#41 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostDoctorDetroit, on 16 November 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Patch looks good. This should alleviate some concerns about steam launch.

Is mech academy onslaught going to be co-op?

Why lower rewards for kills?

so people focus on teamwork. it's why assists are up.

#42 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:08 AM

View Postbar10jim, on 16 November 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The problem here is "eventually". If I an FORCED to play a game mode I don't like. I WON'T play.

Then you have my sympathies. If for you the situation is binary (either you get to do exactly what you want, all the time, or you quit) then unless the steam release is a huge success and a relatively large number of new players add MWO to their "games I play regularly" list, then the reasoning behind the removal of hard selects for game modes (matchmaking quality, queue times and the ability to try new game modes without wrecking either) will keep voting or something like it in place. So you'll have to stop playing.

I'd hope, and by the looks of things PGI *also* hope, that by gradually increasing the voting power of players who don't get their first choice, you'll get what you like most often enough to make up for the match types that you like less.

#43 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostAno, on 17 November 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Then you have my sympathies. If for you the situation is binary (either you get to do exactly what you want, all the time, or you quit) then unless the steam release is a huge success and a relatively large number of new players add MWO to their "games I play regularly" list, then the reasoning behind the removal of hard selects for game modes (matchmaking quality, queue times and the ability to try new game modes without wrecking either) will keep voting or something like it in place. So you'll have to stop playing.

I'd hope, and by the looks of things PGI *also* hope, that by gradually increasing the voting power of players who don't get their first choice, you'll get what you like most often enough to make up for the match types that you like less.

yep. fact is, if you try to make everyone happy, you'll end up making no one happy.

plus, in all honesty, we're here to blow each other up in giant robotic death machines at the end of the day. make people stop cap-rushing assault matches and they'd probably be liked better.

Edited by Arkhangel, 17 November 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#44 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostAno, on 17 November 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

As long as you're allowed to switch your choice multiple times, it may seem a bit grindable.
EX: If I'm okay with everyone choose Frozen City, I can move my voice to some 0% map just to buff myself for the next match, or I can select nothing if the voting rates are even between all maps.
Let's see how it goes. Looks like still no chance for Terra Therma.

Trial mechs rotation looks great for me. Now fresh clan pilots have at least somethig to bring into CW, and not that snowflake HBR.

#45 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

a fix for the loss of saved VoIP settings between client sessions

OMG! Who would have thought they are able to fix this hideous, strong opponent! It took just a year!

I find the map vote increase intersting, but I would have capped it at 4.
I mean, even terra therma has cropped up, so everyone gets his map!

#46 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:53 AM

I really like this patch!

One question though: What´s that about the hitbox changes?

#47 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:58 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 November 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

• The End of Round screen will now default to the Player Stats screen.

Because you needed to do something and didn't know what? I haven't heard a single complaint about this since day.1.

Reverse. Now.

#48 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:06 AM

It sucks balls that the game mode is still in there...

#49 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostYozzman, on 17 November 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

It sucks balls that the game mode is still in there...

yeah, but at least now if you've gotten a mode or map you didn't want a few times, you can outvote everyone else.

#50 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:11 AM

please specify on the hitbox changes

give us "before and after" models please

thanks

#51 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:03 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 17 November 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

yeah, but at least now if you've gotten a mode or map you didn't want a few times, you can outvote everyone else.

Jeah, feeding them trolls with godmode votes... xD

#52 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:44 AM

View Postpercolated1, on 16 November 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

I like the idea of team play being rewarded more than kill mongering, should perhaps point the way to closer matches. It's like herding cats... but with tuna fish!

or atest if they are going for the kills they will need to do the most damage rather then blocking there team mate who went tow to tow stealing the kill.

#53 Jack Rudolf

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:45 AM

yapp datt Trolls, big mouth, no Brain, always the same. xD Dumbangels.

Edited by Jack Rudolf, 17 November 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#54 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostXenon Codex, on 16 November 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

As a medium 'mech aficionado, really I like the C-bill adjustments, thank you PGI! I will be playing more if the payout is noticeably improved.

The win/loss increase along is nearly a 10% boost to earnings for nonpremium/nonhero players who average 80k per game at 50/50 win/loss. Include the others and it's quite a big boost overall really.

#55 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:57 AM

This:

Mech Fixes and Changes
Hitboxes have been adjusted for the following 'Mechs:
• Catapult
• Dragon
• Commando
• Hunchback
• Jenner
• Nova
• Quickdraw
• Raven
• Locust

I am a little curious what the adjustments were? What was fixed and are the changes positive or negative to that Mech's function.

#56 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

Warhorn improvement, heck yeah. Armageddon mode in waves of attacking mechs, This may be more funner that actual nascar rodeo, I like this and hope for co~op and for Ai to be implemented into CW.

Sad the Zeus got the hammer but hope the SRM will be effective once again and I can start using my GrF3m again.

I see fixes to make stoobs happy ;)

#57 UndeadEdd

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:16 AM

Trying to fix a "democratic" mode selection by adding a touch of "dictatorial" multiple votes...
There should be no voting on the game mode in the first place. Players should be able to play exactly the game mode they want.

It's like saying. "Hey we know you've been forced to play modes that you hate, but now you can force others to do the same! Hurrah!"

Edited by UndeadEdd, 17 November 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#58 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:11 AM

Very nice patch notes, looking good PGI :3 I think this is an interesting way to address the voting aspect. While there will always be whiners no matter what, I think this will help alieviate a majority of them. The system lends itself to people farming votes somewhat, but on the other hand, trying to farm votes would mean voting on maps that nobody else usually votes for, so it's sort of win-win no matter how it plays out. :3

#59 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:35 AM

It seems to me the even newer (Heath Robinson style) voting system doesnt actually provide any greater chance of playing the game mode you want to play at all.

i.e. Assault or Skirmish (I want to play Conquest)

or

play 10 games of Assault / Skirmish to play 2 game of Conquest.

All PGI have done, yet again, is added an over complex and unnecessary layer of 'design' which results statistically in about the same results of actually playing the game mode you want to play as the previous voting system.

Great Job

Edited by jozkhan, 17 November 2015 - 06:36 AM.

#60 Bryson MacAefrik

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:14 AM

NO URBIE FOR C-BILLS?! PGI, seriously though, the Urbanmech has been for mc longer than most other mechs that have been released. The Shadowcat has been released for a shorter time than the urbanmech and that is already out for c-bills. So, I beg you, please release the urbanmech for c-bills.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users