Assault 'mechs Re-Scale Vote (Part 1)

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Assault 'Mechs Re-Scale Vote (3773 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Assault 'Mech do you want to have re-scaled the most?

1. Voted Awesome - 80 Tonnage (2291 votes [35.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.84%

2. Voted Victor - 80 Tonnage (612 votes [9.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.57%

3. Voted Zeus - 80 Tonnage (347 votes [5.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

4. Gargoyle - 80 Tonnage (469 votes [7.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.34%

5. Voted Stalker - 85 Tonnage (514 votes [8.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.04%

6. BattleMaster - 85 Tonnage (335 votes [5.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.24%

7. Warhawk - 85 Tonnage (454 votes [7.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.10%

8. Highlander - 90 Tonnage (226 votes [3.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

9. Voted Banshee - 95 Tonnage (145 votes [2.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

10. Executioner - 95 Tonnage (179 votes [2.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.80%

11. Voted Atlas - 100 Tonnage (444 votes [6.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.95%

12. King Crab - 100 Tonnage (189 votes [2.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.96%

13. Dire Wolf - 100 Tonnage (187 votes [2.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.93%

Vote

#41 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostTennex, on 03 July 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

If i were the one who had done it, i would have picked the K2 instead

That makes good sense!

#42 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

I will never use the Awesome but that mech was suffering badly so i gave it my vote.

#43 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

I suppose map scaling will be taken into account later on.

http://mwomercs.com/...ng-seems-wrong/

#44 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

this entire voting is obsolete!
ppl vote to have the mech rescaled /OP that they play most
rescaling has to be according Lore and game balance
not always lighter means smaller, espetially if talk about 5 tons, there are also other factors like steep climbing, acceleration, speed, total armor etc.
and as i see it also the developers take in account date of release of their mechs making newer=better

#45 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

Awesome can remain wide as a barn, if only it were shorter - say as tall as a current 50 tonner.

#46 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:08 PM

View Postmultisoul, on 03 July 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

this entire voting is obsolete!
ppl vote to have the mech rescaled /OP that they play most
rescaling has to be according Lore and game balance
not always lighter means smaller, espetially if talk about 5 tons, there are also other factors like steep climbing, acceleration, speed, total armor etc.
and as i see it also the developers take in account date of release of their mechs making newer=better

1) I don't think "obsolete" means what you think it means.
2) The votes are very clearly showing a monstrous bias in favour of the really problematic mechs: kit fox, trebuchet, catapult, centurion, awesome. These aren't mechs that are used a lot right now, so it's clearly not people picking their favourite mechs.
3) those mechs with the most votes? They're all low tier mechs that would be improved by better scaling. It wouldn't make them great, but it'd help. So, yeah, For Balance.
4) Power creep is a thing to some extent, but not tremendously bad. Of the previous set of packs, there's been a lot of mediocre mechs. . However, scaling has been a lot better recently: it's the original mechs where scaling is a severe problem, back from when they didn't really understand how much it mattered.

#47 Boris the Bulletdodger

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

Some dudes here......

Rescaling means reduction or increase in overall size. Some of you are asking for remodeling instead of rescaling. Come on people focus...

Anyway this poll doesn't make much sense because you don't get to specify WHAT they should do with the mechs you've chosen. Scaled Up? Scaled Down?

What if i choose the Atlas because i might think it's too big? Will they automatically think that i want it bigger? What if i want it smaller?

I mean come on make a better poll if you really care about what people want.It's like a gamble as it is. You bet on Atlas but you don't even know what you're going to get.

But you know you developers don't even really need to do this. It's democratic and all but not really needed. You can tell wich mechs need rescaling.

Set a standard PILOT SIZE and compare the height of each mech to him/her. Also compare him/her to the size of the cockpit. That's the best way if you ask me. A bit complicated but the results should be better.

For example the Atlas,if the cockpit is it's eye then the pilot is TINY because from the outside the cockpit is much smaller than almost any other cockpit of any other mech.So, the Atlas needs to get bigger, a lot bigger.
Same for the Stalker. The cockpit from the outside looks so small, yet from the inside it looks much bigger. So the pilot must be a SMURF or a DWARF or something.so, It should be a lot bigger

Now check a light mech,lets say a Firestarter. The cockpit is quite large compared to the body and compared to the cockpit of some Assault mechs. Now the cockpit from the inside doesn't look so big, so the pilot must be HUGE. So, the Firerstarter needs to get smaller.

Edited by Boris the Bulletdodger, 04 July 2015 - 12:41 AM.

#48 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

Voted for the Awesome. The mech is too wide, too thick, too tall and the hardpoints are too far down and too far apart. It is one of the few mechs that actually has to deal with convergence (or rather a lack thereof). While the Awesome is getting redone, how about an extra energy hardpoint for the Pretty Baby???

#49 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

The Warhawk has the same size as the Daishi - but 15 tons less...

So what should we do ?

Yes, shrink him...

#50 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

Definitely the Awesome; sure enough it's not just me. That thing has held the 'barn door' title for too long.

#51 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:33 AM

Perhaps rescale everything and wait to implement it untill the work is done. What a novel idea! Complete something before you call it completed! Let the game continue as screwed up as it is and actually get to the business of fixing it. The scale problem is a game wide issue and taking the next 3 years to revamp the size of every mech because you have to keep selling new mechs every few months is a ******** excuse for leaving your game in pos mode. Look at a technical readout. Do some freaking math. Make mechs the correct size the first time so you don't have to have ignorant polls like this and for the love of pete stop wasting our time.

#52 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:05 AM

I'm pretty curious how will the Awesome look when scaled to a size that's closer to a Zeus. Any volunteers?

Even then I'm not too confident that will raise its survivability much; might need some hitbox work as well.

#53 Scorpion Feet

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:12 AM

View PostBoris the Bulletdodger, on 04 July 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

Some dudes here......

Rescaling means reduction or increase in overall size. Some of you are asking for remodeling instead of rescaling. Come on people""" focus..."""

Anyway this poll doesn't make much sense because you don't get to specify WHAT they should do with the mechs you've chosen. Scaled Up? Scaled Down?

blah blah blah

I stoped reading there. Why don't you focus bro.

Read the announcement. It explains what they will do, and how this is a series of polls, the last of which will be to make them bigger or smaller.

Focus yourself, and read before you post.

#54 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

Being Awesome-fan all the time i am happy, that my lovely chassis will get appropriate scale.
But have to say, even with current ize, AWS piloting pretty well.

But man, what could you say about a barn called Battlemaster?
Why don't you seeing, that this is THE widest mech in game for a reason unknown?!
His sky-wide torsos, mountain-like shoulders and elephant-fat arms are somewhat you wouldn't expect from classic 85-tonner.
Posted Image

#55 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:26 AM

A old MW game Problem ...the Size of the Mechs

the Lights in MWO ok ,all other Mechs ,in MWO the double BT Size
Shadowhawk in BT have the Height of the Lenght of a M1 Abrams ~9,5m
Thunderbolt ~8,5m
all Other Mechs most ~10 m Height

with this ,the Mechs must faster run for the some Range in Time =not more easy big targets ,more and faster in Cover =Problem:Running Animations for all Other Medium,Heavy/AssaultMechs
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by CSJ Ranger, 04 July 2015 - 04:07 AM.

#56 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

OXI!

Oh sorry, wrong text.

AWESOME!!!!!111einself

#57 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

Oh and while you're at it, PLEASE GIVE US BETTER TEXTURES!

The Awesome looks so ugly up close. Just give us your 4K textures as a download option. Please.

#58 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostGrimReality, on 03 July 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Would this be the appropriate time & place to request that the Stalker's knees be reversed to the more traditional (albeit more awkward looking) human-knee bend, rather than the current chicken walker legs?

This along with increasing its size and/or decreasing the Catapult's size to better differentiate the two.
The original model (and art) looks a mess, with one knee bent forward, one knee bent backward, looking as though it's constantly about to fall over.

This version looks great.

#59 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:31 AM

Here are the current mechs, sidebyside:
Posted Image

Also for some, such as the Kit Fox, Adder and Mad Dogs issues would be helped significantly by lowering the torso, rather than the very extended legs.

#60 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostTennex, on 03 July 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Zeus, Stalker too small

While the Zeus should be a bit bigger, it would have Awesome syndrome if it were even larger, so I think it is fine. The Catapult comparison suggests to me that it is more oversized than the Zeus or Stalker, which I think are both scaled well enough for Assaults. The chassis that I think need the most changes are the Awesome, Battlemaster and Gargoyle. I am chuckling at the people suggesting that the Atlas needs to be redone, though the Warhawk could do with a slight narrowing of its profile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users