#61 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostMycrus, on 04 March 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

For the nth time... use musashi

Posted Image

hehe ;)

Edited by Novawrecker, 04 March 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#62 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

Posted Imagethank you marik for feeding our troops

#63 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostMycrus, on 04 March 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

I dont see anything wrong about war in a war game.

In fact this is the only thing that makes it worth playing.

Stomping on pug teams in cw or in normal queue is boring

If we were in public queue, I'd agree.

We're not. This is factional warfare, where you can functionally eliminate a faction if it's damaged enough, and people make agreements and diplomacy also matters.

Marik made a grand alliance to protect factions being attacked by the Clans- most specifically, the FRR.

Since this has started, the FRR has lost 50% of it's remaining planets, now being at an all-time low of -four- worlds.

Liao does not have enough firepower to assist the FRR on it's own, which has meant Marik forces have made the difference.

Starting a war with Kurita leaves the FRR, which was already only holding its own with Marik assistance utterly in the lurch. You've gung-ho'd your way into abandoning the biggest Marik proposal (one that succeeded in getting multiple factions to try and help the FRR) in favor of opening a front with Kurita- one that last I checked, had actually been going in favor of Kurita.

As the oldest ally to Marik, watching the FRR crumble for nothing more than a need to be aggressive is disturbing. Would you toss us aside just as easily? Will you use the Suns the same way? Diplomacy is about trust. The war with Kurita comes at the cost of promised obligations that are the life or death of an entire faction.

In a metagamish sense, the players your faction leaves by the wayside are very, very likely to end up in the wave of Clan units washing over your borders if their factions collapse. Or Steiner. Or Kurita. Being regarded as a backstabbing, opportunistic pack of snobbish jackanapes wasn't very healthy for Davion. Why in heck would it be good for Marik in the long run?

#64 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

To be fair, idea of Marik beating clan units in defensive battles pretty laughable. If anything, what hurts FRR is that Kurita no longer able to send drops to defend FRR territory when other goals have been achieved.

Personally helped with two victorious defense drops (one defend, one counter attack) for FRR on night before Marik attack.

*shrugs*

#65 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

Sometimes I feel like the words Marik and PUG can be used interchangeably.

#66 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 04 March 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

I think it really depends on your priorities as a group. Would you accept all of NKVA into the 22nd Argyle if you knew they would keep up the same kinds of posts and went out of their way to start fights with other people in the unit, even if it meant Davion would start making progress on the paper map?

NKVA's priorities are about making sure that we as a group enjoy each other's company as well the company of the mercs and other loyalist units in Kurita. We've turned down offers from multiple people who were interested in joining us (and people interested in incorporating us!) just because there were people concerned they wouldn't 'get' our unit's culture. That matters more to us to maximize our enjoyment in-game.

I'd argue that since there's no 'win' condition for CW in terms of planets taken, there's no reason to prioritize the safety or collection of them long-term. Until there are gameplay incentives to hold planets, that'll always be the case.

There is only one unit you should ever consider incorporating into. All the others are pretenders and do not offer the same potential to become great forum warriors like yourselves.

#67 MungFuSensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostProphetic, on 05 March 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

There is only one unit you should ever consider incorporating into. All the others are pretenders and do not offer the same potential to become great forum warriors like yourselves.

NO! We need them separate so that we have plausible deniability!

#68 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostMungFuSensei, on 05 March 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Ha ha ha. They still think we are clanner alts.

#69 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostMungFuSensei, on 05 March 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Your right! How could I be so blind!

#70 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostProphetic, on 05 March 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Of course! We'd never abandon NS-senpai

#71 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 March 2015 - 08:46 PM, said:

I get what you're saying and honestly I don't disagree in the lack of value in keeping dots - I don't think anyone in Davion really cares if Liao is attacking Davion or not, every drop against Liao is largely wasted time. Same with fighting Marik, it's why we put a treaty together with them. We decided what we wanted to do for fun (get a Clan front) and started looking that way. Our biggest problem was not having done so sooner I think.

However you can't take that too far or it leads to Bad Places. That's the same logic that people pugging the Clan border use for bringing 4 LRM boats/snipers, standing in back and guaranteeing their teams loss but hoping to do enough damage to pull decent cbills out of the match. They're screwing the game experience for everyone else (even Clanners get bored of clubbing scrubs after a while) for their own giggles.

I have no doubt there are people in Kurita who play to win and winning for them means beating the enemy. I get having a unit culture - get that very well, I <3 all the Lancers, they're good people. If after the map resets they decide to go Clanner, or Kurita, or Liao, I don't care. I'll go with them and I'll be 100% all in with whatever faction that is. They're my peeps.

However when I play CW I play to win. Long term and short. Be that stirring up drama for my factions enemies on the forums or playing to win matches as well as long term house strategy. Doing otherwise would feel disrespectful to my peeps.

#72 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

View Postwanderer, on 05 March 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

If we were in public queue, I'd agree.

We're not. This is factional warfare, where you can functionally eliminate a faction if it's damaged enough, and people make agreements and diplomacy also matters.

Marik made a grand alliance to protect factions being attacked by the Clans- most specifically, the FRR.

Since this has started, the FRR has lost 50% of it's remaining planets, now being at an all-time low of -four- worlds.

Liao does not have enough firepower to assist the FRR on it's own, which has meant Marik forces have made the difference.

Starting a war with Kurita leaves the FRR, which was already only holding its own with Marik assistance utterly in the lurch. You've gung-ho'd your way into abandoning the biggest Marik proposal (one that succeeded in getting multiple factions to try and help the FRR) in favor of opening a front with Kurita- one that last I checked, had actually been going in favor of Kurita.

As the oldest ally to Marik, watching the FRR crumble for nothing more than a need to be aggressive is disturbing. Would you toss us aside just as easily? Will you use the Suns the same way? Diplomacy is about trust. The war with Kurita comes at the cost of promised obligations that are the life or death of an entire faction.

In a metagamish sense, the players your faction leaves by the wayside are very, very likely to end up in the wave of Clan units washing over your borders if their factions collapse. Or Steiner. Or Kurita. Being regarded as a backstabbing, opportunistic pack of snobbish jackanapes wasn't very healthy for Davion. Why in heck would it be good for Marik in the long run?

all the metagame politics flies over the head of this lowly merc..

the war with kurita is the only thing that makes CW interesting for me now.

I find defend games against clamz as boring.. well except the one on luthien where you practically didnt wait to get drops.

#73 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 March 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

Marik **** talking at its finest. In case you haven't noticed, now that you guys are attacking, we aren't going to "learn our lesson" because we are losing planets on other fronts. You guys actually have to win matches, and more then just the occasional successful light rush. Until then, good luck.

Clans don't attack us because of our forum banter and in game chatter. They attack us just because, I mean we are CSJ's ONLY attack lane. Duh. Its only Davion and Marik that seem to be upset about it. Do you realize that? You are the ONLY two factions that come on here and get offended by it. It must be because you guys are insecure about something.

Excuse me but Kurita had an offer to join an early form of Star League some time ago , an offer Kurita rejected and keeped pushing on Davion front while losing more planets than conquered at hands of CSJ. I mean you know this was comming.

Edited by strikebrch, 05 March 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#74 LoklanZFG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationWraeclast

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 05 March 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Excuse me but Kurita had an offer to join an early form of Star League some time ago , an offer Kurita rejected and keeped pushing on Davion front while losing more planets than conquered at hands of CSJ. I mean you know this was comming.

Ah, back to the good old "you no join our treehouse club where we boss you around, so its your fault!"

And I believe the OP sums up very well what we knew was coming :D

Edited by LoklanZFG, 05 March 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#75 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 05 March 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Know What Is Coming? Continued Tears Of The Federated Worlds League? Ha Ha Ha Ha.

#76 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Excuse me, but the nSL was a Marik lie to steal it's neighboring factions planets. Marik has been regularly taking planets from both Steiner and Davion. In their greed they have provoked the Dragon and now they are the ones on the menu at your local PFC.

#77 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostMycrus, on 05 March 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

all the metagame politics flies over the head of this lowly merc..

the war with kurita is the only thing that makes CW interesting for me now.

I find defend games against clamz as boring.. well except the one on luthien where you practically didnt wait to get drops.

The merc's paradox. Employers hire you to fight, but if you fight too well, you run out of opponents.

Hint: Davion is begging for more troops, as are Steiner and the FRR. The first gives you all the IS fights you like (Liao and Kurita), the other two both have worlds that you can attack rather than endless Clan defenses (which being Marik, is your only option for Clan fights now). Or heck, Kurita. They had Clans and Davion.

Marik was happily sending merc units over to Kurita even when they hated the delivery. Why not the FRR? They desperately could use the help. Marik has, in a way been the victim of their own successes- when Steiner and Davion rolled over and presented their puckers, picking a fight with Kurita was exactly as you describe it- a method of boredom relief.

Oddly enough, the worst solution for Marik and Kurita is the best one for mercs if they don't want to fight Clanners.

#78 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

View Postwanderer, on 05 March 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

The merc's paradox. Employers hire you to fight, but if you fight too well, you run out of opponents.

Hint: Davion is begging for more troops, as are Steiner and the FRR. The first gives you all the IS fights you like (Liao and Kurita), the other two both have worlds that you can attack rather than endless Clan defenses (which being Marik, is your only option for Clan fights now). Or heck, Kurita. They had Clans and Davion.

Marik was happily sending merc units over to Kurita even when they hated the delivery. Why not the FRR? They desperately could use the help. Marik has, in a way been the victim of their own successes- when Steiner and Davion rolled over and presented their puckers, picking a fight with Kurita was exactly as you describe it- a method of boredom relief.

Oddly enough, the worst solution for Marik and Kurita is the best one for mercs if they don't want to fight Clanners.

We did the rounds so for only in marik i can round up enough pilots in my primetime to get drops... i was asking the oceanics to join a single faction so drops can be done faster..

Shinvector did suggest liao... ill see when my contract runs up... so far the apac subforum is a ghost town..

#79 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

This NSL has really worked out for the FRR *dripping with sarcasm*

#80 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

and steiner as well. i hear they are very happy that they are losing planets to marik

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users