New River City Preview Video

103 replies to this topic

#81 ASHTAR0N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

The map really looks great, and I´m looking forward to destroy those statues, they blocked my off so often :lol: .

It only makes me sad, that the fighting will manly take place in the center area, meaning 70% of the map will be unused most of the time. Some kind of objective type gameplay (like the rush mode from battlefield) would be nice, where step by step you fight over each part of the map.

#82 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

View PostASHTAR0N, on 07 July 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:

The map really looks great, and I´m looking forward to destroy those statues, they blocked my off so often :lol: .

It only makes me sad, that the fighting will manly take place in the center area, meaning 70% of the map will be unused most of the time. Some kind of objective type gameplay (like the rush mode from battlefield) would be nice, where step by step you fight over each part of the map.

70% of the map is being unused in a battle... is the SINGLE most positive thing in this new river city (when its done right)... it means matches wont be repetitive... new options... new end results... new fighting grounds every match (for a while at least)

doing it right is all that matters... 70% of alpine is un-used either. But due to poorly designed map, the outcome and the battle ground is always the same... take the hill.

#83 GermanPartisan

• PipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:12 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 06 July 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

It is not Earth.

On top:
- Its SciFi
- Its 3050
- Its a game
- it looks cool
- Its Mechwarrior
- it may be a natural reserve of some kind - maybe a rare population of birds, frogs or butterflies lives on these rocks - and even though the city WANTED to blast them to pieces they got protested so hard they had to cave in ....
- its a historic site - indigenous people carved something into them to honor their spirit ancestors
- maybe its a art installation called "deceleration of the natural forces by imitating nature itself - a triumph of men over nature and men" it got erected by a group of streetartists over night - made out of a experimental polymer-resin stronger than steel .... they really tried to get it out of the way .... they really did ....

Edited by GermanPartisan, 07 July 2015 - 01:20 AM.

#84 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

would be cool if they open up that hill for some game modes oviasly in skirmish it would become a focus point but conquest could be ok.

#85 fousek69

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 22 posts
  • LocationShangri La

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

hopla, atomic powerplant

#86 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:38 AM

I hope in no more FPS drops....

#87 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

View PostGermanPartisan, on 07 July 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

On top:
- Its SciFi
- Its 3050
- Its a game
- it looks cool
- Its Mechwarrior
- it may be a natural reserve of some kind - maybe a rare population of birds, frogs or butterflies lives on these rocks - and even though the city WANTED to blast them to pieces they got protested so hard they had to cave in ....
- its a historic site - indigenous people carved something into them to honor their spirit ancestors
- maybe its a art installation called "deceleration of the natural forces by imitating nature itself - a triumph of men over nature and men" it got erected by a group of streetartists over night - made out of a experimental polymer-resin stronger than steel .... they really tried to get it out of the way .... they really did ....

it probably cannot be a natural reserve situated right in the city. i actually saw similar outlier rocks irl in the sea close to a city and far away. the difference in the amount of birds which live there was drastic; that's leaving aside that the dam further up the river undoubtedly had catastrophic consequences for any local rare species

i don't think that any planet in that universe has alien indigenous people, they all were settled from terra somewhere in the 3rd millenium

those are obviously natural buttes, not artificial monuments

me and jack shayu walker actually had a productive discussion on the previous page, i'm now more interested why that dam even exists (it's the key to those rocks too) and also where is the fence (consider http://www.secure-ma...rt_security.pdf), don't tell me that people never steal in that universe

View Postfousek69, on 07 July 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

hopla, atomic powerplant

didn't see any fence there either btw

View Postskorpionet, on 07 July 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

I hope in no more FPS drops....

this -_-

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 07 July 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#88 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

Why did it took 2 years after the 12 vs. 12 implementation, that somebody came to the idea that this map is not suitable for these matches ?

I don't know, but it seems that PGI recognized something at last.

Hopefully it will stopp the player losses at MWO.

#89 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

bwahahahaha, I get to have sweet revenge on those ******* statues!!!

#90 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

I like the time progression feature. The street lights actually turn on at Dusk!!

#91 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Are there plans to refine the tree physics in the future? I'd like to actually see them bend and shake a little instead of just toppling over.

#92 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

Thats the best: Kick those damn Statues.

I guess in the first games nobody shoots at each other... both teams stomps the damn Statues at the Citadel!

REVENGE!

#93 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

Intensipation anticifies... patching....

#94 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 07 July 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

70% of the map is being unused in a battle... is the SINGLE most positive thing in this new river city (when its done right)... it means matches wont be repetitive... new options... new end results... new fighting grounds every match (for a while at least)

doing it right is all that matters... 70% of alpine is un-used either. But due to poorly designed map, the outcome and the battle ground is always the same... take the hill.

Exactly. My BEST most FAVORITE matches for Terra Therma NEVER have battles in the centre, but rather off in one of the corners that drags the entirety of both teams over to them. Those matches, are fun. and I can see the same happening here. Sure, the centre is where 70% of the matches WILL take place, but the other 30% where one team or the other tries flanking around, those will be the memorable ones.

#95 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostGermanPartisan, on 07 July 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

This made my day :lol:

As for the map: IT LOOKS GORGEOUS!! nice work PGI!

#96 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 07 July 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

it probably cannot be a natural reserve situated right in the city. i actually saw similar outlier rocks irl in the sea close to a city and far away. the difference in the amount of birds which live there was drastic; that's leaving aside that the dam further up the river undoubtedly had catastrophic consequences for any local rare species

i don't think that any planet in that universe has alien indigenous people, they all were settled from terra somewhere in the 3rd millenium

those are obviously natural buttes, not artificial monuments

me and jack shayu walker actually had a productive discussion on the previous page, i'm now more interested why that dam even exists (it's the key to those rocks too) and also where is the fence (consider http://www.secure-ma...rt_security.pdf), don't tell me that people never steal in that universe

didn't see any fence there either btw

this -_-

Those rocks ARE the indigenous life form on the planet. They're just in their hibernation/chrysalis/metamorphic stage [pick one].

#97 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

View Postbar10jim, on 07 July 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Those rocks ARE the indigenous life form on the planet. They're just in their hibernation/chrysalis/metamorphic stage [pick one].

a silicon life form
say no to the carbon chauvinism!

http://tvtropes.org/...iliconBasedLife
https://en.wikipedia...rbon_chauvinism

#98 sCOREscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 859 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

I have played the new river city map in this moment the 4th time or so on and.....WOW.....WOW.....WOW...greatest map ever ! PGI...WOW ! Dynamic light, killing trees :-) so big the map...WOW !!!! Amazing !

Edited by sCOREscream, 08 July 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#99 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

My five cents after being there 4 or 5 times: It's an awesome map. Maybe there will be a routine for preferred routes and battlegrounds someday (nothing wrong with that too), but i think the map offers so many options it will be interesting for a very, very long time. Ok, personally i got quite low FPS but i was prepared for that bc i've got a very "low spec machine", no reason to blame someone else for it. If PGI promises to continue bringing that kind of stuff, it will be reasonable for me to upgrade or buy some appropriate hardware at last. I think in general there is a very right direction taken for the game. I have no doubt they work very hard to improve at every end of it.

#100 churchofjt

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

I absolutely love the new river city! The dynamic time is great. The new mix of cover and open areas is great. Dropships are ok, but since they never get to shoot anyone like they do in CW, they aren't great...yet. Keep up the great work, PGI!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users