How The Refund Is Working If I Stop The Game?

91 replies to this topic

#81 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostShredhead, on 11 May 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

That really sounds like overheating components, or you accidentally changed some settings and the game is not running on your GPU, but on your onboard graphics. Check these possibilities.

The Repair Tool often makes silly changes for me(or it used to) like using my onboard graphics instead of my GPU and such.

I would use a fine tooth comb and go over your rig, you should not be having these problems with that rig. Latency issues may arise from being across the world but that should be a all the time thing. Maybe hit some lag and warping once and a while but not a Constant thing. Call your ISP, check you speed, make sure router, computer and GPU drivers are all up to date and make sure Repair Tool didnt erase all your settings.

A nice User.cfg im sure will help as well...

#82 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostAleski, on 12 May 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Ok thank you very much. Can you explain some points that i don't understand (sorry, i'ml french!!) :

I don't understand the term "HSF" and "TIM" (sorry!)

Hey There,

HSF stands for your heatsink, and TIM is Thermal Interface Material (the stuff that goes between the Heatsink and CPU to make the contact better/ more efficent).

If by some chance its a thermal event thats doing this cleaning off the old TIM and reapplying will also allow you to reseat your heatsink as well in case for some odd reason its contact isn't as good.

Odd that this would happen but not entirely unheard of. TIM can degrade from constant heat cycling (well the cheaper stuff can).

-ST

View PostSarlic, on 12 May 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Does not matter. You need to rule out of the sensor is broken or not.

Even when it idles confirms that the sensor is working and not faulty when he reads the same sensor with a external program.

Thus checking BIOS before you going to work on your cooler.

If CoreTemp Reads some oddities you'll see it since it polls the same info the BIOS receives.
Unless in BIOS it shows 100 degrees at idle (which is doubful since he is getting a range of temps) then its hard to see if the sensor is truly at fault.

At the point where he is, I am corolating the two data sets to figure out what the issue is, so personally speaking I'd rather like to see a TIM reapplication at this point.

-ST

#83 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

To see whether the CPU is throttling due to heat, when you run cpu burn-in and monitor your cpu with cpu-id or something, watch whether the clock frequencies change. If they do and the problem persists after reapplication of thermal paste and reinstallation of heatsink, the CPU is probably damaged and should be replaced.

#84 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

Ok,

I'm going to buy thermal paste after work and i will check and replace the TIM on the CPU. If after that the problem persist, i will update the BIOS.

If after that there is always trouble, well. I will buy a new CPU and maybe a new heatsink : this PC is getting old.

I would like to thank you all an other time, this thread is really helpfull ;)

If my CPU isn't working well, it's useless to find a solution only for MWO. I have to check first all the hardware part (CPU and TIM). After that i will test the solutions you have tell me for the perfomances of MWO.

I have a four day weekend starting this evening... that's going to be fun, ha ha!

Edited by Aleski, 12 May 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#85 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostAleski, on 12 May 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

Ok,

I'm going to buy thermal paste after work and i will check and replace the TIM on the CPU. If after that the problem persist, i will update the BIOS.

If after that there is always trouble, well. I will buy a new CPU and maybe a new heatsink : this PC is getting old.

I would like to thank you all an other time, this thread is really helpfull ;)

If my CPU isn't working well, it's useless to find a solution only for MWO. I have to check first all the hardware part (CPU and TIM). After that i will test the solutions you have tell me for the perfomances of MWO.

I have a four day weekend starting this evening... that's going to be fun, ha ha!

Best way to clean off the old TIM is with Rubbing Alcohol (70-90% depending on whats available) from a sealed container. Use a cloth that doesn't leave any bits behind (like the cloths used to clean sunglasses).

Hopefully some new TIM and a remount of your Heatsink will be all that is required. I'd also run CoreTemp versus the program your using (personal preferance).

Good luck,

-ST

#86 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

Also, are you having the same problems in other games?

#87 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostMizeur, on 13 May 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Also, are you having the same problems in other games?

He stated no, but he might not be taxing his system enough to trip the thermal limit in other games.
Since the optimization on MWO leaves something to be desired its probably why only in actual games (and not training grounds) he is having issues.

Again, this is troubleshooting from a continent away so , here is to hoping its a thermal issue in his case.

-ST

#88 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:18 AM

And it's working!!!!!!!!!

The problem was the CPU since the beginning : when i have pull out the ventirad, the TIM on the CPU was completely dry. That's why the ventirad was cold and the CPU was still hot.

I have clean the ventirad and CPU with alcohol and put a new paste. Now i have normal temperature (the maximum is 70° or something like this, i'm at 30-40° when no game is launching). I have the old ventirad of the CPU package, not a good ventirad like Noctua. When i will upgrade my PC i think i will take a better ventirad.

I have lauch MWO in 64bit client, DX11, settings on medium (low for environnment), post AA ON and i experience 40-60 fps anytime, even in a brawl.

I have to tune a little the settings, in order to have a good mix betweend performances and good graphics. But it's working.

This is great! I'm an idiot, i should have check the CPU a long time ago!

Thank you all for the help, and see you on the battlefield, mechwarriors ;)

Aleski

#89 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostAleski, on 15 May 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

The problem was the CPU since the beginning : when i have pull out the ventirad, the TIM on the CPU was completely dry. That's why the ventirad was cold and the CPU was still hot.

I have clean the ventirad and CPU with alcohol and put a new paste. Now i have normal temperature (the maximum is 70° or something like this, i'm at 30-40° when no game is launching). I have the old ventirad of the CPU package, not a good ventirad like Noctua. When i will upgrade my PC i think i will take a better ventirad.

I have lauch MWO in 64bit client, DX11, settings on medium (low for environnment), post AA ON and i experience 40-60 fps anytime, even in a brawl.

I have to tune a little the settings, in order to have a good mix betweend performances and good graphics. But it's working.

This is great! I'm an idiot, i should have check the CPU a long time ago!

Aleski

You're not an Idiot, we all miss these things. look at my Initial posts. I was even sending you in the wrong direction originally.

But its good to know that you are now able to play again without issue. See you on the battlefield,

-ST

#90 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostAleski, on 15 May 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

The problem was the CPU since the beginning : when i have pull out the ventirad, the TIM on the CPU was completely dry. That's why the ventirad was cold and the CPU was still hot..........................

Aleski

This is great news! Congrats! Feels good to fix something yourself doesn't it? Especially when it's a cheap fix!

Jody

#91 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 15 May 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

You're not an Idiot, we all miss these things. look at my Initial posts. I was even sending you in the wrong direction originally.

But its good to know that you are now able to play again without issue. See you on the battlefield,

-ST

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 15 May 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

This is great news! Congrats! Feels good to fix something yourself doesn't it? Especially when it's a cheap fix!

Jody

Yeah thank you!

I'm happy that the CPU has not burning before i put the new TIM ha ha ha =)

#92 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Congratulations Aleski! I'm glad it worked out and that there is o serious hardware failure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users