Another Event Done And Alittle More Of My Soul Gone..

62 replies to this topic

#41 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 28 November 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Meh, I never had a soul anyways.

well, by the old Hebrew interpretation "nephesh", translated as "soul", technically, we are "souls" and do not "possess" one. So the OP is correct.. by playing this Challenge, he lost a finite amount of his life which he can never recover, time that could have been spent elsewhere.

Just saying.

Now, if he is using the Greek "psyche" as the basis, things get a little more ambiguous, depending on context.

;)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 28 November 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#42 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 November 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

rly?

I have seldom found that true. People who are apathetic, or happy seldom post. People who are pissed, do. If the legions were so unhappy, we should be seeing even more posts. Not the same double handful of posters.

Or Bishop,

We just don't see the point in bringing it up anymore.

I'm not a white knight, and I'm not a PGI hater. But speaking for myself, I *hate* the new voting system. I'd much rather (as would most I think-my opinion anyway), just go back to the way it was where you could manually check off whatever modes you wanted to play and let it ride. If you want to check off all 3 modes, f-n great, have at it. If there's a particular mode, or 2 that you cannot stand, you could uncheck them. If that meant a bit longer match search time... who f-n cares?

But this crap pile "voting" system we have now is exactly that. A crap pile. Since I know PGI could care less about my opinions on the game in general, and mode selection in particular, I'm left to use the only means of communications I have left.

My wallet is slammed shut. And it will remain so, likely permanently, by the way it looks now.

Maybe PGI will come to their senses, and maybe they won't. I can't understand how after the eruption the last time they pulled this stunt, that someone in their front office thought this would be a good idea.

So not everyone who is remaining (mostly) quiet isn't pissed off. I may not be a "whale" by PGI's standards, but I do have just over $1200 in this game.

Not one penny more from me now.

#43 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 28 November 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

If that meant a bit longer match search time... who f-n cares?

apparently enough people were bringing it up that PGI felt that was more important than letting people cherry pick modes.

Or they would not have spent the time, effort and money to change it.

You say it's not what you want. Well it's not what I want either. I'd rather have pure 100% random.

But it's not about your ideal, or my ideal, but finding a compromise that gets the majority of people into game sin a reasonable amount of time. YOU may not care about wait times, but a lot of those who ARE crying about the voting systems are the self same people who were crying about wait times before.

There is no move PGI can make that will satisfy everyone. They put it back to how it was before, OTHER people will post how their wallets just snapped shut because of wait times. I could post my money spent too (and it's almost embarrassing) but it doesn't give me any more say in how things "should" be than yours does, dude.

#44 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

And I'm not saying it should Bish,

But your "presumption" that it must be ok, because only a few are complaining about it is invalid. It's not "ok", it's just some of us recognize the futility of even bothering to complain about it anymore.

THAT was the entire point to my post.

#45 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

What made me play this event, and be able to actually enjoy it?!
A 3 week break, Badaa, do yourself a favor, stop playing entirely!....well until the 10th of Dec, even a week can make a difference on your outlook.
Trick is, stay away completely , don't even check the forums, not at all , not even once.

#46 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:34 PM

I had a little over 300 mc still in the bank from something else I bought or did in the past and I wanted to buy another hero so I cranked out the quick play stuff and then struggled through the CW stuff till I got the 1k mc and then bought an Anansi to try out.

It was fun for the quick play side, the CW part was tedious, but that is the fault of CW and not the challenge.

#47 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

I enjoyed the event, lots of goodies, more mechs hitting mastered status, and colors oh wonderful colors.

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 28 November 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

But your "presumption" that it must be ok, because only a few are complaining about it is invalid. It's not "ok", it's just some of us recognize the futility of even bothering to complain about it anymore.

Actually, I've never made that assumption. All I've done is counter the assumption made by those who hate it, that they somehow represent the majority. When in fact, none of us have that telemetry.

#49 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 28 November 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

The presumption isn't that, the presumption is that PGI looked at all the feedback and factual data (as opposed to using the forums as any real data set and anecdotal based on a single person's view) and decided this is what the majority of the players want. The forums never have been and never will be anything more than a community tool for the players. We give feedback. That feedback is nowhere NEAR as comprehensive as the feedback PGI is able to collect.

Saying "the forums are in an uproar and PGI screwed up" equates to about 2 dozen players arguing back and forth over something more times than not. The few times that the entire community really was in an uproar, PGI changed course fairly quickly.

#50 Jalen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

The basic, common sense, fundamental part of the voting system keeps being overlooked.

Splitting the players up into a dozen little groups is not a good thing. There's the split between cw and quickplay, the split between PUGs and groups in each, and then split three ways with the game modes in quickplay, and all of this is split three ways between the three servers, and that is without including splitting us up by PSR. Eventually you end up with a bunch of underpopulated groups.

So with this in mind, I'm willing to play a few matches on maps or modes that I'd rather not play if it means that I'm not waiting ten minutes for a five minute match. The first version of the voting system was awful because every vote had the same results. Now there's a decent mix of maps and modes so it's not a constant repetition of the same thing.

It's not ideal, but at least it doesn't continue to segregate us. If it takes forcing some of us to play a map or mode we like less than the others, so be it.

#51 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostBarantor, on 28 November 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

I had a little over 300 mc still in the bank from something else I bought or did in the past and I wanted to buy another hero so I cranked out the quick play stuff and then struggled through the CW stuff till I got the 1k mc and then bought an Anansi to try out.

It was fun for the quick play side, the CW part was tedious, but that is the fault of CW and not the challenge.

I agree. I had to take in a deep breath while going to the next CW match to get the MC/module. On the plus side I started dealing 1-1.3k+ damage near the end and I started at a crappy 500-800. :lol:

Not really sure if I wanna bother going back for the extra colors. I might just run my second account through solo play for the MC and radar derp instead.

#52 Yozaa

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:14 AM

Thank you PGI

#53 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:41 AM

Decent rewards.

Done very quickly.

Very easy to complete. Hardest part was getting a conquest game.

What is not to like?

#54 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

C.W. became populated with newb pugs to farm

#55 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

The colors, the modules, the cockpit items, the 500MC... What's not to like?

This was the first event I've seen that awarded paints.. Since I spend most of my MC on paints and Mechbays, I was hooked from the beginning.

I liked this event so much I completed it on BOTH of my accounts.. the Clan and the IS one.. Now I've got a pod-load of MC and Cbills, new paints, cockpit items and colors for both..

...and I'm feeling... Goooooooood (bam, bambam, bambam bambam, and I'm feeling goood, bambam, bambam, bambam bababababam)

:P

#56 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:35 AM

I completed it all on Friday night after ~ 5 hours played? Not hard at all to get all the goodies. (in the solo queue, very little will encourage me to spend time in CW).

#57 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

I had Friday evening free and an 18-pack that sorely needed drinking.

Edited by Bilbo, 30 November 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#58 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:18 AM

This event was pretty spot on.

Liked it!

#59 totgeboren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUmeå, Sweden

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

Played a bunch of games Friday evening, got all the non-cw rewards. Went out Saturday. Played like 5-6 CW games on Sunday, got all the rewards.
Had a fun time. CW was actually a bit more fun than ordinary play, maybe because the queue was really short all weekend.

#60 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 28 November 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

What made me play this event, and be able to actually enjoy it?!
A 3 week break, Badaa, do yourself a favor, stop playing entirely!....well until the 10th of Dec, even a week can make a difference on your outlook.
Trick is, stay away completely , don't even check the forums, not at all , not even once.

This is the best advice. There's not enough content in MWO to play it constantly. Anyone will burn out--but in moderation, supplemented with sides of other games, it is fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users