• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 21 September 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Do you even think about these question before you ask them?

I wonder...

How does a multi billion dollar company do something with vast resources, budget, and manpower do that another with none of those assets does not?

you will not detect irony, even if it kicks your butt.

#42 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:55 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 21 September 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

What rules?

Where does it say that my ******** connect is breaking the rules?

Next game

Any question why I give two sailing schlitz about the "rules" that didn't qualify 300.

It's in the code of conduct:

Exploiting / Griefing / Non-Participation
Our definition of Exploiting / Griefing includes:
Wilfully or repeatedly destroying Teammate or Lancemate 'Mechs.
Wilfully or repeatedly self-destructing one's 'Mech by Overheating or going Out-of-Bounds
Wilfully or repeatedly disconnecting during a match.
Wilfully or repeatedly spamming in-game chat.
Persistent non-participation in core game mechanics.
Wilfully or repeatedly taking advantage of an issue for personal gain.

Three Strikes...you're out!

Edited by Aphoticus, 21 September 2015 - 05:56 AM.

#43 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostAmsro, on 21 September 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

But I don't see how punishing players for attempting to complete the challenge in the most time effective manner makes sense.

Event or no event, you know that non-paricipation, read: DC, is not allowed.

It does not matter. Since you have not been playing since Saturday you have no idea how horrible the solo queue is due to that mentality. Play for a few hours today. Go see for yourself. See how effective it is for you to get your points when half, yes HALF, your team DC's. How effective is it now for you to get your points now that half your team has INTENTIONALLY DC'd?

But that is OK now that your screwed, so long as the DC has a more effective time getting points? So catering to the selfish solo players with no re guard for others nor the rules is the way to go?

How about we 'punish' those self absorbed solo players that DC intentionally over and over for self gain at the cost of others.

You know since it is harmful to the game as a whole, everyone that drops with them, and a clear cut case of CoC violations?

View PostAmsro, on 21 September 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

If the guy making the rules makes the mistake who should be at fault?

Hello PGI!! Nice event!

Don't come crying here when you get warned/banned for repeatedly DCing.

Or do, funny either way.

#44 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:59 AM

Posted Image

Literally 15 minutes ago.

Just didn't need that map (like always)

To much RNG.

#45 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostTitannium, on 21 September 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

you will not detect irony, even if it kicks your butt.

Reading your post history, one can never tell.

#46 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:12 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 21 September 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Event or no event, you know that non-paricipation, read: DC, is not allowed.

It does not matter. Since you have not been playing since Saturday you have no idea how horrible the solo queue is due to that mentality. Play for a few hours today. Go see for yourself. See how effective it is for you to get your points when half, yes HALF, your team DC's. How effective is it now for you to get your points now that half your team has INTENTIONALLY DC'd?

But that is OK now that your screwed, so long as the DC has a more effective time getting points? So catering to the selfish solo players with no re guard for others nor the rules is the way to go?

How about we 'punish' those self absorbed solo players that DC intentionally over and over for self gain at the cost of others.

You know since it is harmful to the game as a whole, everyone that drops with them, and a clear cut case of CoC violations?

Don't come crying here when you get warned/banned for repeatedly DCing.

Or do, funny either way.

You gotta stop making your posts personal. I WILL NOT BE DISCONNECTING.

I just find your mind set amusing.

-You say ban those that disconnect
-You say the weekend sucks
-But you won't blame PGI

You cannot ban them all, that is for sure. Once the damn was broken and the winning scores obviously gamed people stopped caring since PGI doesn't either.

Hence why I stopped playing this weekend. Pretty comical out there.

#47 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 21 September 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Your mother can go away, and if you are waiting on an apology, hold your breath

My apologies; I just think; no, hope is the better word, that a paradigm shift can be achieved in the way some think about others and themselves.

An example, my son, 9 years old, is at that stage he blames everyone but himself. It is not his fault, I blame myself, and it has been hard, regardless of the time spent to teach him otherwise; there just is no rule book for it.

Some people are just wired differently, and I think that learning the hard way may be the only way some people learn (though it may not work anyways); took me until my late 30's to see the wisdom in it (the son is like the father in many ways, sadly).

Edited by Aphoticus, 21 September 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#48 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:17 AM

What's that Yokaiko guy trying to proof here?

Can anybody explain?! Is this that "trolling" thing anybody's talking about ? :D

#49 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,960 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostAmsro, on 21 September 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

You miss my point, if the already low player base count gets thinned due to a ****** event, then the remaining %75 will have also been punished.

So who wins?

Less douchebags thinking they can get away with whatever they want, sounds good to me.

#50 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostArctourus, on 21 September 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

nothing more to add.

except people were getting disco penalty even when doing things by the rules.

I personatly had 2 disconnect counted while I NEVER leaved before getting blowed up.

#51 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

As PGI would care. They are not listening to Feedback in the forums anyway and only on Twitter if they like what they see there. And they don't enforce their own rules.

#52 Belazaar

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 21 September 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

Had no Trouble with DCs so far, only 1 Raven that did run 6 mins off the clock...

I've had 1 or 2 in every game I've played.

#53 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:20 AM

View PostMister D, on 21 September 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

Less douchebags thinking they can get away with whatever they want, sounds good to me.

AKA PGI event planners.. people keep forgetting who created this problem.

This isn't a everyday, all day every week problem.

So where does it come from, the EVENT.

#54 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 21 September 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

My apologies; I just think; no, hope is the better word, that a paradigm shift can be achieved in the way some think about others and themselves.

An example, my son, 9 years old, is at that stage he blames everyone but himself. It is not his fault, I blame myself, and it has been hard, regardless of the time spent to teach him otherwise, there just is no rule book for it.

Some people are just wired differently, and I think that learning the hard way may be the only way some people learn (though it may not work anyways).

I'm not your son I made no excuses.

I said there was a distinct reason for my behavior.

Oh and last game, its literally dumb luck, so much for challenge.
Posted Image
[Posted Image

#55 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

A distinct reason for one's behavior?

It's a social problem. It's an individual problem. If one thinks this is a game related issue or a PGI Event issue, it goes to proving that it is as I said; accountability and responsibility are lacking in the individuals who decided to use the excuse of the PGI created Event to disregard the Code of Conduct.

I have said my peace. Good day.

Edited by Aphoticus, 21 September 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#56 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 September 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

Your son is still relatively young and is simply tapping into his self-preservation instincts. PGI on the other hand, being comprised of adults, should have foreseen wat a debacle this challenge was going to turn into. How do you not see this?

A picture is worth a thousand words.. too bad they aren't worth 400 points :P

Your screenshots say it all. BEAUTIFUL.

(Agreed, on the son part; I get it, but I didn't have a father, so, hopefully, it won't take him as long as it took me)

Alright, one last thing, and others have already said it...

One's behavior (not sure if this word is the right word in the context) is a choice; regardless of the events that take place in our lives, our actions, whether right or wrong, have consequences.

Blaming others for the choices we make, no matter how difficult that choice may be to make or whether the circumstances surrounding that choice make it seem impossible to choose a path other than the one presented (perceived; this is an important distinction to make), is still the individual's choice.

We, you, are ultimately responsible, not someone or something else, for that choice.

Yes, PGI presented many with a choice, that in their minds may seem a path set before them was, to them, no choice at all, yet many chose otherwise. Why is that, and why is it that those who chose one way, which was against the code of conduct, decided it was the right choice for them? And, why is it that "they" cannot see that that choice is theirs to make (or do "they" and choose the path of least resistance anyways)?

Edited by Aphoticus, 21 September 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#57 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 21 September 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

I'm not your son I made no excuses.

I said there was a distinct reason for my behavior.

Oh and last game, its literally dumb luck, so much for challenge.
Posted Image
[Posted Image

Hey Yokaiko, can you post your two scores side by side showing your 1kill/480dmg/349score and your 4kill/412dmg/281 match score? This will emphasize how ridiculous the scoring to qualify is.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 September 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#58 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 September 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Hey Yokaiko, can you post your two scores side by side showing your 1kill/480dmg/349score and your 4kill/412dmg/281 match score? This will emphasize how ridiculous the scoring to qualify is.

Lemme look.

Heres a good one

Posted Image
Posted Image

Holy ****.

I uploaded pretty much every screenie I took during the tourney into that bucket so knock yourself out.

Edited by Yokaiko, 21 September 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#59 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 21 September 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

One's behavior is a choice; regardless of the events that take place in our lives, our actions, whether right or wrong, have consequences.

Blaming others for the choices we make, no matter how difficult that choice may be to make or whether the circumstances surrounding that choice make it seem impossible to choose a path other than the one presented, is still the individuals choice.

We, you, are ultimately responsible, not someone or something, for that choice.

Yes, PGI presented many with a choice, that in their minds seem a path set before them was no choice at all, yet many chose otherwise. Why is that, and why is that those who chose one way that was against the code of conduct decided it was the right choice for them? And, why is it that they cannot see it?

Wow, thanks dad.

Let me lay out the good word for you. This is a game to most people, they are here for fun. If they get frustrated after 36+ hours of not seeing a single map they will likely either find something else to play or throw the Code of Conduct to the wind as they are simply here for fun and not some grand moral stand.

In my clan account I ground out the CW even 100% legit (my unit did demonstrate how CW could be broken but I was in my IS account, for which I never tried or actually completed the challenge, at the time and we did it for a total of 3 games on 2 maps) simply because I'm sick and have nothing better to do. If I had been feeling better I would not have even played this challenge.

If someone got frustrated to the point they were DCing I honestly could careless. If your moralizing over a video game and feel that sinking 36+ hours in front of a computer monitor all weekend is worth it then you probably have larger problems than burnout at this point.

I'm out of the discussion at this point as watching a bunch of people moralize a game based around imaginary stompy robots and a broken tournament is sad.

To all of you people with your moral indignation I don't think you understand that most simply don't care about grand video game ideals after having a rough week at work and wanting to unwind. Feel free to post your indignation and anger though as it is probably therapeutic for you.

Edited by Blueduck, 21 September 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#60 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 21 September 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

(Agreed, on the son part; I get it, but I didn't have a father, so, hopefully, it won't take him as long as it took me)

One's behavior is a choice; regardless of the events that take place in our lives, our actions, whether right or wrong, have consequences.

Blaming others for the choices we make, no matter how difficult that choice may be to make or whether the circumstances surrounding that choice make it seem impossible to choose a path other than the one presented, is still the individuals choice.

We, you, are ultimately responsible, not someone or something, for that choice.

Yes, PGI presented many with a choice, that in their minds seem a path set before them was no choice at all, yet many chose otherwise. Why is that, and why is that those who chose one way that was against the code of conduct decided it was the right choice for them? And, why is it that they cannot see it?

Are you following coc simply because it is coc or because it makes sense (in this circumstance). My guess it is NOT the latter. Friend, when something does not make sense, don't go into that gentle night quietly, stand up and be HEARD. Let those buggers know they are wrong and to fix this! This will make a great example for your son.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 September 2015 - 06:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users