118 replies to this topic

#41 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:57 AM

It looks down right sexy, but it will be DOA unless it gets uber agility and some structure/armor quirks.

#42 Livestick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:06 AM

For once, I'm not liking Alex's art. Somehow, he's managed to make it even uglier than the original, which is quite an accomplishment.

Also, this thing is probably going to be nearly useless. Thanks, but no thanks PGI. Unless you give me the LAM version. I'd buy that. It'll still be useless, but it'll be FUN and useless. :P

Edited by Livestick, 27 February 2016 - 05:07 AM.

#43 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:06 AM

Welp, PGI convinced me to give them more money by checking off another mech from my list of mechs I would absolutely without question pay money for. Now they just need to give me the Valkyrie and I'll be golden.

#44 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:12 AM

Calling something DOA before it's even in game is regardless of stipulations is an exaggerated and silly. That's like saying if a fetus doesn't become a doctor when it grows up you should just abort it. We have only concept art so far. Not even hardpoints or engine caps. We have nothing to go on. It could literally be a ***** with legs and you still couldn't say it's not good because it doesn't exist in game to make comparisons.

#45 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:23 AM

To be honest i think this is highly likely to be a very good mech.
  • Looks slim, good hitboxes probable.
  • High engine cap - 325 most likely as they come with 270s.
  • High JJ capacity, class IV JJs are very good, can jump as well as the shadow cat.
  • ECM on several canon variants. Highly likely imo there will be an ECM variant.

It will need hardpoint inflation, but as most variants come with 3-4 energy, its not a big stretch to see it with 5-6 energy somewhere. It does have the problem of most variants having all arm mounted weapons, but that doesnt cause the enforcer too many problems. I think it will be a very good addition to the game.

#46 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:23 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 February 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

DOA Posted Image

lol don't give a shite, my money is spent ;)

#47 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:29 AM

I like the general look , same as liked it in the original books. And I completely get some not liking something too , but then those that go on to act as if they know the outcome of something from a sketch amuse me.

I can't recall 30 years ago or so when started playing table top Battletech with my friends who introduced it to me anyone in person ever acting like the *** nor expert on everything and all around critic who knows better like half the folks here do ,about , well everything.

I'll buy it and gift a few packs too because being comfortable in life with disposable income for hobbies ( seriously ,compared to motorcycles , Jeeps , and such, MWO is pennies in comparison ) is a good thing, but the real bonus is pissing off all the whiners , the "experts" , and the campaigners against MWO who still bother to post , by buying mech packs they don't like.

Also make sure to add at least one lrm 5 at least to make the rage of the Pattons (who are also unemployed 3D modelers and concept art artists with MBA's and a background in C++ )even more, just for the sake of it.

That's the one thing that's always perplexed me , how are so may genius strategist and experts in everything not wealthy beyond measure with all their knowledge and instead posting from their yacht(s)?

#48 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:42 AM

View PostCathy, on 27 February 2016 - 05:20 AM, said:

Damn that's one hot mech they get better and better, money spent, damn I was impatient for the Archer after seeing it, but just..damn.

Where's my Crusader though

That gun being held by the hand had better be there in game and disappear if I do not use that hard point. Hell I want one for each hand, I will be all like https://youtu.be/9-cPWheNyaA?t=30

Spoiler

#49 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:42 AM

Reckon the wings will articulate?

#50 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostDahkoht, on 27 February 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

I'll buy it and gift a few packs too because being comfortable in life with disposable income for hobbies ( seriously ,compared to motorcycles , Jeeps , and such, MWO is pennies in comparison ) is a good thing, but the real bonus is pissing off all the whiners , the "experts" , and the campaigners against MWO who still bother to post , by buying mech packs they don't like.

I am the same way. When I hear the endless complaints about the cost of packs I think to myself 'git gud at real life'.

#51 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:48 AM

View PostChados, on 27 February 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

Mother of God , if it did just for visual kicks even , I'm not sure my other mechs would see the light of day for quite a while.

#52 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

View PostChados, on 27 February 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

It would be cool if they transform somewhat when the JJs are engaged (they also function as outlets)!

View PostDahkoht, on 27 February 2016 - 05:48 AM, said:

Mother of God , if it did just for visual kicks even , I'm not sure my other mechs would see the light of day for quite a while.

You will learn to love the 3PV!

#53 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostAetes Nakatomi, on 27 February 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

I am the same way. When I hear the endless complaints about the cost of packs I think to myself 'git gud at real life'.

It's a guarantee that once the official pack goes on sale , the thread will have a few saying they "can't sell it at that price , it's too expensive."

Then on release day of it half the lances will be all Phoenix Hawks just as past releases of mechs.

But they " won't sell at that super duper expensive price of 30 bucks"

I had to bust *** earlier in life bartending and waiting tables at two jobs through school and so on but never remember being jealous of those who had gotten ahead.

Most especially I never remember telling any merchant , of any item , that's too expensive , you have to lower the price because I can't pay it. :P

#54 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:59 AM

Quick! Give it a beam sabre!

#55 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,229 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostLivestick, on 27 February 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

Also, this thing is probably going to be nearly useless. Thanks, but no thanks PGI. Unless you give me the LAM version. I'd buy that. It'll still be useless, but it'll be FUN and useless. Posted Image

Personally I would wait with such judgments until I could see said 'Mech directly in the game.

But of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

Edited by martian, 27 February 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#56 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:03 AM

Jumping Humanoid IS Shadowcat that may/may not have JJ/MASC/ECM.

So. What.

3LL?

3LPL?

#57 Semper Bob

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:05 AM

Is that Master Chief in new Mjolnir armor?

Couldn't resist.

I grew up on Robotech and I love the veritechs and destroids, I love Battletech too but I've never been as fond of the revised Unseen 'mechs.

#58 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 26 February 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

Clearly in one of the pylons on the back, duh.

You mean the super sized workbench clamps...

Other than it being a "Phoenix Hawk" it (at least to me) is underwhelming. Similar to how a donkey has the same likeness to a thoroughbred.

The thighs are just ugly, the same pauldrons (that never existed before) are ugly and the head is bulbous. The tiny pewpew gun looks pathetic, but at least its gun-like.

Edited by rolly, 27 February 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#59 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:35 AM

Jetfire in the house... IN A PHX!

I love this thing. I cannot wait.

#60 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder