#121 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

I dont understand your point. I see three mauler variants that use mwo tech.

I dont see three madcat MK2 variant that use mwo tech

totally different things
  • MAL-1K This overhaul replaces the lasers with Snub-Nose PPCs. The autocannons were replaced with the same number of Light Autocannon/5s, along with enough ammo bins to take advantage of special munitions. It's also fitted with an additional double heat sink, giving this version of the Mauler adequate heat-dissipation capabilities. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,678[4]
  • MAL-1PT5 A low-tech version of the Mauler for the arenas of the Solaris Games that is built completely from stock Succession Wars era technology. It mounts only standard heat sinks instead of double heat sinks, standard armor instead of ferro-fibrous armor, and no CASE. Most importantly, it has a standard engine instead of an XL engine. The increased mass of the engine neccessitates the downgrading of the lasers to Medium Lasers on both arms. To make good for the downgraded technology level, a twelfth standard heat sink was added as well as an additional ton of armor. The armor was also rearranged to provide even better protection to the front torso sections, at the cost of armor to the rear torso sections and arms. (Thecanonicity of this design is questionable, as it was only published in the German edition of theSolaris VII Boxed Set. It is identical to the Linesman in all but name. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = ??
  • MAL-2R The 2R variant of the Mauler uses relatively new weapons. The standard AC/2s are replaced with Ultra versions thereby doubling their potential damage. Paired ER Medium Lasers are fitted in arms formerly housing the ER Large Lasers. The missile launchers are reduced to smaller LRM-10s. A heavier standard fusion engine is utilized instead of the expensive XL. BV (2.0) = 1,586[5]
  • MAL-3R The 3R variant of the Mauler upgrades the design and addresses the concerns of pilots that used the 1R model. The four Autocannon/2s have been replaced with a pair of LB-X Autocannon/10s. The ER Large Lasers were removed from the design, but MAL-3R retains the two LRM-15 launchers of its predecessor. Also incorporated in the design is a single Small Laser and a C3 Slave unit, the latter of which allows the 3R to use targeting data from units that are closer to the enemy and vice versa. It also has a ninety meter jump capability. BV (1.0) = 1,698 (C3: 202)[2][6], BV (2.0) = 1,877[7]
  • MAL-C The C variant of the Mauler is a modification that was made to the 1R model to allow it to carry a C3 Slave unit into battle. This is achieved by removing one ton of autocannon ammunition. This small modification allows the Mauler to share targeting data with friendly units and makes the 'Mech a highly effective sniper. BV (1.0) = 1,133 (C3: 261)[2][8], BV (2.0) = 1,473[7]
Custom Variants[edit]
  • MAL-4X "Todesbote" A custom configuration used by a Lyran Commonwealth criminal, this Mauler variant (named "Todesbote" by the LCAF) replaces the standard weaponry of a Mauler with a singleHypervelocity AC/10 in each arm, while the missile racks were replaced by MML-7s. Each autocannon has two tons of ammo while the twin MML-7s use a single ton of ammunition. All ammunition bays are protected by CASE II, and the "Todesbote" is protected by twenty-seven tons of Hardened Armor.[9] BV (2.0) = 1,904[10][11]

Note: "Todesbote" (German: Harbinger of Death) also happens to be the name of the AwesomeBattleMech in the German edition of BattleTech.
I bolded and increased the font on all those so called variants you claim exist.

Edited by Imperius, 18 February 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#122 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

you left out the MX90 which was the canon prototype for the mauler

thats one of the ones MWO uses.

#123 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

you left out the MX90 which was the canon prototype for the mauler

thats one of the ones MWO uses.

Apocryphal Content Starts
The information after this notice comes from apocryphal sources; the canonicity of such information is uncertain.
Please view the reference page for information regarding their canonicity.

Ok let me go add a couple of Sarna MK II variants real quick...

Edited by Imperius, 18 February 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#124 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

you need to learn to read

the MX90 is listed AFTER it says "apocryphal content ends" under the related design subheading

Granted its a related design but its association with the Mauler is undeniable beause it looks IDENTICAL. But the daboku is definitely a canon mech.

The mauler at least had 3 variants that MWO could use if you include the MX90. The Madcat MK2 doesnt.

Edited by Khobai, 18 February 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#125 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

you need to learn to read

the MX90 is listed AFTER it says "apocryphal content ends" under the related design subheading

Granted its a related design but its association with the Mauler is undeniable beause it looks IDENTICAL. But the daboku is definitely a canon mech.

The mauler at least had 3 variants that MWO could use if you include the MX90. The Madcat MK2 doesnt.

Posted Image
nope try again... point is you don't need three you need some and 2 out of 5 MK II variants work and the others can be slightly fudged like the Mauler was.

Cellular Ammunition is in the game huh?

Edited by Imperius, 18 February 2016 - 07:10 PM.

#126 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

Cellular Ammunition is in the game huh?

It's called:

Cellular
Ammunition
Storage
Equipment

Or C.A.S.E., you know that thing that serves zero purpose for the IS right now, takes up 1 slot and .5t and everyone rips it out of stock mechs.....

#127 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 February 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

It's called:

Cellular
Ammunition
Storage
Equipment

Or C.A.S.E., you know that thing that serves zero purpose for the IS right now, takes up 1 slot and .5t and everyone rips it out of stock mechs.....

I stand corrected on the ammo and feel slightly ******** I didn't read a tad bit further.

#128 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

I stand corrected on the ammo and feel slightly ******** I didn't read a tad bit further.

It happens, no biggy.

And when he was talking about the MX90, he was talking about the DCMS-MX90-D Daboku, the official failed prototype of what would become the Mauler.

What happened to get the name change was new tech fixing the problems in the prototype, and to get away from the stigma that it carried Luthien Armour Works used the Davion code name for it.

#129 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

Fixed front post. Madcat Mk.II correct.

Still stand by 4 and 6 are possible with quirks.

4-Light active probe could just have quirks for that chassis sensor range
6-Harjel does not add armor or replace it only fills in gaps. More for underwater warfare and preventing hull breaches. ONLY issue is that it took up weight to have the system in. How ever could be done in quirks of some sort or ignored and just more Clan DS added to make it efficient larger laser boating then other chassis. at only 6 total Hard points would need to be able to be a good laser sniper and since could not brawl to effectively.

Out of MW;LL what were some popular configurations that got noticed and placed as a variant? Could use for hero mech if "Beat Stick" doesn't fit.

Edited by CK16, 19 February 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#130 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostCK16, on 19 February 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

6-Harjel does not add armor or replace it only fills in gaps. More for underwater warfare and preventing hull breaches. ONLY issue is that it took up weight to have the system in.

Harjel dies just what you said, how ever Harjel III, the stuff in the 6th configuration, does repair 4 points of armour at the end of turn, after damage has been applied, upto the maximum starting armour value for that section. It's right there in Strategic Operations page 198, as well as tactical operations pages 288 and 405.....

#131 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 19 February 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Harjel dies just what you said, how ever Harjel III, the stuff in the 6th configuration, does repair 4 points of armour at the end of turn, after damage has been applied, upto the maximum starting armour value for that section. It's right there in Strategic Operations page 198, as well as tactical operations pages 288 and 405.....

Ok fair enough. Is that all Battlemech use Harjel III? LIke what time would these Varriants of the Madcat MK.II come about just trying to figure it out a bit.

NVM it is on the MD MKII

Edited by CK16, 19 February 2016 - 07:42 PM.

#132 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostCK16, on 19 February 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

Ok fair enough. Is that all Battlemech use Harjel III? LIke what time would these Varriants of the Madcat MK.II come about just trying to figure it out a bit.

NVM it is on the MD MKII

The problem for the Angry Kitten Mk. II is that it was introduced at a time when Tech like IS ERML/ERSL/x-Pluse/MRM/MML/UAC/2/10/20/LB-X2/5/20 and other weapon techs, and later versions of the Mk II was designed to be competitve with mechs mounting that Tech. It's just the nature of what happened in TT, when they moved into and past the Civil War era, power creep went crazy, and it only got worse past the Jihad....

Now I'm not against the Mk II, I know it's coming, I would be happy if it wouldn't require as much fudging as it will right now, this is due to the limited Tech we have available right now, if and when they add more Tech 2, to require less fudging great! No matter how long it takes, you will not have to wait as long as I had too for my Warhammers.

#133 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

all those having Problems with C3 & Harjel?
all i have to say is, werent some Clan Mechs supposed to come with A-Pods?
Caugh(HellBinger), Caugh Caugh(Primary), Dam sorry must be something in the Air, :)

but ya just as C3 & A-Pods have been Omitted from MWO,
its possible that HarJel would be as well so its a non Issue,

#134 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 19 February 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

all those having Problems with C3 & Harjel?
all i have to say is, werent some Clan Mechs supposed to come with A-Pods?
Caugh(HellBinger), Caugh Caugh(Primary), Dam sorry must be something in the Air, :)

but ya just as C3 & A-Pods have been Omitted from MWO,
its possible that HarJel would be as well so its a non Issue,

Agreed

#135 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

Another interesting note though
Technical Readout: 3067, p. 132 states "While the Mad Cat Mk II has now been in production for more than half a decade (pre 3066)..." (beginning of "Deployment" section).

You going to tell me it takes 5 years to make manufacture a single mech? I get it was sold but guessing they had some finished by atleast 3062

Edited by CK16, 19 February 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#136 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

Out of every mech this mech I want to see and then I DO NOT WANT TO SEE in game.

Now I love it, it is an icon, and I am sure I would love to play with it in game like a crazy person.

BUT

I do not want to see it in game because out of every mech I feel this mech can go far far wrong and be over powering more so than any other mech.

#137 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

View Postclownwarlord, on 19 February 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Out of every mech this mech I want to see and then I DO NOT WANT TO SEE in game.

Now I love it, it is an icon, and I am sure I would love to play with it in game like a crazy person.

BUT

I do not want to see it in game because out of every mech I feel this mech can go far far wrong and be over powering more so than any other mech.

I dont see it being that game breaking to be honest. There are far worse Mech's that if added would throw this game into a huge termoil. Plus it has been confirmed several times taht

1. Russ might add mechs from this era IF they use current tech.
2. They do at some point want to advance the time line.

When they do both and if they choose not to add the Madcat Mk.II at some point that would be highly upsetting! That I would say would be a rather large mistake. Its a 90 ton Battlemech that would be better then the Highlander IIC most likely. Though might make them give the Hi-IIC more quirks to make it unique over the MDMKII.

Also:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#138 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

OK let me expand on why I think it will be over powering, and it is more of a concern and a theory than a fact.

Mad Cat Mk. II will get ...
All of clan tech.
All of the swap ability of an IS mech.
Built off the design of a Timberwolf (one of the previous most negative quirked mechs in the game).
Add 30 tons of more fun/armor to it.

It literally gets the best of both IS and Clan. One thing that makes IS good is the fact they can change FF, Engines, and so on. Then it gets the better weapons from Clans. It is built off the Mad Cat/Timber wolf which I already stated one of the previously most negative quirked mechs because it was over powering (mind you past tense). You basically add 30 tons of more hardware to the mech in armor, structures, and weapons to a Mad Cat and get a Mad Cat Mk II ... now try and tell me that this doesn't have the possibility of going wrong? It will be probably the BEST assault in game once introduced, just like the Mad Cat/Timber Wolf is considered by some the best heavy in the game.

Now I stress this point; this is a theory, a possibility, and ultimately just an opinion. But with every thing in game added to what this mech has as abilities it has a very high chance from being a theory or opinion to reality and fact.

#139 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

If we talk about it enough, it'll happen. That's how it works here.

#140 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

View Postclownwarlord, on 19 February 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

-snip-

What about the Kodiak and IIC variants?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users