Most Wanted Features!

1558 replies to this topic

#901 SpeedyRR

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

New to the game, but have noticed something missing in the map department that I've seen in other games.
Last known position.
So on the battlegrid and mini map if the last known position of a mech became a dull marker point which would then shift to the new position when spotted/targetted again.
Of course this may not be ideal due to things like line of sight, ECM, radar deprivation etc but that little bit of info could be invaluable to be able to look at in the heat of battle to get a better idea of what is going on around you.

#902 Kage Wolf

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Rewards for support mechs. Something to reward players for protecting other mechs with ams systems. There are mechs that get several ams hard points but very little reward for using so much tonnage for them when it could be used for other weapons. Something that rewards other things than doing damage. There are rewards for ecm and narc but not ams.

#903 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostKage Wolf, on 17 March 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Rewards for support mechs. Something to reward players for protecting other mechs with ams systems. There are mechs that get several ams hard points but very little reward for using so much tonnage for them when it could be used for other weapons. Something that rewards other things than doing damage. There are rewards for ecm and narc but not ams.

Russ has made comments before about adding some sort of reward for AMS shooting down missiles coming at your team, but they have never implemented it.

TAG also has OK rewards in addition to NARC, but ECM doesn't have rewards other than making Lance in Formation easier to get.

#904 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

https://mwomercs.com...82#entry5660182
Post regarding upcoming update for weaponry.

https://mwomercs.com...85#entry5660285
Post regarding flamer rework.

#905 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:47 AM

How about more ranks for Loyalists beyond Rank 20?
It's been discussed, it has been stated in a townhall... it's about time!

#906 Ghos7bearD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hamburg

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

Copy & Paste for the MWO Launcher, Password Field. Want my Password more complexity.. the accounts have a lot of value, so we need security!

#907 Widowmaker1972

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

A lot of complaints from players is how un balanced clan tech is from IS.
The truth of the matter is the clans are superior in technology.
However,
The Clans were very honor oriented. They would bit against one another for the right to fight for Possession. etc.
What about a clan honor point system?
Points earned for solo kills, First Strike, Lighter Mechs fighting heavier opponents.
Points for having multiple Mechs from the same clan. ( promote unit cohesion.)
The points can act as experience placed only for Clan tech.

More inter Clan fighting. Though the are Clans they fought among each other as often as they fought the IS.

I'm not saying that play needs balancing. I say learn to be a better pilot.

Just suggestions.

#908 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

Look folks, the clans have SUPERIOR weapons, PERIOD. I keep seeing all of this "balancing" stuff going on and it
does nothing but take a good weapon and make it junk. Some weapons are superior to others; some Mechs are
superior to Mechs; double heat sinks are suppose to be 2x better than single heat sinks, etc...

In the BattleTech/MechWarrior universe the Clan PPC does 15 damage and generates 15 heat! I think that heat
penalty is more than sufficient to curb its use. And the Gauss Rifle... OMG! Can you do any more to wreck the
benefits of this wonderful weapon than this ridiculous "charge mechanism" that has been forced upon us? And now
with this last patch (3/21/2017) we are getting yet another reduction in weapons damage capability... the
missile spread is INCREASING, targeting computer effectiveness is being REDUCED, and our already crippled PPCs
and Gauss Rifles are getting crit damage TAKEN AWAY! REALLY!? WHY!? I haven't seen any evidence at all in the
game play that says this is necessary!

I don't want a game of totally "normalized" weapons or Mechs. The Battletech/Mechwarrior universe has most of
this figured out already. Just use it as is please.

If the end goal is to make longer matches where Mechs stay in the fight longer... how about trying this...?

Increase the armor protection across all Mechs to be in line with the VIP Mech; especially the heavies and
assaults. It takes a massive amount of firepower to take down the VIP Mech. An Atlas (or any 100 ton assault
Mech) should be this tough to take down. The light Mechs are already "buffed" to this level; it takes a huge
amount of firepower to take one of them down. Way more than what their weight class would dictate. Why not do it
with the mediums though assaults also?

In doing this many problem things could be just plain removed from the game:

1> Get rid of ghost heat totally. Every weapon would need to work at maximum capacity/damage to be effective in
the game.

2> Let the double heat sinks dissipate double heat like they were designed to do.

3> Get rid of the stupid Gauss Rifle charge mechanic. OMG this is just horrible!

4> Light Mechs would no longer be such a terror on the battlefield like they are now as they would not be able
to just troll around looking for a lone heavy or assault to make a "pew-pew-pew" easy kill out of in seconds
like they do now.

5> This simple change would greatly increase the length of game matches. It would allow the players that like to
build and run brawling Mechs to actually have some fun in the game as they would be able to have a tough enough
Mech to engage and fight the enemy instead of just dieing in a few short seconds from long range weapons.

6> With the new Civil War Pack coming out much of this IS vs Clan "normalization" will take place naturally with
no need to ruin any weapon's capabilities.

7> Make the match making engine set IS vs Clans and have 3 IS lances fight 2 Clan stars. This is the way the
Clans want it anyway. They operate on a honor based system and bid to fight the enemy with the least amount of
resources that they feel they can get away with. This idea would fit the Clan idealistic profile. The "balance"
will already be built in with the two more IS Mechs in the fight.

8> This would also give slow moving Mechs (i.e. Dire Wolf, Urbanmech, Annihilator, etc...) a chance to get to
cover before getting destroyed in seconds by LRMs or long range weapons before they can even get into battle.

9> This change would also allow Assault Mechs to act like - oh gee, I don't know - ASSAULT MECHS! They would be
able to wade into other Mechs and have a good, long, fun, fight like they are supposed to do and perform their
roll as "tip of the spear" BattleMechs.

Let the superior weapons be superior. Just alter simple things like the amount of armor on the Mechs and let the
superior weapons be used as they were designed please.

Thanks,

#909 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

With the introduction of the new Annihilator Mech there is something that must be designed into the Mech or it will be dropped into obscurity within the first week of game play.

The Annihilator is an EXTREMELY SLOW Mech at 32kph. It WILL get left behind when advancing to engage the enemy or getting into fighting position, or just capping bases. Light and fast medium Mechs will also be trolling the battlefield trying to find this slow battleship for an easy kill. If it is not properly equipped to defend itself it will be destroyed and never get the chance to see real battle where it is needed.

The new Annihilator Mech needs two very important things to be able to have a chance to survive the light Mech onslaught long enough to get to the main battle...

1> The Mech must have at least a 340 degree torso twist to be able to cover its own rear flank.

2> Its torso twist speed must be at least equal to or greater than that of a mastered Warhammer or Victor DS in order to have a prayer of defending itself from the speedier predators.

The main battle strategy against this Mech will be to circle to get into its flank and kill it from behind. Since it is so slow, this will be very easy for even average heavy Mechs to do if it does not have these simple attributes.

If these attributes are not applied to the new Annihilator Mech, it will fall from favor within the first week of game play because it will be killed before it even gets to the main battle area.

Also... Hit boxes...

The physical design of this Mech promises some seriously good damage spreading; providing the hit boxes are implemented accordingly. It should easily equal either the Ebon Jaguar or Marauder, if not actually exceed both in damage spreading ability. Given its more slender physic compared to an Atlas or Kodiak, it looks like it should be tall enough to count the armor plates on top of an Atlas' head when in close range.

If the Annihilator is to live up to its lore, then it must have the above attributes in order to have a chance of survival in the MWO game. I hope PGI will take this recommendation into serious consideration as I want one of these Mechs very badly. But if its torso twisting radius and speed is that of a crippled snail then it will not be worth owning and will set in everyone's Mech bay while they use a different Mech in battle.

Thank you PGI for all that you have created. The game is great! I hope you will consider these recommendations.

Thanks.

#910 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

These will probably have been mentioned by other people before, but here goes anyway.
  • Tonnage multiplier for damage, a light will never be able to deal the amounts of damage an assault can. Reward players in lights by adjusting the payouts in 5 ton steps to a point, where a spider dealing 100 damage gets the same financial reward as a 1k dealing kodiak. (or very close to it)
  • Reward kills more, some players go for the kill, dealing (relatively) minimal damage by going for the CT or ST, to pop that engine, instead of lazer bathing the entire mech. Reward obtaining the kill a bit more. (I am aware that "kill steal" will probably be a problem with this.
  • The player launching a UAV that detects at least one enemy mech, should get a CB refund for the successful UAV usage (not MC) and even more of a score increase for spotting targets.
  • Reward players capping points, especially in conquest, lights do all the capping, win the match and get s**t as reward with a dropped pilot score since they never fired their weapons. You completed the game modes' objectives at the cost of any tangible reward.
  • Additional achievements (especially steam), tiered ones like you have for the weight classes, that changes their name as you advance. There are sooooo many options here, and it is something that lots of players would be chasing. Say 5 tiers of kill enemy with a Large Pulse Laser (then one for all the weapons and sizes). This adds something extra to the game to indirectly prompt players to try weapons they would not ordinarily have tried.
  • Keep on balancing, it's great, I've been playing for over a year now and am very glad to see the recent trend of adjusting parameters.
  • Add the mech upgrades (fero, endo, arti etc) to the Skill (tech) tree, to allow more versatility in switching loadouts. They can keep their costs, but once you've paid to unlock them, you can re-use them. I tinker with this a lot and its a HUGE CB drain, money I could use to buy more mechs, and then more mech bays.
  • Gain "points" for target locking, you get X for maintaining a lock on a target that is taking damage as a portion of the damage being done to it.
  • Monetise more options in the game, as so many players have mentioned, add the ability to unlock skill points in the new tree with MC.
  • Re-look at the price of some of the purchasable items in the game, the chassis patterns and colour prices are just insane, especially for non USD players.
  • Localised prices, you already do a tiny bit of this on steam, but it really needs more work. I bought all the upcoming civil war packs and in my local currency that is R3300.00 (ZAR), "Overall, in South Africa, the average salary increased 35% between 2003 and 2012, to R7,443 (median: R3.897)" As you can see, it's' completely disproportionate to the local buying power available. It's unlikely that I will spend again till about December, as that is a substantial investment. If these packs (ultimate) were R300 (ZAR) I would be buying every single one of them and then some. I think for a large portion of your player base this is the case. I know the USD players would not welcome this, as they would feel cheated, but on steam at least you can control it and could tap into large reserves of untapped markets that have poor exchange rates.
Thanks for a great game, and please don't kill the Skill tree (tech tree)

#911 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

It should be a simple one: I'd like the possibility to have a full 3D view of my mech on the trial maps, just for taking screenshots...

#912 Alceroi

• PipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

know this may not be considered a feature however regarding the new update can we see the laser heatsinks for the clans?

it has good positive quirks such as better enviromental cooling and subsequently cannot work for colder maps or water maps

&/Or the artemis V fcs for more quicker lockon and further accurate missles?

#913 RabidNinja64

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

Quick Question; Are PGI reworking the new skill tree? or has the recent PTS nerfed it indefinitely?

Here's my suggestions;
  • Bitchin' Betty Customisation - Male/Female/Robotic/Regional Accent counterparts would be great. Also, options for vocal alerts (Considering "Weapon Jammed" has been removed), it would be nice to actually have the option. it allows for a slight more of a personal touch.
  • Updated UI for menu - I'm not just talking menu details, fonts, etc. I'm kinda sick of seeing the same orange, smoky mechbay every time I come back. Faction-related would be quite nice. Players who use one faction, IS/Clan/Merc over the others will morph their background mechbays into that aligned side. You can't mean that, after 300 years of exile, than the Clans still use the same old rustbucket of mechbay designs as IS?
  • Faction Play Leader Avatars - This one's a little tricky; Basically, become a loyalist, and when picking your house, along with the lore and house backstory, it'd be cool to see a mugshot of the revered leader of that house. Clan Wolf? Vlad Ward. Steiner? Katherine Steiner-Davion. It introduces a face to the faction we're picking, and extensive lore would be cool to read.
  • Why not Map Packs? - Ofcourse, this means, people will have to PAY for them.......Posted Image
  • Private Matches WITHOUT premium.......
  • Tintable Cockpit glass
  • Ability to view group mech loadouts before searching for a match? adds ALOT more unit cohesion and helps new players learn quicker, easier and efficiently.
  • REMOVE THE TIER SYSTEM. Not only does it hurt my personal pride of being stuck in Tier 4 for the rest of my life, but the fact it's inert when I play a match with Snuggles Time (A Tier 1 player) shows that the MM needs some slight adjustment, but also feeds into my Updated UI point ^.
  • Game searching needs to be faster, European connections to Oceanic NEED to be fixed.
  • Something is off the PPC's. they take 1-2 seconds to register a hitmarker after they actually hit my target....

#914 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

View PostRabidNinja64, on 23 March 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

• Why not Map Packs? - Of course, this means, people will have to PAY for them.......Posted Image

NO, JUST NO!! You had some other good ideas, but in a MMO setting that would make hell for the matchmaker as everyone in a match (or at least all group leaders in group queue) would have to own a map for the MM to put a game on it.

#915 Magge Bear

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGermany, Munich

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

My Suggestions would be:

-please add a PvE - Objective - Based Mission Mode for 4 Players that is for me subjective the most important one

-Add some new Maps, i really want one thats in a Big City with only Skyscraper and maybe in the middle a park.

-3d Mech HUD

-revamp for the 3rd Person Sight

-bring back 250 Max Tonnage for CW for the Clanners.

#916 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostCaptain Grayson Lighthorse, on 21 March 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

Look folks[..]

Thanks,

It's you who is to be thanked. Great post, 'specially the thing about claners dropping in stars.

Another request: reduce minimum tonnage for clan dropdecks, please.

#917 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

Here's a relatively simple one. When in the Weapons Group screen in Mech Lab, highlight the weapon on the mech when you mouse over a weapon on the list. Right now the list is only separate into Arms and Torso sections. Experience has helped me figure out that it's Left Arm then Right Arm in the Arms section, but I tend for forget how the torso section is arranged, especially if there are Head or CT mounted weapons. This will help reduce server resources since I won't have to go into Testing Grounds to test and group my weapons.

A related complaint is why the weapons grouping is not saved with the mech? I have two computers that I play MWO on. When I saved my weapons grouping on one computer, the grouping is not carried over to the other computer. To me, that's just plain stupid. Why would you save the weapons grouping separately and locally? I guess most people only play on one computer and never really notice, but this is just annoying as hell if you run on more than one computer.

#918 Manthor

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

How about Faction doesn't go back to home screen.

how about when you finish a game, it goes back to faction screen.

i don't play faction much because of all the loading time lost to get back to the faction screen to start another faction game. wasting my time.

Edited by Manthor, 29 March 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#919 Manthor

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 27 March 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

It's you who is to be thanked. Great post, 'specially the thing about claners dropping in stars.

Another request: reduce minimum tonnage for clan dropdecks, please.

Reduce! are you crazy????
IS already had more powerful 50t mechs and are dominating scouting because of it. clan mechs can't compete with griffins, centurions and crabs being near indestructible as it is!

Edited by Manthor, 29 March 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#920 NinjaCat

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Firemoth, or something similar.
A clan mech that can keep up with the locust.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users