1522 replies to this topic

#1301 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:56 AM

View PostVirtuebane, on 03 December 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

FP is just QP with 4 mechs and more organized teams...

When i started MWO 3 years ago FP was fun. Rushing the enemy with 12 Gargoyles or 12 Ice Ferrets. Surprise freeborn scum! Posted Image

#1302 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:44 AM

You wont stand a second against my quad roughneck drop deck :D

#1303 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:25 AM

Clan mechs *rme*

#1304 MRGROWLYBEAR

Rookie

• The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:26 AM

I would like to see a free for all mode for either solaris or quickplay a 12 man or 24 man free for all would be amazing like was in mechwarrior 4 mercs. A group counter for how many available groups are in the regular group play would be nice also so we can see if there is any people waiting to play kind of like you have on faction warfare otherwise you guys are doing a fine job so far.

#1305 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:13 PM

INFERNO LRM 20....Basically a regular lrm but with much less damage output, but causes heat to enemy mech.

#1306 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:17 AM

Did not read all answers in here, so if this answer is not different to an other be patience with me.
In the private Lobby I miss the Siege gamemode(not with 4 Mechs just with one), i whant to Train the 1RBR in Factionplay, and i whant to show our new Players theese Maps. Getting them to factionplay as a Team does not give me the chance, to vote for a map to show them, even it is not alltimes Siege. Is it possible to get this gamemode to the privat Lobby?(Hope of Turrets that hit and take down the O-Gens, and Opening the door(see so many stupids who try to open doors by hitting the door not the Generator)

Edited by Rizzi Kell, 27 January 2020 - 01:18 AM.

#1307 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:08 AM

do not allow trailmechs in Faction wars.....

#1308 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:22 AM

Join on friends!!! This doesn't mean grouping with friends, but allowing friends to play with, and yes against one another!!! And cross team voice chat in the beginning, before the round starts... its something that every other first person multiplayer game has, and would probably attract more people to mwo...

"It's not the games you played Jim, it''s who you played them with that made them fun!"

#1309 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:36 AM

Please merge your group quick play with your solo quick plays. Pugs already get steam rolled as it is, so there is no real balance in keeping them separate. I have been in matches were no one on my team dies and vice versa. It happens organically in solo quick play as it is. I ask for this because a friend and I were trying to get into group quick play and we literally never got into a match. We tried on different days too and and still could never join a match together. He now has no interest in playing the game because of this. I join him in World of Tanks and we get matches straight away. Please merge them. Everyone will be happier.

Edited by Zirconium Kaze, 01 April 2020 - 10:38 AM.

#1310 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:46 AM

View PostZirconium Kaze, on 01 April 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

Please merge your group quick play with your solo quick plays. Pugs already get steam rolled as it is, so there is no real balance in keeping them separate. I have been in matches were no one on my team dies and vice versa. It happens organically in solo quick play as it is. I ask for this because a friend and I were trying to get into group quick play and we literally never got into a match. We tried on different days too and and still could never join a match together. He now has no interest in playing the game because of this. I join him in World of Tanks and we get matches straight away. Please merge them. Everyone will be happier.

They have nothing to lose at this point.. would be nice to be able to drop with a friend for a change.. at the very least they can merge 3man groups into solo queue..

#1311 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:19 AM

I´m shocked to see people still believe PGI is working on MWO.

#1312 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:24 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 02 April 2020 - 01:19 AM, said:

I´m shocked to see people still believe PGI is working on MWO.

I'm shocked too but I see minor things that have changed here and there.. for example after coming back from a break I noticed you now can't see how many mechs a pilot is down in faction play.. that's a good change because the enemy won't focus him down harder to make him perma-dead.. also in quickplay you can now see damage received.. even after all this time, this game still has so much potential.. you don't need top of the line graphics.. just game modes and maps.. been saying this for 7 years now..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 October 2020 - 03:14 PM.

#1313 Rev-e-nant

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:47 AM

1) RNG for faction play should be tweaked so that the clans are the ones invading more frequently. It should be closer to 3:1 invasion to defense.

2) 4v4 group player vs. enemy. That would be helpful for newer players and to become familiar with a particular chassis as well as the maps.

#1314 SERHAT CAN

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:59 AM

Hi, I have been playing this game since 2013, and I have some awesome ideas...

- more than 2 legs mechs, ex: 4 leg mechs, etc. and the movement mechanic is the same as 2 leg mechs but you can also go sideways but it's not as fast as going forward and forwards/backwars speed are the same (or forwards speed is faster)

- instead of legs, howering mechs ( they can't fly, they just hower on the ground) and since they don't have legs, you dont need to worry about leg twist because your hower are attached to your mech's torso so the movement mechanic is just like in a game where you're a human and no matter where you turn if you press to go left, you left and when you drop from high ground, you dont take fall damage but instead you fall slowly thanks to the howers that you have and you can also go uphill faster (or not because that maybe would be op) and the downside of howers is that when you move, they generate a litte more heat than legs.

-instead of legs, these mechs have caterpillar tracks, just like tanks and their movement mechanic is the same as tanks, these have more armor than any normal mechs legs but the downside is that their turning speed is slow.

- new missile weapon: it's just like mrm's but they have to lock to the target and when fired, 2/5/7 missiles are launched to the sky and the missiles travel soo spreaded to the target but at the end every one of them hit and their travel lines depend on where you point at ( just like old lrm's where you could launc them by locking to the target with arms and torso twisted to somewhere else so the lrm's won't hit the wall).

For PGI --> If there's something you don't understand, I'll explain it.

#1315 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:24 AM

View PostSERHAT CAN, on 30 April 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

- more than 2 legs mechs, ex: 4 leg mechs, etc. and the movement mechanic is the same as 2 leg mechs but you can also go sideways but it's not as fast as going forward and forwards/backwars speed are the same (or forwards speed is faster)

- instead of legs, howering mechs ( they can't fly, they just hower on the ground) and since they don't have legs, you dont need to worry about leg twist because your hower are attached to your mech's torso so the movement mechanic is just like in a game where you're a human and no matter where you turn if you press to go left, you left and when you drop from high ground, you dont take fall damage but instead you fall slowly thanks to the howers that you have and you can also go uphill faster (or not because that maybe would be op) and the downside of howers is that when you move, they generate a litte more heat than legs.

-instead of legs, these mechs have caterpillar tracks, just like tanks and their movement mechanic is the same as tanks, these have more armor than any normal mechs legs but the downside is that their turning speed is slow.

Any of these would cause major issues to armor distribution and hitboxes. A more than 2 legged mech would still die at the loss of 2 legs and the armor for 2 legged mechs would be cut in half to account for the multi legs. Hover or tracks would cause the opposite issue and would have to be negated by zero hill climb and no jump jet capability. WAY too much programming and design involved to be taken seriously. (Granted having agromechs in would be highly amusing.)

#1316 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:31 AM

I would like to see a damage output screen added to testing grounds. You know, to actually test mechs, find out actual numbers for damage outside of optimal range. There is no reason this isn't there yet. Also, the mechs in testing grounds should be varied to include all chassis and be random on the spawn. No reason all mech chassis shouldn't be able to be tested on to find the hitboxes.

Doing either or both of these things should take little to no effort or work, the only reason I can see why this isn't already in place is that you want to hide the poor hitbox registration. If you want to deny that, then implement these two easy fixes.

Edited by Ghoja, 28 July 2020 - 09:34 AM.

#1317 Tain Ablar

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 07:06 PM

I love MWO! Here is what I want from PGI:
  • Get more people in the game! Do whatever it takes.

This IP is 40 years old, and needs fresh blood. Figure out what young players want and make sure they get it. I've been watching the Jarl's list stats, hoping to see an uptick, but it seems like the game is in steady decline. I love this game so much! and I would be really sad if it died out. Realize that long-time BattleTech fans are not your target audience anymore.

The game needs a splash art refresh, a menu UI refresh, and a graphics refresh. Look at games like League of Legends, Overwatch, Fortnite - their art styles, their splash screens, the big Twitch streamers and blockbuster in-game events they have. Those games are designed with beautiful art at the forefront, and they get you fired up the minute you log in. They make you want to play because all of your friends are playing. They have different characters that appeal to players with different personalities and backgrounds.

Do some proper market research and get MWO some new hotness.
  • As a veteran player, I'm not willing to spend on the game right now.

There are two reasons for this:

- Uncertainty.

With the player population in decline, I don't know if the game is going to be around for another 5 or 10 years. The license renewal gives me hope, but it seems like you don't have a plan. Give me some real confidence that you won't be forced to shut the servers down in the next 2-3 years.

- In-game content costs WAY, WAY too much.

I just looked up how much it would be to buy a Quickdraw IV4, which is a very popular, good 'mech I don't have. It was almost $30. I feel like I could probably get like 5 new characters in League of Legends for that amount, and the IV4 isn't even a newer 'mech.

I could easily see myself dropping $5 for a la carte mechs, and maybe building up a new drop deck for $20.

$30 for a 'mech or $20 for like five of the same 'mech is out of the question.

In League of Legends, it might costs that much to get the latest, greatest new character, but the character costs always go down over time at a fairly consistent rate, so you can get them if you wait. Maybe you could do something like that for MWO if you are planning to introduce new 'mechs regularly again.

If you do opt to reduce the prices, maybe offer some special in-game bonuses to players who already put up the cash in the old price system.

Edited by Tain Ablar, 07 October 2020 - 07:10 PM.

#1318 PlagueBastard

Rookie

• CS 2020 Participant
  • CS 2020 Participant
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 02:58 PM

So, i've been playing off and on for about 6 years now, its a fantastic game for what it is, how old it is, and how free it is, and I love that the focus recently has been on community building and potentially new features, and well, No other game out there scratches the Mech itch quite like MWO, so here I am in the forums.

First off, Tanks and other NPC controlled units, Infantry is probably off the table, but having bots on certain game modes or maps that either function as an independent force to both sides or, dare I say it, like a "Creep Wave" in a MOBA. Possibly even as an addition to existing game modes like Incursion, which doesn't get the love it deserves imo, could be revamped with a more "living war" feeling.
Bases being fleshed out with possibly a "factory" building that produces them based on the amount of resources collected, or even a "Garrison" force that will guard the base unless a Company Commander is steps up, who will be able to command them, maybe?
Either way, if bots are added in any capacity to the PvP experience, giving the Company Commander the ability to command them is an excellent way to encourage people to play that role, add to its toolbox greatly, and, mitigate at least some of the "bots are dumb" problems that are sure to happen through player focused means.

If not in a PvP experience, having an optional 4player, 8player, and/or 12player PvE wave survival mode, or "missions" using the existing maps, but gussied up with Fortifications, Primary and Secondary Objectives, bots, possibly a leaderboard with high scores and best times etc, etc...

Stop me if i'm asking for the moon here, but, possibly an opposing player slot that plays as a "commander" role, playing the game as an RTS almost, against the player Lance(s), but with full top down control of the Bots, turrets, some call ins, full radar that must be interrupted by the players... (and their own Mech?).

I don't know what is and isn't possible, but, well, Daeron said get over here and talk about it, so here I am. NGNG. lol

I love this game and I want to see where it will be, and what it can become in another 10 years.

#1319 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 October 2020 - 03:17 PM

View PostPlagueBastard, on 12 October 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

So, i've been playing off and on for about 6 years now, its a fantastic game for what it is, how old it is, and how free it is, and I love that the focus recently has been on community building and potentially new features, and well, No other game out there scratches the Mech itch quite like MWO, so here I am in the forums.

First off, Tanks and other NPC controlled units, Infantry is probably off the table, but having bots on certain game modes or maps that either function as an independent force to both sides or, dare I say it, like a "Creep Wave" in a MOBA. Possibly even as an addition to existing game modes like Incursion, which doesn't get the love it deserves imo, could be revamped with a more "living war" feeling.
Bases being fleshed out with possibly a "factory" building that produces them based on the amount of resources collected, or even a "Garrison" force that will guard the base unless a Company Commander is steps up, who will be able to command them, maybe?
Either way, if bots are added in any capacity to the PvP experience, giving the Company Commander the ability to command them is an excellent way to encourage people to play that role, add to its toolbox greatly, and, mitigate at least some of the "bots are dumb" problems that are sure to happen through player focused means.

If not in a PvP experience, having an optional 4player, 8player, and/or 12player PvE wave survival mode, or "missions" using the existing maps, but gussied up with Fortifications, Primary and Secondary Objectives, bots, possibly a leaderboard with high scores and best times etc, etc...

Stop me if i'm asking for the moon here, but, possibly an opposing player slot that plays as a "commander" role, playing the game as an RTS almost, against the player Lance(s), but with full top down control of the Bots, turrets, some call ins, full radar that must be interrupted by the players... (and their own Mech?).

I don't know what is and isn't possible, but, well, Daeron said get over here and talk about it, so here I am. NGNG. lol

I love this game and I want to see where it will be, and what it can become in another 10 years.

You should move your great input to the more current forum where Bombadil is taking input from the playerbase here: https://mwomercs.com...20#entry6353142

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 October 2020 - 03:18 PM.

#1320 pekez

• PipPip
  • Guillotine
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:49 AM

I just wanted to make a few quality of life UI suggestions. They all relate to match info screens.

1: on match end indicate my pilot row on a lightly different colour background.

2: on match end screen indicate the MVP (highest match score) with a little star, overall gold, losing team silver or something. Also MVP and team MVP could be used for events etc.

3: show team combined tonnage pre-match and tonnage difference after match.

You could expand '2' with a little skull for most kills / damage or whatever.

You could make the match end score board sortable by category.

These would not affect balance but would be 'neat'.

7o fly safe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users