#41 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostMercules, on 01 February 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

Inherent flaw of Skirmish pointed out long before Skirmish was a game mode.

No Alternate Win = ECM Spider jumping up to a place no one can shoot him and waiting for the timer to end.

But did any one listen? Nooo, just a harmless little bunny, we want a "pure" deathmatch mode.

#42 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 February 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

No one tolerates having their time wasted.

oh grow up...

What is so pressing?
Does that executive lifestyle really suffer from another 3 minutes?

I'm curious, because as winner of a few last man standing awards, to ME it means my team WASTED MY F'ING TIME by doing something so stupid it left ME in this position. Six minutes on the clock, and YOU are all dead??

So, I will do my best to kill more, get more damage, put more into MY account so I dont have to WASTE more of my time finding a better team FFS...

How about a name and shame thread?
We get to take screen shots of jerkoffs giving away position. I'm not talking about that powered down idiot with no weapons, I'm talking a light or fast moving medium working his ass off trying to flank, maybe drop arty, maybe secure another kill.

#43 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 01 February 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

I like how no one is even commenting anymore after this.

Note the use of the words "Persistent non-participation". If I'm not disco or AFK I am participating.

I am under no obligation to hand you an easy win, If my mech is still functional I will be doing my best to keep it that way, even if that means leading the enemy on a wild goose chase till the clock runs out.

#44 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 01 February 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

Note the use of the words "Persistent non-participation". If I'm not disco or AFK I am participating.

I am under no obligation to hand you an easy win, If my mech is still functional I will be doing my best to keep it that way, even if that means leading the enemy on a wild goose chase till the clock runs out.

I already stated in my previous post that i'm talking about people that shutdown and nothing else.I have nothing against trying to snatch a win from the jaws of defeat.

Edited by MonochromeGoat, 01 February 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#45 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:50 AM

RAGGEDYMAN

Please look around the forums a bit this is a redundant post. see the 12 page topic on "RULES"

The rules say:

.as long as you participated in the match at some point you did not violate the terms of service

.the matches take up to 15 minutes you agree to play that long no matter what happens in the match even if it has the possibility of ending sooner by a secondary win objective. as such no time is ever wasted as long as a playing on the enemy team is alive and not disconnected (the game is still being played, dead people don't get to choose how the live people play the game)

.Reporting a teammates location , loadout, damage etc.. to the enemy team is a violation of the team treason code of conduct(feel free to take screenshots and a detailed time/date/map/mode report to support, this is a banable offense and contrary to some posters here they do ban people for it)

If somebody did no damage all map then screenshot it at the end and report it as it is a violation of the non-participation code of conduct(done to stop bot drops back in closed beta).

It's not the players job to police the code of conduct, it's PGIs send in a report DO NOT take it upon yourself to break the rules because you will be the one getting punished.

EGOMANE was a moderator here and quite a while back when they were still a moderator they settled this already. if you have done damage and can no longer fight and decide hide or shut down or choose to fight sneaky as the last man it is still within the rules, as such it is not a reportable offense.

Of course all of this could easily be settled by turning off "ALL CHAT" for dead players till the match ends.

Edited by Slepnir, 01 February 2015 - 05:53 AM.

#46 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

With 8 minutes left, we had a MIst Lynx hide in a volcano only reachable by JJs and then log off. Is that reportable in your humble opinion?

Yeah, not a big fan of hiders, but I expect them to go out fighting, getting a few more shots and CBills (often an extra kill or two), even if they don't run out and suicide.

#47 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:56 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 01 February 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

oh grow up...

What is so pressing?
Does that executive lifestyle really suffer from another 3 minutes?

I'm curious, because as winner of a few last man standing awards, to ME it means my team WASTED MY F'ING TIME by doing something so stupid it left ME in this position. Six minutes on the clock, and YOU are all dead??

So, I will do my best to kill more, get more damage, put more into MY account so I dont have to WASTE more of my time finding a better team FFS...

How about a name and shame thread?
We get to take screen shots of jerkoffs giving away position. I'm not talking about that powered down idiot with no weapons, I'm talking a light or fast moving medium working his ass off trying to flank, maybe drop arty, maybe secure another kill.

A worthless spider can lock up 23 other mechs for up to 15 minutes. In that time, you could probably finish 3 regular matches, which translates to more fun, more XP, and more c-bills.

There's zero players in this game who'll submit to some guy holding their mechs hostage for the full 15 minutes.

#48 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostBront, on 01 February 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

With 8 minutes left, we had a MIst Lynx hide in a volcano only reachable by JJs and then log off. Is that reportable in your humble opinion?

Yeah, not a big fan of hiders, but I expect them to go out fighting, getting a few more shots and CBills (often an extra kill or two), even if they don't run out and suicide.

not trying to defend this action, but jumpjetting into areas and stuff is known to have the "forever falling" bug.

So this mist lynx could be falling at a rate of 362 meters per second and was unnable to get back down. No point staying for a match where you have no control. I usually report my location first and then leave the game when this happens to me.

#49 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostBront, on 01 February 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

That would fall under the purposely disconnecting violation of the code of conduct, screen shot and report.

If he stayed in match and had done damage then it would be within the rules.

#50 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 01 February 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

That would fall under the purposely disconnecting violation of the code of conduct, screen shot and report.

Sounds like rules lawyering to me, but that's because it is.

>so this guy did 2 damage.
>then he hid for 12 minutes.
>PERFECTLY FINE!

Those rules are relics from the dark days of the beforetimes, that PGI don't want us to speak of. They're about as rooted in reality as battletech's lore itself.

#51 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 February 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

A worthless spider can lock up 23 other mechs for up to 15 minutes. In that time, you could probably finish 3 regular matches, which translates to more fun, more XP, and more c-bills.

There's zero players in this game who'll submit to some guy holding their mechs hostage for the full 15 minutes.

Don't play Skirmish then. There are other game modes with alternate win conditions that this can't happen in. If you want to play in pure "kill them all" Skirmish then you will have to deal with the occasional last mech you can't find, a flaw pointed out time and time again.

#52 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 February 2015 - 06:01 AM, said:

not trying to defend this action, but jumpjetting into areas and stuff is known to have the "forever falling" bug.

So this mist lynx could be falling at a rate of 362 meters per second and was unnable to get back down. No point staying for a match where you have no control. I usually report my location first and then leave the game when this happens to me.

Nah, at some point you hit the floor and die.

No, after we located him (with help from his team), it took another 2-3 minutes for the only mech on our team capable of getting up there, who eventually shot him. He was seriously hurt, and ran off to hide because of damage even before things went bad for his team. Game could have been over at 10:32, instead it ended at 0:37.

If the other team hand't helped, we'd have never found him. It was a volcano you needed 4+ JJs to get into on a light or medium.

#53 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 01 February 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

I checked my screenshot, he did no damage in the match at all (I thought he was damaged, but he may not have been), and his unit name sounds very trolly (won't name it here).

I don't report most hiders, though I will encourage them to simply fight (and I generally do it somewhat politely). This guy got reported though.

#54 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

I will so your point is null and void.

#55 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

The only time I've ever reported someone for something like this was a jenner who hid behind a wall, shut down, and then, right when our team was winning (!), decided to charge in and start team killing before he went back and shut down. I'm sorry, but that's just [REDACTED].

#56 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

And you know what that Spider says?

Posted Image

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 01 February 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

I will...

Ditto, because turn-about is fair play.

Edited by HlynkaCG, 01 February 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#57 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostGrey Black, on 01 February 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

The only time I've ever reported someone for something like this was a jenner who hid behind a wall, shut down, and then, right when our team was winning (!), decided to charge in and start team killing before he went back and shut down. I'm sorry, but that's just [REDACTED].

That is an entirely different matter, he was obviosly not there to win or if not winning trying to at least survive but to grief his teammates.

#58 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

Clearly, you're wrong. As evidence by my post, others post AND the rules you agree to when you install the game.

I enjoy watching a talented last man doing his best to raise hell.
How does one hold a mech hostage? You only have ONE mech?
You have NO other mechs that can function without those modules?
Wrong game for you then.

#59 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:14 AM

There is a distinct difference between someone setting up an ambush, which it only takes a few seconds to type to your team btw, and someone running to a hiding spot and shutting down with no intention of fighting.

Support has asked us to report it when the last man standing in Skirmish runs off and shuts down and stops playing.

So, about that 'the rules don't prohibit it' bit, the rules are in flux, always have been, probably always will be, it's an MMO style game after all. Griefing can be done in a lot of different ways and people are constantly trying to find new ways to do it, nature of the online gaming beast. PGI is aware of this, they want us, the players, to let them know what WE the players find to be annoying and what WE the players consider to be griefing. They don't promise to change the rules, but they HAVE directly asked for our feedback on this, and on this specific situation directly.

If you the last man standing in Skirmish and you plan on trying to take out the enemy, LET YOUR TEAM KNOW! You won't get spotted out to the enemy, you won't get reported, you may even find teammates telling you the condition of the enemy Mechs.

If you just run somewhere and shut down without letting your team know you HAVE plans, expect to get reported since you did just break one of the rules as many of us read them.

DO NOT give away someone's coords unless they are a DC, THAT is a clear violation of the rules and you will get reported for that, as you should.

Something that is NOT expressly forbidden by the rules is not automagically allowed, it simply hasn't been forbidden YET. That fact that PGI wants us to report people for this action tells you that it's NOT automagically allowed and you should probably not be doing it.

#60 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 01 February 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

• Persistent non-participation in core game mechanics.

That is way different to "You must present yourself for execution if you are the last man standing", it's also very woolly wording, specifically 'persistent' and 'non-participation'. Are you talking across a series of games or during one round? Is it within the last minute or the last five? If I'm playing a scouting role and haven't scored damage one (but got multiple spots) have I been participating or not? Is staying still and being hidden a core game mechanic? If so does hiding behind a wall mean I should be reported?

I understand why it's been worded that way (so PGI can ban folks as they wish without comeback on the T&Cs) but IMO that doesn't mean that players should use it to bully their preferred version of gameplay onto others. Regardless of what PGI do and don't action yelling "I'm going to report you and your going to get banned" is trying to enforce your views on others, to police their behaviour, and it's that that I most object to because it's wrecking the atmosphere.

As said before: If the rules need changing to make a game mode work 'better' then get a solid mechanic put in place by petitioning PGI, don't spam things up in game though as it's bloody annoying.

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 01 February 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

I like how no one is even commenting anymore after this.

I didn't realize there was a time limit on forum conversations.

View PostSlepnir, on 01 February 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

Of course all of this could easily be settled by turning off "ALL CHAT" for dead players till the match ends.

That's actually rather a spiffy idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users