Official Nkva Response To Marik Attack On Kurita

279 replies to this topic

#81 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

The help Marik sent to FRR actually did make a difference, especially when some of the comp teams (like MS) were not there grinding on them. They even retook some worlds. The issues with the nSL is that it was based on the idea of Davion not being hammered on 2 fronts and being able to help at least a little, same with Liao - contributing the units they had since they would have a peaceful Davion border (their only active one) and Kurita at the very least not being an active combat border with Davion.

That all fell apart. Currently the 'nSL' is Marik trying to help FRR and Davion cheering while treading water.

#82 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 March 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

That all fell apart. Currently the 'nSL' is Marik trying to help FRR and Davion cheering while treading water.

Posted Image

#83 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 05 March 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

This NSL has really worked out for the FRR *dripping with sarcasm*

View PostStealth Raptor, on 05 March 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

and steiner as well. i hear they are very happy that they are losing planets to marik

Don't forget Davion! They sacrificed planets so Marik could "teach" Kurita a lesson.

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 March 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

The help Marik sent to FRR actually did make a difference, especially when some of the comp teams (like MS) were not there grinding on them. They even retook some worlds. The issues with the nSL is that it was based on the idea of Davion not being hammered on 2 fronts and being able to help at least a little, same with Liao - contributing the units they had since they would have a peaceful Davion border (their only active one) and Kurita at the very least not being an active combat border with Davion.

You were offered a ceasefire weeks ago so Kurita could fight the clans. The offer might still even be on the table. Maybe Marik and Davion should have considered that option instead of looking for a fight with Kurita.

Edited by Stormthorn, 05 March 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#84 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostStormthorn, on 05 March 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

Don't forget Davion! They sacrificed planets so Marik could "teach" Kurita a lesson.

You were offered a ceasefire weeks ago so Kurita could fight the clans. The offer might still even be on the table. Maybe Marik and Davion should have considered that option instead of looking for a fight with Kurita.

Oh no!!! *runs in fear, holding hands up to protect face*

"I am learning lesson!!! I am learning lesson!!! Make stop!!!"

*stops running, notices has captured another Marik planet*

#85 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 March 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

I'm trying not to be an ******* but man, you will lose every match, and be outplayed on a daily basis and still be happy that our other borders erode away (your words not mine)? That is pretty stupid. If that is how you want to enjoy MechWarrior then I feel sorry for you.

It was our hope that we would all get this out of our system and fight the Clans after the reset, but I guess not if you just want to watch our borders get ghost capped.

Yeah, actually. Pretty much everyone not in Kurita would like to see your faction left with a single world, if even that much.

#86 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostValar13, on 05 March 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

Yeah, actually. Pretty much everyone not in Kurita would like to see your faction left with a single world, if even that much.

As long as Marik and Davion still have worlds to take, that very unlikely to happen. Ha ha ha.

#87 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostValar13, on 05 March 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

A davrat wearing marik purple thinks those two factions are "Everyone not in Kurita", now that is egotism at it's height.

#88 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:32 AM

View PostStormthorn, on 05 March 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

We were offered a ceasefire while Kurita still held a ton of Davion worlds and we were about to come into a position to take them back. Also we knew MS was on the way and trying to create a CF before that would have been problematic. Trying to make one right now would really feel like leaving Marik swinging in the breeze. I'm sure you can appreciate very well after the pivot south you guys made a while ago that at some point Kurita pissed Davion off so bad some people rather see Kurita get pounded by the Clans than help Kurita fight. Wasn't always the case but, well, feelings change. Wasn't it Kurita that said they'd let Terra burn in the hands of the Clans to go all in on Marik? That idea of 'Oh yeah? I'll take you with me'.

When I was a kid and my parents would leave I would fight with my older brother. I mean like really, really fight. At one point he had to get stitches because I taped a knife to a pool cue stick and hucked it at him. Cut his arm way open. Parents would leave and I'd go take his favorite toys on the roof (he was afraid of heights) and break them to pieces and throw them at him, he'd take my favorite toys out into the yard and beat them to pieces at a hammer and we'd rage at each other. We were both obnoxious little shits. Finally though we got that all sorted out and get along great.

Admittedly we were both in our 30s by then, but that's not the point. Marik, Kurita and Davion have a lot of poo flinging in the past and probably a bit left to do. Especially with map resets hanging over our heads. Please feel free to come to Davion TS and speak to AFFS Command. They may surprise you. Otherwise I'm far more interested in how we're going to start off after the reset. THAT is when alliances will really matter. I'd love to start the next map reset with everyone hauling off to punch the Clanners right in their ***** mouths.

#89 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:59 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 March 2015 - 12:32 AM, said:

We were offered a ceasefire while Kurita still held a ton of Davion worlds and we were about to come into a position to take them back. Also we knew MS was on the way and trying to create a CF before that would have been problematic. Trying to make one right now would really feel like leaving Marik swinging in the breeze. I'm sure you can appreciate very well after the pivot south you guys made a while ago that at some point Kurita pissed Davion off so bad some people rather see Kurita get pounded by the Clans than help Kurita fight. Wasn't always the case but, well, feelings change. Wasn't it Kurita that said they'd let Terra burn in the hands of the Clans to go all in on Marik? That idea of 'Oh yeah? I'll take you with me'.

When I was a kid and my parents would leave I would fight with my older brother. I mean like really, really fight. At one point he had to get stitches because I taped a knife to a pool cue stick and hucked it at him. Cut his arm way open. Parents would leave and I'd go take his favorite toys on the roof (he was afraid of heights) and break them to pieces and throw them at him, he'd take my favorite toys out into the yard and beat them to pieces at a hammer and we'd rage at each other. We were both obnoxious little shits. Finally though we got that all sorted out and get along great.

Admittedly we were both in our 30s by then, but that's not the point. Marik, Kurita and Davion have a lot of poo flinging in the past and probably a bit left to do. Especially with map resets hanging over our heads. Please feel free to come to Davion TS and speak to AFFS Command. They may surprise you. Otherwise I'm far more interested in how we're going to start off after the reset. THAT is when alliances will really matter. I'd love to start the next map reset with everyone hauling off to punch the Clanners right in their ***** mouths.

#90 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 06 March 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

#91 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

You davions and mariks like to pretend to have the moral highground... but lets face it, were all just a bunch of scumbags leaping on whoever seems weak like a bunch of starving jackals...

And now it is you guys here complaining because you were the weak factions and kurita is rolling over you, just as the endless zerg horde of cannister babies rolls over kurita.

I'd take that ceasefire were i you, i mean we may have alot of your worlds, but you have alot more to lose........

And when the clanners get down to you, you'll be facing clan hordes and us... and you can barely stand against us.

#92 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

View Postzortesh, on 06 March 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

You davions and mariks like to pretend to have the moral highground... but lets face it, were all just a bunch of scumbags leaping on whoever seems weak like a bunch of starving jackals...

And now it is you guys here complaining because you were the weak factions and kurita is rolling over you, just as the endless zerg horde of cannister babies rolls over kurita.

I'd take that ceasefire were i you, i mean we may have alot of your worlds, but you have alot more to lose........

And when the clanners get down to you, you'll be facing clan hordes and us... and you can barely stand against us.

I could get into what happened with Kurita; if you guys got attacked after the first few weeks it was by stragglers and pugs. Most of us not only didn't attack but dropped defense when we could, but at this point it's moot.

Right now though most of us would rather help drag Kurita down as much as possible even if the Clans win as fight the Clans. That's an impressive achievement on Kuritas part. There was a time when all we cared about was fighting the Clans.

#93 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

That's an even more impressive deflection to imply that we're responsible for that stance and not your own boredom/greed.

#94 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 06 March 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

That's an even more impressive deflection to imply that we're responsible for that stance and not your own boredom/greed.

Not really a deflection if it's true, is it?

#95 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 March 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

I could get into what happened with Kurita; if you guys got attacked after the first few weeks it was by stragglers and pugs. Most of us not only didn't attack but dropped defense when we could, but at this point it's moot.

Right now though most of us would rather help drag Kurita down as much as possible even if the Clans win as fight the Clans. That's an impressive achievement on Kuritas part. There was a time when all we cared about was fighting the Clans.

I wasn't involved in cw at the start and i was in a Steiner group... so i don't really know how it started... I don't really care, i like killing davions, they talk so much better then they shoot on average... and i need cbills.

Thou a few pugs attacking without 12man and starting a war does sound wonderfully lore friendly... someone in the draconis march decided they weren't killing enough dracs and so... went and killed dracs without orders.

Who started it is rather irrelevant, and unprovable to boot at this point, i mean we can show who took planets first but thats not who attacked first.... i mean you can attack, lose on planet your trying to take, and get your own planet taken not long after and then point fingers and say "hey look see kurita took our planets first."

Fact is were actully all acting remarkably in character... everyone outside your faction is barbarians and scumbags, unless there currently your ally, then there your good buddy until you don't need them anymore and can drive a dagger into there kidneys.
Then there at best a necessary evil to be destroyed the second its nolonger necessary.

Marik thou are really funny with there star league and its rhetoric.... pretend to be the good guys trying to combine and save the inner sphere, while rampaging across Steiner worlds looting and murdering.

Edited by zortesh, 06 March 2015 - 06:19 PM.

#96 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 March 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Right now though most of us would rather help drag Kurita down as much as possible even if the Clans win as fight the Clans.

currently beating marik while pushing back or holding clan borders at the same time. yep we are getting drug down into the mud :D

#97 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 06 March 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

currently beating marik while pushing back or holding clan borders at the same time. yep we are getting drug down into the mud :D

How long is 228 going to be there? How many mercs do you have currently?

You're currently just treading water with some of the best hired guns in the game giving you a boost. MS will be home in CGB shortly and 228 will leave and you'll lose 3-6 a day for a bit. Then back to treading water for a week, then back to losing, rinse and repeat. At this point you've got too many hostile borders. It's bad math.

#98 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:23 PM

1 kurita pilot + 1 dav pilot = 1 dead dav pilot and 1 million cbills, good math

#99 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

beware house kurita

#100 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

With the appaling lack of support from the nsl, my unit have seriously debated heading to Kurita just to bring the war to complacent armchair generals in the south. However, we still think that it is more important to fight the clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users