Stop Reporting The Last Man Standing

717 replies to this topic

#321 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Not as pathetic as the last guy hiding though, and it sure sounds like it might be you.

wow, I read 3-4 of your posts here, the stench of self importance is overwhelming.

#322 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 02 February 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

So, basically
Spoiler

Dude you are not even close.
pa·tience
ˈpāSHəns/Submit
noun
the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
"you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the dross"
synonyms: forbearance, tolerance, restraint, self-restraint, stoicism; More

I'm almost 49 years old. I have been gaming for 36 of them... I've been where you are now over a decade ago.

Also According to Al Frankin, the Me Generstion was in the 80s. You missed your Decade.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 February 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#323 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 02 February 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

True for the most part. That person hiding is trying to preserve that KDR stat. That stat is an important number to that person. If you want to knock him/her down a peg, find that person and destroy them. If you can't, they get to protect their KDR one more match.

Whether that is pathetic or inconsequential to anybody but that person is not of any importance. The important thing is...did the player contribute? Yes, then they are in their right to hide. Now it is your chance to find them.

Did they not contribute, but just run off at the beginning and hide to try and C-Bill farm, then report them (as long as your sure it wasn't an unintended game crash).

That is it. It doesn't matter whether we like waiting or like hunting for a lone survivor. It is part of the game. Just got to deal with it.

Under the current CoC the hiding player can do 1 damage and then hide and it's all fine and dandy. How anyone can think that's good rules for this game sure is beyond me.

#324 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 02 February 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

In conclusion, it would be my sincere hope that all of those people who whine and complain about that last person, whether they're fighting, sniping, or hiding, would instead take that time to reflect and think about how to suck less and be a better contribution to the team.

So everyone who died before you sucked and needs to work on how to better contribute, but the player who wants to hide and protect his KDR is somehow the superior player?

#325 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 02 February 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

wow, I read 3-4 of your posts here, the stench of self importance is overwhelming.

I guess you'd feel that way if I'm describing why I don't like people playing like you?

#326 1ka Musume

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 01 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Have just come out of a public match where it 11 to 2 with 5 minutes to go, and folks were very happily reporting the remaining enemy unit for cheating because he hadn't presented himself to their presence for immediate execution (as apparently was his duty). This isn't the first time I've seen it, and I'm quite sure it isn't the last, but it continues to boil my blood.

The rules are "15 minutes or all enemy dead", not 'till you think you should have the win', so either get off your butt and make all enemy dead (especially if you have 10 mechs to find them with) or get off your butt and get PGI to change the rules set so that the game stops and gives the victory at a different point.

Don't report some guy for not wanting to get perished, or who think they have or might actually have the plan and the skills to stage a comeback, and who is actually playing within the rules set. Work for your win, don't moan for it or demand it to satisfy your ego or whatever schedule the rest of the world must follow during your leisure time.

People like you are the reason we don't have a decent reporting system, because you'll end up reporting for anything you view to be an infraction of your own personal 'how the game must be played' listing (which currently includes "losing the match", "reversing when /I/ wouldn't", "friendly fire in the middle of a brawl", "having an overly colourful paintjob" and "using LRMs/ballistics/lasers/clanmechs".)

Just play the damn game, and if someone being alive angers you that much then find them and take it out on their damn hull!

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 February 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

No one tolerates having their time wasted.

2 both of you...

Posted Image

#327 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

I think I'm going to run my ecm spider the rest of the day in protest.
Guess my strategy?

OCCUPY LAST MAN STANDING!!

Honesty, I'm waiting for a tooth extraction and thought I'd re-read some pages.

It NEVER occurred to me that by NOT dying, my kill to death ratio stays high...DAM, I'm off in my ECM to crank that stat thru. the. roof.

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

I guess you'd feel that way if I'm describing why I don't like people playing like you?

I'd be lying if I cared. Been married three times, had a million dollars twice and still have all my hair and all my teeth and I see kids like you struggling to understand basic life. m'eh

#328 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 02 February 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

I think I'm going to run my ecm spider the rest of the day in protest.
Guess my strategy?

OCCUPY LAST MAN STANDING!!

Honesty, I'm waiting for a tooth extraction and thought I'd re-read some pages.

It NEVER occurred to me that by NOT dying, my kill to death ratio stays high...DAM, I'm off in my ECM to crank that stat thru. the. roof.

I hope you do, go for it hardcore every day and every time and tell all your friends to do the same. Then maybe more people will see the problem with the current CoC and make PGI do something about it.

#329 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

Actually I know you're not talking about me...

#330 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

You like to play the game by hiding or running out of bounds like a chicken ****. I like to play the game by reporting your position. We both have the right to play the game the way we want...

#331 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

View PostThat Dawg, on 02 February 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

I'd be lying if I cared. Been married three times, had a million dollars twice and still have all my hair and all my teeth and I see kids like you struggling to understand basic life. m'eh

I do find it interesting you cared so little you both read and posted about it. Well the things millionaires do eh?

#332 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

I hope you do, go for it hardcore every day and every time and tell all your friends to do the same. Then maybe more people will see the problem with the current CoC and make PGI do something about it.

first of all, they haven't fixed the UI, so they are going to LEAP to fix something, that by its very definition is ONLY broke in your eyes?
Tilt at many windmills? Much?

#333 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

He isn't helping the cause I agree. and depending how he uses the Spider I may even support turning him in. But if follows the rules and participates, he's with in his right.

I may suggest pointing to that post to help your point though.

#334 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Actually I know you're not talking about me...

I have no idea how you play, since I don't recall seeing you in-game. I'm just surprised you or anyone else would feel these badly outlined rules for this game are perfect just the way they are.

#335 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

What would be wrong with that? People play the way they want. Take an ECM spider on skirmish, do 1 point of damage and find a hiding spot and make the enemy find you. Sounds fun. Totally within the CoC and championed by folks here. That DC guy should use this tactic instead of TKing, he couldn't even get reported or banned apparently. :D

#336 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 02 February 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

You like to play the game by hiding or running out of bounds like a chicken ****. I like to play the game by reporting your position. We both have the right to play the game the way we want...

One is suicide, the other is a traitorous act. I prefer teh suicide player.

#337 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

He isn't helping the cause I agree. and depending how he uses the Spider I may even support turning him in. But if follows the rules and participates, he's with in his right.

I may suggest pointing to that post to help your point though.

What's wrong with him playing the way he wants? Who are you to tell him how to play?

#338 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Under the current CoC the hiding player can do 1 damage and then hide and it's all fine and dandy. How anyone can think that's good rules for this game sure is beyond me.

Rules need to have a cut off somewhere.

For one, to get that one point of damage, that mech would have had to put themselves into somewhat harms way. They would have had to play long enough to run to the enemy, hit then, and run away and park. If your a farmer, that takes precious time from farming (I'd imagine anyway). Your just going to park your mech and hope you don't get reported. That is quicker.

The bigger issue is, where is the cutoff if not zero. Zero is just a definitive number to say that person did nothing. But, what about 5 damage, is that still ban-able? How about 10 damage? Zero damage is just clean and definitive.

In any case, this thread isn't about farmers, but people that complain about people that DO help, but would rather hide than die. To that I say, it is their choice. It is legit and legal. Really end of story.

#339 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

View PostThat Dawg, on 02 February 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

first of all, they haven't fixed the UI, so they are going to LEAP to fix something, that by its very definition is ONLY broke in your eyes?
Tilt at many windmills? Much?

You must have read only my posts in this thread if you think it's only me that think this hiding game is a problem.

#340 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostTorgun, on 02 February 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I have no idea how you play, since I don't recall seeing you in-game. I'm just surprised you or anyone else would feel these badly outlined rules for this game are perfect just the way they are.

They are vague so players do have wiggle room to do certain "Unconventional" tactics. I'll support that all day long.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users