#301 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:22 AM

I will say this for what it is worth.

I don't always agree with Joseph Mallen, but I agree with him on this. If you played and contributed, and you are the last one left, you can shut down in a corner and try to survive till the 15min mark. It isn't wrong, it isn't against the rules, it is a way to protect your precious KDR if you really find importance in that stat (or just want to peeve everyone off lol).

I personally keep playing till I die. I normally make them work for it, or yolo if I am pretty jacked up. In either case, I don't power down.

HOWEVER, that is my decision. If others don't feel that way, then fine. As I see it though, hiding after participation is an allowable part of the game. If you don't like it, quit the match and play another mech, or get something to drink, or use the bathroom. In either case, dont make a bogus report.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 02 February 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#302 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 02 February 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

In the games that are closest to MWO at the moment, refusing to fight and many other things that have been talked about in this thread are very good reasons to get banned.I don't see why we should adopt that, since we soooo open-heartedly also embraced their business models.

Image if you had to wait in War Thunder for 30 minutes because there's one guy that is just flying from corner of the map to corner because he doesn't want to die.And here we are talking about a game where repairs are a thing, and where this might be a problem (realistic and sim battles), repairs are really expensive.

If he's the last guy flying its his call on how he wants to finish the match. making teh enemy work for their XP/Loot is fine by me. If I want out of the game I have a exit button.

#303 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

If he's the last guy flying its his call on how he wants to finish the match. making teh enemy work for their XP/Loot is fine by me. If I want out of the game I have a exit button.

'But it doesn't happen because A. People actually try to win, B.It's punishable. '
If the guy that is actually trying to win quits, he loses and the guy that is an ass wins.If he actually wants to win, he has to look for the enemy for 30-60 minutes, catch him and kill him.
Do you understand why this was a problem and why it was addressed acordingly, and why it should also be solved here?

Edited by MonochromeGoat, 02 February 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#304 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 02 February 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

'But it doesn't happen because A. People actually try to win, B.It's punishable. '

And those are the rules there. It is punishable here if, from the start of teh game to the end of 15 minutes you did:
Nothing
Didn't move
Didn't Fire
Just stood there and doing nothing.
However these are players who, after their entire team failed to stay alive through what ever reason are now DEMANDING the survivor play how the dead wants them to? Don't know about you, But if you're dead and I'm alive... I am not taking your advice to seriously. If you could not out last me, you don't have a right to tell me how to finish the match.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 February 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#305 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

The level of self importance of these kids demanding that the rules be changed to validate THEIR death and failure is disgusting. You whiny brats want nothing more than your incompetence and blame shifting to be validated through the death of the last player, and you are all truly pathetic for that.

#306 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 02 February 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

The level of self importance of these kids demanding that the rules be changed to validate THEIR death and failure is disgusting. You whiny brats want nothing more than your incompetence and blame shifting to be validated through the death of the last player, and you are all truly pathetic for that.

Not as pathetic as the last guy hiding though, and it sure sounds like it might be you.

#307 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

Harsh... But true.

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Not as pathetic as the last guy hiding though, and it sure sounds like it might be you.

Silly. pathetic is in teh eye of teh beholder. Its pathetic to me that a dead player will not just leave teh match to start the next. Even if it means using a trial. Once you are dead, your influence on teh match has ended.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 February 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#308 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

And those are the rules there. It is punishable here if, from the start of teh game to the end of 15 minutes you did:
Nothing
Didn't move
Didn't Fire
Just stood there and doing nothing.
However these are players who, after their entire team failed to stay alive through what ever reason are now DEMANDING the survivor play how the dead wants them to? Don't know about you, But if you're dead and I'm alive... I am not taking your advice to seriously. If you could not out last me, you don't have a right to tell me how to finish the match.

I do understand your point, but outside of 'i want to annoy everyone' i don't understand why you do it.
I too can outlast everyone if i'm playing a support light, but that doesn't mean anything.Since i'm always second-lining or brawling, i die and win together with the blob of players that i'm fighting with.In this case, i'm playing my role.Can you blame me for that?
I understand your situation, do you understand mine?
If it happens to someone on my team, it is true that i can quit, but i like to watch the match play out when i'm dead.But when it's the other way around, i can only feel hate for the person that is deliberately stalling.I didn't agree to 15 minutes, i agreed to play throughout the duration of the match, which these people can stall for even 10 minutes.Since i agreed to that, quitting in this case (being still alive), is punishable.

So, why is it punishable to refuse to be stalled, but stalling isn't punishable?

Edited by MonochromeGoat, 02 February 2015 - 09:41 AM.

#309 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 02 February 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

I do understand your point, but outside of 'i want to annoy everyone' i don't understand why you do it.
I too can outlast everyone if i'm playing a support light, but that doesn't mean anything.Since i'm always second-lining or brawling, i die and win together with the blob of players that i'm fighting with.In this case, i'm playing my role.Can you blame me for that?
I understand your situation, do you understand mine?
If it happens to someone on my team, it is true that i can quit, but i like to watch the match play out when i'm dead.But when it's the other way around, i can only feel hate for the person that is deliberately stalling.I didn't agree to 15 minutes, i agreed to play throughout the duration of the match, which these people can stall for even 10 minutes.Since i agreed to that, quitting in this case (being still alive), is punishable.

So, why is it punishable to refuse to be stalled, but stalling isn't punishable?
I don't do it. I am just supporting the right to allow others the right to continue. Also my Primary Mech is a brawler Atlas-S. But I support players bringing LRMs or Gauss/ERPPC Sniper builds. There are a lot of ways to play the game, I wanna see them all.

The Duration of the Match is 15 minutes. Unless CAP or death of the team. And if you are already dead you can exit the match.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 February 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#310 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Silly. pathetic is in teh eye of teh beholder. Its pathetic to me that a dead player will not just leave teh match to start the next. Even if it means using a trial. Once you are dead, your influence on teh match has ended.

It's funny that you don't see the influence of the hiding player on the match has also ended, because he's just waiting for the inevitable loss. Only people that value their KDR more than Win/Loss would hide.

#311 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

Ok kids, I think everything have been said and there could be no end so for me it's time to...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#312 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

It's funny that you don't see the influence of the hiding player on the match has also ended, because he's just waiting for the inevitable loss. Only people that value their KDR more than Win/Loss would hide.

And? I am not going to Judge why they are doing what they are doing. Im dead, I can watch how things shake out or I can leave the match if I am bored. The Person hiding is not forcing you stay in the game.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 February 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#313 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

I don't do it. I am just supporting the right to allow others the right to continue. Also my Primary Mech is a brawler Atlas-S. But I support players bringing LRMs or Gauss/ERPPC Sniper builds. There are a lot of ways to play the game, I wanna see them all.

The Duration of the Match is 15 minutes. Unless CAP or death of the team. And if you are already dead you can exit the match.

Thing which i do ('...since i'm always second-lining...'), even like that, if the first line falls, the second line will most probably also fall.Since you said you are a brawler, i don't understand why you can't see it from my perspective.

#314 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

My playbook if I'm the last guy standing:
What my fighting condition?
Can the match be won by another object?
What intel can I get from my team?
Locate/scout for a loner (Don't go after an easy kill if he has friends, better to 1v1 and minimize how many guns are directly aimed at you)
Plan a route to engavement (without giving away your position)
Find cover with an escape route to more cover (preferably without predictable outlets for other enemies to intercept)
Aim every shot
Minimize exposure
Assume when you anounce your presence all enemies are approaching
The moment an enemy maneuvers to close off your getaway lane or behind your cover, time to high tail it
Find a new loner and repeat

May not apply to all mechs, such as slower mechs will obviously have a harder time fading from engagements and pursuers
But use forks and intersections to your advantage, anonymity is your greatest weapon

#315 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 02 February 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Thing which i do ('...since i'm always second-lining...'), even like that, if the first line falls, the second line will most probably also fall.Since you said you are a brawler, i don't understand why you can't see it from my perspective.

Cause I am not impatient.

#316 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Cause I am not impatient.

So, basically
Spoiler

#317 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

Dear Joseph, reading you through all this thread makes me think that we really would have been good friends.

A virtual beer from Stefka ;)

#318 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

Totally Harsh, Totally True. Welcome to public schools 2015

#319 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 02 February 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Congrats, you just skipped 10 pages of text.

Recreation is not wasting time.Do you find 'having fun' a waste of time.Is being a sociopath also a hobby for you?

Also, we are talking ONLY about refusing to fight.Is it too hard to read, as hard as it is to stop being a *****?

If recreation is not wasting time, then people shouldn't judge or condemn how others choose to have fun or use THEIR time, Quiaff? Good, so now that we have a mutual understanding about OP's point...

The bulk of reply was in supporting OP, and support of the people who are left with the decision of giving in to people crying because they have a quota to meet or for them to have fun trying to win against stacked odds. If you're confused about what I'm talking about...

View PostRaggedyman, on 01 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Don't report some guy for not wanting to get perished, or who think they have or might actually have the plan and the skills to stage a comeback, and who is actually playing within the rules set. Work for your win, don't moan for it or demand it to satisfy your ego or whatever schedule the rest of the world must follow during your leisure time.

The whole reason I posted my video was to show that just going in to kamakaze and die toe to toe with 5 mechs is stupid, and it took time to weave in and out of those mechs in order to wrangle them in for an artillery strike that I was hoping would win the game.

Tactics shouldn't be a reportable offense just because there are many horribly bad pilots who like to play hero and run off and die in a team game, and think everyone else should do the same as them.

So if you took offense at anything I said, that's on you. My argument is that it could be viewed that the people who died and got steamrolled just wasted the entire match, and it's stupid that the one that they're complaining about is presumably the light that was doing its job until it was left with the massive task to carry or kamakaze. Because when that happens, it's the team that failed them first. Let that sink in.

In conclusion, it would be my sincere hope that all of those people who are dead on the losing team and whine and complain about that last person, whether they're fighting, sniping, or hiding, would instead take that time to reflect and think about how to suck less and be a better contribution to the team. To the people who are on the winning team whining and wanting the other mech to hurry up and die... sick your faster mechs on them. Can't find them? Split up and scout around. Powered down? That's what BAP/AP's for, or shoot at every mech you see.

Either side either way, it's part of the game. If you don't like it, then don't play skirmish.

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 02 February 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#320 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

True for the most part. That person hiding is trying to preserve that KDR stat. That stat is an important number to that person. If you want to knock him/her down a peg, find that person and destroy them. If you can't, they get to protect their KDR one more match.

Whether that is pathetic or inconsequential to anybody but that person is not of any importance. The important thing is...did the player contribute? Yes, then they are in their right to hide. Now it is your chance to find them.

Did they not contribute, but just run off at the beginning and hide to try and C-Bill farm, then report them (as long as your sure it wasn't an unintended game crash).

That is it. It doesn't matter whether we like waiting or like hunting for a lone survivor. It is part of the game. Just got to deal with it.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users