Stop Reporting The Last Man Standing

717 replies to this topic

#341 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 02 February 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

You like to play the game by hiding or running out of bounds like a chicken ****. I like to play the game by reporting your position. We both have the right to play the game the way we want...

I imagine all those reports that come in about "waaaa, someone didn't die like I told them to", those LEAP right to the forefront of attention, yes?

Solid Gold!

did you read the threads supporting the last guys right to fight for as many points, as much damage as possible? for the last mans standing privilege to tactically fight for a kill and NOT have to listen to whiners who are demanding him to die because they played foolishly, or just jump right to the part about "hey, this is all about me"?

My guess if none of you whiners have EVER been last man standing and do NOT know how maddening it having watched his team crumple from poor play and classic noon mistakes and now is faced with overwhelming odds and often has to listen to loaded diapers telling him to run out of bounds, die with honor when you have no clue just how exciting it is to be that guy, ammirite?

and none of us are talking about the guy with no weapons, powering down and hiding, are we? Nope, reading comprehension. Try it.

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I have no idea how you play, since I don't recall seeing you in-game.

I've seen him, I've never seen you. I guess your ELO isn't quite high enough yet

#342 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

What's wrong with him playing the way he wants? Who are you to tell him how to play?

I'm not. Nor did I. I gave my opinion. I did not suggest changes to teh rules, or anything of the like. I suggested logging a complaint, linking a post and then let PGI decide wrong doing.

#343 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

I give up on this thread, it's all a circlejerk between 'you are a douche because you aren't playing how i want you to play' and 'i'm 10 times better than you because i say so.Arguments are lies planted in the world by aliens'.There was no one in this thread that was worth talking with.
I never tried to hide and i never gave away positions, but i had to ally against it here.Get off your ******* high horse and realise that the CoC is flawed.We aren't doing this because we could drown a child in our self-importance, we are talking about an issue, but the guys defending it think they are so much better than the rest that they aren't even using arguments.I have seen better points made in middle school debates than what you guys have here.

Edited by MonochromeGoat, 02 February 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#344 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 02 February 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

I give up on this thread, it's all a circlejerk between 'you are a douche because you aren't playing how i want you to play' and 'i'm 10 times better than you because i say so.Arguments are lies planted in the world by aliens'.There was no one in this thread that was worth talking with.
I never tried to hide and i never gave away positions, but i had to ally against it here.Get off your ******* high horse and realise that the CoC is flawed.We aren't doing this because we could drown a child in our self-importance, we are talking about an issue, but the guys defending it think they are so much better than the rest that they aren't even using arguments.I have seen better points made in middle school debates than what you guys have here.

pa·tience
ˈpāSHəns/Submit
noun
the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
"you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the dross"
synonyms: forbearance, tolerance, restraint, self-restraint, stoicism; More

#345 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

I'm not. Nor did I. I gave my opinion. I did not suggest changes to teh rules, or anything of the like. I suggested logging a complaint, linking a post and then let PGI decide wrong doing.

But why? He's just playing the game the way he wants. Aren't people who are filing reports on people powering down doing the same thing? Why would his post have any bearing on what he's doing in game if he is within the rules? Is he not allowed to play the game the way he wishes within the rules? What would be wrong or worthy of PGI looking into a player playing the way he wishes within the confines of the rules? Or are you saying there are cases where the way a player is playing within the rules that warrant PGI's attention?

#346 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 02 February 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

I've seen him, I've never seen you. I guess your ELO isn't quite high enough yet

Heh so now we're comparing Elo to see who's right huh? Well I haven't seen you either in-game and I sure haven't missed anything from what I've seen so far.

#347 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Heh so now we're comparing Elo to see who's right huh? Well I haven't seen you either in-game and I sure haven't missed anything from what I've seen so far.

He did... Not me! I have no illusions about my place in teh game. ;)

View PostRG Notch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

But why? He's just playing the game the way he wants. Aren't people who are filing reports on people powering down doing the same thing? Why would his post have any bearing on what he's doing in game if he is within the rules? Is he not allowed to play the game the way he wishes within the rules? What would be wrong or worthy of PGI looking into a player playing the way he wishes within the confines of the rules? Or are you saying there are cases where the way a player is playing within the rules that warrant PGI's attention?

Filing reports I have no problem with. That is the way to handle the issue. Telling me to die already, narking out a team mate. That BS.

#348 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

They are vague so players do have wiggle room to do certain "Unconventional" tactics. I'll support that all day long.

What that means is you're actually also supporting some serious trolling, since it's within the rules of what's accepted. I can't support that at all.

#349 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

What that means is you're actually also supporting some serious trolling, since it's within the rules of what's accepted. I can't support that at all.

Sorry you cannot support psychological warfare.

#350 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

When we roll a team and there is one guy left and he is running or powering down and hiding there are sometimes (actually quite seldom) complaints.

I just tell them that he is within his rights to do anything to stay alive if it's his wish. He does not owe us anything and he certainly does not have to report in för execution.

I tell them that it's OUR job to flush him out and kill him, simple as that.

If the guy is on my team I do one of the previous things mentioned. I stay and watch, I launch another mech, Itab out and surf the net a few minutes, I go get a soda etc.

I most certainly do not report someone because I must launch my Cent within the next minute or the world will come to an unpleasant end.

#351 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 02 February 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

When we roll a team and there is one guy left and he is running or powering down and hiding there are sometimes (actually quite seldom) complaints.

I just tell them that he is within his rights to do anything to stay alive if it's his wish. He does not owe us anything and he certainly does not have to report in för execution.

I tell them that it's OUR job to flush him out and kill him, simple as that.

If the guy is on my team I do one of the previous things mentioned. I stay and watch, I launch another mech, Itab out and surf the net a few minutes, I go get a soda etc.

I most certainly do not report someone because I must launch my Cent within the next minute or the world will come to an unpleasant end.

But apparently the world will end if someone reports the location of a mech that is powered down to protect his KDR. :rolleyes:

#352 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

I find it amusing that people complain about having their time wasted when they are dead.

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Nothing like twisting the context of someone else's arguement eh ;)

#353 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Sorry you cannot support psychological warfare.

If you mean psychological warfare as in someone who probably needs a psychiatrist to solve his issues, then yeah I don't support it B) Ah well enough talk, I'm gonna play a few games and probably get trolled at least once, laters

#354 SplinterdBrain

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

depends on the game mode, if it is capture than the last guy should be capturing, and assault the same, or he could head back to his own base, but on skirmish, no-body want to chase a light for 10 minutes, when there is no way to end the game, the last guy needs to fight or go capture, not run and hide, I think it should be reportable, it is griefing. Do it if you like but you will be labeled a ass hat and a douche. :P

#355 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostKensaisama, on 02 February 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Nothing like twisting the context of someone else's arguement eh ;)

Well you're free to point out how I'm wrong. Because the rules allow plenty of trolling and if you support it then you are also partly supporting the problems that arise with badly defined rules.

Edited by Torgun, 02 February 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#356 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Its true that your dead team mates can just quit....

I report you because I don't want you griefing the other team. They should be played against with respect and not have to run around looking for your worthless carcass for 10 minutes.

Now if the other team is a bunch of clan crybabies who only won because they all had Timberwolves and Stormcrows I will help you hide....

Edited by MechWarrior5152251, 02 February 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#357 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Well you're free to point out how I'm wrong. Because the rules allow plenty of trolling and if you support it then you are also partly supporting the problems that arise with badly defined rules.

Nay I will not point out how wrong you are, I will point out that you have a perplexing inability to think outside the box though :D

#358 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

View PostRG Notch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

So everyone who died before you sucked and needs to work on how to better contribute, but the player who wants to hide and protect his KDR is somehow the superior player?

You're implementing a fallacy that all the last person alive is doing is protecting their KDR. I don't care why they're doing it, but the people that died and are complaining that the last person standing needs to hurry up and die like they did, would do well to take that time to figure out what they did wrong and how to die less. The people on the other team who are winning and are complaining about mechs using cover, powering down, or evasion can counter that many ways in game, and if people absolutely hate that aspect about Skirmish, then here's the biggest way to fix that...

Don't. Play. Skirmish.

Cap a base in Assault. Win by points in Conquest. Mechs can hide and evade all they want. Whatever. GG. You have a choice, so do they.

#359 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

But apparently the world will end if someone reports the location of a mech that is powered down to protect his KDR. :rolleyes:

The difference is reporting when you don't really have a case. If someone stay powered down from the start and don't move or fire a shot or if someome TK that's different because then you have a clear case.

#360 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

No, you'll just get reported and banned for assisting the enemy team. And we will laugh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users