Marauder Builds

222 replies to this topic

#81 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:03 PM

I use 5D Marauder with 3 L-Puls and 2 Mediums in CW so far and do decent with it. I can't make missiles work in it during CW matches.

I can't settle on good loadout for the other 3, either it s too hot (Bount Hunter 2 6M Laser AC20) or too ammo dependent (3R with 3 AC5 or 5M with AC5). I tried PPCs on the 3R, but the minimum range is a definite hindrance to use them in CW.

Edited by Black Ivan, 14 December 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#82 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

I'm running a 3R with 4 PPCs and I can't understand why it's so darn fun, but man is it ever.

#83 Laniarty

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBNE, Australia

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostIaldabaoth, on 16 December 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

I'm running a 3R with 4 PPCs and I can't understand why it's so darn fun, but man is it ever.

It's the PPC velocity quirks in the 3R. PPC's are just better when they act like they should, instead of the slow balls of dodgeability that they usually are.

#84 Digimat

• Pip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostDigimat, on 08 December 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

3R(s) with 3 AC5, 4 ML, STD255

that build became my most favorite. its now mastered and i got myself 2 weapon reload speed modules on top. very nasty. the AC5s are almost heat neutral and with 15pts damage every 1.35 seconds or so, you can hammer down laser clan builds nicely while they are overheating.

Edited by Digimat, 16 December 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#85 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

3R 4mpl, ac20 with 4 tons ammo, std 300, endo steel, DHS. This thing smashes face. Just under 70kph is plenty fast for a heavy and the pinpoint damage output is ferocious. Throw on a seismic sensor and go hunting. Seriously, I rocked 1,100+ damage last night.

5D 2LL, 2ML, AC10, std 300, jj,es, dhs, 2 ton ammo. This thing is rocking a 2.46 kill to death ratio.

5M, 300xl (my only xl), 3 lpl, 2 spl, 2 srm6, es, DHS, jj, Wow, with the cooldown module and quirk this spits out lots of missiles and 3lpl do incredible pinpoint damage. Poke and move. Another huge damage output machine.

BH2. 300 std, DHS, jj, ac10, 7 ml. With quirks and modules those ml have an optimal range of 330m! I have them grouped as 3arm+1head for left and right.

#86 Brian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 14 December 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

I use 5D Marauder with 3 L-Puls and 2 Mediums in CW so far and do decent with it. I can't make missiles work in it during CW matches.

I'm using a similer build and It's amazing and fun. I've seen 100 tonners run from me!

#87 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:50 AM

I'm happy using 2xlbx10 and 4x med lasers in one of my 3R's
Also happy with the other 3R build but it needs further testing. (1xERPPC, 1xAC20, 2 med lasers)

#88 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

View Postxengk, on 03 December 2015 - 02:09 AM, said:

So far, I have only figure out the MAD-5D, still trial and error with the other variant.

The frontal hitbox is so good, I can afford to face tank enemy and pick my shots with the dual LL and SRM6s.
A single PPC for range and part time poptarting.

Settling down to these build on the other 2 variant.
MAD-3R Direct fire support, it run surprisingly cool and fast enough to re-position for PPC sniping.
2x PPC
2x ML
3x MG
STD 320
19 DHS

MAD-5M mid range brawler.
2x LL
3x ML
1x AC10
STD 275
15 DHS

#89 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:53 AM

Does somebody knows a cool running Bounty Hunter config?

#90 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:06 PM

View Postxengk, on 17 December 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Settling down to these build on the other 2 variant.
MAD-3R Direct fire support, it run surprisingly cool and fast enough to re-position for PPC sniping.
2x PPC
2x ML
3x MG
STD 320
19 DHS

MAD-5M mid range brawler.
2x LL
3x ML
1x AC10
STD 275
15 DHS

Might try these two out, Got something similar for my current 5M but I kept the stock XL which gets me killed far too often.

#91 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:36 PM

My bounty hunter runs AC20, 5 ML, 2 SL, 300 STD engine. It does run hot, sometimes I find myself brawling with the AC20 and the SL's because of heat... I could probably downgrade 2 ML's to SL's but they come so hand on ranged engagements...

My 3R runs 2 AC5, 2 PPC...Not the best build but it's the only mech I have that can use PPC's to good effect.

The 5M and 5D I don't know what to do with them. haha

#92 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

Currently running the following:
3R 2x AC5, 4x ML, AMS, STD320
5D 3x LPL, 2x MPL, STD300, 3x JJ
5M 2x UAC5, 4x MPL, STD300, 2xJJ
BH2 AC20, 5x ML, STD300, 4x JJ

Considering this MAD-3R build, any thoughts?

#93 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 21 December 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Considering this MAD-3R build, any thoughts?

Should be fun. I'm seeing quite a few MG Marauders out there. Just a suggestion, though? Move the DHS inboard to the side torsos. If you shield with one side more than the other by habit, then maybe both to the opposite ST. Yeah, I know, if you lose an arm, you lose almost half of your heat generation. But you still have the OTHER arm with 2 LPLs on it. Lost one arm, but KEEP the heat sink, and be able to spam that other duo of LPLs EVEN LONGER.

Mere suggestion. Less crit padding, more long-term heat happies. Window into my thought process. Still, looks VICIOUS.

Okay, back to ME!

HERE is what I've had relative success with so far in PUG. UAC or not, those AC/5s are pretty good at turning heads and piling up the damage. Has plenty of heat cap/dis to keep it up for a while. Can swap a ton of ammo and the 11th DHS for MPLs instead of MLs, and still be VERY reasonable heat-wise. I find that AC/5 velocity and range are pretty comfortable for me in solo queue, unless I need to reach out beyond sensor range on Alpine (so I just don't).

Edited by TheRAbbi, 22 December 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#94 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

Good point, I'm probably just being paranoid about the crits since my damn Hunchback IIC loses one of its UAC10's if you look at it funny. Seriously, had someone rake my back last night, critted out both freaking UAC10s leaving the torsos intact. I was not pleased lol. Anyway, you rarely seem to lose an arm on a Marauder.

With the triple AC5 setup, do you find the bottom one hits terrain too easily? I briefly had one with the top guns on one group, and all three on cycle when really hosing someone down.

#95 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

I'm probably going against everyone's "grain" here byt I'm running a BH2 with six ER Large Lasers, with full cool down and range modules, 300XL, and all the doubles I can carry. It. Is. Mean. One alpha will shut you down so it has to be used very carefully, but you can do four 3x volleys with a slight overlap with no penalty and walk away...that's 108 damage at range in under 7 seconds. Of course, 7 seconds is a long time, but it's still a LOT of damage and an almost constant burn the whole time.

I'm really only having luck with lasers, though. My AC builds have not been very good.

#96 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:08 AM

Regretabl I can't find a good build for the 5M, tried several with different ACs and Lasers, but nothing worked good

#97 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:13 AM

I'm doing the same thing with my 5M as I am with the Bounty Hunter....360XL, 400 armor (ENDO), 10 doubles, five ER Large Lasers with maxed out range and cool down modules, radar derp, and advanced zoom. I have almost as much fun with it as I do my bounty hunter.

#98 Bravo21Niner

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

i've been running this setup on my 5M

MAD-5M

it's given me some decent success

#99 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

This MAD-3R with the 4xLPL and 3xMGs works, but it's super toasty if you trigger the ghost heat. Played a handful of matches, with 400+ each time. The MGs actually came in pretty handy at times, racking up some crit damage while cooling off and generally keeping people distracted. I might try it again with one extra DHS instead of the MGs, but it's not a bad use of the spare tonnage.

Only really bad experience was on Terra Therma, where the team bailed on a push with me up front. I ended up taking damage to escape being stranded, but two of us got swarmed by 5 lights/mediums. Overheated trying to fight them off, and they shot off my arms :P It got pretty funny on chat, as I was the last man standing and had no weapons left. Basically me chasing around lights and ramming them until someone got bored and shot my legs out.

#100 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 23 December 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Regretabl I can't find a good build for the 5M, tried several with different ACs and Lasers, but nothing worked good

Easily my favorite Marauder build, run it like you stole it:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e240dff6ce8fc2e

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users