Clans Lost 50 Planets During The Weekend Event...

Balance

455 replies to this topic

#61 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostRepasy, on 28 March 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

I think the problem here is that everybody has tabletop-complex. There are too many Battletech fans playing this game, lol.

If you erase all bias and prior BT experience, we actually have a pretty well-balanced game, where 12 IS vs 12 Clan is ok. Where 12 vs 10 is irrelevant. MWO has never seen a greater balance than RIGHT NOW. I think PGI is on the right track finally with micro-quirk tweaks. Both sides have a wide array now of mechs to choose from. Maybe we'll even see Clan battlemechs and IS omnis in the future.

And as far as last night goes, while it was a total defeat for the Clans, I have never been more excited playing ComWar!!! We finally get a taste of what ComWar could be like with a high player opt-in. This is what it should be like, with over a hundred players on each side fighting for planets!

I partially agree. MWO =/= BT and all that.

But 2/3 of the Clan weapon systems suck. Over half the Clan mechs suck. If Clans were as customizable as IS, they would be worse.

Some of this can be fixed/mitigated with quirks, yes. Some will not: Nova's shape/hitboxes, endo for the poor, Ferro Clan OR IS, etc.

Maps could be used to shape Clan and IS roles more as well, range vs brawl an be forces with map size/composition.

#62 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

clans are op,yeah right.

#63 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 28 March 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Allright, because the Clans lost 8 planets, without knowledge how those losses happened (you know, unimportant stuff like who fought who, premades, pugs and stuff), the IS tech is OP when compared to Clantech?

Sounds legit.

Ahem, isn't that's the exact same rationale given by IS folks whining about Clans being OP? As the saying goes, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

#64 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

Is players actully attacking for once.

Seems when clanners don't have overpowering numbers they cant stand against us.......

Personally i blame the loss of those planets on the lrm direwolves, lrm 40 timberwolves with no other weapons... even clanmechs can be pathetic if you build them badly enough i guess.

#65 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostVincent V., on 28 March 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Why not jump over to a Clan and test the 'Mechs out for yourself?

I spent 3 months as part of the Clans (only Smoke Jaguar) and did that. Nothing from that has changed my opinion.

Some of us actually know enough of mechs to not just say random stuff.

View PostWing 0, on 28 March 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

deathlike was in clan for awhile. He went kurita after getting his ass kicked so bad by the I.S with all those quirks he went and switched sides.. NOW THAT is pathetic. it just goes to show that a lot of pilots cant fight clans WITHOUT quirks. That is the proof im seeing right this very moment. CLANS being op? you guys are dumb.

Wing... do you really want to open this can of worms? I don't like airing up grievances publicly, but I guess I have to make an exception here.

The primary reason why I left BSM is because BSM has a unit does not listen or practice a lot of the stuff I tell them. Full stop. Noone has to agree with all I have to say or even take a good build. When people are not listening to the drop commander... in which many cases defaulting to ME, particularly in public drops... only because people aren't willing to do that themselves and while I prefer others to do it, I'll do it because I'd like to see the team win first and foremost. Once a drop commander is ignored is simply ineffective in his role, then there's no further purpose.

The thing that Gyrok and many others keep harping at is honestly the general lack of coordination or tactics... and LESS to do with actual mechs, quirks, and other things.

The best teams in MWO usually know what they have to do... besides being able to shoot. You have have a great 12-man team of elite players, but when going against a competent 12-man team that is cohesive... a poor drop commander can make 12-man elite players look like garbage. Whether you agree or not is one thing, but this is what I see day in and day out in ANY match... solo, group, or CW.

I like talking with people better than myself about these things... so that I get better as a player... at least trying to play along with someone that is a drop commander to understand what is the thinking about try to figure out the counters or reactions that go along in a match. Just because you might be the best shooter on the team, you still have to direct or be directed in order to accomplish the goal that is required of you.

The only reason why I joined NS is "because they have a clue". I didn't advertise myself at all, and they showed interest (I know other teams showed interest, which is appreciated). Had anyone had actually talked to me about it... you know, things could have been different.

You can throw me under the bus if you want to... I don't care. If you're trying to make excuses for not getting better, be my guest. People who work with each other are more likely to succeed and those who refuse to work each other do not. It's that simple. This game punishes players greatly (especially in roflstomp fashion) when a key mistake is made. Why this is not apparent to people is beyond me.

Worry less about the tech you hold. Worry more if your team is not on the same page, communicating what needs to be done and what needs to be dealt with immediately. This is how you can determine success more often than not.

Edited by Deathlike, 28 March 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#66 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 March 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

The thing that Gyrok and many others keep harping at is honestly the general lack of coordination or tactics... and LESS to do with actual mechs, quirks, and other things.

exactly, so why do we need to keep screwing (supposedly balancing) with the mechs? the good teams will always be good no matter what side they are on, and the crap ones will always be crap no matter what side they are on.

#67 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostGyrok, on 27 March 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

So about that "Clamz OP plz nerf" stuff...yeah...not so much.

Well yeah... right now IS are op, and everyone is catching on. Quirks are insane, clans are like nerfed versions of is mechs now LOL. Oh yeah and 5 more tons in dropdecks!

#68 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Deathlike couldn't have said it any better.

I agree with summon3r

View PostAlwrath, on 28 March 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Well yeah... right now IS are op, and everyone is catching on. Quirks are insane, clans are like nerfed versions of is mechs now LOL. Oh yeah and 5 more tons in dropdecks!

blame PGI.

#69 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 28 March 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Quantity has a quality all its own.

FTFY. I believe it was Joseph Stalin, but it may have been Vladimir Lenin. Both have been credited with it...

#70 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 28 March 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Oh i have to use the ACTUAL BEST MECH IN THE GAME STK-4N anyone? TDR Pulse boat? Please, PGi gave you a way to win and you all STILL whine..... :P I dont run usually run TBR's in CW....sorry. MDD's or HBRs

Have you run a 4N?

It literally has the exact same mobility as a Dire Wolf but without the potential for arm movement. It's an 85 ton Dire, only with a fraction of the firepower and way less armor.

I hear people complain about the 4N. It's like getting killed by a boomjag. It's got so many weaknesses that if you don't know how to deal with one, I don't know what to tell you.

#71 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 March 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Have you run a 4N?

It literally has the exact same mobility as a Dire Wolf but without the potential for arm movement. It's an 85 ton Dire, only with a fraction of the firepower and way less armor.

I hear people complain about the 4N. It's like getting killed by a boomjag. It's got so many weaknesses that if you don't know how to deal with one, I don't know what to tell you.

Again, my personal feelings are that this event is a poor proxy for reasons I highlight ealier; however, the 4N is superior to the clan assaults in many many ways.

It's perked to run very cool and has high mounted weapons.

Dires and stalkers are very different mechs but the heat perk and high mounted weapons keep the 4N superior in CW in my opinion. The closest comparision for the stalker is the warhawk and yeah, the warhawk really is not very good; especially when you consider the IS 10 ton advantage. That little 10 ton bonus makes a big difference when it comes to selecting an 85 tonner.

Edited by Blueduck, 28 March 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#72 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 28 March 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

clans are op,yeah right.

It actually makes sense. Considering this event has caused an influx in solo players, the ones on the IS side are generally going to have better luck, because of 2 reasons:

1. Clan trial mechs are terrible. I even tried running a trial drop deck once. Will never do again. The armor is terrible, the heat efficiency is even worse, and the loadouts don't make sense. Then on the IS side you have some great trial mechs, like the Banshee with 6 Large Pulse.

2. Most newer players don't have very good aim, so the shorter laser duration and more pinpoint nature of IS mechs actually works to the IS player's advantage. For example, a player with average aim is likely going to score more overall damage in a Banshee with 6 Large Pulse than they are with the Dire Wolf that has spread ACs and longer lasting lasers.

#73 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

Players actively begin participating in CW because of the CW challenge. IS actually gets to field enough communicating players to do something.

In the past the Clan side almost always had communications as is typically the case in the old Clan versus unorganized pug battles with the IS side flooded with newer players in which Clans got their 'superior' reputation.

Now, in a field with communications on both sides and in the face of the new Clan buffs (quirks) while the IS gets an additional 10 tons to work with, saw the Clans losing several planets simultaneously.

Could the IS do it without the 10 ton advantage? Provided the maps are not Boreal and player count / communications between players stays up, yes. Easily, even. Just aim for the legs of Stormcrows (where they can't spread damage just by running) and Timber Wolves (Just as much armor to deal with, far less damage spread) and we'll find IS claims of being overpowered to be almost unanimous (except when IS can't get close).

Edited by Koniving, 28 March 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#74 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostEleshod, on 28 March 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

12 man IS groups stomping clan pugs due to the event, welcome to our side without an event.

Played this whole week before the event and I have yet to see the difference.

#75 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

Just sad they had to nerf the Clan mechs so you I.S. [surats] could compete.....what ever happened to those stories about 1 or 2 Clan mechs wrecking a ton more I.S. Mechs....Or you know the whole we are suppose to have these better ER LRG Lasers but for some reasons your IS ones seem to kill us far easier.... They sadly only use Lore only supports the IS not the Clans at all...

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 31 March 2015 - 04:05 PM.
Language

#76 ST0RM3R

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:43 PM

I think all, who play for Clans and want to purchase 3rd wave, must ignore this purchase. And we will see how fishes will singing about CLANS are OP and nerfed all IS mechs for make MOAR MONEY. This is just business.
Just make 10vs12 (40vs48) and remove all quirks. Or if they want to save quirks - just make fixed hardpoints or another way - make DHS for clans true double.
This is all. This is real balanced game than what we see now. Now we see unbalanced "something".

Edited by Sorrowcry, 28 March 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#77 LoklanZFG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationWraeclast

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

Lmao. Silly clanners. If I could take my timbers, stormcrows, and hellbringers in my CW drop deck I would do it in a heartbeat.

#78 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:55 PM

i think for most part it's pretty balanced with mechs, I mean yes the IS has better lights and they a large laser advantage which is critical to have in CW

But the real problem is first of all PGI has let to introduce new modes, so players are pigeon holed to playing specific mechs. If they introduce more modes and randomized it so we wouldn't know which we would get , it would allow the game to be more based on skill rather then meta

Second of all a lot of players have left CW , the clans took the biggest hit in lost of players especially jade falcon and ghost bear. so our lost of planets is not because we lose matches (we actually win a vast majority of them according to Russ) but it's because we don't have a force big enough to Zerg

Edited by Grimwill, 28 March 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#79 ST0RM3R

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostLoklanZFG, on 28 March 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Lmao. Silly clanners. If I could take my timbers, stormcrows, and hellbringers in my CW drop deck I would do it in a heartbeat.

Ok. Take 7-day contract for clans and go. With screens and video plz. Thats would be funny.
High words and nothing above them.

#80 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

And not to sound like a D , but who cares really , capping planets means nothing gives no rewards or perks except a unit tag on it.

Edited by Grimwill, 28 March 2015 - 03:09 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users