Most Wanted Features!

1533 replies to this topic

#1481 jellicoDace

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2023 - 11:51 AM

just remove missiles, if we're going to make them a "either stupid or hard countered" just remove it. accept mechwarrior online's place on solaris as a team brawling game

Edited by jellicoDace, 03 November 2023 - 05:49 PM.

#1482 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 11:55 PM

can we get an update that adds the ability to scale the UI. 4k has gotten to be fairly accessible (i've had a 4k tv as my monitor now for 6 years) these days. and there are many video cards on the market now that easily run this game at 4k. however actually runing in 4k makes doing emchlab stuff a ehad ache as the UI shrinks down so tiny it's an eye strain to read the mech lab , and that's on a 49" TV with me sitting 3 -4 ft away.i can't imagine the eye strain it is on some one with a 4k desktop monitor. So yeah updating the UI to accommodate higher resolutions would be awesome. for now i jut leave the game at 1440p saddly sicne it's too much bother to switch resolutions all the time. i'd prefer just the ability to scale the mechlab /homescreen UI ourselves , but if that's not feasible maby you guys can scale it up for those higher resolutions in a future update.

#1483 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 03:45 AM

Saw a good suggestion of reducing heat dissipation of Double Heat Sinks, and want to second that. The Standard Heat Sinks and basically useless now, if you have about 300K C-Bills you can make your mech 1.5 times more heat-efficient just by swapping SHS to DHS AND it will free a big chunk of additional tonnage to feel with weapons, which untimately leads to a heavily overgunned mechs that have firepower that exceeds any rational levels of firepower that their weight class should have.

So my suggestion is 3 variants:

1. Reduce heat dissipation of DHS. I can't say what the new number should be, but i think the reduction should be strong enough so SHS can become viable alternative to DHS again, which will fix the problem of heavily overgunned mechs that only got their exceeding firepower because 10 DHS is enough to keep them cold, instead of having 20 or so SHS.

2. Buff the heat capacity of SHS, to the point where having enough SHS will make you able to fire your weapons continuosely for a large amount of time and only then take one big break to cool down, as opposed of constant fire/cooldown circle that DHS force you in. This won't make the mechs less overgunned, but at least this will make SHS more appropriate for mechs that tend to engage in this kind of "long duels to the death" fights, where 2 larger mechs (starting from mediums) are circling each other, trading shots and ripping each other apart. With current heat sink balance these duels tend to end as soon as one of the duelants overheats, and the other one just stands still and either shoots the other guy with no retaliation or just watch as he explodes from overriding shutdown. My proposed new SHS balance should make these duels end in this anticlimactic way much less, as mechs with SHS installed should be alble to tank enough heat to contuine fighting to the death of one of duelants.

What i intend this change to bring is to divide SHS and DHS area of competence, so SHS will be more suitable for long trading of damage or more intense and contiunous duels, and DHS, with their worse capacity, will be more appropriate for Hit-and-Run tactics, suitable for light mechs or other scout/harasser units.

3. Decreas DHS heat capacity (possibly also increas DHS heat dissipation in exchange), to the point where having enough DHS to constantly fire your weapons is nearly impossible, or at least is not a viable option most of the time. Basically it's the same change as the №2, but instead of buffing overall heat-efficiency of mechs this will decrease it, forcing mech designs to be less overgunned.

What would also help a lot is if the game provided an actually rewarding way of using some misc or sensor items, so basically if you could be able to fill up some space and tonnage in mech with heavy but USEFUL targeting computers, USEFUL active probe, MORE useful Jump Jets (like Improved JJs from TT) - this would lead to players putting less overwhelming firepower in their mechs in exchange for more utility and Info Warfare items, which would make changing all mechs to DHS less of a necessity.

Edited by JumpingHunter, 01 November 2023 - 03:48 AM.

#1484 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,059 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 01 November 2023 - 03:51 AM

rear view camera, please? there are soo many useless display panels in a mech one could be used for a rear view

Edited by KursedVixen, 01 November 2023 - 04:45 AM.

#1485 A Child of Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 11:28 PM

How do we not have a variety of trashcan lid bolt-ons for Urbanmechs? But now we also need them for the IICs! We need AT LEAST two: one that is like a cap atop the Head, and one that stands vertically behind the Head.

#1486 The Yodax

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 10:00 PM

I am in my 10th year with this game. I really enjoy it.
One feature that I wish could be implemented would be the ability to be in a SOLO only queue. It really is frustrating when you are forced to play a Comp 4 Man over and over again. I just seems like we are being placed for their "live fire" practice.
12-2 /12-1 games.again and again
A SOLO only option button would be great. I don't mind waiting a few minute longer to get a match,Knowing it will be a random group of players all on the same level.
This may also stimulate faction play again.

Edited by The Yodax, 12 November 2023 - 10:01 PM.

#1487 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 10:43 PM

View PostA Child of Kerensky, on 08 November 2023 - 11:28 PM, said:

How do we not have a variety of trashcan lid bolt-ons for Urbanmechs? But now we also need them for the IICs! We need AT LEAST two: one that is like a cap atop the Head, and one that stands vertically behind the Head.
and the top hat we see on the bobble head

REAR VIEW CAMERAS!!

#1488 GBRabiddog

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 11:00 PM

Small Question: When are you folks gonna introduce the crossbow to MWO?

#1489 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 17 November 2023 - 12:13 AM

View PostGBRabiddog, on 16 November 2023 - 11:00 PM, said:

When the cauldron decides to....

#1490 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 November 2023 - 05:02 AM

View PostThe Yodax, on 12 November 2023 - 10:00 PM, said:

I am in my 10th year with this game. I really enjoy it.
One feature that I wish could be implemented would be the ability to be in a SOLO only queue. It really is frustrating when you are forced to play a Comp 4 Man over and over again. I just seems like we are being placed for their "live fire" practice.
12-2 /12-1 games.again and again
A SOLO only option button would be great. I don't mind waiting a few minute longer to get a match,Knowing it will be a random group of players all on the same level.
This may also stimulate faction play again.

I second this. Group queues do tend to horribly break balance of matches, either because of superior coordination, FP veteran or comp player skill levels or because of stacking similar meta builds. Having solo-only queue would be good, even if it will be less popular than default quick play.

#1491 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 17 November 2023 - 10:40 PM

View PostGBRabiddog, on 16 November 2023 - 11:00 PM, said:

When cauldron convinces PGI to allow it to smack with full damage at 2000m..

#1492 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 22 November 2023 - 03:20 PM

Can someone please address the muzzle-flash of Clan-MGs being in the middle of the face for the Warthog? I literally cannot see my targets if I fire my torso-mounted MGs. Was not an issue for LMGs!

#1493 Wonderdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 06:42 PM

UI scaling would be much apprecaited - running the mechlab/store in 4k is eye hurtingly bad at present.

I can't see us getting a rear view camera though folks - iirc multiple viewports are a limitation of the ancient cryengine rendering engine MWO users (see the old technical chats about why advanced zoom looks like pixelated crap for more details).

Some other random drop and domination circle locations in existing maps would be much appreciated for variety as well.

#1494 Mecha Wolf 784A

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 10:13 PM

Hey, love the game, love the Flea. However. I strongly feel that the flea needs to either, A, have its tonnage increased to at least 25 tonnes max. B, have the double heat syncs weigh .5 tonnes instead of 1 tonne, or C, give the mech access to the c-laser variant. It's a cool mech but you can't even make a glass cannon out of it. You would be moving at 80kmh have no armour and still do no damage. Even as a scout mech it's almost pointless as you would have no offensive ability and spot 2 or 3 mecha by the time the game ends without doing much else aside from getting less than 100 damage. Especially when mecha in the same category like the Wolfhound get a 35 tonne max. I really like the mech but I see why no one really uses it. It's just crippled in every way even in its own class except for scouting. But again your giving up your own points to mark the one mech that hasn't already been targeted at the back of the map at the end of the game. Used the Arctic Cheetah with 2 C- heavy lasers and 6 C- light laser and as long as my heat was under 20% I could take out a heavy mechs leg armour with one salvo from everything before finding cover to cool down. The flea is super cool but needs to be re-evaluated. Thanks. Hope other people agree and it gets a buff. Love it bus so, so disappointed.

#1495 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:20 AM

When can we expect the issue of MM not playing nice to be fixed? I have been totally unable to play this morning.

#1496 BRAVURA FANTASTIC

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 04:50 PM

1. Waiting to fully load the mechlab after every quickplay match is ridiculous. Mechlab should somehow remain loaded in the background and very quick to return to.

2. Waiting for all players to connect is unnecessary in quickplay matches. Sometimes the additional wait may reach 60 seconds for just one or two players. They could arrive in a dropship a few seconds later without any competitive issues.

3. The map and game mode voting system is cool BUT it takes too long and delays quickplay matches. Loading times are way too long and, after playing for over 4 years, I feel everything must be optimized towards reducing load times in order to make the game more enjoyable. The voting system should change to a customizable preference list of maps and game modes, ranging from the ones most desired to the ones least desired. That setting would be remembered until the user changed it, thus eliminating the map voting screen and the additional time allocated to that.

4. In order to speed up quickplay matching, users could also select more than one mech they are interested in playing with, possibly in different weight categories, and the matchmaking system could designate the selected mech that is easier to insert into a match with other searching players.

5. Rear view is innegotiable, simple, a must-have.

6. Damage sheet should reflect real mech chassis and shape and not the current generic damage sheet. Both for enemies and for the user's own mech.

Edited by BRAVURA FANTASTIC, 03 December 2023 - 05:06 PM.

#1497 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 02:37 AM

View PostBRAVURA FANTASTIC, on 03 December 2023 - 04:50 PM, said:

1. Waiting to fully load the mechlab after every quickplay match is ridiculous. Mechlab should somehow remain loaded in the background and very quick to return to.

2. Waiting for all players to connect is unnecessary in quickplay matches. Sometimes the additional wait may reach 60 seconds for just one or two players. They could arrive in a dropship a few seconds later without any competitive issues.

3. The map and game mode voting system is cool BUT it takes too long and delays quickplay matches. Loading times are way too long and, after playing for over 4 years, I feel everything must be optimized towards reducing load times in order to make the game more enjoyable. The voting system should change to a customizable preference list of maps and game modes, ranging from the ones most desired to the ones least desired. That setting would be remembered until the user changed it, thus eliminating the map voting screen and the additional time allocated to that.

4. In order to speed up quickplay matching, users could also select more than one mech they are interested in playing with, possibly in different weight categories, and the matchmaking system could designate the selected mech that is easier to insert into a match with other searching players.

5. Rear view is innegotiable, simple, a must-have.

6. Damage sheet should reflect real mech chassis and shape and not the current generic damage sheet. Both for enemies and for the user's own mech.

1. This is, unfortunately, a CryEngine, and a pretty old one, plus the MechLab is it's own map, so you are suggesting to keep another map loaded while you are in the match. Some players have MWO lagging in mechlab on it's own, imagine what would happen if 2 maps would be loaded at the same time...

2. Waiting for all players to connect is very necessary. The way how current MWO plays out is that if you have at least one man down, this can snowball into more and more people being gunned down by more and more numerous enemy forces. If it's 11 vs 12, thats not as bad, sometimes, but if it's 2 or more - that's like an 80% chance to lose this time. And you suggest to start off without what, a lance? Half of team? I had matches where 3 or 4 players connected literally after last seconds of countdown ticked away. This would make already badly matched teams even more randomly uneven. This wouldn't have been an issue if we had an AI to take over disconnects or AFK mechs, but i doubld PGI will spend resources on AI for discos, so waiting is the most we can have right now.

3. With this one i agree, voting system seems to be both very scuffed and also biased towards some trolls who premake full sniper lances and pick Alpine Peaks or Polar Highlands and just sit around sneezing at people from 2000 meters away. Having a list of allowed maps for each player would be a good solution, kind of how that is made in TF2, and a marker of how much people have this map enabled in list should work exactly how marker for server regioun population works.

4. With that i also agree, selecting a few mechs and then picking one that fits the map the most will make matches feel much less luck-based. Because come on, it can't be not rigged if whenever i pick my LBX ON1-M or HBK-4G i get to the sniper-friendly giant fields with no covers. THat's bs, and should be addressed.

5. Rear view would be a really good feature. Not sure if this is easily makable in cryengine, though, without making everything lose 30 FPS. But that would be neat.

6. That would be cool to have, not gonna lie, and it will make reading damage much easier...

#1498 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,859 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 December 2023 - 08:49 AM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 07 December 2023 - 02:37 AM, said:

2. Waiting for all players to connect is very necessary. The way how current MWO plays out is that if you have at least one man down, this can snowball into more and more people being gunned down by more and more numerous enemy forces. If it's 11 vs 12, thats not as bad, sometimes, but if it's 2 or more - that's like an 80% chance to lose this time. And you suggest to start off without what, a lance? Half of team? I had matches where 3 or 4 players connected literally after last seconds of countdown ticked away. This would make already badly matched teams even more randomly uneven. This wouldn't have been an issue if we had an AI to take over disconnects or AFK mechs, but i doubld PGI will spend resources on AI for discos, so waiting is the most we can have right now.

You know how at the end of a Faction Play match when you're dropping in your last mech by yourself and the enemy is spawn camping your drop zone and shoots you to pieces before you can take five steps? Yeah, tell me that wouldn't happen in quick play if you implemented this. If the other team sees there will be a late drop, there will be a piranha and a scattershot just waiting for the dropship to come.

#1499 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 10:15 AM

View PostESC 907, on 22 November 2023 - 03:20 PM, said:

Can someone please address the muzzle-flash of Clan-MGs being in the middle of the face for the Warthog? I literally cannot see my targets if I fire my torso-mounted MGs. Was not an issue for LMGs!
use light mgs or heavy mg's i made a note of that on the discord.. according to the dev there somebody missed a weapon node for mg's.

Probably because it's a clan mech nobody will fix it for awhile.

Edited by KursedVixen, 07 December 2023 - 10:39 AM.

#1500 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 01:03 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 07 December 2023 - 08:49 AM, said:

You know how at the end of a Faction Play match when you're dropping in your last mech by yourself and the enemy is spawn camping your drop zone and shoots you to pieces before you can take five steps? Yeah, tell me that wouldn't happen in quick play if you implemented this. If the other team sees there will be a late drop, there will be a piranha and a scattershot just waiting for the dropship to come.

Maybe you quoted wrong part, i didn't say anything about the drop decks being spawncamped there. But you are right, anti-spawncamp features have to be implemented to prevent that. Maybe add abundance of turrets to drop zones so last drops had a chance to at least hide in some kind of fortress and fight back...

Edited by JumpingHunter, 25 December 2023 - 01:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users