1558 replies to this topic

#121 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

Heat Scale fix, --- slow down for mechs above a certain heat,ie max speed decrease, turn rate decrease, torso twist speed decrease, arm speed decrease, rehiticle shake for mechs above a certain heat.

#122 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

More map/game mode variety in CW. Counter-Attack was a move in the right direction but how about maps/game modes that don't have gates. The maps are beautiful visually but all have fixed attack lanes and use the same tactics. Need more open maps (like Tourmaline/Alpine) where a more fluid battle can take place. Maybe have a central objective that needs to be captured by both sides. Right now I think CW is suffering from the boring factor of repetitive gameplay.

#123 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:11 PM

More game modes is an absolute must.

Also, taking planets should do SOMETHING. Not just a different coloured blip on the map.

Maybe there could be a more elaborate procedure for taking a planet, with different game modes on each piece of territory of the planet?

#124 Kishida Sato

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

Unit Coffers:
either do something with the cash or be at least able to refund the cash to its previous owner. i know units that have a few millions parked in the drydock there... could be used for handing out a mech to a new player... but this way, you dont even get interest rate on it... tz tz tz...

or what about a unitwide inventory for weapons, heatsinks etc. ?
i have 40 single heat sinks i can sell at a ****** low price... or could just hand them over to someone...

Edited by Kishida Sato, 13 June 2015 - 07:23 PM.

#125 Syn Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

Commander Interface:
make the logos for "attack, defend, etc." either semi-translucent or place them BELOW UAV/MECH indicators.
you cant see a horse fart with those logos on the map. thats one of two reasons to never use them:
- they obstruct vision on the map/minimap completely
- they take forever to place. the entire interface is not made with use during combat in mind.

thanks !

#126 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

Well just some links from the german forum:

http://mwomercs.com/...60#entry4502443

AND my suggestions for a Solaris/ Arena mode

http://mwomercs.com/...66-solaris-vii/

#127 boxbox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

How about self generating maps. Never ending supply new terrain. Each generated to the theme of the planet. No more "Every body rally at the mountain top." or everybody knowing where the "secret" cave is. Each battle would be new and exciting. Hey if Minecraft can do it why cant we?!

Edited by boxbox, 16 June 2015 - 10:37 PM.

#128 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:08 PM

Let us choose the physical location a weapon goes to. What I mean is, on the Banshee, the first weapon goes to the lowest hard point. If we could just put weapons in the high shoulder spots, in this case, that'd be great.

#129 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

Another idea, introduce custom geometry. It can be sold for MC, similar to camo & colors.

#130 Gubernaut

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

Customizable HUD. I want to be able to choose the colors of the hud, select from different designs, adjust the transparency, different cross-hairs to choose from. I know this might fit more as a pay option but if you could make it available for free that would be better ehehehe.

Edited by GreedyPoor, 17 June 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#131 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

Great to see how passionate everyone is for the game and there are some awesome suggestions coming through with quite a few key items being repeated.

Right now the thing I would most like to have is a playable Battlearmour Elemental for the Clans. It's not been done properly in any of the other MechWarrior games. I'd like to see it done to the full extent of it's capabilities and as a properly implemented pilotable option in MWO.

I'm enjoying the game as is and welcome each new addition and change.
My suggestions are as below and mirror a lot of what has already been said.

Immersion:
We are the warriors, not the mechs.
  • Introduce personal quarters we can walk through and admire our achievements.
  • Allow a walk through in the mechbay so we can see our selected mech first hand.
  • Change the match start lobby areas to more of a briefing room with avatars.
  • A few cinematics to kick off matches and build the tension like seeing the dropships flying along and mecwarriors running to their mechs and climbing in instead of the connection/loading screens.
  • Hiding some of the menus or at least being able to toggle them on/off so we can focus on our surroundings.
Refer to this awesome little post:
http://mwomercs.com/...nesday-hot-drop

Standard Matches:
  • More maps are always good and the new improvements being worked on will be great.
  • Vary the modes a bit more.

Domination: control a single point on the map.
    Attack/Defend: one side has a base
    Territory: sides have to fight over areas in an order so it becomes a tug of war.
  • Change conquest so the capture points are hidden and need to be scouted/discovered first.
  • Additional elements in the games to create more objectives.
Community Warfare
  • Introduce a second stage to the invasion after the orbital guns have been neutralized that can utilize different maps, modes and player team sizes.
  • Dynamic mission results that have flow on effects to future missions.
  • Have a primary attack corridor in the second stage that is an ongoing territorial battle allowing players to drop in and out of the match.
  • Divide each planet to have timezones to match the new servers and have the combined result determine outcome.
  • Add elements for logistics, attrition, recovery/repair of mechs. retreat and reinforce.
  • Establish solid reasons/rewards for conquering a planet.
New elements
  • Playable Clan Elementals!!
  • Additional units beyond mechs (Tanks, Helicopters, Infantry) for commander use.
  • A proper strategic command interface for a dedicated commander.
  • Expand pilot skill list to include other items such as jump jets, TAG, ECM and BAP etc. (along with modules for them)
  • Expand pilot skill list to have Elite and Master layers that incorporate battlefield role skills (along with modules for them)
  • Expand mech skill list to include unique skills specific to that mech variant/chassis.
Looking forward to future announcements on the game development.

Edited by 50 50, 18 June 2015 - 06:39 PM.

#132 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

View Postboxbox, on 16 June 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

How about self generating maps. Never ending supply new terrain. Each generated to the theme of the planet. No more "Every body rally at the mountain top." or everybody knowing where the "secret" cave is. Each battle would be new and exciting. Hey if Minecraft can do it why cant we?!

Because mine craft is barely a step above 8 bit graphics, and this game isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. I'm just saying it's not feasible. Look at all the games with "procedurally generated" anything. They all have one thing in common: Very low res graphics.

#133 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

Make weapons pull ammo from the nearest location to that weapon FIRST. OR let us choose where they draw ammo from...

The problem is kind of tough to illustrate... but it's a massive PITA.

Right now, if you have a ballistic weapon on each arm, they will BOTH pull ammo from the same place first. So it will consume all the ammo stored in, say, the right torso first. Then, switch to your left. Then your legs, etc... But, if you expend all the ammo in your right torso, then your left torso gets blown off, you have no ammo at all, despite only using half of it.

I'd like to see the right arm pull ammo from the right arm/torso first, and the left from the left. Then C torso, then head/legs.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 18 June 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#134 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

Reintroduce repair and rearm costs, for CW (maybe specific game mode or what ever) mobile field bases able to repair your mech and rearm it (however you are vulnerable at this point and takes a bit of time). Also repair cost reductions quirks for some mechs that are famous for very low repairs ie Crab and Locust.

When your head is critically damaged it suffers problems. You can no longer use enhanced zoom or normal zoom and your UI jumps and bugs and glitches and you got a bit of static, slightly similar to some hud effects due to ECM.

When a PPC, ER PPC, or an C ER PPC hits you, your hud also jumps and glitches for a moment and have similar static.

Omnipod set bonus has a quarter of the quirk strength from the mech and some bounus quirks.
Center torso omnipod has another quarter of the quirk strength from the mech on some quirks to keep each alt.configeration unique
Rest of the quirk strength comes from the respective omnipod.
This will make balancing clan mechs the easiest as you can buff some omnipods or a specific alt.config easily without making an OP monster down the line.

still on topic of repairs: weapons popular by a faction will have reduced costs/ replacement/ repairs/ rearms (eg ac ammo for davions)
Using mechs of that said faction will have reduced repair costs as well as loyalty point bonus for eg... Using a Timberwolf as clan wolf, Using a couldron born as smoke jaguar, using the atlas as steiner, Hatamoto Chi as kurita, centurion as davion, just some examples

#135 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:28 AM

I know its not really a feature but... We need more weapons! Binary laser, Arrow & Thunder lrms, etc.

#136 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:35 AM

-PvE
-Solaris Arena
-Strip all mechs function for modules/ cockpit item
-income from owned planets
-upgrades purchasebel for own planets
-Jumpships which have a function and wich you can customize
-Faction Tags on the mechs
-a bar where pilots can walk around and wear nice dresses and talk to each other.
-changes in the loyality system. Mecs have to bee hired by units wich have a permanent contract. (Unit coffer)
-Changes to the CW reward system that shooting gens brings LP and C Bills.
-house leader for all factions.
-scins for the dropships.

One way could bee that merc units get listed in Outreach when they are free. House leader can offer them a contract. They use for this money they gained from the planets they have. All plants produce income for the house leader AND the owned unit. When a unit owens a planet, they can use their income to make an offer to a merc unit. They can accept, or not.

Do you need more?

Just send me a PM.....I have plenty ideas....

Edited by Marc von der Heide, 19 June 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#137 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ger-wasp-thorn/

more light mechs and missions requiring fast mechs :D

Edited by Christopher Hamilton, 20 June 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#138 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

Swarm and Thunder LRMs. Physical combat - punch, kick, push, charge, Death From Above . . . and clubs/hatchets. Love to see the Hatchetman/Axeman/Berserker in the game!

#139 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

View Postboxbox, on 16 June 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, procedurally generated terrain is cool. Using minecraft as an example is not. The world of minecraft is made out of f*cking cubes and has very basic rules.

If they did it in MWO, it would be a massive undertaking. The ability to procedurally generate terrain would likely take a good couple years just to develop. Some other 3D games have pulled it off, but their entire game was based around it from the start. Good luck getting CryEngine to do that.

So no, impossible. Just trust me on this one.

EDIT: Relevant article:
http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-33183508

Edited by Night Thastus, 20 June 2015 - 09:16 PM.

#140 guy0320

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

Put the O-gens back but leave the casing. This will bring back the fun tactics, but will deter base rushing without making attacking impossible. Right now Invasion is four rounds of 12 mechs vs. 12 mechs and 21 extra ERLL's. Because all the objectives are within 200 meters of each other there is no reason for either the defending or attacking team to split up and use lance based tactics as forming a deathball is now the best viable tactic for both teams. Adding collisions could help deter this as it would no longer for 12 mechs to be grouped in a circle with a 20 meter radius without suffering serious consequences.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users