Looking For Group Challenge

198 replies to this topic

#81 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

I did note that if you have invited a few randoms, they can still accept and join group *after* you have clicked launch, which led to an awkward boot.

not an issue whatsoever for actual play, just for the competition/challenge (and only a minor one)

Edited by Asmosis, 10 April 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#82 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

It's smart to promote the use of the LFG tool right after it launches. Got a lot of people using it, and honestly, it was a good time. Had some fun games, both leading groups and joining up with other groups. A nice, sane formula for the score, too.

#83 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

I also like an event I can finish in an afternoon.

#84 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

This might be the best challenge that PGI has done yet.
Simple in concept, easy enough to beat, and the prizes are fitting.

I finished the entire challenge in a whopping 2-3 hours, got:
300 GXP
6x UAV, Cool Shot, Air Strike
1 Million C-bills
3 Days of Premium Time
500 MC

(On top of all the XP, GXP and C-bills I earned normally)

That's a good haul for so little time, AND I got to learn about how the LFG que works. However, I can't see the use in it. If you end up fighting with mixed groups of pugs, It seems to be almost identical to if I just hit the "play" button.

#85 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

Just finished the event after almost 5 straight hours of dropping. I have to say I had a lot of fun with it. I enjoy challenges that change the way people play the game. I also agree with Asmosis and others that I enjoy having a challenge that I can complete in one day, so I'm not forced to play the event all weekend in order to complete it, which just burns me out for the rest of the week.

This one was great, we had a lot of fun shouting over each other, trying to recruit people to the various sizes that we needed.

#86 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

also without the time pressure to win the event, am not burned out so can carry on with the group we formed helping everyone fill in the sizes they missed.

#87 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

I'm finding that any matches I do in CW are counted as 4-man drops instead of the number of the group (6+). I am assuming that this is a glitch/bug in the tally system which is a bit bothersome...

#88 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 10 April 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

I'm finding that any matches I do in CW are counted as 4-man drops instead of the number of the group (6+). I am assuming that this is a glitch/bug in the tally system which is a bit bothersome...

I'm finding that too, even 2 & 3-man CW drops count as 4. Doesn't matter how you group up. Normal 12v12 group matches work just fine though.

#89 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

When are the rewards transferred to an account? Haven't got any MC, even though I completed the challenges for 20, 40 and 60....

EDIT: over 8 hours ago

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 10 April 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#90 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

Poorly thought out challenge, seeing as most LFG groups are larger, making it much more difficult to combine for a full 12 to actually start a game, when compared to usual.

#91 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

Its a good system just needs some fine tuning, like being able to select a max size for your group you want to drop as so more people cant join after you have your required number.

Also invited people joining after the leader hits launch.

Other than that it works really well when people actually hit ready.

#92 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

You need to get exact group size (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 & a 12 man group) and once you found the number you need, click exit from LFG so no more people will join when you launch the game.

PS, took me 11 games to get the full rewards for 10 qualified matches, as accidentally did 3 man group, twice, then did some matches to help others. Was very quick and easy.

>> Make sure you EXIT from LFG queue to stop extra people joining.

Edited by Ace Selin, 10 April 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#93 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

It is not the problem of finding the correct amount of people for your group, it is the problem that there are too many mis-matched groups floating around for the MM to properly build a 12 man team. Normally, say a group of 2 or 4 people will sign up to group queue, and consistently drop as that 2 or 4 until more people in unit or friends list show up, so there are always lots of small filler groups floating around for the MM to form up 12 mans. With this challenge, there are so many 6+ groups floating around, that the queue times have gone up significantly. I do not remember the last time that on a Friday night, group queue taking like 10-15 mins to find a match.

#94 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:37 PM

I did not have a Problem finding a match with all group sizes, only one that really probably took a extra minute to launch was the 5 and 6 those took awhile because people kept going in or out and then launching the MM took a bit., but as for launching every number it went fine and launched at the same speed as when i am in PUG queue. less than a min.

#95 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

So I found another bug with it.

Used LFG got in a 12man dropped 1 ended with 0ping. I expected a qualifying 12man match but it is recorded at a 11man. Which is not even possible in the group queue.

#96 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:22 AM

The Good:
LFG works for the most part

The Bad:
LFG doesn't stop looking for people despite launching - it needs to be fixed ASAP (manual stopping of the LFG option is best workaround).
All CW matches count as 4-mans, regardless of actual group size.
There's a bit too many impatient players... occasionally unwilling to wait for team adjustment for the 3/3/3/3 rule (because the leader can't drop, so it's not the group creator's fault for that).

Also, barely anyone is using the LFG for CW purposes... which is a truly scary issue.

Edited by Deathlike, 11 April 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#97 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:17 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 11 April 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

Also, barely anyone is using the LFG for CW purposes... which is a truly scary issue.

I assume most ignore CW because the point/time ratio is quite bad compared to normal game modes.

Edited by o0Marduk0o, 11 April 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#98 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

That is most likely because CW is for the more competitive groups and organized teams. Often times, these guys already have a team put together and thus have absolutely no reason to use the LFG system. And why would they? They already have their group before the game even starts!

#99 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:43 AM

BUG!
I have a group of "11" shown as qualifying with61 match score. Problem is that it was a 12 man with an AFK crab... so I don't get my reward even though we went through a 6minute wait to get our 12...
BUG!
fyi-an "11" group doesn't exist...
BUG!
p.s. did I mention BUG!

#100 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

Also, barely anyone is using the CW... which is a truly scary issue.

Here is your answer IMO. CW is just plainly broken right now, personally I cannot force myself to play it. But enough with offtop, I guess for such challenges there must be a different win formula, since forcing players to click the stop button is clearly not the way to go. Otherwise really a long needed feature.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users