Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Youtube Archive

376 replies to this topic

#61 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

I have a lot of mechs. I have a lot of modules. Will you ever give us a way to quickly remove all the modules from all the mechs in one quick step? If not, since you already have the mechs a person owns on mwomercs.com in the profile, could you add the cockpit items and modules in those mechs into a web-based interface? Give people the ability to search for which weapons, engines and modules are on which mechs.

Edited by One of Little Harmony, 21 October 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#62 Tiberius Augustus

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

Will there be a pilot system/quirk/module mechanic?

example: for c-bills you get a random pilot, ranging from common to rare, with quirks that can not be changed and can offset quirks(not all) in a mech. The "pilot" from the randomizer is like a module/modifier but the player still the pilot in gameplay. Maybe MC chance,guarantee rare pilot, to get Lore pilot with better bonuses. Common to rare pilots can lvl to increase the offset quirk/modifier but Lore pilots are static.

#63 grraystorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Ironhold

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:31 PM

There is always a game mechanic that we seem to miss when we tie the lore from Battletech in... we have added the quirks to try to get some of the mechs to perform like they would play, but we have yet to add in the lore extras.

Specifically look at the Cyclops. One of the key notes in the TRO was that it was heavily laden with electronics and sensors. Granted we have modules that do something similar, but when can we get a mech quirked like this...

Which brings up another point. When can we get C3 and C3 slave electronics, will they perform like tabletop rules?

And we have Cataphracts... so when are we going to tackle Triple Strength Myomer?
(Insert Russ' secret bombshell announcement here.........."please")

#64 RaKa

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:35 PM

Regarding locked JJ's in Clan Mechs:

Russ, I'm sure you / Paul / your entire PGI team is afraid of reverting the chnage you made where all JJ's on a Clan Mech are hard locked. But this hurts underperforming mechs like the Shadowcat and Summoner, and to an extent the Executioner. Will you consider or even entertain the thought of rolling back this change? Or perhaps there is a way you could "meet me in the middle" so to speak regarding Clan JJ's.

When can we expect a new map (not a rework) or both CW and Multiplayer? I feel like its been a while (not including map reworks).

Has Harmony Gold sued you into oblivion yet?

When will the flamer / mg actually feel like it has a purpose?

8v8 mode ever coming back? I feel like it would do better with the "old" maps (the ones before getting reworked) OG Forest Colony, River City, etc.

#65 Trevelyas

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

Why is PSR not based on a zero-sum evaluation?

It's a positively-biased clamped integral instead of a distribution, making Tier 1 skill variance huge as evidenced here. Matchmaker cannot use PSR values to reliably generate competitive/fair match-ups for Tier 3 and higher like this. Am I wrong?

(For the record, changing it to zero-sum would be simple)

Edited by Trevelyas, 21 October 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#66 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 October 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to post questions! Here are mine below:

1) Jump Jets: A rehaul of the JJ system is long overdue. With the current laser meta, poptarting is no longer as dangerous as it once was. Can we have the old thrust restored? Nerfs such as heat and screen shake can be retained, but please, please can we have thrust back? I think most players are tired of hover jets and would like to see the "Jump" put back into Jump Jets.

2) ETA on new modules? We could use some new consumables to spice things up a bit. Any word on whether we will get smoke, chaff, or flares?

3) ETA on new weapons? The ones we have are great, but we need less new Mech content and more new component content at this time.

4) Will there be a timeskip soon? This would allow for more Mechs and equipment to be introduced, as well as provide better balancing options for the IS and Clans.

5) Clan unlocks: It's about time Clan Mechs had their chassis fully unlocked. One of the big drawbacks to purchasing them is the fact that we pay for an entire Mech but only get to truly own half of it. Playing Legos in the Mechlab is one of the great features of the game; will we ever be able to change out engines, JJs, and heatsinks? I personally am not purchasing any more Clan Mechs until this happens and regret buying my Wave I Mechs.

6) ETA on an in-game, player-driven economy or black market?

7) ETA on planetary ownership bonuses and quirks?

8) ETA on uses for the Unit coffers?

9) Can we have an update on the Mentorship System that is supposedly in the works? There is a thread for this under Feature Suggestions, but it appears dead despite large amounts of player feedback. Such a system would go a long ways towards improving new player experiences.

10) When will collisions and knock-downs return? Collisions are sorely needed as the current "Rubber-band effect" is maddening, and knock-downs have always been a MechWarrior staple. Not having them is really sad and detracts from the game.

13) Will we ever see "Death from Above" and "Highlander Burial" get implemented?

14) Will we ever get our old heat vision (Predator Vision) back?

I think that sums mine up for now. Thanks again! :)

newsflash, Clanboy. OmniMechs are INCAPABLE of having their engines, structure, Heatsinks and so on modified. it's the price you pay for having OmniPods. if you don't like it, buy the IIcs, they're Clan Battlemechs, and will be moddable. they just won't have omnipod capability.

#67 Ranger Aodhan

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

Fifth time's the charm. Right?

1)I have been playing a bit of War Thunder recently and have found some of the tank component destruction very interesting; are there any plans to implement any sort of subsystem destruction such as the waist ring locking or laser lenses cracking?

2)I know that you have mentioned wanting to include melee style combat into MWO but are there any plans or ideas for that in the works? It would bring some further advantages to 'mechs that need it like the Banshee.

3)Could we see some of the more interesting features of battlemechs become features such as ammo ejection or 360 degree/rear view screen even if they are modules?

#68 RaistlinMajere

• Pip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hi Russ,

I'm only about 6 weeks into MWO and to put it simply- I'm addicted. My questions is based on my short game time the XP and c-bill rewarded is heavily biased towards damage and does not really look at the roles of different mech weights. As an example light mech's should be rewarded much more for capturing and spotting than they are now. Also if you can think of some way to have the lances work better together and move the game away from death balling?

Just a newbie's perspective and not sure if this is on your radar.

cheers.

#69 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

Going to ninja Dawnstealer here: Hatchetman.

also Axman and Berserker. love those mechs.

#70 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

FYI, the only reason the meeting isn't on Thursday is because the Seahawks are playing the 49ers.

Russ has admitted he's a Seahawks fan, so it is what it is.

#71 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

Will the Steam Badges, Wallpapers, Animated Emoticons and Achievements be ready in time?

#72 RobarGK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

I also want the Raptor!

#73 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

Will we see mechs come out with out having to pay money and wait 10 months before we get them?

Why dose it take almost a year to get the mechs we have paid for? But for the Marauder it only will take about 4 months before it comes out (between the time the mechs are announced and the time we see the first one). Why do we need to wait till all the mechs from a mech package come out before we get the extra stuff?

Can we put a hold on mech packages and focus on getting some more new content that will make the game fun again.
Like balance

any chance of a story mode?

Edited by The Boneshaman, 23 October 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#74 EvilOwner

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDown The Hall, First Door On The Right

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

On the IIC mechs, will the XL engines behave like the IS versions, or the clan omnimech style where you half to blow off both of the side torsos for a kill?

Will there be inner sphere omnimechs anytime soon?

#75 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

How could there be the strong deterioration of quality in the tartan camouflage pattern? The new tartan pattern (Zeus, Black Knight etc.) looks darker and has very small squares. The old Tartan (Highlander, Banshee and battlemaster) had bright colors and large squares. It was worth 1500 MC! Is a change to the old Tartan pattern (King crab?) planned.

Thank you.

#76 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

PvE- Thoughts? Considerations? Obstacles?

#77 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

When will you finally look at Battle Value instead of shutting down and ignoring us when we bring it up? Why are you trying to balance by weight that has shown for the past 3 years does not, can not, and will not work?

#78 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:01 PM

What plans are there for balancing/making useful weapons that have been consistent under-performers, like, for example, MGs, Flamers and LB Autocannons.

#79 Sun Ce

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:01 PM

look i don't care about the lore anymore, i don't care if the cannon says that we cant have equal footing for 8 years or how-ever-many give IS the same weapons, you know what ones are missing lbx-2,5,20 ER medium and small lasers SSRW 4,6 and for god sakes take out ghost heat. if you don't want 6 erppc's on a mech well then just pull a gauss and say a mech cant power more than x amount of energy.

you have a 4 year old game almost, and in total you have 17 maps, 12 "normal" and 5 CW. thats nuts. the original goldeneye for the N64 shipped with 18. almost 20 years ago and they had a grand total of 4 MB for textures. you take maps out of rotation to make "new" versions of the old one rather than simply making new ones. 33% of the maps you have are for CW and are out of normal rotation.

as far as i can tell you are doing a OK job with the resources you have, however its time to join the big boys and start peeing standing up. get the people you need to produce a polished product. but cmon, really we all think it. perhaps if you wanted to be considered a real player in game development you could i don't know move from your upstairs-stripmall-chinatown office.

i want you to know i love this game but only because you have the rights to battletech world. only because there are giant robots from my youth come to life. but you make it as exciting as a trip to pittsburgh.

[redacted]

Edited by Odanan, 22 October 2015 - 03:48 AM.
unconstructive/vulgar language

#80 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:06 PM

Any chance MASC will get some tweaks? Most players I've spoken to consider it a paperweight.

I'll amend that in my own experience it has it's uses. But for 3 tons. It feels like it's weaknesses are too great.

Edited by MechaBattler, 21 October 2015 - 09:49 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users