they want and even if we do not agree with that there is not much we can do about it. So this is the best compromise that I can think of.

You never want to go full lore, because once you go full lore, the clans lose big time. Wolves get neutered and the Jaguars get smoked.

Fight.

#53 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

Ok clearly some people dont get the whole story so I will try to explain it in simple points.

1) MS is a comglomerate of units and no one person can decide to go Wolf or any other faction.
2) Kurita attack lane is not very active for ghost bear so we are left with just the FRR lane since SJ and Wolf lanes were supposed to be closed.
3) once the frr planets are capped all the way up our attack lanes close. Al we want are more battles
4) we enjoyed our battles against CJF when we were steiner. we want those battles again which is why we want the attack lane.
5) joining wolf is not a fix because it still only gives use the FRR and Falcom attack lanes.
6) we are just looking for more attack lanes!!!!!

We are not trying to step on anyones toes we just want more fights since certain fronts are not active for us right now.

Just read this so that everyone can get there story straight please.

#54 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 26 January 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

Easier? So having to fight you way for a week is easier than just click on a button and change factions?

And I thought Hybrid Black couldn't be more illogical.
<< IWANA FIGHT GREEN GUY! BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE RED! SO I STAY BLUE AND PUNCH RED TO GET GREEN EVEN IF IT CREATE BULLSHIT I DON'T CARE CUZ I'M 10 YEARS OLD! OUUUIIIIIIIIIN >>
(No seriously, it really is that now.)

MercStar is multiple group? So why each of you were the same tag and are part of the same group then?
You either are one and take the decision that won't create huge mess. Or your splitt.
All that bullshit would have been avoided if some dude had the balls to take the smart decision and avoid huge flamewars like this. But no! It is much more fun to screw everything around isn't it?

1) Its not about fighting a specific clan its about opening more attack lanesfor CGB our kurita lane is not active because kurita do not defend planets and once we secure our FRR lane then we have not lanes left to attack. We just want more matches(we want an attack lane with CJF not wolf but we have to go through wolf to get it)....please understand the whole story!
2) yes mercstar is a conglomerate of now 7 units all wearing the same tag. we wear the same tag so that all of our colaberative effort can be recognized by planet tags. if we were not part of the same group no one would recognize our alliance because there would be a spaterring of different unit tags all over the place based upon which unit was more active that night. each unit lead has a say within mercstar as to what the whole alliance does....THATS HOW AND ALLIANCE WORKS!

#55 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

So this is all a Combine plot to have the clans fight each other. Their scheming has done more to halt the advance to Terra then all the Thunderbolts combined.

Edited by Hardin4188, 26 January 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#56 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

This is out of character for what I am about to say:

This is Clan Wolf's current situation. CGB along with Merc groups are poised to cut through Clan Wolf territory towards Jade Falcon, regardless of consent. Clan Wolf at this time cannot fight them and push into the Inner sphere. If we do not settle our differences in regards to both this, and in regards to Mercs in general, this next situation I describe could very well happen in the next 7 day merc cycle:

Wolf loses all Northern planets to CGB, while multiple merc units pile into FRR and cut into Wolf from the south. Wolf in essence has become the pariah of community warfare, and we will have no planets left except for the The Rock. Clan Wolf right now is made up of mostly casual players and units, and we simply cannot compete with a mass push from all the Mercs (not just MS and CI) as well as loyalist units. Individually, we may win some matches, but in the meanwhile, we lose on the planet % due to the sheer numbers that will be thrown at us.

We are attempting to avoid what happened to us two weeks ago when Clan Wolf community warfare became pointless when we get outnumbered 2 to 1 on all fronts, except this time, it is 3 cycles/day instead of 1 cycle/day. RCW and Delta can enjoy all the RP they want from the single planet that Wolf will have left.

Your choice.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 26 January 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#57 Prawfutt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe sulfuric beaches of Malibu

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

I will echo Seth's question since MS and CI did not answer it. Why do your two units have to be the same faction? Why not have CI or MS go to Kurita so that your Kurita attacks are not just turret drops. Then you both would get to fight and Kurita would likely have some life breathed back into it.

Or if you prefer not to fight each other send one back to Steiner and we will be happy to fight you there.

The combined weight of numbers you have when both MS and CI are the same faction is what is creating boring games for you. Nobody wants to join a defender que that is 60+ / 0

#58 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

well this is still by far the funniest and probably the most pathetic thread in my 2.5 years in MWO... Seriously Clan Wolf is trying to set terms cause 3 solid units CI, MS, ACES have strong 12 mans and some of the poor Clan Wolf units have some n00bs that dont like getting there teeth kicked in? So you will try and give them a corridor to fight CJF even though as i understand it we have a mutual defense pact with CJF?

Such an embarassing time to be a wolf :-/

Just gonna throw this out there last night vs ACES we got our teeth kicked in 5-7 matches in a row some were good fights some were not we had new guys running some trial mechs lol, they didnt complain once (i threw a hissy fit for a second lol). Point is L2P. playing the good units makes your poor little n00blets better players.

Clan Wolf can we get a little less coward and a little more fight? I think wolves in the Globular Cluster as well as on Terra are known to be ferocious no?

#59 culverin

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

Hiya, I'm here not speaking on behalf of my unit.
I understand how you guys are getting all role-playing and meta-like.
I'm a long time BattleTech veteran and love the novels and sourcebooks too.

But this is just me, speaking as a player of MWO.
Somebody who comes home after work, to blow up mechs for fun.
There are a lot alluding to mercs swapping factions and us being sneaky.
Frankly, I don't think you guys are taking the my segment of the population into account.
  • I have BOTH Inner Shere mechs AND Clan mechs.
    I want to play both. Not be locked to 1 faction's worth of mechs.
  • I play CW, for the more in-depth tactical game mode.
    Not for the CW map.
    CW is a beta, we get nothing for holding planets yet.
  • I want to be able to fight against Clan and Inner Sphere.
    (not being stuck just fighting 1 type).
  • I want to find a match quickly for most of the day.

I have no idea how this translates into CW political choices, and alliances.
But honestly, I don't care.

Just let me play with all the mechs I have purchased.
Against all the mechs PGI have made.
And don't make me wait 20 minutes for a damned turret drop.

#60 Asatur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 26 January 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

We are attempting to avoid what happened to us two weeks ago when Clan Wolf community warfare became pointless when we get outnumbered 2 to 1 on all fronts, except this time, it is 3 cycles/day instead of 1 cycle/day. RCW and Delta can enjoy all the RP they want from the single planet that Wolf will have left. Your choice.
Not only RCW and Delta think the same. And stop whining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users