- - - - -

New Player Training 'unit' - The Reserves

Guide

116 replies to this topic

#41 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

just dropped with these guys with 2-3 other -MS- players to provide a little bit of "backbone" to the group, had a really good time and some great games, good friendly atmosphere as well. really if you are looking for a group this is a good first place to begin and it may well be that you never leave.

mercier, thx for picking me (us) up out of the -MS- ts to join you, you may definitly do that again if you are looking to fill out ;) that is if i dont just jump on your ts

#42 Dirt6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationgo **** yourself

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

SWOL looks forward to cooperating with you in regards to the development of the MWO player base.

#43 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

This was shown to me ( I'd forgotten )
this is TOTALLY us...

#44 SparksZA IS

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa - Vdbp

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:03 AM

Greetings .. total noob here .. still just getting the run of things still ..

I'm from South Africa ..

Edited by SparksZA, 03 January 2016 - 04:04 AM.

#45 Romual

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:31 AM

Hello there. About glorious me:

- 1 locust, 2 ravens, 1 jenner, 1 centurion.
- Love mobility, less - firepower, less - amor.
- Prefer lights - currently building sniper raven.
- It seems I'm somewhat good at locusting - stable 600-800 damage in pubs for a while.
- English isn't good. Worse spelling, worse hearing. But sometimes I'm able to understand things, I swear!
- I never donate f2p games.

Still I'm hellishly green, can't play anything but light energy mechs, can't build anything else either. Looking for people to go tactical/dumb/completly apeshit. Depends on company mood. Mentorship and guidance will be appreciated.

Add my sorry *** if you're good with guys like me =3

#46 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:42 PM

Mercier is a good guy and the Reserves is a great place for (new) players to learn / get help in all things MWO.

Also bumped into these guys the other day .....

#47 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

hey Romual
Spoiler

I'd like to think we're good with new guys like you - that is our point, after all... I'll add you next time i hop in game... you don't sound " hellishly" green to me - sound like a budding light pilot.
Also, no donations, needed required or requested. Part of the 'mech bay ' tour thing is I encourage players not to spend money until they know what they're getting.
We move factions, if you're attached to that faction< I'll gladly introduce you to some guys on the Davion hub ( teamspeak : ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345 ) who are doing something similar for Davion loyalists. OR you can catch up with us and travel until you find a good 'home' to settle down with.
I also want to add, we have a lot of players that are decent , or better pilots, in the solo queue, but are working on the teamwork and coordination that make a team-work game.

View Postquantaca, on 31 December 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

just dropped with these guys with 2-3 other -MS- players to provide a little bit of "backbone" to the group, had a really good time and some great games, good friendly atmosphere as well. really if you are looking for a group this is a good first place to begin and it may well be that you never leave.

mercier, thx for picking me (us) up out of the -MS- ts to join you, you may definitly do that again if you are looking to fill out Posted Image that is if i dont just jump on your ts

Thanks, Quantaca - those were good fun drops, and I consider you a good influence.
Hop you'll be dropping with us again - feel free to spread the word over there, too - I'll be lurking in embassy or looking for CW to help people get into CW drops.

View PostSparksZA, on 03 January 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

Greetings .. total noob here .. still just getting the run of things still ..

I'm from South Africa ..

SparksZA, roger that - feel free to add me, or find us in the server ( we're currently using House Steiner - ts1.housesteiner.com - which has added helpful new player guides and a new player area ).

View PostGreenduck, on 02 January 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

SWOL looks forward to cooperating with you in regards to the development of the MWO player base.

<O to SWOL/SW0L - hope to dropping with you as well. And to hearty scrimmages. We also have the new player guides and such, I'd like to offer you. <s>

ACE!

View PostAce Selin, on 03 January 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Mercier is a good guy and the Reserves is a great place for (new) players to learn / get help in all things MWO.

Also bumped into these guys the other day .....
And after the match, was kind enough to find us on the other teamspeak and give friendly advice and constructive criticism - in character, since his unit, the 2323 Reggies, was one of those that helped us start the trainings... Now I just have to con them into more scheduled trainings ;)

Edited by Mercier, 04 January 2016 - 10:39 PM.

#48 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

Next "official " training -
Wednesday, 6th Jan, ( 6 Central standard time) - ( Jan 7th at 12 am GMT )
This will start at my "office" - the Reserves Barracks channel, on our old home, the FRR teamspeak hub : frrts3.tk:9725 password: Dragon.

We'll be trying to set up a regular training day again, see the Calendar of Events on FRR server <O

Edited by Mercier, 04 January 2016 - 10:45 PM.

#49 SparksZA IS

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa - Vdbp

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostMercier, on 04 January 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

SparksZA, roger that - feel free to add me, or find us in the server ( we're currently using House Steiner - ts1.housesteiner.com - which has added helpful new player guides and a new player area ).

Thanks ..
Busy looking into the rules and getting registered ..

#50 Legion173

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

This is something I have been looking for. I may show up for tonight's training. I have been playing for a few weeks and I am really enjoying the game. I have yet to venture into CW yet. Wanted to get better and figure out what kind of mechs I like. I have been having a lot of fun with the raven. I am currently working on elite for the WVR. I know a lot of people don't like them and to be honest I don't either but it was first mech bought and I am stubborn. lol. It is teaching me a lot though. I have been doing alright but I know I would get crushed I CW. I do see myself as a fire support role when I am not in my raven. So I may pop into your teamspeak and at least listen/BS a bit if I cant outright play for a period of time tonight (kids, school night, etc.) I would like to keep track when you have these training times.... thanks for helping out us new players. I wish I would have known about this game before I saw it on steam....

#51 BossGeek

Rookie

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostLegion173, on 06 January 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

This is something I have been looking for. I may show up for tonight's training. I have been playing for a few weeks and I am really enjoying the game. I have yet to venture into CW yet. Wanted to get better and figure out what kind of mechs I like. I have been having a lot of fun with the raven. I am currently working on elite for the WVR. I know a lot of people don't like them and to be honest I don't either but it was first mech bought and I am stubborn. lol. It is teaching me a lot though. I have been doing alright but I know I would get crushed I CW. I do see myself as a fire support role when I am not in my raven. So I may pop into your teamspeak and at least listen/BS a bit if I cant outright play for a period of time tonight (kids, school night, etc.) I would like to keep track when you have these training times.... thanks for helping out us new players. I wish I would have known about this game before I saw it on steam....

I'm into my 3rd week I think and met these guys on my first day. Lots of good guys and usually someone online to drop with. Welcome.

#52 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:47 AM

Mercier, this is a much-needed service (borders on saints-work really). My unit, Clan Diamond Shark (DSx), is happy to send you candidates when we run into them. We ask only that you return our Sibkin unharmed :).

#53 Real men have back dimples too

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 23 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAc2Pdb9uj4

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

Well done

#54 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

Nicely done. Good Drops with you.
Looking forward to more.

WML

#55 BossGeek

Rookie

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:06 PM

When is the next training?

#56 ZealousConscript

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:41 AM

Hi, would somebody who is totally green to the game be welcome?

I am currently soldiering on with my three hunchbacks as it stands. To improve my shielding and the like in pug games.

I imagine I will need to grind up to a deck of meths though?

#57 Rakesch

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

We had a good time waiting 12min for 12 Marik suizides.
Hope to see you again. Good work.

Greetings Baconthief Rakesch

#58 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:11 AM

Welcome ZealousConscript! Come as is. Having more of your own mechs helps, but we'll all be willing to show you the ropes, an even offer suggestions of what might work as your next mech.

Right now The Reserves seem to've gone Liao, so grab a one week contract an give em a try.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 19 January 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#59 Hipster Hitman

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

Greetings all. N00b here, just started playing last night. Got through the tutorial, did some of the academy, but ultimately spent 2 hours in Quick Play using the trial mechs give to me: Raven, Adder, Jenner, and Puma. I want to complete all of the Cadet Bonus achievements before choosing a starter mech, but I'd also like to join up with a crew that mentors greenies like me, especially in terms of teamwork tactics and communication. I tried doing some faction play - chose Liao since the Reserves are currently under contract to them - but I couldn't get the knack of doing any of the missions because it seemed like no one was on. Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#60 Adalwin

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:09 PM

Thanks a lot for the drops with you today Posted Image. I am looking forward for more.

Adalwin

Edited by Adalwin, 21 January 2016 - 12:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users