1522 replies to this topic

#1501 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 06 January 2024 - 10:25 PM

Could we get some buffs to the MLX? It would likely be more popular if it was given more quirks. How about giving the MLX-D quirks similar to the EXE-C? Its primary weapon is a UAC2, and it jams like a MF! 100% So8 quirks would likely make it more fun to play, and therefore more popular!

#1502 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 12:12 AM

View PostESC 907, on 06 January 2024 - 10:25 PM, said:

Could we get some buffs to the MLX? It would likely be more popular if it was given more quirks. How about giving the MLX-D quirks similar to the EXE-C? Its primary weapon is a UAC2, and it jams like a MF! 100% So8 quirks would likely make it more fun to play, and therefore more popular!

100% jam chance reduction is a very big buff to give to anything, especially to a light mech, which doesn't even need that in a first place since it can easily run away any time it wants. Some jam chance reduction will be fine, just not 100%.

#1503 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 07 January 2024 - 11:33 AM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 07 January 2024 - 12:12 AM, said:

- which doesn't even need that in a first place...

How much dmg does running away deal? In a game where dmg-dealt is the biggest factor in a 'Mech's performance, the MLX-D seriously underperforms.

Granting it a 100% jam-chance reduction with its So8 would allow it to perform more in line with harder-hitting Light 'Mechs. It is still only a 2-point weapon, and it is not like the 'Mech is able to carry 4T of ammo. Plus, the quirk would make the 'Mech infinitely more fun to play, so it would not be the super-rare unicorn it is today (and one that punishes its user with a poor average performance at that).

#1504 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 02:01 PM

View PostESC 907, on 07 January 2024 - 11:33 AM, said:

How much dmg does running away deal? In a game where dmg-dealt is the biggest factor in a 'Mech's performance, the MLX-D seriously underperforms.

Granting it a 100% jam-chance reduction with its So8 would allow it to perform more in line with harder-hitting Light 'Mechs. It is still only a 2-point weapon, and it is not like the 'Mech is able to carry 4T of ammo. Plus, the quirk would make the 'Mech infinitely more fun to play, so it would not be the super-rare unicorn it is today (and one that punishes its user with a poor average performance at that).

Running away prevents you from letting enemy deal damage to you, and giving you time to cool off or wait for guns to unjam, in exchange of you not dealing constant damage to enemy. For a light mech not dealing damage while your weapon is unjamming isn't really a problem, as running away and staying alive is far easier than for meds, heavies or assaults. Maybe significant jam chance reduction would help it, but there's no reason to simplify it's piloting to constant spamming with RoF close to the one of RACs.

And again, removing jam chance completely is a very big buff, not sure if giving it away to a light mech is a good idea, given that lights in general are the probably the strongest weight class in MWO.

#1505 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 07 January 2024 - 09:11 PM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 07 January 2024 - 02:01 PM, said:

Running away prevents you from letting enemy deal damage to you, and giving you time to cool off or wait for guns to unjam, in exchange of you not dealing constant damage to enemy. For a light mech not dealing damage while your weapon is unjamming isn't really a problem, as running away and staying alive is far easier than for meds, heavies or assaults. Maybe significant jam chance reduction would help it, but there's no reason to simplify it's piloting to constant spamming with RoF close to the one of RACs.

And again, removing jam chance completely is a very big buff, not sure if giving it away to a light mech is a good idea, given that lights in general are the probably the strongest weight class in MWO.

The powerful ones are the 'Mechs capable of moving nearly 140kph. The MLX falls just short of that. Not to mention it is a 25T papier-mâché chassis. And like I said, running away deals 0 dmg, which takes away from a 'Mech's performance in this game that is so heavily scored on dmg done. Unless there are buffs to the MLX to make it more effective and/or significantly more fun for players to run, it will continue to go unused.
Why do you think they gave the jam-chance buff to the Executioner? I would argue it is because it is under-gunned relative to its weight class, and is a relatively soft target. Both of those qualities apply to the MLX.

#1506 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 11:52 AM

View PostESC 907, on 07 January 2024 - 09:11 PM, said:

The powerful ones are the 'Mechs capable of moving nearly 140kph. The MLX falls just short of that. Not to mention it is a 25T papier-mâché chassis. And like I said, running away deals 0 dmg, which takes away from a 'Mech's performance in this game that is so heavily scored on dmg done. Unless there are buffs to the MLX to make it more effective and/or significantly more fun for players to run, it will continue to go unused.
Why do you think they gave the jam-chance buff to the Executioner? I would argue it is because it is under-gunned relative to its weight class, and is a relatively soft target. Both of those qualities apply to the MLX.

But Executioner is an assault mech. Undergunned assault is like a WW1 tank with no cannon - you can show up at the battlefield but you will be just there to take damage and do nothing else. An undergunned light (though IIRC no clan light is truly undergunned) is not nearly as big of a problem, since it can easily dodge incoming fire and buy itself more time to shoot at enemy. I got about 400 damage in stock STD60 urbanmech relatively consistently because of smart usage of small size, hitboxes and jump jets, so i don't thing that any light mech is that much of a victum of being undergunned.

BTW, if you say that it's lacking in performance, what are your results with it? And what results do you compare these MLX-D results to?

And again, i only say that giving mech a 100% no jam chance pass is an overkill. Maybe some buffs could help, but not this big.

BTW

Edited by JumpingHunter, 08 January 2024 - 11:52 AM.

#1507 Havsra

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 04:08 PM

Can we get an override at the start of the match option? It's a quality of life that should have been implemented years ago considering how mandatory overriding can be.

#1508 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 08 January 2024 - 10:30 PM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 08 January 2024 - 11:52 AM, said:

But Executioner is an assault mech. Undergunned assault is like a WW1 tank with no cannon - you can show up at the battlefield but you will be just there to take damage and do nothing else. An undergunned light (though IIRC no clan light is truly undergunned) is not nearly as big of a problem, since it can easily dodge incoming fire and buy itself more time to shoot at enemy. I got about 400 damage in stock STD60 urbanmech relatively consistently because of smart usage of small size, hitboxes and jump jets, so i don't thing that any light mech is that much of a victum of being undergunned.

BTW, if you say that it's lacking in performance, what are your results with it? And what results do you compare these MLX-D results to?

And again, i only say that giving mech a 100% no jam chance pass is an overkill. Maybe some buffs could help, but not this big.

BTW

So if an under-gunned Assault is like a WWI tank with no cannon, then what is an under-gunned Light? A VW-Bug? Secondly, THAT is your description of the Executioner? I would like to see you lead a push in an EXE-C and survive more than 2s. You seem to be mistaking it for the Atlas...

Also, I find it interesting that you would compare the MLX-D(25t) to an Urbanmech. 1) When has the MLX been able to ton-down its engine? 2) Have you ever seen a MLX-D with a 10 or even 20-pt ballistic? But yes, 400 dmg is a good match for a Light, and I have made that threshold maybe 4 times running the MLX-D after ~7y playing MWO (each time thanks to well-used artys). Otherwise, the MLX-D is lucky to get more than half that damage in a match. As for a comparison, I would compare it to other Lights, such as the Adder, Cougar, Kit Fox, Arctic Cheetah, Piranha, Incubus, JR7-IIC, Urbanmech, Locust-1V, Spider-5V, Flea, Wolfhound, Jenner... Basically, all other Lights are easily able to out-perform the MLX, with the exception of perhaps the Commando, which I would put at a similar level to the Mist-Lynx. The only MLX that is capable of performing well on a regular basis is the Gulf, due to its ability to boat 8xMGs. But then, ammo will be a limiting factor for that.

You claim the -100% jam-chance would be too much, but what could that buff? A UAC5 with .5T ammo with no backup weapons? A UAC2 with 2.5T of ammo and no backup weapons? If you make it dependent on the So8, the most it can do is 2xERMLs or 2xHMLs for backup of the UAC2! *Thank you for reading my wall of text*

#1509 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 12:11 PM

View PostESC 907, on 08 January 2024 - 10:30 PM, said:

So if an under-gunned Assault is like a WWI tank with no cannon, then what is an under-gunned Light? A VW-Bug? Secondly, THAT is your description of the Executioner? I would like to see you lead a push in an EXE-C and survive more than 2s. You seem to be mistaking it for the Atlas...

Also, I find it interesting that you would compare the MLX-D(25t) to an Urbanmech. 1) When has the MLX been able to ton-down its engine? 2) Have you ever seen a MLX-D with a 10 or even 20-pt ballistic? But yes, 400 dmg is a good match for a Light, and I have made that threshold maybe 4 times running the MLX-D after ~7y playing MWO (each time thanks to well-used artys). Otherwise, the MLX-D is lucky to get more than half that damage in a match. As for a comparison, I would compare it to other Lights, such as the Adder, Cougar, Kit Fox, Arctic Cheetah, Piranha, Incubus, JR7-IIC, Urbanmech, Locust-1V, Spider-5V, Flea, Wolfhound, Jenner... Basically, all other Lights are easily able to out-perform the MLX, with the exception of perhaps the Commando, which I would put at a similar level to the Mist-Lynx. The only MLX that is capable of performing well on a regular basis is the Gulf, due to its ability to boat 8xMGs. But then, ammo will be a limiting factor for that.

You claim the -100% jam-chance would be too much, but what could that buff? A UAC5 with .5T ammo with no backup weapons? A UAC2 with 2.5T of ammo and no backup weapons? If you make it dependent on the So8, the most it can do is 2xERMLs or 2xHMLs for backup of the UAC2! *Thank you for reading my wall of text*

I didn't compare MLX to Urbie, i stated that if even that is able to get the job done, then MLX shouldn't be as bad as you claim it to be. Plus, UAC2 is 900 or so meters range weapon, and both ERML and HML are not that weak, so what you said to be the most this mech can squeze out of it it somewhere in the mecium mech loadout level.

I didn't mistook Executioner to atlas, Executioner plays really more like an oversized medium mech with it's mask and JJs, but the fact that it is so big and so easy to hit is what forces it to rely on strong quirks. And undergunned light is still a light, a mech that can get to enemy rear arc and breach rear armor with ease, simply because of size and speed. If you think that all light mechs have to be able to win 1v1 with heavy or assault mech in 1v1 face to face fight, then i don't think you are right.

And of all mechs that you brought up as outperforming MLX, most are MG boats. I'd say that if you aim to equalize MG boats and other lights, then the go-to way of doing that should be nerfing MG boats to the ground first, and then buffing underquirked mechs. If MLX is so bad, then some buffs maybe should be decent, but 100% jam chance reduction is by far not needed. Again, all mechs that have this 100% jam chance reduction (IIRC) are heavies or assaults, which are big, easy to hit, often slow enough to not be able to dodge anything and that generally have to rely on firepower to outperform enemy, not on mobiliry. I don't have much experience with smaller clan lights, but i refuse to believe that they are running slower than 97.2 KPH, and that is more than enough to duck behind the cover once your gun is jammed. Plus, UAC2 has one of the longest ranges in MWO, and one of the highest velocities too, so you really should not be in the face of enemy when you have that good engagement range.

Think of it as of Panther 10P - you have one ballistic slot that you have to make use of, and since it's a light mech best way of utilizing ballistic weapons is to snipe with AC2. And i did not see anynody complain about Panther 10P being unable to shoot UAC2 without jamming yet. Again, i don't say that buffs are not needed, i say that 100% negation of intended feature of the weapon is not the way to do it, and at least not to be easily throwin into every mech's quirk list on first occasion.

Edited by JumpingHunter, 09 January 2024 - 12:12 PM.

#1510 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 09 January 2024 - 07:31 PM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 09 January 2024 - 12:11 PM, said:

I didn't compare MLX to Urbie, i stated that if even that is able to get the job done, then MLX shouldn't be as bad as you claim it to be. Plus, UAC2 is 900 or so meters range weapon, and both ERML and HML are not that weak, so what you said to be the most this mech can squeze out of it it somewhere in the mecium mech loadout level.

I didn't mistook Executioner to atlas, Executioner plays really more like an oversized medium mech with it's mask and JJs, but the fact that it is so big and so easy to hit is what forces it to rely on strong quirks. And undergunned light is still a light, a mech that can get to enemy rear arc and breach rear armor with ease, simply because of size and speed. If you think that all light mechs have to be able to win 1v1 with heavy or assault mech in 1v1 face to face fight, then i don't think you are right.

And of all mechs that you brought up as outperforming MLX, most are MG boats. I'd say that if you aim to equalize MG boats and other lights, then the go-to way of doing that should be nerfing MG boats to the ground first, and then buffing underquirked mechs. If MLX is so bad, then some buffs maybe should be decent, but 100% jam chance reduction is by far not needed. Again, all mechs that have this 100% jam chance reduction (IIRC) are heavies or assaults, which are big, easy to hit, often slow enough to not be able to dodge anything and that generally have to rely on firepower to outperform enemy, not on mobiliry. I don't have much experience with smaller clan lights, but i refuse to believe that they are running slower than 97.2 KPH, and that is more than enough to duck behind the cover once your gun is jammed. Plus, UAC2 has one of the longest ranges in MWO, and one of the highest velocities too, so you really should not be in the face of enemy when you have that good engagement range.

Think of it as of Panther 10P - you have one ballistic slot that you have to make use of, and since it's a light mech best way of utilizing ballistic weapons is to snipe with AC2. And i did not see anynody complain about Panther 10P being unable to shoot UAC2 without jamming yet. Again, i don't say that buffs are not needed, i say that 100% negation of intended feature of the weapon is not the way to do it, and at least not to be easily throwin into every mech's quirk list on first occasion.

1) How in the nine-levels is a MLX-D with a 100% jam-chance reduction going to beat a Heavy? Where in the flying-FUn did I make any such claim?

2) MG-boats?! What loadouts do you see on the most common ACHs, ADRs, COUs?! How about FS9s, FLEs, JVNs, WLFs? HOW MANY HARDPOINTS DO THEY ALL HAVE?! (MLX-D has 3, and after the UAC2 and full armor there are 3.5T to split between ammo and two energy hardpoints)

3) I will grant you the point on the PNT-10P. And just like the MLX-D, how often do you see it played? And unlike the MLX-D, it has a shield-arm, and torso-mounted missile-points, and it can scale its engine.

#1511 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 12:45 AM

View PostESC 907, on 09 January 2024 - 07:31 PM, said:

1) How in the nine-levels is a MLX-D with a 100% jam-chance reduction going to beat a Heavy? Where in the flying-FUn did I make any such claim?

2) MG-boats?! What loadouts do you see on the most common ACHs, ADRs, COUs?! How about FS9s, FLEs, JVNs, WLFs? HOW MANY HARDPOINTS DO THEY ALL HAVE?! (MLX-D has 3, and after the UAC2 and full armor there are 3.5T to split between ammo and two energy hardpoints)

3) I will grant you the point on the PNT-10P. And just like the MLX-D, how often do you see it played? And unlike the MLX-D, it has a shield-arm, and torso-mounted missile-points, and it can scale its engine.

1) I repeat - UAC2 has 810 meters range and highest rate of fire of all clan weapons. I can easily imagine how a small mech with unhitable hitboxes will sit back 1 kilometer away from battlefield spraying people in endless blinding UAC2 shots. Plus all UAC2s have very short jam duration, unlike hevier UACs, so i really don't see how jam chance of 100 will help this mech all THAT much, despite completely negating UAC balancing factor. MLX already have ammo quirks, so you can get a lot of ammo even with 1.5 tons of ammo bins and be able to just sit back near sniping assaults and spread the UAC, and even have some self defense weaponry in form of 2 Heavy Small Lasers.

2) First off, COU, ADR and WLF are 35-tonners, not 25-tonners. If you compare them to MLX or FLE, or Locusts, then why not take a Cicada or Wolverine in account? 3 heavier light mechs that you brouhgt up have speed slower than MLXs 113 KPH, at least they have to use heavier engine to achieve it or unable to do that al all. Plus they are significantly larger, and none of these mechs have jump jets (mabe some cougar variants have, i dont really remember, but still, they are way less jumpy than small MLX with it's 6xJJs). And of smaller ones that you brought up - FLE is either used as MG boat or stealth armor small laser boat, FS9 is rarely seen due to flamers being not rewarding to play, but all variants i've seen were the ones with a lot of ballistic slots filled with MGs. Locusts are used as either stealth armor small laser boats or MG boats too. So the patter is very easy to spot - mechs that you compare MLX to are either at their peak when used as MG boats, or significantly larger and slower than MLX. So it seems (to me, at least) that you compare your mech to ones that use pupular MG boating meta and also want it to punch above it's weight class, which i can understand, but the way of equalizing it with other mechs should consist of nerfing the most popular lighter mechs that outperform it (why just happened to almost all be MG boats).

3) I've had decent success with 10P, and i can easily say that it's not seen much not because of lack of performance of it but because for majority of MWO players it's way easier to just get an MG boat that will have same DPS as one or even two AC2 with no heat, jam and anything else. It's not the 10P's problem that it can't just take down several heavier mechs on it's own in an open fight - it's a problem with most popular lights (mostly clan ones) that they can do that in a first place. Recently a loyalty adder with 8 MG slots was added - guess what nearly half of light mech pilots are running now? And before that they ran piranhas with same build, just a bit less armor and a bit more speed.

#1512 j daralli

Rookie

• The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2024 - 12:32 PM

there needs to be some sort of sticky reticule aka a low powered aim assist for dealing with tiny fast mechs, and i should be able to rotate my lower torso without moving the upper torso in the process, maybe a unlock/lock torso option. i feel like the near impossible aiming drives away a lot of players. also the uziel needs serious love, its so bad i haven't seen 1 played for over a month and i play every night... its hit box needs refined and it needs at least + 1 ability that makes up for its complete lackluster variants AKA stealth armor or improved quirks for heat

#1513 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 12 January 2024 - 06:52 PM

A sticky reticule would probably require some coding. And some design consideration to make sure it didn't break streaks or turn small lasers into point defense weapons.

And what do you mean by turning "lower torso" ? The legs? You can kind of already do that with practice, turn the mech one direction while torso twisting the other.

#1514 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 173 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 13 January 2024 - 02:51 AM

I think he means this. It makes your torso not move when you turn legs, it would be cool to have, but I think half of the fun is getting better Posted Image.

#1515 Z3ro Z3ro

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 06:00 PM

hi!can you pls undo the armor nerf for the mist lynx-g??it wasn`t that bad.so pls,undo it.i want to play mwo again and this is really the only mech i can play.and almost nobody plays this mech anyway so maybe you can ???or at least a little bit more...cmon.thnx.

Edited by Z3ro Z3ro, 24 January 2024 - 06:06 PM.

#1516 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 06:43 AM

Please add scaling to the Main Menu UI and Mechlab UI, this is ridiculous, we are in 2024 and the majority is now on 4K resolutions, and we ca barely see the text!

Edited by Fotracul, 15 March 2024 - 06:44 AM.

#1517 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 26 March 2024 - 09:26 PM

View PostESC 907, on 06 January 2024 - 10:25 PM, said:

THANK YOU GUYS! This little baby needed these quirks bad. And thank you for the Plasma Cannon as well! And for noticing that it needs a slight adjustment to heat gen!

#1518 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 07 April 2024 - 04:52 PM

Could we get the ability to save Camo specs? Would be nice if they could go alongside our saved Loadouts.

If I want to duplicate a camo/color/decal arrangement that I spent a rather long time setting up, I would really appreciate the ability to save it as a configuration for that 'Mech chassis. Plus, there are times where your decal placement on one 'Mech feels perfect, but then it seems practically impossible to recreate it on the next one!

#1519 Call me Yoshi

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 April 2024 - 01:02 AM

I would really like a dropdeck for QP matches, even if its just for 2 mechs, getting stuck with a LRM boat on Solaris City is rough and more frustration then fun. I would rather be able to switch to a more short/medium range mech then.

#1520 FR33MAN417

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 11:35 AM

View PostCall me Yoshi, on 10 April 2024 - 01:02 AM, said:

I would really like a dropdeck for QP matches, even if its just for 2 mechs, getting stuck with a LRM boat on Solaris City is rough and more frustration then fun. I would rather be able to switch to a more short/medium range mech then.

I SECOND THIS!
EVERY military event ever always has prior intel on where they are going and adjust their strat and equipment accordingly!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook