1516 replies to this topic

#1 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hey MechWarriors!

Just like the Event Suggestion sub-forums, I'll be checking up on this sub-forum here for the most wanted features from the community. The most talked about wants and wishes! (Please make new threads so I can see your suggestion's popularity!)

It's important for us to know what you are most looking forward to, or what you really wish you could have in MWO right now.

So let's keep this sub-forum active together and post your MWO Features wish-list here!

#2 Bigga Moonpye

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...alvage-economy/

Salvage and Economy!!!

Edited by Bigga Moonpye, 03 June 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#3 AmodedomA

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationBilbao Spain

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:37 PM

Folks,
I've been playing a Mechwarrior game on PC since they first came out. Bought and played all of them and I'm still playing MW4 Vengeance. I really thought the series was dead and only recently discovered MWO. Never was a fan of games that are server based, but the desire to continue to battle in a Mech is strong.
I haven't been here long but I am somewhat dismayed by the fact that the only way to develop skills is to go directly into combat. That's a steep learning curve, and though I'm gleaning what I can spectating, and watching training videos, I wish there were a bot based training series to acquire skills on before facing the experience hungry veterans. I don't mind being the little fish for a while, but the difference in skill levels is making it so I don't last long, ergo I don't learn much.
Still I like the game and it's server response, graphics and playability are great. I sincerely hope to dominate the game before losing interest due to the sensation of being an easy kill to keep the veterans fed.

#4 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:38 AM

I want a UI that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out.

We told you what was wrong with it during public testing, and yet you forged ahead and released an unfinished mess anyway. You can see the fall out of your decisions in the patch feedback section

#5 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:40 AM

Collision and better hit reg.

#6 I C Wiener

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:57 AM

- More and better rewards for public and CW.

- Specific achievements and better rewards to encourage role warfare

- More maps and revamp of existing ones (you're already on that one I know)

- More and better tutorials (training mode with bots if possible)

/edit: - Possibility to see your premades on the map

Edited by I C Wiener, 03 June 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#7 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:59 AM

mech grid select

customizable hud colour/size, custom crosshair image

scrollable chat, toggle chat not hiding

target friendly mechs button

fixed heat cap

unlocked clan equipment and upgrades

rework ecm, targeting mechanics, relevant modules

remove big quirks, rebalance weapons

#8 GrayDawn

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:34 AM

Hello!
I've been playing for two years now. Began a little before the end of the beta. Here is my take on this matter:

In two words: More Immersion.

In details:

I can live with the clunky UI and all that Mechlab stuff. In fact i think it is not a big deal at all.

But two factors that effect gameplay which you probably already work on:
Hit detection and invisible walls. - These are a significant factor in good competitve gameplay. I know you are aware of this but I still think you need more and more work on it. To polish up gameplay.

Significantly larger maps.- Already brought up. But yet this is another aspect that hinders this game to reach its full potential. It would alos enhance the purpose (roles) of different 'mechs.

Better damage models, collision. - I'd love to see parts genuinely damaged, lose a leg, fall over and stuff. See the internals sort of stuff. Holes in the 'mechs for example.

Destructible terrain. - Not just trees a whole bunch of things including buildings. (Also brought up many times and I know you work on at least some part of it).

Cockpit improvements. - We spend our time here. It is the point of the game. To be in these things. Crack the glass, make it look damaged with the pass of the game...get those monitors working. Currently we have only a holo display on our helmets. Battletech is old. It has it's monitors to display stuff. It is how it should look.

Size adjustments for the 'mechs. - Our cockpit is huge and they don't always correspond to other 'mechs sizes or to the surroundings (The buildings). It feels like I can jump out of my cockpit and land safely. the ground is too close also my pilot model seems a tad large. (May be just me though)

More game modes. - Now all the game modes are just death matches with only marginal differences. CW is a good opportunity to change that. And I also seen motifs from you to go this direction. Implement defending convoys, king of the hill, covert ops missions...The forums have plenty of wonderful ideas.

And finally never stop balancing. But quirks and patching while ignoring core problems won't do you any good. Try to identify the primary problems: Map size, hit detection, size, wepon convergence. Implemet more electronic warfare :D That thing is fun.

Thanks for your time and reading.

Best regards, keep up the good work.

#9 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:40 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...starterpackage/

http://mwomercs.com/...ls-solaris-vii/

Mapmaking by community!

RESIZE OF MECHS !!!!!! So they fit the lore!

And before i forget:

FEEDBACK FROM PGI on suggestions!

Edited by Fireeagle, 03 June 2015 - 04:45 AM.

#10 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:13 AM

I am posting this up only cause I was thinking it today - but can we get some record somewhere or some medallion item/badge title for competition winners to show off our successes as an achievement??

Edited by White Bear 84, 03 June 2015 - 04:13 AM.

#11 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:00 AM

SAVED LOADOUTS

#12 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:17 AM

In no particular order...
  • PvE
  • Solaris tournament/ranking system
  • High definition texture pack
  • CW Phase 3
  • More Achievements

#13 Spiritwalker_

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

match playback feature would be nice to tie in with the spectator tools

#14 ArmyOfWon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

Explicit search function in mechlab. As in a bar where you type modules, weapons, or equip-able items and it returns only mechs with that item.

Hasn't Paul ever used Google or searched for a file on his computer ever??

#15 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:26 AM

I want a kill counter on-screen in Conquest. Seems like it should be five minutes' work...

#16 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

One of the biggest time sinks in the MechLab is the process of searching for equipped modules on other 'Mechs via Inventory tab, then go to MechLab to unequip modules, saving, then possibly back to the Inventory tab to find more modules on another 'Mech, back to MechLab, going into another 'Mech for additional modules to repeat, then head back to MechLab to modify the loadout of the desired 'Mech, equipping, then saving again.

To do this in between matches can take as long as 10 mins or more depending on the volume of 'Mechs owned. If the devs can make this part of the UI work to move around modules more seamlessly, THAT would be downright a Godsend!

COOL FEATURE: Highlight play of the match. THAT would be cool. Not sure what I mean? Then watch this snippet.

Edited by Karpundir, 03 June 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#17 Spiritwalker_

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

a NON-hidden search tool in MWO forums (minor I know, but annoying a times to search for stuff not already posted)

#18 Level1Firebolt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:32 AM

A usable mechlab for those of us that can't support 1600x900 or higher resolutions.

I bought a mid range gaming laptop only LAST YEAR, and it only supports 1366x768. Building a mech in the new mech lab using only column view is much, much harder than it was in UI2.0.

Additionally, if this game is going to steam release, can you imagine how many players will be turned off if they can't even see a functioning mechlab in their UI?

#19 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:55 AM

From the top of my head:
  • Pre-saved configurations in the mechlab
  • Stock Mech / 3025 mode
  • A better tutorial (heard there is work done on that end already)
  • Physical effects (examples: water resistence while moving through it, steam when a laser hits water, mech knockdown through damage)
  • Damage textures for buildings (they don't need to actually crumble, they just have to look different)
  • A training mode! Just like the tutorial but with another player guiding you through the steps (a form of private match), No rewards, no stats, the weapons of the trainer are offline (so the mode can't be abused for anything else).
There might be more, but those come up often. Not in this exact form, but similar.

#20 Volkodav

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:00 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 02 June 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Hey MechWarriors!

Just like the Event Suggestion sub-forums, I'll be checking up on this sub-forum here for the most wanted features from the community. The most talked about wants and wishes! (Please make new threads so I can see your suggestion's popularity!)

It's important for us to know what you are most looking forward to, or what you really wish you could have in MWO right now.

So let's keep this sub-forum active together and post your MWO Features wish-list here!

CHANGING PRIORITIES IN THE ATTACK MODE (CW)

New maps description

Edited by Volkodav, 03 June 2015 - 06:02 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users