Menu Gameplay

101 replies to this topic

#61 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 June 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Are we supposed to care about that?

Was I supposed to be concerned if enough people I have never met clicked stars? :huh:

:angry: Why doesn't anyone send me the memos!

Naw, the stars don't mean much, I just thought it interesting that someone could have so much hate over someone trying to help them, that they would chase a person that far. <_<

I suppose there's no telling though, huh. :blink:

Edit: There I gave you some stars! ^_^

Edited by Nightmare1, 04 June 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#62 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

Naw, the stars don't mean much, I just thought it interesting that someone could have so much hate over someone trying to help them, that they would chase a person that far. <_<

I suppose there's no telling though, huh. :blink:

Still don't see where you tried to help.

#63 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 June 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

So then maybe you should look back and see that although a few pokes were taken at you. Vulgar language was not even hinted at.

So you want me to swear at you and act like a spoiled kid If you disagree with me? Where's the fun in that?

Disagree is fine; disagree respectfully.

Don't be an ass about it and ignore the discussion, just to call it whining.

If you can't have a discussion with people, you need to get their attention. It seems Nightmare never wanted a discussion in the first place, since he just called it whining, never offered to help, despite his saying so.

Almond has always been an ass.

#64 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

Good lord, I had no idea so much anger could come from something like a complete overhaul of a critical component in the game that everyone has to use if they want any kind of diversity in their gaming experience at all. :o

...Oh, wait a second... Yeah, putting it that way, perhaps PGI should not have rushed it out without fixing the bugs first. Developers these days, they take the whole "I can patch-fix things later!" thing too seriously. I remember when games were usually released with minimal bugs and such in them. Good times. :P

But seriously, folks, it is just a game! Stop taking it so seriously, your blood pressure will thank you later! :blink:

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Treat unto others as they treat you.

Erm... Actually, it is "do unto others as you would have them do to you". :huh:

#65 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 04 June 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Good thing I wasn't quoting that.

#66 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

Good thing I wasn't quoting that.

Well what were you quoting, then? The Golden Rule's evil twin? :blink:

Seriously, just take a deep breath. Firstly, name-calling is just not right, whether the person the names are directed at deserve it or not.
And getting so worked up over something that, in the end, really does not matter in the grand scheme of things is not healthy. Generating that much stress over something so insignificant is a good way to shorten one's lifespan. :unsure:
And even if you are being a bit rude, nobody in their right mind wants to see you kick the bucket because a game was not to your liking. That would just be wrong.

So yeah. Take a break for a bit, calm down and relax. Read a book or something, what ever helps you find peace. Life is stressful enough as it is, and games should be fun, not stressful. (Admittedly the new MechLab could use some work to make it simpler for that reason)

#67 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 04 June 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Is he misquoting Scriptures now? I can't see him. Somehow, I'm not surprised though. -_-

Generally, most of the anger I'm seeing over the Mechlab is due to people not being able to locate their stuff. I'll admit that I was initially frustrated with it too, but am getting better at using it and starting to really like it. I think folks just need to give it some time. I know that there was some discussion about being forced to double click on things and not being able to click and drag, but I'm not having those problems. It's working great! ^_^

I just need to figure out how to use the Expanded View properly. I need to go check on my settings I suppose.

View PostWonderSparks, on 04 June 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Seriously, just take a deep breath. Firstly, name-calling is just not right, whether the person the names are directed at deserve it or not.
And getting so worked up over something that, in the end, really does not matter in the grand scheme of things is not healthy. Generating that much stress over something so insignificant is a good way to shorten one's lifespan. :unsure:
And even if you are being a bit rude, nobody in their right mind wants to see you kick the bucket because a game was not to your liking. That would just be wrong.

So yeah. Take a break for a bit, calm down and relax. Read a book or something, what ever helps you find peace. Life is stressful enough as it is, and games should be fun, not stressful. (Admittedly the new MechLab could use some work to make it simpler for that reason)

Thanks Wonder, even if that doesn't help him, it helped me! That cheered me up considerably! :lol:

#68 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

Wasn't quoting anything; just making a statement. Notice the lack of quotation marks, or quote block.

Not worked up about it, just annoyed with people refusing to discuss things. This guy apparently didn't want to discuss anything, just ***** and moan then block people.

Says he tried to help, but I didn't notice a single helpful post, just telling me to whine more, ignoring my argument, then faffing off.

Far too many of those people. Tired of having to repeatedly say the same thing. It seems most don't even read the post anymore.

#69 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

Perhaps if you'd ever stop being a dumb ass, you wouldn't say the most ridiculous things.

You are one of the worst people on the forums for that, saying blatantly false things.

I also see you're ignoring the point of the post, which kinda refutes your entire post. You don't have anything other than name calling? At least mine had substance.

What the **** are you even saying here?

More name calling... :(

So you deny that many many ( a shitload) of players requested the MWO MechLab be more like Smurfy's then? You will stand by that when evidence, overwhelming evidence, is provided to disprove your denial of said request?

"Your honor! We will have to treat this witness as hostel if they continue to deny the facts in this case. Bullheaded stubbornness, despite the facts, is not a valid defense your honor".

Edited by Almond Brown, 04 June 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#70 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

So you deny that many many ( a shitload) of players requested the MWO MechLab be more like Smurfy's then? You will stand by that when evidence, overwhelming evidence, is provided to disprove your denial of said request?

"Your honor! We will have to treat this witness as hostel if they continue to deny the facts in this case."

You're not wrong, for once. People did ask for Smurfy.

We did not get Smurfy. I got something as far from Smurfy as you can get (since there's no Expanded view)

#71 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

some more stuff

Almond has always been an ass.

Should I be checking on my "Stars" too? LOL!

"MOM! Mcgral18 is pulling out my Stars! Make him STOP!"

#72 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

"Your honor! We will have to treat this witness as hostel if they continue to deny the facts in this case. Bullheaded stubbornness, despite the facts, is not a valid defense your honor".

I think this is the entire crux of the thing right here. PGI actually gave us what we asked for, and even opened up a long Public Test to let us play around with it and provide feedback. They then took that feedback and used it to refine the Mechlab. This really is representative of what the community wanted. It's not perfect and there are a few mistakes, but it's worlds better than what we had. The faster saving times alone are worth it to me! :)

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Should I be checking on my "Stars" too? LOL!

"MOM! Mcgral18 is pulling out my Stars! Make him STOP!"

That made me laugh so hard!

I'll give you some stars, just in case. :lol:

Edit: There, I just star-buffed you! :ph34r:

Edited by Nightmare1, 04 June 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#73 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

You're not wrong, for once. People did ask for Smurfy.

We did not get Smurfy. I got something as far from Smurfy as you can get (since there's no Expanded view)

I thought you couldn't use the "Expanded View"? Does that not get you closer to Smurfy's version then everyone who can use it? ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 04 June 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#74 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

I think this is the entire crux of the thing right here. PGI actually gave us what we asked for, and even opened up a long Public Test to let us play around with it and provide feedback. They then took that feedback and used it to refine the Mechlab. This really is representative of what the community wanted. It's not perfect and there are a few mistakes, but it's worlds better than what we had. The faster saving times alone are worth it to me! :)

You mean release an unfinished (they said it themselves) feature, removing things from the previous version.

I would have preferred they fixed the things they said are unfinished before releasing this thing, gimping my mechlab.

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

I thought you couldn't use the "Expanded View"? Does that not get you closer to Smurfy's version then everyone who can use it? ;)

I'd recommend you read that again. That whole literacy thing...

#75 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 June 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

Perhaps if you'd ever stop being a dumb ass, you wouldn't say the most ridiculous things.

You are one of the worst people on the forums for that, saying blatantly false things.

I also see you're ignoring the point of the post, which kinda refutes your entire post. You don't have anything other than name calling? At least mine had substance.

What the **** are you even saying here?

I'm unfamiliar with this side of McGral. Did his child get on his account to troll or something? Or has it been a really, really, really, really, really awful month?

The rule of get-backsies? :P

On topic, the current mechlab is a huge improvement despite it's flaws. The only things that were less intuitive to me were where you look at the mech quirks/specifics (the pop out button is small).

#76 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 June 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Wait, he can see it? I thought that his inability to see it is what started him down this dark path into angry trolldom. You mean he was faking it the entire time??? :blink:

This guy was a bigger nuisance than I initially thought.

Back to the main topic at hand:

I haven't figured out how to get the Smurfy view to display yet. Do I need to change that under Settings? I've been too busy with work this week to sit down and spend the time necessary to finish setting up the lab. It's one of the things on my to-do list for tonight or tomorrow.

#77 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Wait, he can see it? I thought that his inability to see it is what started him down this dark path into angry trolldom. You mean he was faking it the entire time??? :blink:

This guy was a bigger nuisance than I initially thought.

Back to the main topic at hand:

I haven't figured out how to get the Smurfy view to display yet. Do I need to change that under Settings? I've been too busy with work this week to sit down and spend the time necessary to finish setting up the lab. It's one of the things on my to-do list for tonight or tomorrow.

Click Layout.

If you get this, you're ******.

Posted Image

Edited by Mcgral18, 04 June 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#78 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 June 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

I've bumped into him around the forums from time to time, but I've never really interacted with him until this thread. If he's normally not like this, then he must normally have some kind of medication that regulates him because he's been wild here. He hasn't done a good job of representing himself here at all.

Really ******* hypocritical.

#79 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostKoda Shy, on 03 June 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

a new player

We still have those?

#80 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 04 June 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

We still have those?

Yeah, one of them was posting under New Player Help earlier today. All of use who like to help new players were competing to be the first one, lol. ^_^

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users