Social

84 replies to this topic

#1 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:11 AM

It has been a long year on the forums and it isn't even over yet. Reflecting over the past nine months on the forums it is clearly easy to see who dominates them as active participants and to see who [is obviously more intelligent than I am] just reads the forums, without the need to post. Some of this content is great and other are so outrageously sadistic that we can't even believe that they came to the forums and posted at all; while some are accidental double posts where you can tell the poster quickly changed the post to avoid CoC violations. (I fall into the later category. Stupid computer stalls and internet pings of 1045)

So first this is not a thread to start a forum war...no, just no. It is a thread to unite all of the top posters and active forum participants onto one thread and share our battle stories from the good old days (Last nine months). I am sure that we all have some crazy stories to share from ragging discussion over the Black Knight to ghost heat. From the ECM bubble to the Dire Star. Feel free to share your stories here and unite as a community of forum warriors! Because we all work hard on our posts to get the communities attention and we all know that that being a forum warrior on here is like playing mwo before logging into the actual game; it takes dedication, a strong stomach, and a high tolerance for pain.

Unite Forum Warriors! Lets share our stories and display our battle wounds proudly.

Also Remember No Name & Shame Please. I am not saying there has been any or will be any, I just want to post this because it could really easily happen on a thread like this one. Please be respectful to your fellow forum warriors at all times. Thanks. :)

Edited by Soulstrom, 02 October 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:17 AM

I...have gotten salty.

Well, saltier than usual.

#3 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:19 AM

This one time, at band camp...

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

As a warrior without a cause, I refuse to post anything at all in this thread. Even this post.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 02 October 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#5 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

I white knighted harder than Bishop..

*takes a swig of sourmash*

It all came crashing down, not when they dropped ECM, but when they confirmed it was what they wanted.
Then they stomped on the pieces since then.

And then I was straight up lied to personally when, in a thread I created, Russ challenged us to form a player council for advising on game development for MWO from the players' perspective- and then proceeded to hinder and ignore us in every way. (No Polls to elect members... wouldn't even let us get step one.. while feeding me, personally, a line of ******** on Skype about waiting to get the first Town Hall done.)

**** him.

*hic*

Edited by Livewyr, 02 October 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

I know I am still pissed at the sad state of LBX, Flamer and MG, and take every opportunity to remind PGI of that.

I'm sure I have a story, hold on... just gonna add more as I remember.

1. One of my proudest achievement was making a thread about the Grasshopper. Before I made this thread, the Black Knight was winning the poll. After I made this thread explaining just why Grasshopper is the better choice than the Bad Knight, the Grasshopper had won the vote to be made first, by mere 5 votes. http://mwomercs.com/...he-grasshopper/

2. Which directly led to this, due to the Hopper I had campaigned so tireless for, was made as tall as an Atlas. -_- http://mwomercs.com/...ize-comparison/

3. I fell in love with the Battlemasters at first date. Never again called the mech "Buttmaster" since that day, and it had treated me well. http://mwomercs.com/...mportant-right/

4. I had tirelessly campaigned to have people mount AMS, instead of QQing about LRMs. This was when LRMs are at their weakest. http://mwomercs.com/...-psa-equip-ams/

5. Oh, and I made this.
Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 02 October 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#7 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:31 AM

I've got nothing.

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

Came back to the game after a year off.

Looked at "CW" and was in a state of total "WTF were they thinking?"

Other than that the game has barely changed since closed beta, just bug fixes and more mechs than you could thow a Locust at.

#9 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

I am the official creator of the Nerfinator™ meme. I also created the Ghost Pedobear faction art.

Spoiler

I have also spent these years spreading many of this forum's most famous and awesome memes, including the following:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...And many, many more!

In fact, I humbly request the ability to change my title to "Keeper of Memes."

#10 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostBilbo, on 02 October 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

I've got nothing.

"String! Or nothing!"
Cant fool me with this one no more Sir...

#11 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

RIP player council

Posted Image

Funny stories?

Well, new players may not realize this, but back in 2012 and early 2013, the expectations for MWO were sky high. For example, I actually joined FRR because I thought this faction would have earlier or cheaper access to salvaged Clan tech on the market. I mean, obviously each Inner Sphere House would have unique abilities and advantages when Community Warfare kicked in, so I felt like this was a smart choice.

There was also a lot of discussion about what the Clan Invasion would look like. Many people expected PGI to randomly drop in the public queues with Clan mechs, to simulate the start of the Clan invasion in lore. There was a lot of discussion about how MWO would develop to match the 3049-3050 timeline, when people expected PGI to stick with the idea of a 1:1 timeline.

A lot of Founders waited to use their Premium time for the time when Community Warfare would start, because that would be when things really kicked off. By then, people expected that they'd be able to capture certain planets to buy cheaper mechs, or to buy special weapon variants with different characteristics (e.g. range bonus and heat penalty).

People also had really grand ideas for role warfare and different game modes. They imagined that commanders would be able to use artillery and airstrikes via the battle grid, or they imagined that scouts would move around on the map and try locate primary and secondary objectives in every match, such as enemy convoys, enemy commanders and so forth.

It's really kind of funny to look back and think about what people imagined this game would be like. Its certainly taught me to look more at what game developers are actually selling instead of what they're promising. I still have some optimism for Star Citizen, but that could potentially be the nail in the coffin for my crowd funding adventures.

#12 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

Like FupDup, I like to have fun on the forums.

When the group players got all up in arms over no longer being able to feast on PuG players, but instead being forced into the group queue...

Posted Image

When the Timber Wolf and Stormcrow got nerfed and players cried they'd be unplayable...

Posted Image

When the meta shifted yet again on PGI, after another attempt at game balance...

Posted Image

Paul nerfs Jump Jets to Hover Jets...

Posted Image

The Dire Whale gets introduced... first impressions...

Posted Image

I enjoy my time here.

#13 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

I posted countless thoughtful, insightful, effective, and well-reasoned balance suggestions, ranging from ECM changes to heat reworks to weapon tweaks.

PGI took one thing from them - cERPPC damage spread.

#14 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 02 October 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

Well, new players may not realize this, but back in 2012 and early 2013, the expectations for MWO were sky high.

Seriously, read this guys post. Then do a little looking into the early archives if they haven't been purged.

#15 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

Sad to say, but sometimes I enjoy the forums more than the game.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:44 AM

Stay classy Mechwarrior forums.

Posted Image

#17 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

I have but one enemy and I fight it across every field of battle I come across.

That enemy is the meta.

And all you dirty red doritos too..... :ph34r:

Edited by cdlord, 02 October 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#18 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

Buffalo Bobs targeting system that added a cone o fire if a player shot more then the targeting computer could handle. players would know exactly what kind of spread they had and could chose to alpha with a high spread or single shot for perfect accuracy. Later on this let the clan targeting computer actuality improve targeting.

In its place we got ghost heat and aggressive overbalancing and quirks.

#19 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:54 AM

The balance trio™ (FupDup, McGral18, and Khobai) are still around. Admirable.

But so is the game, as I predicted countless times.

#20 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 02 October 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

The balance trio™ (FupDup, McGral18, and Khobai) are still around. Admirable.

But so is the game, as I predicted countless times.

I feel insulted that you would rank McGral and I on the low level of Khobai. :unsure:

The third musketeer position rightfully belongs to Deathlike at this point.

Honorable mentions: Roland, Vassago Rain (may they rest in peace)

Edited by FupDup, 02 October 2015 - 08:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users