#62 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

View Postsabujo, on 23 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

2/ be a douche and disconnect from matches after second wave and cut the effort by half.

AFAIK you can only be in one CW game at a time even if all of your mechs have been destroyed. You have to wait for that match to end before you can start another one (unless this has been changed recently).

#63 Weezzer

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

For a normal Player 50 Event Points are very unrealistic, the matches are too time consuming. Last event i didn't join instant a match sometimes the Matchmaking needs up to 15 minutes to find enough Players. And there Matches where someone can't get the 80 Match Points.
It's sad but this event is only for "hardcore" Players playing one CW match after another...

Think of Players who do not own a lot of Mechs and must use the Trial Mechs.

#64 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRosevears, TAS.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Not sure if it has been bought up here yet, but what would happen if you played well and only used 2 or 3 of the four mechs and end up with a match score of 73 or 75 for example.

Last CW tournament this is what happened to me. I'm an average player, however was part of a good team. I did my bit and ended up short on points.

What about a bonus for not using a mech or two.

I may not drop as often as other people due to real life, and being short on match points may prove somewhat frustrating.

Just my ten cents worth...

I'll be in doing what I can.

Cheers

#65 Copper Blood

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

I agree. Sometimes you get matched against a well trained/lead team and or your team just completely drops the ball. In the last event I ended up playing 26 or so matchs just to get my 20.

#66 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

lolno...

Maybe, just maybe I'll make 5 games for the banner; I mean that alone will take at least 3 hours.

There will only be one planet to fight so every big group will play there so if you go to CW as a PUG this weekend, be prepared to get your rear handed to you. Try makin' 80 points when you get stomped. just sayin'...

And 40 points? no way. I'll give it one evening for the 5 points, after that I'll go play GTAV, I can complete all heists with pugs twice in that time I'd need for 40 points.

I'll take the locust, though. so thanks for the sale.

Edited by 627, 23 April 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#67 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostSmouch, on 23 April 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

What about a bonus for not using a mech or two.

Okay. See, this? This here? Not a good Idea. What you are advocating is rewarding people for not fighting. Think about it.

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone else is still complaining after Zfailboat's post. Kinda takes the cake in my book. But hey, since were still chatting, I feel the need to defend PGI.

View PostZfailboat, on 23 April 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

1. I cannot believe PGI is insensitive enough to ask people to play a game to get rewards on one of the most sensitive times in Australia's (And New Zealand's) history.
2. Even given this I cannot fathom that they would ask us to spend 20 + hours of playing to achieve this over effectively 1 day.
3. I finally am still annoyed that PGI cannot figure out to start these events 12 hours earlier, so Aussies can use their Friday night, and Americans still get their entire weekend - they just loose Monday night. (note Aussies and Americans would both get Friday night, Saturday and Sunday this way)

1: To be fair, Canadians. What do they know. Probably didn't even know enough to consider it.
2: Yeah, I don't aim for the top goals anyways myself. It's why I drop for all the factions in CW. I get my mechbays slowly.
3: Okay, yeah. You got me there. I feel I should not argue with common sense and good logic. You win.

#68 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

>Battle of Tukayyid Victory/Defeat Banners: awarded to players who were aligned with the winning or losing Factions

does it mean everybody get it without earning n points first?

#69 Phex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Great event, great prices, will certainly be a whole lot of fun.
I've even taken three days off.

But I can not participate because I am constantly kicked from the Game since the last patch.

I hope you enjoy! I wish you all a greate weekend and lots of fun. Bash the Clans for me! :D

#70 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:43 PM

Disappointingly low rewards.

40 CW matches is just too many.

20 I'd attempt. .

#71 3CLIPZ3

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

really look forward to this event, please please PLEASE consider extending it! Some have weekends to play, others have weekdays only to play.

#72 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:01 PM

Please consider either extending the event or setting the main goal (the mech) a bit lower (25?).
By requesting 40 points to get it you don't make it "hard to obtain". You flat out exclude a big part of the playerbase from this reward.
40 points is like 20 hours of pure playing time if you qualify every single match. Now i know getting 80 points is not hard for a decent player. But i see more than enough guys getting 200 damage between 4 mechs in CW.
20 hours is without waiting for a match, modifying your mechs or getting a group set up.

I beg you to consider your playerbase. For someone with a job and a family 20 hours of playing a game is an inrcedible amount of time.
Lets be honest: The rewards below the mech are nice, but not really worth the time invested. They are cool if you are playing CW anyway, but they won't get people to play 35 matches of CW for 3,5mio cbills, 3,5k xp and 450mc. I fear a lot of players will be like "Ok there is no way i can play enough to get the mech and the stuff below is not worth it, so i won't play the event at all".

#73 Mavqie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 23 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

The 50 Point tier should really be seen as an extended, edge-case reward. The ultimate goal for most players will be the 40 point tier for the Banshee/Warhawk selection.

50 points is a lot, and we're definitely mindful of that, but for every comment we tend to receive about the max tiers being too high we get another about the points not going high enough (here or through the support services). 45 and 50 were essentially added as stretch rewards to cover that.

could you prove that because that sounds made up to me.

#74 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

curious to see what kind of attendance numbers they pull down for this one.

#75 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 23 April 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

It's likely no-one will even get close to the 'Mech prize, let alone the top C-bills prize.

I think the rewards are placed a bit too high, and I'm a pretty big turbonerd. I mean, I have a job, but I could do the challenge if I wanted to. Who needs sleep, right?

But to think that nobody is gonna get that prize? Hell, man. You have got a thing or two to learn about nerds.

You see, some of them are financially-endowed so they don't HAVE to work. Some of them refuse to work, and some of them can't find work! Some of them play FROM work, even!

So plenty of people will get the prize.

Probably not me, though.

#76 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

there is no way I can spend anywhere near the 20+ hours I would need to earn the Mech this weekend, I could possibly do 10 hours, now if it was a week long event it would be possible for me to get the Mech.

please PGI be a bit more realistic with requirements in future, this level of time investment would need to be spread over a whole week.
if there is a Mech on offer put that at around 3 hours a day participation time, with other prizes like perhaps cbills, MC or GXP available for people who can spend 5+ and 10+ hours a day earning them.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 24 April 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#77 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRosevears, TAS.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

View PostLeone, on 23 April 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Okay. See, this? This here? Not a good Idea. What you are advocating is rewarding people for not fighting. Think about it.

With all due respect, that is not what I mean.

As I pointed out in my op is that I have been involved in a few CW tournament matches and racked up the points for being in the thick of the action, ie many Kill assists etc, and come away with 73 pts or thereabouts. During the game I used three of my four mechs. I'm merely suggesting a bonus of say five points per mech.

Yes something like that would leave me still shy of the required 80pt qual score. However, if I had a score of 78 and one unused mech then a bonus of five points would see me get a qual score.

It was merely a suggestion...

And I have to agree with Zfalboat, what is wrong with adjusting the start time so that the Aussies & Kiwis and any other nation well ahead of GMT/UTC can get a game in on our Friday night. The timing of the start of this tournament equates to 08:00 AEST and 1000 for the Kiwis.

Running the tournament for a week is a solid idea as well.

#78 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

PGI should concider a temporary LP boost to players of the Battle Of Tukayyid. - This is somewhat one of the most reputable Fights in the timeline. Every one who participate in honored his faction, and so the faction should honor him?

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 23 April 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Personal Challenge Rewards

• 3 Event Points: x4 C-Bill Consumable Pack
  • 5 Event Points: Battle of Tukayyid Participant Banner
  • 10 Event Points: 1,000 GXP
  • 15 Event Points: 150 MC
  • 20 Event Points: 1,500,000 C-Bills
  • 25 Event Points: 2,500 GXP
  • 30 Event Points: 300 MC
  • 35 Event Points: 3,000,000 C-Bills
  • 40 Event Points: Your Choice of a BNC-3M(C) or WHK-C 'Mech (Mech Bay included)
  • 45 Event Points: 5,000 GXP
  • 50 Event Points: 5,000,000 C-Bills
Important Personal Challenge Reward Information
  • Get a Match Score of at least 80 in any Battle of Tukayyid match this weekend in order to earn 1 Event Point.
  • Collect Event Points to earn Rewards.
  • You can track your progress in the Personal Challenge here
What a pitty - i hoped for a trick or treat/christmas like event without boundary.

btw i would suggest this reward order:

Personal Challenge Rewards

• 3 Event Points: 3 Days Premium Time
  • 5 Event Points: x4 C-Bill Consumable Pack
  • 10 Event Points: Battle of Tukayyid Participant Banner
  • 15 Event Points: 100 MC and 1,000 GXP
  • 20 Event Points: 1,000,000 C-Bills
  • 25 Event Points: 200 MC and 2,000 GXP
  • 30 Event Points: 3,000,000 C-Bills
  • 35 Event Points: 300 MC and 3,000 GXP
  • 40 Event Points: Your Choice of a BNC-3M(C) or WHK-C 'Mech (Mech Bay included)
  • 45 Event Points: 400 MC and 4,000 GXP
  • 50 Event Points: 5,000,000 C-Bills
if you unpleased with the MC earning you can cut it half - than it only would be 50 over your current giveaway

Edited by Kuritaclan, 24 April 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#79 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 23 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

The 50 Point tier should really be seen as an extended, edge-case reward. The ultimate goal for most players will be the 40 point tier for the Banshee/Warhawk selection.

50 points is a lot, and we're definitely mindful of that, but for every comment we tend to receive about the max tiers being too high we get another about the points not going high enough (here or through the support services). 45 and 50 were essentially added as stretch rewards to cover that.

You should not have... It's not a good solution to listen to guy asking for something requiring more than 24H of playtime... Theses guys usually spend there lives in a game and shouldn't be really encouraged to keep doing so...

#80 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

Are you kidding me? No one has the time to try to get to 40 points in a 3 day period to earn a mech. If this is such an "important" event, it should be run for a week minimally. After all, the real battle for Tukayyid took 12 days to complete. That would make more sense and be realistic to earn 50 points. Some of us only play for a few hours a day because we have an actual LIFE that doesn't revolve around MWO. Please be more considerate to the "average" gamer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users