Jordan Weisman And Hbs To Bring Turn Based Battletech To Pc!

84 replies to this topic

#41 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

"Thing's are looking up." - Specture 1 from Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries.

#42 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 29 July 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yeah, it looks like Russ is up in arms over the whole thing.

2 hours agoNorth Vancouver, British Columbia

Russ Bullock ‏@russ_bullock 2h2 hours ago North Vancouver, British Columbia
Very excited for the @WeBeHarebrained announcement of a turn based #BattleTech game.

Russ Bullock @russ_bullock
Also excited to have an agreement in place with @WeBeHarebrained to bring art style consistency back to the brand.
11:04 AM - 29 Jul 2015 · North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Yeah, but he looks like this while cheering them on.

Posted Image

#43 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

PGI and HBS are collaborating on the art style. I think this is great. You can do the top down for some turn based, then hop in your favourite mech to see it from the cockpit with MWO :)

#44 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 July 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

They're probably collaborating.
I also do believe that Russ and the guy behind Harebrained Schemes are friends.

I hope they do. Maybe that some pack owners here get something from Hairbrained and vice versa so that people get hooked to both games

#45 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostRedDevil, on 29 July 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

You can do the top down for some turn based, then hop in your favourite mech to see it from the cockpit with MWO :)

I'll be doing the first part only. Second part = Nope.JPG . Although I do hop into the cockpit in my favorite Mech in MW2, 3, or 4 on occasion. Good times.

Hopping into a Mech in MWO is slightly different experience as the dark, somber reality of "f2p" sets in - "Your top pick of 4 mediocre, non-skilled-up Mechs against players with skilled-up 120 Mech Packs, super customized Gundams, enjoy!"

"Hop into your other favorite Mech after grinding and grinding for 30+ hours for c-bills in endless deathmatch slogs; want to be 'esport competitive' well kiddo its time to grind out 2 more of the same Mechs, don't worry about those variant names - it'll pretty much do the same thing - and don't forget to grab some modules! P.S. Don't forget you can pay 2 not grind for Mechs, come on over this way to the store and take a look, check out these amazing prices for 4 virtual Mechs for more than 2 or 3 premium video games."

"But... I just played this new other BattleTech game and I had all 300+ Mechs for 50 bucks what gives man?"

"Oh boy howdy, my newly, freshly minted 97.2 km/h Commando has the same exact build as BattleTech, can I play in a super cool BattleTech only mode?"

#46 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

Huzah!!!! More BT!!

#47 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

kickstarter...for a Battletech game, yeah right...

Promise a Ferrari, produce a dump truck...

Never again

#48 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 29 July 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

I hope they do. Maybe that some pack owners here get something from Hairbrained and vice versa so that people get hooked to both games

If both companies are working together to some degree on this that would indeed be a nice little bonus to get people from both games involved in the other. That being said I doubt it happens, but it will be interesting to see as more and more information is revealed on this Battletech project.

#49 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 29 July 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

If both companies are working together to some degree on this that would indeed be a nice little bonus to get people from both games involved in the other. That being said I doubt it happens, but it will be interesting to see as more and more information is revealed on this Battletech project.

Yes interesting times for Mechwarrior Online. How will this effect the game if at all?

#50 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

wasnt there already a turn base battletech game and didnt fail miserably

#51 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

Adopting PGI's mech designs also canonizes them. Now you know, PGI's designs now officially canon.

PGI should market MWO in Russia because the player base there loves F2P games about big, massive, metal things. But when it comes to turn based games, there is one country with a player base that loves this --- Japan --- something Jordan should reconsider (first attempt to market BT in Japan failed long time ago).

But also, turn base or any form of 2D strategy game, also thrives much more on mobile, and making one for an iPad or Android tablet should be a consideration later.

#52 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:54 PM

question, what are the odds of them bring an updated Crescent Hawks inception & revenge back to the PC?

Of course if they did bring us a updated remake they would have to have superior writer to do an updated story for the game.

Edited by VinJade, 29 July 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#53 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

I like how the imagery so far impresses a sense of scale. Something I don't always feel from MWO.

Hopefully the game will be robust with both a single player and pvp element. I'm guessing there will be a GTCTA element like we have here.

#54 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

I hope the new TT game factors in the new Lore stuff like Ghost Heat, 90m ECM jesus bubbles, double armor, quirks, TRUE balance between IS and Clan like PGI has done, and 12 on 12 mixed team death matches.

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 29 July 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#55 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostAnjian, on 29 July 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Adopting PGI's mech designs also canonizes them. Now you know, PGI's designs now officially canon.

Actually, they are not. CGL/FASA/WizKids/ROC-published materials are canon.
Computer games are not canon - the best you can get is that you can pretend that generally they could be part of the BattleTech universe until something in actual canon materials contradicts them.

#56 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

View Postmartian, on 29 July 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Actually, they are not. CGL/FASA/WizKids/ROC-published materials are canon.
Computer games are not canon - the best you can get is that you can pretend that generally they could be part of the BattleTech universe until something in actual canon materials contradicts them.

At the very least, we know that Ascended Fanon is a thing in Battletech lore, as seen with Megamek systems in House Steiner and Deimos Assault Mech from Mektek.

#57 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

View Postbadaa, on 29 July 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

wasnt there already a turn base battletech game and didnt fail miserably

That's because they stopped developing it for 10 months, while still selling game packages for a broken Alpha.

IGP, everyone. Could have been alright...had they changes some important aspects. Done properly, it could be glorious.

#58 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

Man, IGP really screwed stuff up. It's pretty much one of the biggest culprits for the state MWO was in prior to PGI buying IGP out.

#59 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

View PostNephyrisX, on 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

At the very least, we know that Ascended Fanon is a thing in Battletech lore, as seen with Megamek systems in House Steiner and Deimos Assault Mech from Mektek.

1) Deimos has become a part of the BattleTech canon "after" it was published in TRO3085, not before.
2) What "Megamek systems in House Steiner" are you talking about? Were they mentioned in some sourcebook?

#60 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

View Postmartian, on 29 July 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

1) Deimos has become a part of the BattleTech canon "after" it was published in TRO3085, not before.
2) What "Megamek systems in House Steiner" are you talking about? Were they mentioned in some sourcebook?

In that case, was it Mektek or the TRO that first introduced the Deimos.

I can't remember where exactly, but I remember Megamek was referenced in lore. For all I know, I could be hallucinating. DX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users