Cw Map Based Event

Comunity warfare Faction map

45 replies to this topic

Poll: CW map based events. (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Pgi start doing these types of events?

1. Yes (92 votes [88.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.46%

2. No (10 votes [9.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

3. Other (Explain) (2 votes [1.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:29 PM

The idea is this, for Pgi to host events based on current happenings in CW. For example, if the FRR is owning GB, there could be an event to have the clans rally to defend GB or vice versa.

Basically, it'd make players feel like they're apart of something & it'd be a reason to fight for planets. It'd also take almost no effort on PGI's part.

Another thing is both sides should get stuff as part of these events. If only one side gets rewards for participating then the other side won't be nearly as inclined to participate. (Credit: Commander A9)

Soon, permanent contract players will be able to vote on wars. I think this event idea would add depth to such a feature. If your faction decides to go to war with another and has a bad time of it, an event like this would get more players involved. They could be like Tuk but not confined to a single planet, or they could be focused on a single planet.

Here's an interesting wrinkle, what if mercs got bonuses to join the faction that'd been losing? (If they're not aligned with the winning faction) of course that'd mean a bonus for mercs that stay with the faction that'd been winning.

This encourages mercs to back up the struggling faction, providing reinforcements, without draining the winning faction and therefore a good event.

Here's a similar idea that can give some more ideas on how to implement my idea.
http://mwomercs.com/...ign-a-cw-event/

Edited by TheArisen, 29 February 2016 - 09:26 AM.

#2 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

Voted Yes, more reasons to play CW is always good.

#3 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

These events could take place in accordance with regular holidays or on their own schedule.

I was thinking about having different rewards depending on how well your faction is doing. I'm not %100 on it but it's worth discussing.

Ppl go a bit crazy as is for rewards, it'd make things quite competitive if you're trying to get bigger/better rewards.

#4 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

Here's an idea, what if you go on either a winning/losing streak you get "Reinforcements"? Reinforcements would be an extra large reward. I thought about only keeping this to winning streaks but I think there would be a lot of complaints.

I don't think having two sets of rewards would work because you don't want to encourage people to lose on purpose. Reinforcements for losing streaks would be a consolation prize.

A different approach would be to have two different rewards. For for ppl that had a positive (More wins) W/L during the event and another for those with a negative W/L.

#5 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

Perhaps they can run CW events in tandem with public events, maybe with a twist where they are somehow related..

That way it is not just a case of bundling everyone out of one game mode and into another.

Love to see weekly 'major conquests' where the grids on a certain planet are upped over the weekend and the attacking faction must muster its combined arms to be able to take the planet. Only tricky thing there would be the defense spamming if it was say IS v IS..

#6 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:20 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 27 January 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

Perhaps they can run CW events in tandem with public events, maybe with a twist where they are somehow related..

That way it is not just a case of bundling everyone out of one game mode and into another.

Love to see weekly 'major conquests' where the grids on a certain planet are upped over the weekend and the attacking faction must muster its combined arms to be able to take the planet. Only tricky thing there would be the defense spamming if it was say IS v IS..

I really like the last part. Maybe there could be a mini Tuk. for the event. Maybe the attackers have to reach and take that planet to have a successful campaign.

#7 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Whats that question, of course they should. They are doing one QP event after another and CW, that's dead empty already anyhow on most planets, gets nothing. Events make people play even more QP after another even if the event is as lame as this one (1m Cbills?). Besides that these events are quite uninspired, damage and kills focused, as if this game wasn't too much damage focused already.

#8 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostJherek C, on 28 January 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

Whats that question, of course they should. They are doing one QP event after another and CW, that's dead empty already anyhow on most planets, gets nothing. Events make people play even more QP after another even if the event is as lame as this one (1m Cbills?). Besides that these events are quite uninspired, damage and kills focused, as if this game wasn't too much damage focused already.

The particulars can be worked out for these CW events. I think loyalty could be a reward for completing X number of games with an extra bonus per win.

#9 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

People still play CW?

#10 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:57 PM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 28 January 2016 - 09:12 PM, said:

People still play CW?

Haha some. Part of the purpose of this idea is to give more meaning to CW, thus increasing it's attractiveness as a game mode.

CW needs work, this is just a simple way to improve it.

#11 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 28 January 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

Haha some. Part of the purpose of this idea is to give more meaning to CW, thus increasing it's attractiveness as a game mode.

CW needs work, this is just a simple way to improve it.

Not sure how adding an event is going to fix CW in the long run. If anything its going to shine a light on all the issues CW has and exclude any and all players that can't make a drop deck.

I mean if the only way to get people to play CW is with a contest then that contest should be made a standard part of CW.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 29 January 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#12 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 29 January 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

Not sure how adding an event is going to fix CW in the long run. If anything its going to shine a light on all the issues CW has and exclude any and all players that can't make a drop deck.

I mean if the only way to get people to play CW is with a contest then that contest should be made a standard part of CW.

The idea is to use an event/contest to simulate actual warfare and the challenges posed by it. Drop deck tonnage could be changed, etc. War is after all, a contest.

Also, if these events are influenced by what the players do in CW that'll give more meaning to CW, it'll help create the feeling of being a mechwarrior in a galactic war.

#13 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 28 January 2016 - 09:12 PM, said:

People still play CW?

Honestly if there wasn't CW I would have quit this game long time ago. The repeatative randomness of pug matches is bs and not what I want to give my freetime for.

Edited by Jherek C, 31 January 2016 - 09:31 AM.

#14 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostJherek C, on 31 January 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

Honestly if there wasn't CW I would have quit this game long time ago. The repeatative randomness of pug matches is bs and not what I want to give my freetime for.

I enjoy CW as well. Sure it's not perfect but it's still fun, especially when you've got decent teammates.

#15 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

They actually tried doing something similar to this awhile back. It was called ComStar Intercepts, when they'd try to pit two sides against each other over a given planet.

Problem was, they only offered rewards to one side. If that side won, they got MC. If the other side won, both sides got nothing.

That and participating in said events would cause units to pull their people off the forwardmost available planet to attack, and thus the events got no traction.

If they want people to play Community Warfare more frequently, they need to incentivize taking planets, not just with MC, but with other in-game capabilities, like faster artillery drops, more turrets, support, and the like.

They also need to not be so hostile towards the larger units as they are now...

#16 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

With the next phase they are allowing permanent people to vote for wars etc.

A good encouragement for us to vote for that...

#17 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

I added a bit to the OP about giving rewards for all sides participating in an event.

#18 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:07 AM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 03 February 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

With the next phase they are allowing permanent people to vote for wars etc.

A good encouragement for us to vote for that...

I don't think that voting on wars is incompatible with this idea. If anything, it's an extra reason for this idea.

This idea is kind of a "rally the troops" idea. Either to finish off a struggling foe or call in reinforcements & push out the invaders. The role your faction plays would depend on how you're doing at the onset of the event.

#19 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Looks like a solid "yes" to me.

#20 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:23 AM

Here's an interesting wrinkle, what if mercs got bonuses to join the faction that'd been losing? (If they're not aligned with the winning faction) of course that'd mean a bonus for mercs that stay with the faction that'd been winning.

This encourages mercs to back up the struggling faction, providing reinforcements, without draining the winning faction and therefore a good event.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users