778 replies to this topic

#761 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:53 AM

View PostHotthedd, on 24 January 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

You are assuming that unit-tagged players are better than non unit-tagged players.

That is a false assumption.

Exactly.There are a LOT of casual units that just enjoy playing together. They are going to get eaten alive in unit queue....but I guess it's ok to savage them to death! After all, they are not part of the "important" section of the playerbase!Posted Image

#762 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

A lot of units have the bulk of their members not playing CW.

#763 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 January 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

A lot of units have the bulk of their members not playing CW.

That's because finding live drops is like pulling teeth sometimes honestly. If PGI wants to get more people interested early, now, and in time for Phase 3 they're going to have to do something. Maybe run more CW based contests and such. Get people involved in playing it more often and getting live drops in that format. Sitting around for hours doing nothing but ghost drops gets old and tedious after a while.

#764 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostJon Gotham, on 24 January 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

Exactly.There are a LOT of casual units that just enjoy playing together. They are going to get eaten alive in unit queue....but I guess it's ok to savage them to death! After all, they are not part of the "important" section of the playerbase!Posted Image

So wait, you think a casual unit does worse than 12 random people, most new to the game?

Ouch that's a burn. Careful throwing insults like that.

Unless you were just not thinking that what we have now is actually worse than casual units vs all other units. You know randoms/new players vs units.

#765 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 January 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

That's because finding live drops is like pulling teeth sometimes honestly. If PGI wants to get more people interested early, now, and in time for Phase 3 they're going to have to do something. Maybe run more CW based contests and such. Get people involved in playing it more often and getting live drops in that format. Sitting around for hours doing nothing but ghost drops gets old and tedious after a while.

It's currently very quick and easy to find CW matches, my unit plays CW every day and ghost drops are pretty rare these days.

#766 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 24 January 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

It's currently very quick and easy to find CW matches, my unit plays CW every day and ghost drops are pretty rare these days.

yea?
Good for you?
It's not so "quick and easy" for every border out there. ;)

My groups have literally spent HOURS just trying to chase down a live drop

#767 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

I'm debating where to go next. Clams or FRR. Part of it seems to be finding where the party is and Space Vikings know to party.

#768 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 January 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'm debating where to go next. Clams or FRR. Part of it seems to be finding where the party is and Space Vikings know to party.

yeah i always found that FRR was the best for finding a CW match.

#769 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 January 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

If instant matches with good opponents is what you're looking for, right now I think you'll rather want to be clan and fight against the FRR. Kcom and 228 are there with all the FRR hub groups, fun and challenging to play against.

I'm FRR at heart and my unit is going back there after our tour, but it's a bit too overpopulated right now so I'm glad to be clan for the moment.

Edited by Sjorpha, 24 January 2016 - 03:18 PM.

#770 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 24 January 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

If instant matches with good opponents is what you're looking for, right now I think you'll rather want to be clan and fight against the FRR. Kcom and 228 are there with all the FRR hub groups, fun and challenging to play against.

I'm FRR at heart and my unit is going back there after our tour, but it's a bit too overpopulated right now so I'm glad to be clan for the moment.

Good points. I think I'll go Clan next. See what CJF is doing be successful when Clans are so totally outmatched by IS. Posted Image

#771 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

View PostBobzilla, on 24 January 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

So wait, you think a casual unit does worse than 12 random people, most new to the game?

Ouch that's a burn. Careful throwing insults like that.

Unless you were just not thinking that what we have now is actually worse than casual units vs all other units. You know randoms/new players vs units.

I'm not in a unit. I'm a solo pug. My comment referred to one set of the playerbase believing themselves to be more important than ALL the others. The casual units are not going to have a fun time in CW at all, and yes many times these casual units can very well be stomped by pugs. God knows, I've been in those pug teams stomping them enough!
It's NOT ok to savage one part of the playerbase just to make a larger part more happy and if you think that's fine and fair, you have something wrong inside somewhere.
Something needs to be done, I'd rather group sizes were limited to say a max of 6 with players being matched premade vs premade wherever possible rather than a flat queue split.
New players are only going to learn nasty bad play habits in a pure solo Q environment, which will get them butchered if they do decide to go into the team part of the community, possible they'll catch grief too. Being pure solo just isn't going to help them learn to play outside of current so Q mentality of "me first, me second, you last."
Better to have a rudimentary match builder of half premade/half pug for drops..at least those that want tamwork can have some degree of it and those who want to learn have the chance too. It's give factions like FRR and Marik the official chance to do what they are already doing, downsizing groups to on purposefully mix with pugs and new players and help them out and outreach to them.
The solo only queue split will only really benefit those who are anti social.anti team/unit/group. I'd wager those players are the actual minority of pug players-I refuse to believe the normal puggy is that kind of person. Because I've had GREAT CW matches with good teams of solos who talked and teamworked really well.

So if it only benefits a small section of puggers, why is it happening again? Why not try something smarter?

#772 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostKhobai, on 14 January 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

good cw has needed split queues for a while now

pugstomping just shouldnt exist in CW period.

most players that play CW are solo players

its the group queue thats gonna end up waiting longer.

Also to help the situation they probably should get rid of faction infighting and just make CW clan vs IS. get rid of clan vs clan and IS vs IS because theres not enough players for all those fronts.

Where is the math to support this? If people are complaining that Units swarm and dominate CW with numbers and skill, how can they be in the minority? Fact: Solo CW players not in a unit make up a very very small % of CW player base. Those players will soon find out they simply suck when they get farmed by other no unit solo puggers. What a waste of time.

#773 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

dont want to b cw at all .. just quickplay dropdeck

#774 A X E L

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostxMADCATTERx, on 25 January 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Where is the math to support this? If people are complaining that Units swarm and dominate CW with numbers and skill, how can they be in the minority? Fact: Solo CW players not in a unit make up a very very small % of CW player base. Those players will soon find out they simply suck when they get farmed by other no unit solo puggers. What a waste of time.

It's painful being a pug in CW and outscoring my entire team. It isn't fair to me that I have to drag along 10 entitled pilots who think the game is for them while they suck at the game. Hurray for split CW!

#775 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

Stop allowing battles on more than 2-3 planets at a time. That will increase the player base available for the available matches.

#776 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 30 January 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

Stop allowing battles on more than 2-3 planets at a time. That will increase the player base available for the available matches.

It'll also eliminate factions from doing anything for their own team on a regular basis.

I'd rather be fighting IS vs. IS, but if there's no Liao/Davion/Marik planet in play, that means I get to watch everyone fight Clanners for an entire CW cycle.

Better to cycle 48v48 targets that way, while allowing 4v4 "raiding" in a larger selection of planets. Heck, if 4v4 opened up planets to 48v48, all the better.

#777 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:36 PM

View Postwanderer, on 30 January 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

It'll also eliminate factions from doing anything for their own team on a regular basis.

I'd rather be fighting IS vs. IS, but if there's no Liao/Davion/Marik planet in play, that means I get to watch everyone fight Clanners for an entire CW cycle.

Better to cycle 48v48 targets that way, while allowing 4v4 "raiding" in a larger selection of planets. Heck, if 4v4 opened up planets to 48v48, all the better.

The only way that could happen would be if Liao loyalists voted to attack nobody. I'm not even sure that is an option.

#778 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

He said "limit fights to a maximum of 2-3 planets."

That's across everyone, my guess.

#779 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

View Postwanderer, on 30 January 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

He said "limit fights to a maximum of 2-3 planets."

That's across everyone, my guess.

I listened to the whole 4 hour thing. He specifically talked about each faction's loyalists voting on which opposing faction to attack, so I have to believe that each faction would have at LEAST 1 planet in play. That would mean a maximum of 2-3 planets per faction, (and I would suppose a minimum of one)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users