704 replies to this topic

#101 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

So the question what do you guys see the best way to do this a "future" clan mech and IS packages or single mech lie the Kodiak?

#102 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostCK16, on 16 February 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

So the question what do you guys see the best way to do this a "future" clan mech and IS packages or single mech lie the Kodiak?

Depends on the unit(s) in question really, and also depends on how sales of packs vs singles have gone for PGI.... I'd like to see a Stinger / Wasp double pack, if only beacuse the two mechs are so a like, in universe they even share parts between each other.

#103 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

For clan there are a few options that are past timeline yet not to tech out there for. But for popularity was thinking..

Cougar
*insert Clan medium*
Nova Cat
Madcat MK.II

Though the issue is we would get a battlemech and omnimech that would be an odd package. As for IS there are tons of popular designs that I am sure would have people jumping on them (Owens,Bushwacker,Uziel,Thanatos,Sunder ect.) I just figures if they did it this way then instead of a single "time line breaking mech" they bring in a few popular ones that don't break tech yet so no Blood Asp ect...yet but would give many the mechs the desire lol.

#104 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostCK16, on 16 February 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

For clan there are a few options that are past timeline yet not to tech out there for. But for popularity was thinking..

Cougar
*insert Clan medium*
Nova Cat
Madcat MK.II

Though the issue is we would get a battlemech and omnimech that would be an odd package. As for IS there are tons of popular designs that I am sure would have people jumping on them (Owens,Bushwacker,Uziel,Thanatos,Sunder ect.) I just figures if they did it this way then instead of a single "time line breaking mech" they bring in a few popular ones that don't break tech yet so no Blood Asp ect...yet but would give many the mechs the desire lol.

a stong-ish clan omni pack

Cougar
Coyotl or Huntsman (both are strong choices for medium)
Nova Cat / Night Gyr (both are strong choices for heavy)
Tomahwak (Prime/A/B are all using current tech) http://www.sarna.net..._%28OmniMech%29

#105 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:10 PM

Thanks, I just figure the Madcat MK.II is not the issue is finding others that could be added that would be balanced (meaning no future super duper weapons). One they could have a package for both IS and Clan, then the Madcat MK.II could be a single package that at current price of 20 or 40 (+extra's) would sell imo like hotcakes, much less other designs from that era now that could be sold as single packages like the Unseen were done. That I assume sold really well since affordable price and they are classics not seen for decades in offical games.

Theme could be rebuilding after Tukayyid that both sides did during the late 50's and 60's

Edited by CK16, 16 February 2016 - 02:12 PM.

#106 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

If we really need another Clan assault 'mech, I'd prefer the Turkina.

#107 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

That is a decent mech as well.

The issue becomes what is most iconic or offers best meta, those are the big selling points you either get Urban trash can (literately!) or something like the current Unseen's being sold. Some of what is mentioned I mean I am not a total newb to MW I would say though my time into is not as much as some grizzled vets who have been around for decades with it in TT and Computer games.

So Why would I want the Madcat Mk.II it would be a decent mech (though some say it would be meh), the best? No but it wouldnt be a total let down I feel. It is fairly iconic, not the most iconic yes, but certainly at upper portion of the list. Specially for those who played MW4. There are many mechs out there yes. That is why I am not just all about this single one but would enjoy seeing it in a package or close after a package of "future" mechs that would be post 3055+ and up to 3065 or so. As stated with this pack the requirement's would be tech not timeline.

What would be a good 4 package of Clan Battlemechs? 4 IS early Omni? requirements have to be 1 of each class just like the usually packages go with original + 4 other variants and maybe hero's later on. Each being 55+

#108 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 16 February 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

If we really need another Clan assault 'mech, I'd prefer the Turkina.

No you wouldn't. Its a gimped direwhale. 95 tons, with an XL285 hardwired and locked hoverjets AND worse hardpoints. Its strictly worse than the direwhale. Id love the turkina if it was good, but unless they change the stock loadout or quirk it straight to hell its hot garbage DOA before it even gets into game.

#109 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostCK16, on 16 February 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

That is a decent mech as well.

The issue becomes what is most iconic or offers best meta, those are the big selling points you either get Urban trash can (literately!) or something like the current Unseen's being sold. Some of what is mentioned I mean I am not a total newb to MW I would say though my time into is not as much as some grizzled vets who have been around for decades with it in TT and Computer games.

So Why would I want the Madcat Mk.II it would be a decent mech (though some say it would be meh), the best? No but it wouldnt be a total let down I feel. It is fairly iconic, not the most iconic yes, but certainly at upper portion of the list. Specially for those who played MW4. There are many mechs out there yes. That is why I am not just all about this single one but would enjoy seeing it in a package or close after a package of "future" mechs that would be post 3055+ and up to 3065 or so. As stated with this pack the requirement's would be tech not timeline.

What would be a good 4 package of Clan Battlemechs? 4 IS early Omni? requirements have to be 1 of each class just like the usually packages go with original + 4 other variants and maybe hero's later on. Each being 55+

The totem mechs and unseens are well suited to the one off mech packs. Omnis are better suited for the 4 mech pack.

Hellion, Huntsman, Nova Cat, Blood Asp.

Thats a 4 omnipack that would sell like hot cakes. The hellion is a gunboating light with hard wired masc (so it wont be a cheetah clone). The huntsman is a 50 tonner with more podspace than a stormcrow, the nova cat is a strictly better night gyr. 70 tons, jump capable, 38 tons of podspace (vs the 75 tons of the night gyr for the same podspace) and both have the same top speed, and the blood asp of course, we've talked about.

On the flipside, for the IS: The owens, blackjack II, Avatar, and Hauptmann are great candidates for an IS 4 omni pack.

As for the one off packs, the MK II is a perfect candidate for the next one, followed by the Hellhound/Conjurer (assuming the mechwarrior 4 art is used, because the CBT art is garbage). The Warhammer IIC and Marauder IIC are also good options, though I expect the remaining IICs will appear in 4 mech packs.

Regardless, now is as good a time as ever for the MK II in a one off pack.

Edited by pbiggz, 16 February 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#110 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 16 February 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

No you wouldn't. Its a gimped direwhale. 95 tons, with an XL285 hardwired and locked hoverjets AND worse hardpoints. Its strictly worse than the direwhale. Id love the turkina if it was good, but unless they change the stock loadout or quirk it straight to hell its hot garbage DOA before it even gets into game.

There is actually a good one Alt. Z...

4x iATM12
1x light TAG
1x NOVA CEWS
3x JJ

The BV on this thing is just a hair under 4k in TT.....

That being said, it is a 3071 variant using weapons we don't have....

#111 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 16 February 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

The totem mechs and unseens are well suited to the one off mech packs. Omnis are better suited for the 4 mech pack.

Hellion, Huntsman, Nova Cat, Blood Asp.

Thats a 4 omnipack that would sell like hot cakes. The hellion is a gunboating light with hard wired masc (so it wont be a cheetah clone). The huntsman is a 50 tonner with more podspace than a stormcrow, the nova cat is a strictly better night gyr. 70 tons, jump capable, 38 tons of podspace (vs the 75 tons of the night gyr for the same podspace) and both have the same top speed, and the blood asp of course, we've talked about.

On the flipside, for the IS: The owens, blackjack II, Avatar, and Hauptmann are great candidates for an IS 4 omni pack.

As for the one off packs, the MK II is a perfect candidate for the next one, followed by the Hellhound/Conjurer (assuming the mechwarrior 4 art is used, because the CBT art is garbage). The Warhammer IIC and Marauder IIC are also good options, though I expect the remaining IICs will appear in 4 mech packs.

Regardless, now is as good a time as ever for the MK II in a one off pack.

Yes I agree, the time is close. However at the already back lashing of some (whom I assume just want to keep the game in the current time frame only and not allow for some of the MW4 chassis cause reasons I assume stemming form older MW games or TT, or as some are so trollish to admit just wanting to watch it fail to upset certain individuals).

I would like to see IF the Madcat MK.II is next that it comes with announcement that several other key 3055-3065 designs will follow shortly after. I assume all this what ever they choose will be Soontm

#112 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

Found an interseting take on the Madcat MK.II a bit and could be something to think of with in MWO...

Posted Image

By Shadowvfx
http://shadowvfx.dev...ature-163859343

He took a combination of the legs form the Direwolf and Warhawk to create something rather interesting.

#113 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostCK16, on 16 February 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yes I agree, the time is close. However at the already back lashing of some (whom I assume just want to keep the game in the current time frame only and not allow for some of the MW4 chassis cause reasons I assume stemming form older MW games or TT, or as some are so trollish to admit just wanting to watch it fail to upset certain individuals).

I would like to see IF the Madcat MK.II is next that it comes with announcement that several other key 3055-3065 designs will follow shortly after. I assume all this what ever they choose will be Soontm

The time is not close the time is now.

I don't have the power to choose the next mech or ignore the timeline
Nether do those who oppose me! I don't need their approval I just need the Devs.

The timeline debate is questionable on both sides because it's vague. So to be totally honest neither party has ground to really stand on because it's up to interpretation at this point.

You want your mech fine go for it!
I will pursue mine!

So depending on how you interpret the "Only limiting factor is tech" tweet vote for what mech you want.

#114 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:46 PM

Adding the Mad Cat MK2 is pointless

1) its hardpoints are baaad. assault mech with only 4 energy and 2 ballistic hardpoints? awful.

2) it doesnt even have 3 different variants that use equipment thats in MWO

3) it doesnt exist at all in 3052, at least the kodiak existed in 3052, even if one of its variants was from the 3060s.

Edited by Khobai, 18 February 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#115 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

1) its hardpoints are baaad. assault mech with only 4 energy and 2 ballistic hardpoints? awful.

3) it doesnt exist at all in 3052, at least the kodiak existed in 3052, even if one of its variants was from the 3060s.

1.Hard points look good to me....high mounted, big enough to mount UAC20's. As well stock double Gauss is nice. Ech side torso has 2 energy and 1 missle. I think your for blinded by current meta only laser vomit ti think out side the box here.

2. It has 4 varriants possible see original post, only one is an issue sort of but can be overcame with a little creative thinking.

3. Are you really going to beat that dead horse

P.s. attitude dude....check it please....don't be so stuborn of blind sided to our side of the argument.

Edited by CK16, 18 February 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#116 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

#117 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

Kodiak varaint 3 in Timeline is 3068 so Mad Cat MK II is possible

Again... Mad Cat MK2 doesnt have 3 variants that use MWO equipment.

Plus Kodiak at least existed in some form in 3052. The Mad Cat MK2 doesnt exist at all in any form.

#118 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

Plus Kodiak at least existed in some form in 3052. The Mad Cat MK2 doesnt exist at all in any form.

yup ok
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mauler

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

That is your interpretation of "Tech is the limiting factor"

#119 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

I dont understand your point. I see three mauler variants that use mwo tech.

I dont see three madcat MK2 variant that use mwo tech

totally different things

#120 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 February 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

I dont understand your point. I see three mauler variants that use mwo tech.

I dont see three madcat MK2 variant that use mwo tech

totally different things

MadCat Mk.II:
90 Ton Assault Mech
14 DHS
Ferro-Fiberous Armor

MadCat Mk.II 1
CT CLAN 360 XL JJ FF14DHS
LT 1x Missile 2x Energy (1x LRM 10, 2x ER-Medium Laser)
RT 1x Missile 2x Energy (1x LRM 10, 2x ER-Medium Laser)
LA 1x Ballistic (1x Clan Gauss)
RA 1x Ballistic (1x Clan Gauss)

MadCat Mk.II 2
CT CLAN 360 XL JJ FF 14DHS
LT 1x Missile (1x SRM-4)
RT 1x Missile (1x SRM-4)
LA 1x Ballistic 2x Energy (1x Clan Gauss, 2x ER-Medium Lasers)
RA 1x Ballistic (1x LB 20-X AC)

MadCat Mk.II 4
CT CLAN 360 XL JJ FF 14DHS
LT 1x Missile (1x LRM 15, Clan Active Probe)
RT 1x Missile (1x LRM 15)
LA 2x Energy (2x ER-Large Laser)
RA 2x Energy (2x ER-Large Laser)

-Light Clan Active probe could just be a normal Clan active probe, not like PGI has stretched certain items like this in builds before.

MadCat Mk.II 6
CT Clan 360 XL JJ FF 14DHS
LT 2x Energy (2x ER-Medium)
RT 2x Energy (2x ER-Medium)
LA 1x Energy (1x ER-PPC)
RA 1x Energy (1x ER-PPC)

-Yes it uses Harjel...could be in the form of quirks though with structure increase of a smidge, or since nothing like it in game and not that key to its performance just ignore harjel unit.

Madcat Mk.II Enhanced (Hero/Champion?)
LT 1x Missile (1x LRM 10)
RT 1x Missile (1x LRM 10)
LA 2x Energy (1x ER-Large Pulse, 1x ER-Medium)
RA 2x Engery (1x ER-Large Pulse, 1x ER-Medium)

Madcat Mk.II " Beat Stick" (Hero/Champion?) :Was a favorite among players used by many in MW:LL
LT 1x Ballistic(1x LB 10-X AC)
RT 1x Ballistic (1x LB 10-X AC)
LA 1x Ballistic (1x LB 20-X AC)
RA 1x Ballistic (1x LB 20-X AC)

You don't see 4 variants cause you refuse to think out side the box about it. ..Instead of discussion you completely ignore everything and demand it not come cause you probably have an issue with Imperious and such hate the mech for various personal reasons...

Edited by CK16, 18 February 2016 - 05:35 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users