• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

If you mean psychological warfare as in someone who probably needs a psychiatrist to solve his issues, then yeah I don't support it B) Ah well enough talk, I'm gonna play a few games and probably get trolled at least once, laters

i mean doing things to upset teh enemy to cause them to make mistakes, either to miss a hiding Mech or to fail to cap needed resources. There are more ways to beat an enemy than with your fist.

#362 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostKensaisama, on 02 February 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Nay I will not point out how wrong you are, I will point out that you have a perplexing inability to think outside the box though :D

And you have a fascinating ability to avoid the discussion at hand and instead choose to toss out badly veiled insults. I find it interesting how that often goes hand in hand with not having anything worth saying

#363 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 02 February 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

You're implementing a fallacy that all the last person alive is doing is protecting their KDR. I don't care why they're doing it, but the people that died and are complaining that the last person standing needs to hurry up and die like they did, would do well to take that time to figure out what they did wrong and how to die less. The people on the other team who are winning and are complaining about mechs using cover, powering down, or evasion can counter that many ways in game, and if people absolutely hate that aspect about Skirmish, then here's the biggest way to fix that...

Don't. Play. Skirmish.

Cap a base in Assault. Win by points in Conquest. Mechs can hide and evade all they want. Whatever. GG. You have a choice, so do they.

I tend to not play skirmish because I don't like the usual look for the light at the end. I thought skirmish, with it's current rule set was a stupid idea from the start because of this exact issue. I do however like to get matches quickly and unfortunately since we have a small population I have a far better chance to get in a match quicker if I select all modes. PGI in fact tried to force this because it ****(helps) the match maker. Personally, I think it's the sad sacks that care about KDR who should not play skirmish because then they can hide and people can use the other win condition and it's a win win for everyone.
In short, the mode is dumb and PGI was warned that it would create issues.

A i d s is censored :rolleyes: , and idiots want to filter in game chat because some people might say bad words.

Edited by RG Notch, 02 February 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#364 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 02 February 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

No, you'll just get reported and banned for assisting the enemy team. And we will laugh.

One last comment in this thread to say:
1.way to miss the point, **** you

So, why is it punishable to refuse to be stalled, but stalling isn't punishable?

Edited by MonochromeGoat, 02 February 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#365 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

RG many of my fellow Lawmen like Skirmish cause there is less likelihood of being Capped. And I see more players killing themselves than I do trying to cheat death.

#366 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 02 February 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

The difference is reporting when you don't really have a case. If someone stay powered down from the start and don't move or fire a shot or if someome TK that's different because then you have a clear case.

And what of people getting told by PGI's own support that powering down, even if you've done 1 pt of damage in skirmish is a reportable offense? I mean I know KDR is super important to you, but it's really not end of the world stuff to most players.

#367 SplinterdBrain

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 02 February 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

You're implementing a fallacy that all the last person alive is doing is protecting their KDR. I don't care why they're doing it, but the people that died and are complaining that the last person standing needs to hurry up and die like they did, would do well to take that time to figure out what they did wrong and how to die less. The people on the other team who are winning and are complaining about mechs using cover, powering down, or evasion can counter that many ways in game, and if people absolutely hate that aspect about Skirmish, then here's the biggest way to fix that...

Don't. Play. Skirmish.

Cap a base in Assault. Win by points in Conquest. Mechs can hide and evade all they want. Whatever. GG. You have a choice, so do they.

It is really not as simple as saying don't play skirmish, many of us play in a group, that you will not have a choice of the game mode, and you have to put up with people griefing, and trolling.

#368 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

RG many of my fellow Lawmen like Skirmish cause there is less likelihood of being Capped. And I see more players killing themselves than I do trying to cheat death.

Which brings us to the next issue, suicides should count as a death, which lowers KDR :lol: But enough for tonight, it's fun discussing about MWO but not that fun!

#369 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

And what of people getting told by PGI's own support that powering down, even if you've done 1 pt of damage in skirmish is a reportable offense? I mean I know KDR is super important to you, but it's really not end of the world stuff to most players.

Then report them, and let PGI handle it. other than that anything else is harassment, and eligible for a counter claim.

View PostSplinterdBrain, on 02 February 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

It is really not as simple as saying don't play skirmish, many of us play in a group, that you will not have a choice of the game mode, and you have to put up with people griefing, and trolling.
may I say that you are wrong. You will have a choice, it may not be a good one, or an easy one, but you have a choice.

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

Which brings us to the next issue, suicides should count as a death, which lowers KDR :lol: But enough for tonight, it's fun discussing about MWO but not that fun!

Yes and no. Its not a bad idea, but Who gets teh Kill? If I kill myself and you only damaged me Would I get teh Kill and you an Assist? Can we PROVE teh suicide was intentional or a mistake.

I'm interested in this line of thinking and would love a thread to discuss it!

#370 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

Are you guys still going on about this?

Do what you think is right and let PGI sort it out. Another 20 pages isn't going to change anyone's mind.

#371 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Then report them, and let PGI handle it. other than that anything else is harassment, and eligible for a counter claim.

Well then they can report them and let PGI handle it. OR, I know this asks PGI to do something and there is no money in it for them, but PGI could clarify the issue.
All they have to do is publicly answer this question : Is it a violation of the CoC for a player in a skirmish match to power down and hide whether or not they have participated prior to the shutdown?
Before anyone says it's clear from the CoC, I submit that PGI toadies at NGNG have given locations of powered down mechs in skirmish modes on their streams and several people have reported to have been told by PGI's own support employees that it is a violation in skirmish mode.
There is no question that people can freely power down in other modes where there are other win conditions. It may well be that it is allowed in skirmish as well. But it is not clear that this is the case. PGI can end this all with a simple statement. Maybe someone can ask on Twitter.

#372 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

Well then they can report them and let PGI handle it. OR, I know this asks PGI to do something and there is no money in it for them, but PGI could clarify the issue.
All they have to do is publicly answer this question : Is it a violation of the CoC for a player in a skirmish match to power down and hide whether or not they have participated prior to the shutdown?
Before anyone says it's clear from the CoC, I submit that PGI toadies at NGNG have given locations of powered down mechs in skirmish modes on their streams and several people have reported to have been told by PGI's own support employees that it is a violation in skirmish mode.
There is no question that people can freely power down in other modes where there are other win conditions. It may well be that it is allowed in skirmish as well. But it is not clear that this is the case. PGI can end this all with a simple statement. Maybe someone can ask on Twitter.

They could Clarify of they could think its clear enough. Not saying they are right or wrong. but this is seriously a issue about how patient some folks are/are not. I am also happy to see someone elude teh bloodhounds for or against my team. More for my team though. After all if teh guys hunting have mad skillz, cant they find one shut down mech with ease? :huh:

#373 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:20 AM

PlayerX: "We need a TDM mode."
Me: "You will need to hunt for the last mech if they choose to hide."
PlayerX: "Bah... that is a minor issue."

Year later:

PlayerX: "I HATE having to hunt for the last hiding mech in Skirmish!"
Me: :rolleyes:

#374 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

Free Pro Tip for you Noobs.....If you want a higher KDR Learn To Play Better....

#375 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostMercules, on 02 February 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

PlayerX: "We need a TDM mode."
Me: "You will need to hunt for the last mech if they choose to hide."
PlayerX: "Bah... that is a minor issue."

Year later:

PlayerX: "I HATE having to hunt for the last hiding mech in Skirmish!"
Me: :rolleyes:

I was there I remember that very conversation!

#376 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

I HAVE A SOLUTION! If you lose a match it counts as a death for KDR! So hiding gives you zero advantages.....

#377 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 02 February 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

I HAVE A SOLUTION! If you lose a match it counts as a death for KDR! So hiding gives you zero advantages.....

Nah, that what the W/L stat is for. KDR should be for kills and deaths only. I like that the stat exists, but then again, I don't try to artificially inflate it either. I use it for the metric as it is. I don't use it as some sort of bragging rights, I use it to track my performance.

#378 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

They do count as a death.

#379 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 02 February 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

But some players don't care about W/L as much as KDr. There is not punishment in your suggestion! Meh read that backwards

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 February 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#380 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

And you have a fascinating ability to avoid the discussion at hand and instead choose to toss out badly veiled insults. I find it interesting how that often goes hand in hand with not having anything worth saying

Well if it was a badly veiled insult then I must have done it right because if I had made it plain then the post would have been removed :D I am certainly glad you had the intellectual faculties to facilitate understanding. But you missed the gist of the first part of the post and completely ignored its relavancy to the discussion at hand.

I shall reiterate it here for you, "I find it amusing that people complain about having their time wasted when they are dead". Since you did not understand the relevancy of said statement allow me to expound upon its virtures. If you feel your time is being wasted while you are dead, LEAVE. Nothing is keeping you from leaving the match, grabbing another mech and hitting the battlefield in another game. I see more people whine and complain about having their time wasted when they are dead. That sir is my contribution to said discussion. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users