To Bushido or Not to Bushido

233 replies to this topic

#221 Blue Footed Booby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationHere?

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostNoirWolf, on 02 August 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

I will fight ingame the same way I fight in real life: no quarter, no mercy...

And no pants.

If you ever get taken down by the Booby, know this: you've been killed by a naked guy with a beer in one hand, another beer in the other, and his face on the keyboard.

#222 MArxalot

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

bushido? giev missl?

#223 The East is Burning Red

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostNoirWolf, on 02 August 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

I will fight ingame the same way I fight in real life: no quarter, no mercy. The code of Bushido is a fun thing to discuss but in real life it does not get **** done and ingame being all peppy and honourable may be an option but aside from maybe entertaining the notion of a fair duel (IE 1vs1 with everything allowed in my conception) there will be nothing standing between the muzzle of my AC/PPC and my target except air.

:D

#224 Eco

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

just go BOLO...................legem headum and yell TADA !

#225 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

I adhere to the rules of Sephshido:

1: Headshot whenever you can

2: Legshot one legged enemies, or enemies who have at least 1 leg that is seriously damaged

3: When there is only one enemy left and I have several teammates, remove the arms (or equivalents), and the legs of a target before finishing them off.

#226 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostNWHHarrier, on 29 June 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

The question reminds me of an episode of HBO's adaptation of game of thrones, where Tyrion's lannister's bodyguard Bronn fights another champion on his behalf. Bronn refused to fight on the knight's terms, dodging blows, striking back rarely, before a final struggle in which he throws the knight to his death down a hole in the floor. Bronn is then told by the territory's ruler that he fights with no honor. Bronn replies, glancing at the hole saying, "no...he did."

Be like Bronn! Nerdiest post ever?

I salute your taste in high fantasy epics sir!

#227 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

The only point where honour really plays in warfare is with regard to surrendered troops and civilians.

For example a soldier should not attack or fire upon civilians or surrendered troops unless it is in defence. The only point this would effect in game would be the simple rule of 'don't shoot down ejection pods'.

#228 Disbelief

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

Don't move over a highly damaged enemy when you outnumber him. That was one of the cheapest scenes i ever experienced. Got hunted by 3-4 mechs and was two times on the ground. Both times it didn't look like an accident. Note that it was no mech which could just run away and it was the last one fighting.

Just let your enemy die with some dignity. :D

Sometimes I push Jenners in the mud too. Just because you don't have to hunt the last mech over the whole map again to confirm your victory again.

#229 Montoya

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

#230 Jondine

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

If one is fighting to win, then use all available tatics and tricks you. Otherwise, you a heap of scrap metal laying on the ground.

#231 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

The knocking down mechs thing is indeed cheap... but I have been on both sides of it, I will admit. Jenners are so damn annoying that by the time you catch up to one, you'll do whatever works to turn it into scrap, including repeatedly slamming it to the ground so everyone else can get easy shots at the back and head.

#232 Milkman Luke

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Location407

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

I can't believe this thread is still going. Maybe we should have it moved to the House Kurita forums where people will have some laughably serious discussions about mech honor.

#233 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

MECH HONOR IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

#234 Atomsmasherisw

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

I guess as we look at Bushido, death would be our duty for the house. What it doesn't say is what means we cause another's death. If my honor is to defend my house, I would best do that while i live and not die. By that thought, I will use every means possible to inflict as much damaged as I possibly can. Will I die for my emperor; yes. I know it sounds wrong, but there is no defeating you opponent in an in honorable way. In real life, those that die don't get to scream they were wronged. Take your defeat and move on.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users