• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, November 3rd @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.32.0
Patch size: ~130MB

Greetings MechWarriors,

With a greater portion of the team focusing on the significant amount of work going into Phase 3 of Community Warfare, our patches leading up to that release will appear on the lighter side in regards to fixes and changes.

The primary aspect of this patch is the release of a new pre-drop voting screen for Map and Game Mode selection, allowing players to vote for their preferred choice between four randomly selected maps and two randomly selected game modes. The introduction of this voting system should lead to a reduction in overall matchmaking wait times for solo and group queue, an improvement to PRS-based matchmaking, and will provide players with more influence over which maps and game modes they will drop into.

This patch also sees the release of a timer-based penalty system for players who have left a match prior to the destruction of their 'Mech.

In terms of fixes and minor changes, rounding out the patch we have some improvements to the new Camo Spec screen, including single-click application of Patterns and Colors and an adjustment to the 'Owned' filter, a fix for multi-monitor display issues when using NVIDIA Surround or AMD EyeFinity, along with a handful of other fixes and changes.

Beyond today's patch, the next iteration of the Re-Balance PTS sessions is also set to go up this week, featuring the introduction of Target profile values which will influence targeting speeds against opponents depending on their size, a few value changes to Skill Tree items, and buffs to the base speed of Clan and IS SRM/SSRM projectiles. Keep an eye out soon for a full post regarding all the changes you'll see in the Public Test session this week!

Finally, as a result of yesterday's server outages, all pilots who had Premium Time running at the time of the outage will be receiving 24 hours of Premium Time with today's patch. This Premium Time will activate automatically upon login.

- The MechWarrior Team

Change Log

Map and Game Mode Voting Screen

All solo and group queue Public matches will now begin with a Map and Game Mode voting screen, during which all 24 players in the match lobby will cast a vote for their desired choices. Players will be able to cast their vote for one of four randomly selected maps, along with a vote for one of two randomly selected game modes. Voting will be open for 15 seconds, after which the map and game mode will be chosen based on the voting results. Player names are not visible inside the voting screen, so all votes are anonymous.
If votes are evenly split, for example with 12 players voting for Map A and 12 players voting for Map B, the map will be selected randomly from those two maps - Map C and Map D would not be considered. Likewise if votes are evenly split between the two available game modes, the game mode will be selected randomly.

With the introduction of this voting system players will no longer be able to de-select a given game mode. As a result, the matchmaker will no longer need to match players based on their specific game mode preferences. While this does mean that players who may have previously chosen to de-select a specific game mode will now sometimes need to play a game mode they would have otherwise never played, the introduction of this voting system will lead to a reduction in matchmaking wait times for solo and group queue, an improvement to PSR-based matchmaking, and will provide players with more influence over which maps and game modes they will drop into.

Disconnect Penalty System

The automated penalty system releasing in this patch is intended to penalize players for intentionally disconnecting from matches in which the player has not yet been destroyed. Once a match has been found and you are placed into the map and game mode voting screen outlined above, all 24 players are considered to be 'in' an active match. If a player disconnects from the match prior to the destruction of their 'Mech, whether they are still within the voting screen or in the match itself, the player will have 3 minutes to reconnect before a disconnect penalty level is applied. If they reconnect to the match before the 3 minute timer expires, no penalty level will be applied. Once a player has been flagged with a penalty level a delay to their next matchmaking search will be enforced (whether solo or group). The duration of the delay is determined by the current penalty level.

For cases where the disconnect was not intentional, the 3 minute timer is intended to provide players with sufficient time to re-join the match in question. If circumstances prevent a successful re-join within that 3 minutes, the first penalty level is a mere 10 second delay toward the next matchmaking search. It is only when a player purposefully disconnects from multiple matches that the real penalties will begin to pile up.

This is a breakdown of the current penalty levels:

• First Disconnect: 10 second delay for next matchmaking search
• Second Disconnect: 2 minute delay for next matchmaking search
• Third Disconnect: 5 minute delay for next matchmaking search
• Fourth Disconnect: 10 minute delay for next matchmaking search
• Fifth Disconnect: 20 minute delay for next matchmaking search

Each subsequent disconnect beyond the Fifth Disconnect will also enforce a 20 minute penalty.

Penalty levels reset every 4 hours.

All of the above values are tune-able, and may be subject to change depending on how the system plays out in the general population.

Camo Spec Screen Fixes and Changes

Applying a Color or Pattern to a 'Mech now only requires a single click (Colors and Patterns can also still be applied using drag-and-drop).
Using the Owned filter for Colors will now only show color swatches for Colors that are Owned.
As a result of the above change, Owned Color swatches will also now group together.
Fixed an issue where changing the Color dropdown filter would automatically change the 'Mechs currently selected color.
Fixed an issue where the client would become unresponsive when accessing the Camo Spec screen while inside a Gold 'Mech.

Map Fixes and Changes

Fixed an issue where wireframes could be visible on lava.

'MechLab Fixes and Changes

Fixed an issue where removing Missile hardpoints from an OmniMech with the Artemis Upgrade would charge the player for downgrading to Standard.
Fixed an issue where players with over 2.15 billion C-Bills were not able to edit 'Mechs or purchase new 'Mechs.

Other Fixes and Changes

Fixed an issue where an orange dot would appear on the HUD near the Zoom Level indicator for Inner Sphere 'Mechs in Conquest Game Mode.
Fixed an issue where having Cockpit Glass enabled with a triple-monitor setup would cause various graphical issues.
MechWarrior Academy: Fixed an issue where players could try to enter the Academy using an Invalid 'Mech.

#2 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 November 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Fixed an issue where players with over 2.15 billion C-Bills were not able to edit 'Mechs or purchase new 'Mechs.

:blink:

that's like, 3 players, right?

#3 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

I feel like we're about to have a lot of butthurt forum rage over this new disco penalty system.

#4 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:48 AM

View Postwfischer, on 03 November 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

I feel like we're about to have a lot of butthurt forum rage over this new disco penalty system.

Less so if the game didn't decide to crash randomly at times. Usually just as a game starts.

#5 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

Looking forward to the camo specs update, and getting rid of that orange dot on the HUD. That thing drove me nuts!!

#6 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:50 AM

With the greatest possible respect and not being angry or reactionary but...

If I can not select game mode then I am not going to play.

To give some background I only play conquest as I believe it is the only game that has any semblance of tactical play (and even then not most of the time).

I am going to take a break from MWO but I will watch the forums and see how it goes.

If I may make a lilttle sugestion then I would remove the game mode vote from the solo queue because it is not necessary.

I understand that due to some matchmaking issues the group queue is struggling so here it makes some sense.

Edited by Jabilo, 03 November 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#7 recsa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:51 AM

Im new to the game so i dont know how long this maintenaces use to take. So ... How much? and, is this the usual time for maintenances in MWO? because its almost prime time in EU

#8 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:52 AM

Patch looks good. Nice to hear the owned colour filter has already been improved, that was my only complaint about the new camo system which is a joy to use.

#9 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:52 AM

'MechLab Fixes and Changes

People with 2.15billions shouldnt have the right to modify their mech and they obviously don't buy their mech with cbills.

Camo Spec Screen Fixes and Changes

Using the Owned filter for Colors will now only show color swatches for Colors that are Owned.
As a result of the above change, Owned Color swatches will also now group together.

Only had to highlight the colours like when you chose a sub category. But okay.

Edited by DAYLEET, 03 November 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#10 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostJabilo, on 03 November 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

To give some background I only play conquest as I believe it is the only game that has any semblance of tactical play (and even then not most of the time).

Glad to see I'm not the only guy who love conquest.

This patch seem a punishment direct to me, I'm the dude who love Terra Terma, Caustic and Alpine, playing only conquest and ever been fine with the waiting queue, with this change you literally cut 90% of my fun in game.. :mellow:

Edited by Pepito Sbazzeguti, 03 November 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#11 A Vieira

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

Just curious to see if the disconnect detection works as intended. Because it worked so well in that previous event that they had to remove that condition.

#12 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

I am going to take a break from MWO but I will watch the forums and see how it goes.

If I may make a lilttle sugestion then I would remove the game mode vote from the solo queue because it is not necessary.

I understand that due to some matchmaking issues the group queue is struggling so here it makes some sense.

Interesting suggestion, giving group queue the game mode vote, and solo queue the map only vote. I know some folks really like the flag cap game (they might even be crazy enough to equip a capture accelerator module) and not knowing what mode you will be playing will mess with that.

#13 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:04 AM

View Post627, on 03 November 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

[/b][/b][/b]

:blink:

that's like, 3 players, right?

The 1% is probably an over estimate.

#14 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

Yeah it´s funny how they´re basically saying "Matchmaking is taking too long because there´s not enough players. To fix this, we´ll just scare some more players away!"

... :huh:

#15 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

Personally, I like the part where he says taking away our ability to select game mode somehow gives us more influence on our choice of game mode. Absolute influence reduced to mob rule somehow equates to an increase in influence over game mode choice. That is some damn fine logic right there.

#16 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

WarHippy, that only applies to, when you have selected all gamemodes.
I have them all selected, thus I don't know / cannot influence what my next match will be.
Now I have more influence by selecting one of the two options available to vote -> gain in influence.

#17 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

I thought, I write some (not too nice) words over the new voting system... (Because,.. you know... I want play JUST Skirmish, and mostly on Alpine and such stuff...), but then I saw this:...

• Fixed an issue where players with over 2.15 billion C-Bills were not able to edit 'Mechs or purchase new 'Mechs.

Ye... It looks like, other players have BIG problems too.. Right?

Edited by Sky Hawk, 03 November 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#18 SourKraut

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

Love the option of map voting but don't like being forced to play game modes I don't want to play...forcing us to play game modes we don't like didn't work last year, why recycle what you know the community doesn't want> Also since we can no longer make hard choices on game modes will you add an "opt out of this round" button so we don't have to play what we don't like (I'd rather wait longer to play what I enjoy honestly)

#19 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

I like the idea of voting for maps and game modes, and I think it'll be great for solo queue. For the group queue, large organized teams can now gear out for a specific game mode and range of engagement and pretty much vote themselves an advantage.

Fix: one aggregated vote for each group, or the 12 man's will decide everything.

#20 Luise Koschinski

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

Nice Update.
First game: Get shot - die instantly. 0 dmg - just dead. Best update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users