• The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:00 AM

Trying this with MAD-3R

1 Gauss
3 ER Large Lasers
45 rounds gauss ammo

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...49a5ddfde2d86a0

Earlier used almost the same build with 2 AC5's in place of the gauss.

Tried earlier with a 300XL engine but lack of basic techs and smaller engine made it hard to turn fast enough to shoot lights.

#162 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:13 AM

Dabbling in Youtube, check out my Bounty Hunter build, absolutely awesome match

https://youtu.be/SNpDlHv-1p8

#163 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

I highly suggest the double LBX10 Marauder guys. Less range than an AC/5 MAD but still high DPS, and better for hit & torso twisting.

They were really good before, but since the last patch they became really really good. :

Inner Sphere LB10-X
Projectile Spread reduced from 1.3m to 0.9m.

Try them out, the LB10 buff is really huge actually ! (you can shoot like 100-150m further)

Here are the 2 possible builds I suggest =>

-5M
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...37d012bee75aa05
Better burst, worse quirks. Actually use this one, even if I think the 3R variant might be better.

&

-3R
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...adc9073a51cc771
Better quirks, better heat efficiency, 1 more ton of ammunitions. Would use this one if I wasn't using a fun PPC build on it.

Edited by Veolfen, 22 April 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#164 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:10 AM

I do not know why everyone is always putting just SRM4s in the 5D. My build is using max armor, JJ, STD 300 engine, 5 MPLs and 2 ASRM6s (56 points alpha dmg). It is an absolutely devastating brawler, but over 270 meters almost useless though...

For the 3R I am running the dual LBX10 + 4 ML build quite successfully.

#165 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 20 April 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Trying this with MAD-3R

1 Gauss
3 ER Large Lasers
45 rounds gauss ammo

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...49a5ddfde2d86a0

Earlier used almost the same build with 2 AC5's in place of the gauss.

Tried earlier with a 300XL engine but lack of basic techs and smaller engine made it hard to turn fast enough to shoot lights.

Gauss in an ST with an XL engine isn't that great of an idea. Even if you are just fighting at range with it & ER LLs, you get taken out way too quickly.

#166 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

View PostThomster, on 04 April 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

MAR-3D(S) Francis Drake

Elite'd, 300Std, 4x ML, 2x LB-X10 (5t / 100 shots), AMS, Endo, DoubleHeatsinks, Modules: Radar deprevation / LB-X reload / LB-X range / Seismic

I'm pretty much running the same build on my 3R. No AMS, though, and half a ton of additional ammo. The LB-X certainly feels more worthwhile than it did pre-patch. Got a similar loadout on my Warhammer 6R - that one got two AC10s, though, alongside the four MLas. Surprised how well the MAD holds up with its LB-X's, but that's at least partially due to how hard it can be to take down as long as you twist to protect your guns.

#167 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:29 AM

Havent read through all of these, so I hope these builds havent been posted yet.
First thing to say: Dont put a xl in the marauder, for gods sake! Theyre damn tanky and you can have a lot of firepower left with one torso shot off! So my Marauders all got a STD300, not that fast, I know, but fast enough to me. (I mostly use them in FP, so maybe a little less ammo somewhere is also okay).

Bounty Hunter:
6 med lasers and AC20, 4 1/2 t of ammo, rest Heatsinks
[can use left side as shield pretty good, lasers have quirked range and short before shutdown I only use the ac20, mech cools down then (slowly, but he does)]

5D:
3LPL and 2 med pulse, 3JJ´s (may be switched to heat sinks, depends on your playstyle), rest heat sinks
[put the 3 LPL on the right side and again, left side can be used as a shield since most firepower is on one side]

3R:
3xAC5, 4 sml laser, 5t ammo (only Marauder I dont use in FP)
[got a shield torso again..]

5M:
2xUAC5, 4 med Pulse, 5 1/2 t Ammo
[another shield torso! Thats the reason why you dont put XL Engines into these!]

Have a great day MechWarriors!

#168 Eakani Eicis

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

I use those with solid results in FP:

Edit : This dropdeck is made for attacking, i use different mechs for defending.

Dropdeck: 3R,5M,5D and a Locust ( you could use a commando instead )

3R and 5M:

2 x UAC5 + 6 1/2T Ammo , 4 ML, 310STD+2DH , (DH,FF,ES and max Armor)

Weapon Modules : UAC5 cooldown, ML range

Fast,durable and works perfect on hot maps if you focus on the ballistics.

Alternative : 300STD without FF and AMS+1/2T Ammo or drop 1 1/2 T UAC Ammo to make room for the AMS

Alternative 2 : switch ML to SL and put in a 320STD

5D:

2 SRM6+A + 4T Ammo , 4 MPL, 1 ML, 310STD+2DH , 6 DH, (Artemis, DH, ES and max Armor)

Weapon Modules : SRM6 cooldown , MPL range

Just a solid working build.

Alternative : Drop 1 MPL and use 1 SL and 1 AMS+1T Ammo.

Edited by Eakon, 19 May 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#169 IQcreditscore

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

Dunno why I really dislike my marauder 3r. Eventually with the 2uac5 build you have to facetime sooner or later and that torso twist is less effective without gimping on why you have uac's in the first place. Pretty sure it will feel more tanky with ac5's. Not doing terribly in it atm it just doesn't feel tanky as any ac focused build puts most of your eggs in one basket. Currently running 2 uac5's and an ac2 with 3 med lasers on the offhand. Works better than the 3 ac build for me for whatevere reason and the ac2 makes sure the dakka never ends.

I really do dislike the platform in the 3r at least. Energy is too hot, ac builds are too centrally focused and running around with just a couple med lasers sucks. It plays more like a flanking heavy to keep that torso to me than what I can do with say my thunderbolts. I know tbolts are traditionally seen as soft but having a deadside or just twisting seems to spread better than the marauders huge shoot me here torsos.

Maybe I am doing something minor wrong, or push it too hard for a 75 tonner but it seems less survivable than a 65 ton tbolt with a lot less alpha in most configs for the 3r.

#170 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

Flintcoin, try the double LBX 10 (100 ammo) +4 MLAS instead of the AC5.
It feels way more adapted for the twisting.

#171 IQcreditscore

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostVeolfen, on 20 May 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

Flintcoin, try the double LBX 10 (100 ammo) +4 MLAS instead of the AC5.
It feels way more adapted for the twisting.

I actually tried it last night before I read this post. Running a little heavier on ammo but after figuring out to never get caught 1 on 1 till mid late game it seems to work better for me. Birdshot sniping for a bit then wrecking hurt mechs with the crit abilities of the lbx. Killed more kodiaks than I lost to by softening them from a distance with buckshot then using the meds to help open the ct. Works ok as a sniping platform from 600-900m as the quirks keep the damage decent while exposure time is limited. I am staggering the lbx's firing as it seems to panic a lot of players (although the damage they are receiving is pretty minimal but spread). Doesn't seem to be a damage breakout mech but capable of 600-800 games on occasion, but gets a lot of kills and broken components. I like it better than the facetime maxed ac5/uac5 builds.

#172 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

I use this setup on the 5M, and I find it better than on the 3R.
If you want to try it, slightly reduce the engine, add 1 MLAS, 2 or 4 jjs, and enjoy the flanking !

#173 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:01 AM

View PostVeolfen, on 22 April 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

I highly suggest the double LBX10 Marauder guys. Less range than an AC/5 MAD but still high DPS, and better for hit & torso twisting.

They were really good before, but since the last patch they became really really good. :

Inner Sphere LB10-X
Projectile Spread reduced from 1.3m to 0.9m.

Try them out, the LB10 buff is really huge actually ! (you can shoot like 100-150m further)

I had this build before and deciced on double UAC/5 instead and seemed to do better. Might go back to double LB10-X and see how it goes

#174 gerOZ

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

BHII with 56 alpha
Usual play.
https://youtu.be/MyPvqvQPof8

#175 Derpy the Daedra

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

in the 5M I'm running the stock engine with near-max armor with x2 AC/2s, 3 med lasers and 2 large lasers, nice for long-med range poking but I have to chainfire all the lasers (even with 10 double heat sinks jeez)

#176 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostgerOZ, on 25 May 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

BHII with 56 alpha
Usual play.
https://youtu.be/MyPvqvQPof8

Why not LPL+5ML instead of 6MPL?
This way you get much more range (even more due to the quirks) for about the same money and are not restricted to brawl. Only disadvantage I see is a tiny bit more heat, but totally worth it.

After just watching your vid I tested this variation of you build (had an energy-only vomit before) and wouldn't trade for MPL.

Edit:
Inspired by this experiment, I am trying a 5D atm with a somehow similar hybrid-brawl:
3 LPL + 2 ASRM6 + XL225
It had max 3LPL+2MPL+2SRM4 (w/o A) before but I like it's new heat efficiency, I think. I'd have to compare again, both is viable. The latter one, with much lasvomit and SRM4, makes little use of it's missile cooldown quirk because it comes ot shorter than the laser's one. SRM6's 4s -20% fits much better with the LPL's 3.25s. In addition, since this MAD variant has heat gen instead of range quirks, in contrast to the BH2, it is more brawly anyway. Compared to lasvomit+SRM4 it has only 4 less alpha (on 220m) but 6 less heat and enough SMR ammo for an entire game, not just for backup. The spread of SRM4 (3.5) and ASRM6 (4.5-25%=3,38) is about the same, the latter one even slightly better.

I'm not sure if I keep the AC20 on the BH2 - this mech is just too good for pure mid-range laservomit - but the 5D will probably keep it's SRM6.

Edit2:
Now I tested the BH2 with about the same build but AC10 instead of AC20 and 2 more ML. I can imagine this build to be better. It is closer to the righteously feared laservomit and the gets additional range with the AC10, being able to use all weapons on mid range. On the other hand, a cold ballistic weapon is a smart addition to the hot laser stuff. The pinpoint 20 dmg of the AC20 have no value since the lasers hit a different region most of the times anyway.
Another option could be the LBX, but it would not work on mid range again.

Further testing tomorrow.

Edit3:
(BH2 cont.)
Thought to the end, the build with 1LPL+6MPL works best with UAC (instead of the AC10 from above). Against a static target you still get your 10 pinpoint from a doubleclick, but can fit in an STD 300 and enough heat sinks.
I also tested STD275 and AC20 again (this time with 2 ML more, obviously), but the problem is not even the speed but the heat.
Giving four laser salves instead of three is just a thing you want.
So AC20 has to stay with 1LPL+4ML+STD185, but after all I see this build inferior to UAC+1LPL+6ML+STD300. But maybe I forget something like... idk... torso twisting capabilities or sth.

Edited by Kuaron, 03 June 2016 - 07:44 PM.

#177 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

I use something like this BOUNTY HUNTER II
Works well at medium ranges due to range quirks on the lasers, reasonably high heat from the arms mitigated by having a dedicated chain fire group

#178 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 03 June 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

I use something like this BOUNTY HUNTER II
Works well at medium ranges due to range quirks on the lasers, reasonably high heat from the arms mitigated by having a dedicated chain fire group

I'd drop the ams, ammo, case, a heat sink, and a ton of AC/10 ammo. Add in Endo-Steel, upgrade to a Standard 300 and add in a couple extra DHS in the engine for 16 total. Drop the armour on the legs to 57/64. Faster and you get an extra DHS.

#179 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 04 June 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

I'd drop the ams, ammo, case, a heat sink, and a ton of AC/10 ammo. Add in Endo-Steel, upgrade to a Standard 300 and add in a couple extra DHS in the engine for 16 total. Drop the armour on the legs to 57/64. Faster and you get an extra DHS.

This is actually a great idea - thanks for the suggestion Posted Image
I forgot I had a lot of c-bills racked up over the last month or so

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 04 June 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#180 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,892 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

Don't drop the leg armor - strip armor from the arms. Many experienced players have begun to leg Marauders since they're so hard to kill from the front. I'd also keep AMS on your 'mechs whenever you can afford it, at least in the lower tiers - though that depends on how often you see LRMs.

In general, for PUG games I put AMS in every 'mech that can afford it in the build; the damage reduction it provides is sufficient to justify the tonnage, and its effects become more noticeable as you stack more AMS on the team. So you should bring AMS unless you seldom see any LRMs, for the same reason you should vaccinate your kids.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users