Performance Packs No Longer Available In The Gift Store

186 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

On November 19th we added four new Performance Packs to the MWO Gift Store. These Performance Packs were put together to act as starter packs for new players coming to MWO for the first time through Steam starting December 10th. With the packs being all ready to go in advance, we put them up in the Gift Store for current players to pick up or check out in the meantime.

However, to follow the recommended Steam convention we’ve decided that when these packs launch on Steam in December their prices will be based on regional pricing structures recommended by Steam instead of a straight USD-to-foreign currency exchange rate.
For the vast majority of players outside the United States, this will mean that the cost of these Performance Packs in Steam will actually be cheaper than what they would have paid using our standard Gift Store exchange rates.

To prevent any additional international players from having to pay more for these Packs now than if they were to purchase them later through our Steam page, we decided to remove the Performance Packs for purchase from the Gift Store earlier today.

As our prices are based in USD, players from the United States who acquired a Performance Pack will see no difference in cost between their original purchase in the Gift Store and the prices that will be displayed on the Steam page in December.

For any players outside the United States who have already acquired a Performance Pack from the Gift Store, and in cases where the Steam regional pricing falls below the standard exchange price, we will be contacting each of you directly to provide compensation options to make up the difference in cost based on your regional currency.

Please note that this does not in any way effect your current ownership status of a Performance Pack. No items will be removed from or changed in your account!

Finally, apologies to any players who were planning to pick up a Performance Pack through the Gift Store.

We will leave all the Performance Pack details below for you to check out, but they won't be available for purchase again until our Steam release on December 10th.

Light 'Mech Performance Pack

This pack features 2 popular Light 'Mechs each with 30% C-Bill boost and custom load outs built for performance.

Inner Sphere: Raven RVN-3L [S]
Clan: Arctic Cheetah ACH-PRIME [S]

The Light 'Mech Performance Pack also contains:

2 'Mech Bays
Phranken pattern and colors applied and unlocked
30 days Premium Time (activates upon next log in)
1500 MC
2.5 million C-Bills

Medium 'Mech Performance Pack

This pack features 2 popular Medium 'Mechs each with 30% C-Bill boost and custom load outs built for performance.

Inner Sphere: Hunchback HBK-4P [S]
Clan: Stormcrow SCR-PRIME [S]

The Medium 'Mech Performance Pack also contains:

2 'Mech Bays
2000 MC
3.5 million C-Bills

Heavy 'Mech Performance Pack

This pack features 2 popular Heavy 'Mechs each with 30% C-Bill boost and custom load outs built for performance.

Inner Sphere: ThunderBolt TDR-9SE [S]
Clan: Timber Wolf TBR-C [S]

The Heavy 'Mech Performance Pack also contains:

2 'Mech Bays
3000 MC
5 million C-Bills

Assault 'Mech Performance Pack

This pack features 2 popular Assault 'Mechs each with 30% C-Bill boost and custom load outs built for performance.

Inner Sphere: King Crab KGC-000B [S]
Clan: Dire Wolf DWF-W [S]

The Assault 'Mech Performance Pack also contains:

2 'Mech Bays
4000 MC
6.5 million C-Bills

#2 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

I suppose this is the opposite of the "gift for the one who has everything", but in plenty of time for Christmas!

#3 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Seeing as it includes , you may be right …

#4 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

I actually don't mind this, since we're starting to see C-Bill boost regular variants which is something I've wanted for awhile.

#5 Mumpitzmaster

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

Which DireWolf is it exactly? You mention DWF-W(S) in the News-Post and the Header of the Assaults Section, but in the DireWolf Part of that Section you say DWF-Prime(S).

#6 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

Will the S variants be available seperately, ever?

I only really want the raven at this point. It's a little too late to entice me for cbill bonuses now. I can live without the fancy addons.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

Chances are... the (S) designation will copy the Champion builds. That's about it.

Although.. only Sarah's Jenner is the one that confuses the issue (since it's only gains XP, not C-bills).

#8 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

It's a good idea, but has some issues regarding new players:

Packs do not include three variants required to master the chassis. (another fine reason to remove the '3 to master' rule)
50% of any pack cannot be used in CW.
Packs have no warning about either potential issue.

Also, as an IS-only player, I'm unlikely to purchase one of these packs because I don't need or want Clantech. Doubtless there are Clan only pilots with the opposite issue.

#9 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

My biggest disappointment with this is I didn't realize the the phranken pattern on the King Crab has CRAB CLAWS for hands, because I would have got that when it was on sale for Halloween.

#10 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Are the camo patterns unlocked for the entire chassis line, or are these "one shot" applications?

I don't need the 'mechs (although the CB boost is nice), but I'm just trying to properly evaluate the value of the packages as a whole (it looks really good compared to buying each thing individually).

#11 Apewar

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

not to be to picky but i think the premium time should be activated by the user. Other then that i like it

#12 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

This seems nice o help some new players with some money to get a taste of top performing mechs before seeing what mech suites them best

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 19 November 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Are the camo patterns unlocked for the entire chassis line, or are these "one shot" applications?

I don't need the 'mechs (although the CB boost is nice), but I'm just trying to properly evaluate the value of the packages as a whole (it looks really good compared to buying each thing individually).

It sounds like it's the entire chassis line (you are thrown in 3 colors for your time as well - which is what you don't get from camos by default anyways).

#14 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

It definitely sounds like it is unlocked for that 'mech, but it is unclear about the rest of the chassis line.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 19 November 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#15 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Nice to see the King Crab getting their camo paterns. However you guys should implement a WoT style mech bay. Allowing you to do a 3D view top bottom zoom in zoom out open close claws/ missle doors. This would give more appreciation of the art work. I would love to get a good look of the painting on the 000(L) King Crab, and getting a better view of the Phranken pattern as well as many others.

Maybe also in the testing ground you could have a UAV that allows you to exit your mech and fly around your mech to get some bad ass screenshots without like the one PGI shows us when new mechs come out. May Also have a screenshot of the day like WoW dose. :P

Edited by The Boneshaman, 19 November 2015 - 05:57 PM.

#16 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Seems a bit wrong to release these which are basically 'hey new steam player buy this you sucker!' packs which are poorly priced and put together and does nothing to help you towards mastery or community warfare.

Experienced MWO players wouldnt look twice at these as there are better ways to accumulate the contents of the packs that make more sense in game terms and financially.

#17 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

Those are awfully priced. How does PGI go from making some of the smartest sale pitches so far in the unseen releases and then go and sell mechs individually for $15, 20, 25 and 30 respectfully. If it was three mechs of each so you could master them, that makes huge sense. But this is ********. Steam players are gonna buy these and then be instantly pissed because they've essentially been duped by not knowing about the three variant leveling system.

I've tried to White Knight for PGI fairly often, but this kind of thing is just infuriating. You are going to alienate the very people you are trying to sell this to!

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 19 November 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#18 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

premium time should be able to be activated...

prices are a bit.. ..steep..

otherwise they are nice little packs.

View PostBig Tin Man, on 19 November 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

My biggest disappointment with this is I didn't realize the the phranken pattern on the King Crab has CRAB CLAWS for hands, because I would have got that when it was on sale for Halloween.

Was the Phranken even available for crab then? I think we only just got it this Wednesday....

Edited by White Bear 84, 19 November 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#19 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:22 PM

I'm excited to see new S mechs available. I do hope that they'll be MC-purchasable eventually - a lot of us have a bunch of MC hanging around, and S mechs would give us something special to invest it in.

Also, more faction camo compatibility, ASAP!

#20 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

You guys do realize that eliting a chassis is going to mean a hell of a lot less once the efficiency nerfs hit right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users