The Official Urbanmech Celebration and Meme thread [Renamed]

310 replies to this topic

#81 william kane

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have a pure urbie only deck in the CCG, boy was it annoying as all hell.

Never really won a game though a friend I was battling nearly flipped the table :D

#82 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

I support this cause!

#83 Bucky Goldstein

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Arid-Zona Dessert (It's a DRY heat my A**)

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostHomadais, on 05 July 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

If you can surive in an urban mech. Then you sir are the most interesting man on earth.

That would mean I'm working for Comstar. I'd rather be the most interesting person on Tharkad. :D

#84 Jeremy Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationWDS Alexander or Northwind. Take your pick

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostSinnerX, on 05 July 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

Why do people climb Mount Everest? Why do people swim the English Channel? Why do people wrestle bears?

To defy all odds. To prove they are the best. To feel alive! That's what piloting an Urbanmech is all about.

Well, you could use a Firefly and fight an Atlas, and prolly get the same results - and not be R2D2's giant cousin.

View PostDagger6T6, on 05 July 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

in the next one please add a tophat to the Urbanmech

lulz

Sorry, the Catapult with a tophat was way better.

View PostRoguewolf, on 05 July 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Notice the number of people begging for an Urbie, and the number of people that think my little pony is cool. Its human stupidity my friend, and it is almost as common as elemental hydrogen in the universe.

"The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
Albert Einstein[color=#000000]

(Just a quote, don't spark a religous discussion please Q_Q )

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein

Not stupid. Just insane.

View PostBlack Storm, on 05 July 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

And in the news today:

Steiner occupation forces lost two lances of urbanmechs when rioters took to the roofs and started throwing bricks......

I just lol'd.

View PostTerror Teddy, on 05 July 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

TWO words:

URBANMECH TOURNAMENT

That's actually one compound word and a word. But hey, just details.

Edited by Jeremy Hunter, 05 July 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#85 Gelgoog

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

#86 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

I propose a solution:

Release a concept art of the Urbanmech to please the masses.

then

Never ever implement it into the game.

#87 Kane Demoncrest

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I think I lot of people who are against the Urbanmechs in the game fail to see a lot of points.
1. If the era of the game should center arround 3025, then the Urbanech belongs to one of the most common design in the Inner Sphere
2. If Factions have any role in the game when it comes to the availability of Mechs, then the Urbanmech should be a prime Mech of the Cappellan Confedracy
3. Those who played the board-game intensivly with advanced rules, know that the Urbanmech has its worth, not just in City fighting, but also i heavy terrain and as ambushers.
4. The Urbanmech may only have 10 heatsinks, but its main armament is a AC/10 which generates very little heat, and has enough firepower to bring down all Light Mechs with a sigle well placed shot, and easily troubles Medium Mechs up to 45 tons
5. I do believe this game will have the element of teamplay, and a team that uses an Urbanmech effectivly will have its successes
6. If I pilot a Medium, Heavy or Assault class Mech, my first choice of target among the light Mechs would be the Urbanmech if I am smart, because it has a AC/10 and Jumpjets, other light mechs might be faster and can jump further, but none of them feature anything like the AC/10

Edited by Kane Demoncrest, 05 July 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#88 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

No one would ever actually pilot this thing unless it was a free to buy starter mech or something. it's pretty crappy.

#89 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostHybridTheory, on 05 July 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

I just had a vision... picture a city... inside said city 4 Urban Mechs are patrolling down the street. I come racing around the corner in my Jenner loaded up with flamers and race through the middle, burning every Urbie in my path as I race by. Screaching to a halt I turn and watch as they pop like the little tin cans they are from overheating reactors.... damn... looks like the 4th of July... its... its.... BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

I would like to see you, an Urbie can full fire and still won't overheat with an Flamer on it, and ONE hit with the Ac/10 on your Jenner,
you will see SKY, Earth, SKY, Earth....
( a Jenner in TT don't can only absorb in center Torso a hit without damage on internal. one hit on your arm and you lost 2 Laser instand)

When you would try this and the Urbis hit with 50%... your mech will have damaged one urbi, and unlikely have penetrated his Armor, and your Mech would be hot and about breaking apart... and can't run because you are hot...
srry for spoiling dreams.

Edited by Elkarlo, 05 July 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#90 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

The real thing about the urbanmech is that it is a walking gun. A barely mobile turret. The UM-R60L is literally half weapon, with an AC/20, and still has similar armor to other light mechs. Oh yeah, it is very cheap, as in you can buy over two of them per hunchie, and you get jump jets! So, yeah, two per hunchie, with jump jets = urban combat win. Open terrain, not so much.

#91 Hypernaut

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostStone Profit, on 05 July 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

I know the tmeline and when MRMs show up, but I want the UM-68 - Eschewing the autocannon, this Draconis Combine variant carries an MRM-30. The added damage potential proved a nasty surprise to Clan Ghost Bear during the Combine-Ghost Bear War.

I would also take a UM-70 - The Federated Suns[6] -70 model is an upgrade that has greater potential than the -R63. The -70 uses Ferro-Fibrous armor and mounts a Rotary Autocannon/5, which can fire up to six times the normal rate of fire. For backup weapons, it carries an Extended Range Medium Laser and Extended Range Small Laser.

dude you totally missing the point - urbie ist cult just as it is - not some polished optimized killer variant!

#92 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

lol nice one gelgoog

#93 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 05 July 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

No one would ever actually pilot this thing unless it was a free to buy starter mech or something. it's pretty crappy.

You Urbanmech haters are playing with fire.
Posted Image

#94 Tenrai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDeep in Davion controlled space aboard the Overlord class dropship Nobara

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

They should put in the Urbie just so you can have a lemming run with them now and again...Just think of your opponents suprise to see 12 Urbies running at them...And wainting...And wainting...then....BOOM! They blow them alll up...Most of the game time being for the Urbies to get into engadgement range...(smirks)...

#95 Odweaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

They are cheap, sneaky, have a big gun, have good variant potential, and are always underestimated.
Even the clans thought the design was good and their variant mostly just provided the basic clan and starleague upgrades and threw in a bigger engine with the weight saved.
Other than the hollander I do not believe there are any other lights that can effectively mount a gauss.

UrbanMech Cost: 1,471,925 C-bills
Flea Cost: 1,728,000 C-bills

Edited by Odweaver, 05 July 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#96 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostBuck Rogers, on 05 July 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

You trashcan haters are playing with garbage.
Posted Image

nah, i could just quickly walk away from it.

Edited by phinja, 05 July 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#97 Gelgoog

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostTenrai, on 05 July 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

They should put in the Urbie just so you can have a lemming run with them now and again...Just think of your opponents suprise to see 12 Urbies running at them...And wainting...And wainting...then....BOOM! They blow them alll up...Most of the game time being for the Urbies to get into engadgement range...(smirks)...

pffft..we all know this is how the urbie works.

(Visual approximation)

#98 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

urb2derp2.

#99 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

A Battlemech matryoshka doll would be extremely cool.

Imp --> Flashman --> Jagermech --> Urbanmech --> Mech Pilot?

#100 takashi

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.nilaya112.com/tracking.html

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostZnSeventeen, on 05 July 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

The real thing about the urbanmech is that it is a walking gun. A barely mobile turret. The UM-R60L is literally half weapon, with an AC/20, and still has similar armor to other light mechs. Oh yeah, it is very cheap, as in you can buy over two of them per hunchie, and you get jump jets! So, yeah, two per hunchie, with jump jets = urban combat win. Open terrain, not so much.

Yeah, im no urbanmech fan. but it is a valid point really... and just to really overstate it, go Urbie vs Daishi... your wandering into an enemy city in your 30 million cbill asault mech feeling all smug and secure, and you find the local garisson commander spent his 30 million cbills on 20 UM-R60L's... thats 20 flying AC/20's... I have to believe that any pilot in a Daishi who suddenly came under fire from 20 AC/20's at the same time would no longer be having fun!!!

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users