Stop Reporting The Last Man Standing

717 replies to this topic

#401 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

If you are shutting down to surprise the enemy and don't want to be outed, easy solution:

<Team> "Hey team, gimme 30sec, I want to surprise their back-armor when they walk past..."
<ALL> "I'm in (coordinate grid nearby, but not yours exactly) and I've only got one leg, get some!"

If you don't say anything, everyone else assumes you are a jerk (which you are).

Those of you who want to out that last bugger shut down facing terrain with no intent to fight:

<ALL> "It appears there is a map glitch that has our teammate stuck at xxx.xxxx and xxx.xxxx"

See! Just reporting map bugs!

--billyM

#402 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

All Chat: "Dudes. We're up 8-4. Why are you dragging this out? Stop wasting everyone's time and present yourself for execution"

:)

#403 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:22 AM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 12 February 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

And heck, even running away to just annoy them with a wild goose chase is still an act of participation, just not the kind you like.

Actually that is griefing. You have to be actively engaging. Running away with the intent to have a wild goose chase is griefing.

View PostDock Steward, on 12 February 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

No, it isn't. It's tactics. Let the turrets do some work for you, it's why they're there. "Hiding" in an armed base is fundamentally different than hiding in a cave and shutting down.

not really.

Edited by Ghogiel, 12 February 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#404 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 12 February 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

Actually that is griefing. You have to be actively engaging. Running away with the intent to have a wild goose chase is griefing.

not really.

Ummm...yes really?

#405 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

Hey Ghogiel, am I allowed to torso twist to spead out damage? Or is that griefing you too?

BTW, sending your team on a wild goose chase lets me string you out so I can sweep around and strike your slow guys first. Maybe the problem here is that you shouldn't judge what other players do until you have a better grasp of tactics.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 12 February 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#406 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 12 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Hey Ghogiel, am I allowed to torso twist to spead out damage? Or is that griefing you too?

sure. seems pretty active to me.

View PostDock Steward, on 12 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Ummm...yes really?

Running away or hiding, running down the clock when it's 11-0 etc is griefing.

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 12 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

BTW, sending your team on a wild goose chase lets me string you out so I can sweep around and strike your slow guys first. Maybe the problem here is that you shouldn't judge what other players do until you have a better grasp of tactics.

1v1 me

Edited by Ghogiel, 12 February 2015 - 06:27 AM.

#407 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Oh joy, the devs changed their minds again.

Well, at least now I know I must ask my group if they are going to play skirmish, and they say 'yes' refuse to play because we have too many people who need to be pampered in this game with their instant gratification fetish.

And if I forget and end up in match, what am I supposed to do that is not considered a bannable offense? Suiciding out of bounds?
Reportable.
Shutting down and hiding?
Reportable.
Disconnecting?
Reportable.
Play the match that I never wanted to play because I made a mistake?
HAH! Nope. Not gonna bother.

Notice a major flaw here PGI? Maybe I'll just start team traitoring myself and then exit match... yeah I'm sure that's going to go over well.

I just spent money on this game for this?

Talk about caveat emptor!

Edited by Kjudoon, 12 February 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#408 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 12 February 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

sure. seems pretty active to me.

Running away or hiding, running down the clock when it's 11-0 etc is griefing.

1v1 me

Using base turrets to help whittle down enemies and help you secure at least a kill, even in the situation of an inevitable defeat isn't griefing. It's smart. Clearly you disagree. Fine. Go out out and die without putting up the best fight you can, if that's how you want to play. Other's are going to use all the tools at their disposal. That doesn't make those people griefers.

#409 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostDock Steward, on 12 February 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

Using base turrets to help whittle down enemies and help you secure at least a kill, even in the situation of an inevitable defeat isn't griefing. It's smart. Clearly you disagree. Fine. Go out out and die without putting up the best fight you can, if that's how you want to play. Other's are going to use all the tools at their disposal. That doesn't make those people griefers.

imo time wasters are griefers. it's pug games dude, they don't matter. Dragging it out to protect your kdr is kinda lame even if it isn't griefing.

#410 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 12 February 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

imo time wasters are griefers. it's pug games dude, they don't matter. Dragging it out to protect your kdr is kinda lame even if it isn't griefing.

I'm not talking about protecting KDR, I'm talking about getting c-bills and XP in the face of an inevitable defeat. You are exactly right: it's a PUG, it doesn't matter....EXCEPT for the rewards! Letting a turret help you whittle an enemy and then securing the kill shot and thus XP and c-bills is BETTER than rushing out and dying for the sake of whiners. If you refuse to see that, then we really have nothing left to discuss.

#411 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 12 February 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

Oh joy, the devs changed their minds again.

Well, at least now I know I must ask my group if they are going to play skirmish, and they say 'yes' refuse to play because we have too many people who need to be pampered in this game with their instant gratification fetish.

And if I forget and end up in match, what am I supposed to do that is not considered a bannable offense? Suiciding out of bounds?
Reportable.
Shutting down and hiding?
Reportable.
Disconnecting?
Reportable.
Play the match that I never wanted to play because I made a mistake?
HAH! Nope. Not gonna bother.

Notice a major flaw here PGI? Maybe I'll just start team traitoring myself and then exit match... yeah I'm sure that's going to go over well.

I just spent money on this game for this?

Talk about caveat emptor!

PGI didn't change their mind, some of us have repeatedly told you, Support has said all along to REPORT the people who shut down and don't play in Skirmish. YOU wanting to do that doesn't mean you have the right to do so, doesn't matter how much you payed, the rules are the rules. That rule is specifically to keep people from griefing the rest of the players, game mode is last man standing, NOT capture a base or resources, so if you aren't actually trying to kill the enemy, you aren't playing the game and are griefing.

I'd suggest you set your game mode selection to NOT include Skirmish, and make sure any group you join is aware you don't do Skirmish when you join them, that way, you can avoid this issue totally.

#412 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostDock Steward, on 12 February 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

I'm not talking about protecting KDR, I'm talking about getting c-bills and XP in the face of an inevitable defeat. You are exactly right: it's a PUG, it doesn't matter....EXCEPT for the rewards! Letting a turret help you whittle an enemy and then securing the kill shot and thus XP and c-bills is BETTER than rushing out and dying for the sake of whiners. If you refuse to see that, then we really have nothing left to discuss.

No one is sayng rushing out and dying. Just don't run away or hide. Actively engage is all anyone can expect.

#413 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

Where's all the folks who were so sure that it wasn't ever reportable? Hello? Where's the folks saying you could do 1 damage and then shut down and it not be reportable? Hello?
Now if PGI would just make an announcement and sticky it so we don't have to hear people spout nonsense it would be great.

#414 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 12 February 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

PGI didn't change their mind, some of us have repeatedly told you, Support has said all along to REPORT the people who shut down and don't play in Skirmish. YOU wanting to do that doesn't mean you have the right to do so, doesn't matter how much you payed, the rules are the rules. That rule is specifically to keep people from griefing the rest of the players, game mode is last man standing, NOT capture a base or resources, so if you aren't actually trying to kill the enemy, you aren't playing the game and are griefing.

I'd suggest you set your game mode selection to NOT include Skirmish, and make sure any group you join is aware you don't do Skirmish when you join them, that way, you can avoid this issue totally.

Consider me from Missouri, and I just don't take your word over the previous information I got from Devs and Mods. Now that position has changed. Okay, it's changed. The whiners got what they wanted. Now they can punish and get people banned who won't just put their faces into your gun muzzles at your whim.

But let me point something out to you. When you are NOT group lead, you CANNOT control directly what play modes are there. NOR do you know what it is till you get a match if you did not ask because of lack of foresight. Now the player is in an impossible position.

When I do control the group, skirmish is NEVER an option, and when I solo, I never go there.

But sometimes, when you're with friends, you end up getting dragged along with them because they don't care or have a similar mentality as yours, not mine. PGI has created a no-win situation all for the sake of a few impatient entitlement junkies who do not feel they are required to live up to their part of the bargain beause they can't seem to survive an entire match, OR that they are too lazy to do the job and go find the last mech.

Whatever. You got your sop. Now you can deplete the player base even more at your convenience. I'm sure that'll make the game a better place. :rolleyes:

#415 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

"imo time wasters are griefers."

And this is your blind spot. They may be wasting your time, but not theirs. Maybe they are still learning what works and what doesn't. Maybe they want to see if luring you to their base is a valid strategy. Maybe they just want to see how many cored mechs they can take down with the one med laser they have left, as practice for endgames in CW that will matter.

Point being, its not your place to judge what they are doing. You are not a special little snowflake. The game doesn't revolve around you. If the guy is still moving, leave him alone and let him play.

#416 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 12 February 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

No one is sayng rushing out and dying. Just don't run away or hide. Actively engage is all anyone can expect.

You "engage" the enemy your way. I'll engage them my way, on my terms, in the most advantageous way possible. If I was left on a team with two friendlies who each only had one large laser left, I certainly wouldn't run away from them to engage the enemy. I'd buddy up, try to lure the enemy into a position of our choosing, and try to take them out. In Assault mode, the turrets are my friendlies. I'm not going to ignore them when I need them most.

I suddenly feel like we're talking about two completely different scenarios...

#417 Squarebasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

Agree with the OP.

#418 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostDock Steward, on 12 February 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

You "engage" the enemy your way. I'll engage them my way, on my terms, in the most advantageous way possible. If I was left on a team with two friendlies who each only had one large laser left, I certainly wouldn't run away from them to engage the enemy. I'd buddy up, try to lure the enemy into a position of our choosing, and try to take them out. In Assault mode, the turrets are my friendlies. I'm not going to ignore them when I need them most.

I suddenly feel like we're talking about two completely different scenarios...

Can't do that anymore. You must engage the enemy the way the impatient demand. And if you try to quit, they can report you too.

Only safe move, never play skirmish.

Edited by Kjudoon, 12 February 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#419 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 12 February 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Consider me from Missouri, and I just don't take your word over the previous information I got from Devs and Mods. Now that position has changed. Okay, it's changed. The whiners got what they wanted. Now they can punish and get people banned who won't just put their faces into your gun muzzles at your whim.

But let me point something out to you. When you are NOT group lead, you CANNOT control directly what play modes are there. NOR do you know what it is till you get a match if you did not ask because of lack of foresight. Now the player is in an impossible position.

When I do control the group, skirmish is NEVER an option, and when I solo, I never go there.

But sometimes, when you're with friends, you end up getting dragged along with them because they don't care or have a similar mentality as yours, not mine. PGI has created a no-win situation all for the sake of a few impatient entitlement junkies who do not feel they are required to live up to their part of the bargain beause they can't seem to survive an entire match, OR that they are too lazy to do the job and go find the last mech.

Whatever. You got your sop. Now you can deplete the player base even more at your convenience. I'm sure that'll make the game a better place. :rolleyes:

If people who want to hide to protect their precious KDR leave I consider it addition by subtraction. No one says you have to run out and die. People are saying you can't go power down and hide. I know some folks can't seem to understand their are degrees between powering down and hiding and rushing out to die but trust me there are. Most of them though end in a death and your precious KDR may suffer.

#420 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 12 February 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Can't do that anymore. You must engage the enemy the way the impatient demand. And if you try to quit, they can report you too.

Only safe move, never play skirmish.

Please stop saying that. It isn't remotely true. You're just going to confuse people who don't know better.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users