Reseen unseen pictures

218 replies to this topic

Poll: What design you like better? (541 member(s) have cast votes)

So, which design you would prefer for developers to (someday) implement in MW:O?

1. Reseen. They do look cool and still recognizable. I want to see them in game! Or, maybe, their adaptation by Alex! (295 votes [54.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.53%

2. Unseen. The developers must go to another (hopeless) fight with HG over the old design! In the worst case, Alex and only Alex should make new reseen version! (246 votes [45.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

There is quite some talking about unseen mechs at the forums, but in most discussions it's forgotten, that some of them were "reseen". So, here i have an assembly of pictures, that show how the reseen versions look like, and a picture of an old design, to compare. Yes, i know, you can look at sarna, but it's a pain. So, here they go. Look under the spoiler.

Spoiler

I personally like "reseen" design (i think, i've just made a "Kick me" inscription on my back with this phrase ;)), even though I'm a bit nostalgic about the old design. It is new, it is more modern and it still gives a unique look to the mechs. And yes, it does resembe old one a bit. So, i would be very happy, if the reseen (and re-designed by Alex) mech would make an appearance in the game. And what do you think?

Oh, ant to those, who don't understand, why unseen are unseen. Here are the pictures of unseen and their originals. Tx Melcyna for these pictures mining and look under the spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Undead Bane, 05 July 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#2 Kodiak Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationRuhr-Area, NRW, Germany

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm unsure...in most cases I liked the angles on the old designs better...most reseen design look so...round...

#3 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostKodiak Knight, on 01 July 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

I'm unsure...in most cases I liked the angles on the old designs better...most reseen design look so...round...

Well, Alex's adaptation will shurely make them less round =) The main question is, which of them you like for a basis better.

#4 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hmm i actually like the originals better, especially the Warhammer and Marauder.

#5 Vashts1985

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostUndead Bane, on 01 July 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

I personally like "reseen" design.

#6 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yup, I like most of the Reseen looks better... Except maybe the Marauder and Warhammer.

I could definitely live with the Reseen, if they were to make it into the game.

Edited by FactorlanP, 01 July 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#7 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

It changes from mech to mech.

Some reseens were better (Archer, Battlemaster, even Griffin), but some were AWFUL, like the Shadow Hawk. ;)

#8 macmerritt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

I love the old Unseen designs, but some of the newer Reseen are pretty decent as well. I like the Battlemaster, Marauder, Phoenix Hawk, Griffin, and Thunderbolt, . A few are horrible like the Warhammer, Shadow Hawk, Crusader, and Wolverine.

Any version would be welcome honestly, as Battletech just dosent seem the same without these iconic designs.

#9 Bearcut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 261 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

As an long time Battletech player, I am partial to the Unseen, especially the Wasp, Stinger, and Locust.

However, I would rather have them in the game then not have them. Harmony Gold is obviously not going to give up the rights, if after almost thirty years they still have an axe to grind. Might as well just go with the reseen and get some more mechs.

#10 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

i prefer some reseen, but honestly if i had to pick, unseen just for the maurader.

View PostUndead Bane, on 01 July 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Skadi, 01 July 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#11 Falcor

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostAdridos, on 01 July 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

It changes from mech to mech.

Some reseens were better (Archer, Battlemaster, even Griffin), but some were AWFUL, like the Shadow Hawk. ;)

I actually really like the re-seen Shadow Hawk. But... yeah, the unseen versions are still cool to me, for nostalgia reasons.

#12 Black Sunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

I grew up with the originals. Each has a distinctive feel and look to them which the reseen don't.

#13 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

It really depends on the mech. Some I prefer the original, some the reseen.

Prefer original:
Rifleman
Marauder
Warhammer

Prefer reseen:
Locust (Or at least the original with sturdier legs...)
Griffin

Combination of both is best:
Stinger
Archer
Battlemaster (The shoulderpads on the reseen... ehhh...)

Overall, I think in most cases the reseen are close enough that, with a redesign by FD, they would be could be a fantastic blend of the best elements from both designs. The only one I truly, truly prefer the original on is the Marauder, the rest I think could work great with a blend of the original and redesign (as I'm sure is likely to happen anyways).

Also, what of all the other reseen designs out there...? The Ost-series, the four legged mechs, the clan mechs... Theres quite a few of them (unfortunately).

Edited by Tvae, 01 July 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#14 Bearcut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 261 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostBlack Sunder, on 01 July 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I grew up with the originals. Each has a distinctive feel and look to them which the reseen don't.

I think we all feel that Nostalgia. But I'd rather have my Marauder then not have it.
There has to be a compromise. Not everyone will always be happy.

#15 CT Tarantula NL

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSoest, The Netherlands

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Well i LOVE the unseen, espec since i have the modelkits of: Shadow hawk,Marauder,Battlemaster,Warhammer,Rifleman,Phoenix hawk and Archer;)

The reseen of the marauder is TERRIBLE , some reseen models are kinda ok but most are better left out if no unseen can be used!

Just my 2 cents

As a side note, Mektek DID hav many unseen in their pak for MW 4 Mercenaries, was it allowed coz of it was free that they had em?

cheers

Edited by CT Tarantula NL, 01 July 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#16 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostTvae, on 01 July 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Also, what of all the other reseen designs out there...? The Ost-series, the four legged mechs, the clan mechs... Theres quite a few of them (unfortunately).

Whoops. Forgot about them. Will fix this right now.

And i didn't add quads and clan mechs as they are yet not actual for the game.

#17 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I don't think legal trouble will be an issue after their interpretation into MWO, and I'm sure I'd be fine with Alex's renditions considering the work he's done so far. The Warhammer at least is very likely considering it was in the 3015 trailer.

#18 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

The New Marauder always struck my as hideously ugly.

Rifleman and Warhammer are ugly (not as bad as the marauder) in the "new" versions.

whoever drew these for the new Tech readout should be slapped and back to the drawing board.

especially fiddling with the characteristic arms of the marauder is a no no.

Edited by Fire for Effect, 01 July 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#19 Vieric

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

personally, i do like the original designs better, however I really, really want all this legal nonsense put behind us, therefore the reseens win the day in my book.

#20 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 01 July 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

The New Marauder always struck my as hideously ugly.

Rifleman and Warhammer are ugly (not as bad as the marauder) in the "new" versions.

whoever drew these for the new Tech readout should be slapped and back to the drawing board.

especially fiddling with the characteristic arms of the marauder is a no no.

Imo, theres nothing wrong with the reseen marauder besides the fact its a maurader. Its a great looking mech, but its no maurader, they should have just stuck a different name on it and made it something new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users