• Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:11 AM

"LRM meta"

my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

#43 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:14 AM

Time to implement "Choose 'Mech after map is known" feature? This Meta maps are gone out of hand. I will choose my LRM60 boat and we'll see, how fun this map is.

Edited by MrMadguy, 20 January 2016 - 01:15 AM.

#44 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:17 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 20 January 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

LRM Meta is baaaaack! We have LRM Meta buffs. We have LRM Meta 'Mech on sale. We have LRM Meta event. We have LRM Meta Map. I've just played a match, where half of my team stated "LRM here!". And don't tell me, that PGI isn't playing "Meta-loop" game.

Why don't you go play an other game and stop pollute the forums with such a constructive discussion ?

I am glad that i can play my LRM mech now. The devs wants to have a more balance game with Lazors, dakka and LRM in most matches. They have fixed SRM, now they try to give us a reasons to use LRMs. How that should be bad ? It's promote game and builds diversity.

You know why people never (rarely) vote for Terra Therma ? Because it was the lazors meta, and bad players can't deal with heat management. I love to play Terra Therma in a PUG, i often **** ennemies mechs who overheat a lot, because they are just bad players who sticks with some form of meta with lazors.

All the people who says "please, remove the new maps" in this thread are people who play badly and can't adapt to different map conditions. Remember on MW4 the campain in the desert ? It was difficult to play with lasers cause the heat was a pain in the a** ? It's the essence of the game : you need to adapt to the maps and to your team in order to win.

Go play to "Call Of" or a less "simulation" game, please. And stop to cry for nothing.

I don't find the right manner to say it in english, so i say it in my native language :
ça me fatigue de défendre les devs du jeu et le jeu en lui même mais certains joueurs sont tellement de mauvaises foi ici ! Pitié au lieu de dire des conneries et des faux arguments à la noix, allez jouer à des jeux de votre niveau.

#45 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:25 AM

I am now putting an LRM5 in my Commando just to p!ss you off..

I love the new map. Will be great for CW if they choose..

#46 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:26 AM

The new map is good, because it breaks the usual gameplay running around the mid of a map. It's great for long range weapons while giving enough trenches to sneak forward. LRMs are great for this one. But nontheless - People need to think twice not to take AMS on this one. Coordination is everything. Stick together, create AMS umbrella and LRMs are not an issue.

Again - different gameplay, different tactics = good

#47 Blue Boutique

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:30 AM

"80's ballad play*

NoWHERE to HIDE
NoWHERE to RUN
BLOWN to PIECES
This not FUuUu*record skips*

#48 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostAleski, on 20 January 2016 - 01:17 AM, said:

Why don't you go play an other game and stop pollute the forums with such a constructive discussion ?

I am glad that i can play my LRM mech now. The devs wants to have a more balance game with Lazors, dakka and LRM in most matches. They have fixed SRM, now they try to give us a reasons to use LRMs. How that should be bad ? It's promote game and builds diversity.

You know why people never (rarely) vote for Terra Therma ? Because it was the lazors meta, and bad players can't deal with heat management. I love to play Terra Therma in a PUG, i often **** ennemies mechs who overheat a lot, because they are just bad players who sticks with some form of meta with lazors.

All the people who says "please, remove the new maps" in this thread are people who play badly and can't adapt to different map conditions. Remember on MW4 the campain in the desert ? It was difficult to play with lasers cause the heat was a pain in the a** ? It's the essence of the game : you need to adapt to the maps and to your team in order to win.

Go play to "Call Of" or a less "simulation" game, please. And stop to cry for nothing.

I don't find the right manner to say it in english, so i say it in my native language :
ça me fatigue de défendre les devs du jeu et le jeu en lui même mais certains joueurs sont tellement de mauvaises foi ici ! Pitié au lieu de dire des conneries et des faux arguments à la noix, allez jouer à des jeux de votre niveau.

How adapt? How improve? Play LRM60 boat? I don't want to do it. And this situation will be unfair, till one of two things won't happen: 1) There will be maps, that completely gimp Snipe/LRM Meta and Light 'Mechs, as big open maps gimp Brawler Meta and Assault 'Mechs now - i.e. turn them into useless pieces of junk. 2) PGI will allow me to choose 'Mech after map is already known. As simple, as that.

Edited by MrMadguy, 20 January 2016 - 01:33 AM.

#49 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:34 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of the small laser/streak srm2 meta.

#50 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 20 January 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

How adapt? How improve? Play LRM60 boat? I don't want to do it. And this situation will be unfair, till one of two things won't happen: 1) There will be maps, that completely gimp Snipe/LRM Meta and Light 'Mechs, as big open maps gimp Brawler Meta and Assault 'Mechs now - i.e. turn them into useless pieces of junk. 2) PGI will allow me to choose 'Mech after map is already known. As simple, as that.

Except you can still play brawler on the new map... Assuming you don't just go berserk and run over the open flat ground..... Gotta use the trenches..

#51 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 20 January 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Except you can still play brawler on the new map... Assuming you don't just go berserk and run over the open flat ground..... Gotta use the trenches..

Some of you seem to not understand, that you can't shoot at enemies without getting out of cover, unless you have LRMs.

#52 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

Those that load up on LRM and ERLL/PPC etc. for the new Hoth map are fine until it doesn't win the selection. Then they're left with a ranged, indirect and/or hot build in a map that's going to bite them. What we need on Hoth are lights with ecm and enough balls to snap a circle behind the long range girls to complicate, and shorten, their existence.

As for Hoth, it kinda sucks for a Dire w/o jets.

#53 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 20 January 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:

Some of you seem to not understand, that you can't shoot at enemies without getting out of cover, unless you have LRMs.

Congrats you understand a fundamental concept. Now try the next step.

Staying in trenches while you move closer means you get shot less.

#54 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

There is more cover on this map than any other that I have seen. If you and another player started out heading right for the other from 1500m away and kept a straight line.... You would see him/her far less than you would any other map. I like that.... The terrain itself is like trying to write an essay on a waterbed.... Fun times.

#55 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

View PostReemusX, on 20 January 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

The terrain itself is like trying to write an essay on a waterbed.... Fun times.

Speaking of fun times on water beds...damn tricky...

#56 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

View PostAethon, on 19 January 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

Agreed! It feels so much more fluid than the other maps; less camping, more of a running battle. More fun than I have had in MWO in a very long time!

This. Haven't had this much fun in a long while. (Playing the Warhammer adds to that fun too)

About half the complaints about the map can be boiled down to "I want instant gratification.". Which, incidentally, is a defining property of the majority of the Call of Duty crowd.

The other half of the complaints are about LRMpocalypse and snipers, both of which can be avoided.

#57 Deedsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:56 AM

I can't comment on how good or bad the map is...because you trolling ***** KEEP VOTING FOR GODDAMN FOREST COLONY AND TERRA ******* THERMA.

In my case, I keep ending up in Viridian Bog.

#58 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:56 AM

View PostTimberwolf581, on 20 January 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

The other half of the complaints are about LRMpocalypse and snipers, both of which can be avoided.

Unless you're in a 52 kph Dire with no jump jets, no ecm, and no AMS. Radar derp only works until a red light pops up on the wall behind you and you know for sure he's spotting on you. Being a Dire, they're always directing the rain my way.

#59 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:01 AM

There's more than enough cover. Advance in the ravines instead of cresting the ridges if you're worried about LRM. I've had no issue breaking LRM locks on this map most of the time. The times I couldn't was because a spotter was nearby or I was terribly out of position, which was my own fault.

Best map so far.

#60 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:06 AM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 20 January 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

Unless you're in a 52 kph Dire with no jump jets, no ecm, and no AMS. Radar derp only works until a red light pops up on the wall behind you and you know for sure he's spotting on you. Being a Dire, they're always directing the rain my way.

Maybe you shouldn't play a Direwolf then. Leave that dakkawolf home for once.

My 64,8 kph Warhammer with no jumpjets, ecm or AMS can avoid LRMs easy enough by keeping to the valleys between the hills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users