#661 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Is Clan Ghost Bear a fake clan then? Cause they changed there name to the Rasalhague Dominion?

Nope, they are still a real Clan and here is why. They started out as Clan Ghost Bear, then later on, they became the Rasalhague Dominion. Unlike with Clan Diamond Shark, Clan Ghost Bear simply moved on from being Clan Ghost Bear, which does not invalidate their prior existence. Now, had they gone back to being Clan Ghost Bear after being Rasalhague Dominion, then it would be a different story, but they didn't.

View PostMetus regem, on 17 February 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Except the Clan Grand Counsel recognized the Crusader Wolves as Clan Jade Wolf, so that they could avoid absorption by Clan Jade Falcon, so for a period of days to weeks, there was officially a Clan Jade Wolf, how ever short lived it was.

Except, they then went back to being Clan Wolf, which, just like with Clan Diamond Shark, reduces Clan Jade Wolf to being nothing more than an alias.

#662 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 17 February 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Nope, they are still a real Clan and here is why. They started out as Clan Ghost Bear, then later on, they became the Rasalhague Dominion. Unlike with Clan Diamond Shark, Clan Ghost Bear simply moved on from being Clan Ghost Bear, which does not invalidate their prior existence. Now, had they gone back to being Clan Ghost Bear after being Rasalhague Dominion, then it would be a different story, but they didn't.

Except, they then went back to being Clan Wolf, which, just like with Clan Diamond Shark, reduces Clan Jade Wolf to being nothing more than an alias.

If that is what you want to believe, then nothing I say is going to change your mind. Let us just agree to disagree, and be done with this pointless debate.

#663 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:03 AM

On a different note! This thread is now over a year old!

https://youtu.be/Zvjna9D6dC8

#664 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

On a different note! This thread is now over a year old!

https://youtu.be/Zvjna9D6dC8

so stop bumping it, ya attention *****! :P

#665 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 17 February 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

We may be split into two entities but we still hold our Warden ways through thick and thin.

Posted Image

o> In that interest...
Do you want to buy a Madcat?
Posted Image

#666 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 17 February 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

o> In that interest...
Posted Image

Did you guys finally fix it and make it an 85t Omni yet?

#667 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 February 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

Did you guys finally fix it and make it an 85t Omni yet?

I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you said. Did you say give it 25 tons of armor?!
Done! Mad Cat Mk IIe!
Posted Image
And I am proud to announce the Mad Cat MkIII! The cavalry fire you love from a Madcat, in a 55 ton package! I am sure everyone will love it!

#668 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 17 February 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you said. Did you say give it 25 tons of armor?!
Done! Mad Cat Mk IIe!
Posted Image
And I am proud to announce the Mad Cat MkIII! The cavalry fire you love from a Madcat, in a 55 ton package! I am sure everyone will love it!

I'll take a Mk III, with the FL armour, but **** the MK II until she is an 85t omni.

On a side note, my only knock against the Mk III, is that she isn't an omni mech, other than that she's a great little beast....

As for the Mk. IV, all I have to say is What The **** were they thinking when they designed it.... I mean an XXL engine? All the weight they saved going with it, is then dumped into DHS to counter the heat that the XXL produces....

Edited by Metus regem, 17 February 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#669 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 17 February 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

o> In that interest...
Posted Image

I would like to buy a special custom made one for my personal taste.

View PostMetus regem, on 17 February 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

As for the Mk. IV, all I have to say is What The **** were they thinking when they designed it.... I mean an XXL engine? All the weight they saved going with it, is then dumped into DHS to counter the heat that the XXL produces....

I can not knock their attempt to bring back the legend of the Wolf, it's questionable but still want to pilot one.

#670 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 17 February 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

I can not knock their attempt to bring back the legend of the Wolf, it's questionable but still want to pilot one.

Thing is BV for BV the original Timby is the better unit... Even Mk IV. Prime vs TBR-D, as both have the same build, the Timby is 1 point higher with the same 3/4 pilot in either unit. Both units use a 375 series engine, granted the Mk IV uses FL armour, but once that ST armour is breached, she has 4 engine crit slots in each ST.....

#671 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 February 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

Thing is BV for BV the original Timby is the better unit... Even Mk IV. Prime vs TBR-D, as both have the same build, the Timby is 1 point higher with the same 3/4 pilot in either unit. Both units use a 375 series engine, granted the Mk IV uses FL armour, but once that ST armour is breached, she has 4 engine crit slots in each ST.....

True the only downside of the Savage Wolf

#672 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 17 February 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

True the only downside of the Savage Wolf

I can name another as well, the extra heat from the XXL really bogs it down... Honestly, I'd rather take a standard Timber Wolf over the Savage Wolf any day...

#673 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

Well the Mk IV aka Savage wolf was sold by an Off shoot for Sea Fox (aka Diamond Shark) to Jade Falcon, which turned sour and that head of that group was killed in a Trial. Furthermore the PR and PR2 replaced the XXL with an XL.

#674 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 17 February 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Well the Mk IV aka Savage wolf was sold by an Off shoot for Sea Fox (aka Diamond Shark) to Jade Falcon, which turned sour and that head of that group was killed in a Trial. Furthermore the PR and PR2 replaced the XXL with an XL.

Yes, but the prototypes were also battlemechs and not omnimechs... we are talking about the production models that are omni's and are literally hot garbage compared to the original Timber Wolf.

#675 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 February 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

I'll take a Mk III, with the FL armour, but **** the MK II until she is an 85t omni.

On a side note, my only knock against the Mk III, is that she isn't an omni mech, other than that she's a great little beast....
I would like a FL variant MkIII as well. Maybe lock the FL in.

An 85 ton version of Madcat MkII would be considerably OP. A strong jumper with high mounted PPC AND Gauss? Yikes. Clan don't really get structure quirks though, so even at a ton lost in the build, the bulk of a 90 tonner is appreciated. Maybe we can get a +100% JJ quirk?

On the other hand, it uses a sturdier gyro.

IMO I think a XL and Standard Gyro would be better suited with the FL.

View PostBattlemaster56, on 17 February 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Yes, excellent! *pulls out clipboard*

Edited by Snowbluff, 17 February 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#676 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 17 February 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

An 85 ton version of Madcat MkII would be considerably OP. A strong jumper with high mounted PPC AND Gauss? Yikes. Clan don't really get structure quirks though, so even at a ton lost in the build, the bulk of a 90 tonner is appreciated. Maybe we can get a +100% JJ quirk?

It's an efficiency thing for me, because she uses the name "Mad Cat", she should damn well be an efficient beast, the difference between the 90t version and the 85t version, mounting the same armour, same weapons, same DHS amout, same ammo amount and same JJ's ability will leave the 85t unit with 1t left over to devote to another DHS, more armour, more jumping ability or more ammo.

On the other hand, it uses a sturdier gyro.

IMO I think a XL and Standard Gyro would be better suited with the FL.

Having fought them in TT battle tech a fair bit, I can tell you that once that ST gets breached, they drop so fast... that's due to 1/3rd of the locations in each ST being engine. I'd rather take +10 heat from a 375 XL after losing an ST over being mission killed. The are not any faster, nor do they have better mobility or better armed than a standard TImber Wolf. A standard Timber Wolf Delta will kill a Savage Wolf Prime 8 out of ten times, with the bulk of those being a ST kill.

Yes, excellent! *pulls out clipboard*

Still if Diamond Shark / Sea Fox wants to take my order for something, can I have a Warhammer IIC-4, please?

Posted Image

#677 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 February 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

It's an efficiency thing for me, because she uses the name "Mad Cat", she should damn well be an efficient beast, the difference between the 90t version and the 85t version, mounting the same armour, same weapons, same DHS amout, same ammo amount and same JJ's ability will leave the 85t unit with 1t left over to devote to another DHS, more armour, more jumping ability or more ammo.
Structure equivalence on 1 ton?

Still if Diamond Shark / Sea Fox wants to take my order for something, can I have a Warhammer IIC-4, please?

*drops clipboard and rubs temples*
Madcats have held a certain je ne sais quoi for the IS, and you'll need to speak to a different director for the Whammies.
Posted Image
Battlemaster56, what Mk and weapons would you like your Madcat to have?

#678 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 17 February 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

85T internal health:
3 (head)
27 (CT)
18/18 (LT/RT)
14/14 (LA/RA)
18/18(LL/RL)

90t internal health
3 (head)
29 (CT)
19/19 (LT/RT)
15/15 (LA/RA)
19/19(LL/RL)

I'm not sure I'd call a total of 8 points spread across 7 locations a large enough difference to justify the use of 2t JJ's over 1t JJ's... the 360XL in the 90t version is not taking advantage of the 4th internal DHS on the Mk. II anyways so a smaller, cheaper 340XL for an 85t platform would be just as viable, and let you turn a better profit margin.

Madcats have held a certain je ne sais quoi for the IS, and you'll need to speak to a different director for the Whammies.

Being a former Clan Ghost Bear warrior I understand the shock and awe effect that the Timber Wolf held on the Inner Sphere, but I also understand about wasted resources on inefficiencies found on 90t platforms that can be easily replicated on an 85t platform.... That being said, you are one of few CDS merchants that can be found, and I would rather make a sale for a Warhammer through you, unless you would like to lose a sale?

#679 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 17 February 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Posted Image
Battlemaster56, what Mk and weapons would you like your Madcat to have?

I would MK II

And would like to have it with
12.5tons of FL armor, XL 375, MASC MK III, 4 JJ, 2 Heavy LL 1 in each arm, 4 MPL 2 on each arm, and 2 atm 9.

If you can make improvements what I requested, I'll add 35% bonus to my request.

#680 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 February 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

85T internal health:
3 (head)
27 (CT)
18/18 (LT/RT)
14/14 (LA/RA)
18/18(LL/RL)

90t internal health
3 (head)
29 (CT)
19/19 (LT/RT)
15/15 (LA/RA)
19/19(LL/RL)

I'm not sure I'd call a total of 8 points spread across 7 locations a large enough difference to justify the use of 2t JJ's over 1t JJ's... the 360XL in the 90t version is not taking advantage of the 4th internal DHS on the Mk. II anyways so a smaller, cheaper 340XL for an 85t platform would be just as viable, and let you turn a better profit margin.
Well it's half a ton.

In MWO the armor max difference is disproportionate as well, due to front armor biasing, but the trade off is crummy JJs. Posted Image

Being a former Clan Ghost Bear warrior I understand the shock and awe effect that the Timber Wolf held on the Inner Sphere, but I also understand about wasted resources on inefficiencies found on 90t platforms that can be easily replicated on an 85t platform.... That being said, you are one of few CDS merchants that can be found, and I would rather make a sale for a Warhammer through you, unless you would like to lose a sale?

... I'll put something together. >.>

View PostBattlemaster56, on 17 February 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

I would MK II

And would like to have it with
12.5tons of FL armor, XL 375, MASC MK III, 4 JJ, 2 Heavy LL 1 in each arm, 4 MPL 2 on each arm, and 2 atm 9.

If you can make improvements what I requested, I'll add 35% bonus to my request.

Yes. Yes good choices...
Posted Image
Uh... will that MASC unit won't be able to handle the 90 tonner? I think you need a MkIV MASC.

Edited by Snowbluff, 17 February 2017 - 03:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users