82 replies to this topic

#41 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

Most people are upset because they can't seem to abstract from what the new baseline is to what it could be. I would really like if someone could do some data entry or extraction and post an excel sheet of the quirks so collated proposals could be made. I don't have the time unfortunately.

#42 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

View Postorcrist86, on 12 September 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

Most people are upset because they can't seem to abstract from what the new baseline is to what it could be. I would really like if someone could do some data entry or extraction and post an excel sheet of the quirks so collated proposals could be made. I don't have the time unfortunately.

When the baseline of a Mist Lynx amounts to a nerf... and the Timberwolf amounts to a buff.... it's hard to decipher whether they had any idea in the first place.

#43 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 September 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

When the baseline of a Mist Lynx amounts to a nerf... and the Timberwolf amounts to a buff.... it's hard to decipher whether they had any idea in the first place.

Don't mistake the values for the overhaul. The overhaul is the new set of quirk types. The values are essentially arbitrary until testing provides good data

#44 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

A LIGHT MECH
WITH TARGETTING DELAY
Posted Image
LOLLLLLLLL

#45 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

How da hell is possible to think that there will be a balance in this way?

It is not the armor or movement perks that kill enemy mechs, but weapons.

No more heat quirks/range quirks/cooldown quirks? We will have what we've already had when Clan mechs just came out.

Far better the balance we have now.

#46 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

So is Mike Force still the trainwreckmastermind in charge of quirks... or... wot.

#47 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

What did they do to my Vindicator 1AA? ok.....i'll make do. I'll adapt just like i always do.

#48 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

View Postorcrist86, on 12 September 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

Don't mistake the values for the overhaul. The overhaul is the new set of quirk types. The values are essentially arbitrary until testing provides good data

So... some of the hero mechs getting buffs are intentionally arbitrary to sell them back on the real server?

It's not hard to see through some of this.

#49 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 September 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

So... some of the hero mechs getting buffs are intentionally arbitrary to sell them back on the real server?

It's not hard to see through some of this.
buying unbuffed hero mechs on live due to first pass obviously broken pts data? You've got to be kidding me. Anybody that stupid deserves what they get...

But really, that's a stretch. Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to stupidity. It's not some machevillian scheme to sell heroes.

#50 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 September 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

buying unbuffed hero mechs on live due to first pass obviously broken pts data? You've got to be kidding me. Anybody that stupid deserves what they get...

But really, that's a stretch. Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to stupidity. It's not some machevillian scheme to sell heroes.

Just explain how the Spider-5V deserves its nerfs vs the Spider hero that has... all the durability quirks.

While nothing is guaranteed to translate in the future (as in, these stats won't be live anytime soon... we'd hope), it doesn't even make sense.

#51 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

can explain to me what in the eff is going on!??!!?? this is the new balance system or the best troll thread EVER??!?!?!

i mean atlas's and awesomes with huge agility bonus's makes for a good laugh before i even scrolled the way down, and enforcer with -3500% torso twist umm wot??? a tbr with -50% agility lol?

they think info warfare means annihilate target aquisition times on certain mechs?? LMFAO

how add some content and depth to the game PGI, liek umm i dunno active/passive rdr, c3 targeting comp's, angel/guardian ecm

WTF!??!?!?!?!!??!

omg the SMN's actually have nerfs applied to them LMAO

Edited by Summon3r, 12 September 2015 - 09:11 AM.

#52 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

I am not going to point out the glaring problems because I can exploit the Fudge out this bullsheet:)

#53 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 September 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

Just explain how the Spider-5V deserves its nerfs vs the Spider hero that has... all the durability quirks.

While nothing is guaranteed to translate in the future (as in, these stats won't be live anytime soon... we'd hope), it doesn't even make sense.

The only way it makes sense is either:

1) They were high when they were setting initial values;
or
2) They are deliberately experimenting with extreme quirks in places to see how they work out in practice, and this is a data/telemetry gathering endeavour not a "We think this is a good set of quirks, what do you think?" test.

Both are more likely than that it's a ridiculous attempt to sell Spider hero mechs. That's just absurd.

Edited by Wintersdark, 12 September 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#54 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:31 AM

Thank you!

#55 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 September 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

or
2) They are deliberately experimenting with extreme quirks in places to see how they work out in practice, and this is a data/telemetry gathering endeavour not a "We think this is a good set of quirks, what do you think?" test.

Both are more likely than that it's a ridiculous attempt to sell Spider hero mechs. That's just absurd.

Stop it with the rational thought. The reactionary masses won't stand for it.

#56 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 September 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

You know exactly where this is going. :P

or

Even with that logic, you don't give the durability quirks to the variant that doesn't need it (the 5V needs all the help it can get) AND not give it more negative quirks to play with. For instance, the 5D getting more negative quirks would have made some sense over the 5V... by ANY stretch of logic.

Then again, it doesn't even make sense how the 5K still got screwed.

It doesn't matter either way - you'd have to place the quirks in a more logical fashion... instead of something completely haphazard as what is currently there.

#57 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Burktross, 12 September 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#58 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

I do like the look of the IS structure buffs. That makes sense. Clans pack more firepower, IS are tougher. It should even out TTK if done right.

I don't understand how we've gone from ridiculous weapon quirks (-40% cooldown had to go) to no weapon buffs at all. It would make more sense just to strip it back to subtle buffs for certain weapon classes - -10% ballistic cooldown, -5% energy heat generation.

I'm all for favouring mixed loadouts, but the chassis that only have one weapon group are going to get hurt.

#59 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostSoy, on 12 September 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

So is Mike Force still the trainwreckmastermind in charge of quirks... or... wot.

Doesn't seem that way (emphasis mine):

Hey everyone. I'm still around but haven't had as much time to be on the forums lately due to having other duties to attend to. We are still reading your feedback and as some in here have said, this is a first pass on things. I can't speak directly to the methodology as I wasn't directly involved in the design of it (see the part about other duties above.)

Edited by stjobe, 12 September 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#60 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for this. Clan mechs need their omnipod quirks displayed, not the overall chassis quirks with omnipods equipped.

Edited by Mizeur, 12 September 2015 - 10:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users