• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yes, all weapons are problems that cause mechs to explode. Fix these problems by making weapons to no more than 0.1 damage per second so TTK feels sufficiently slow, and no one's jimmies get rustled.

Can we also make all weapons lock on and self aim? I only ask because people with better aim kill me more than I kill them, and it hurts my feels. :(

#42 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 22 March 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Can we also make all weapons lock on and self aim? I only ask because people with better aim kill me more than I kill them, and it hurts my feels. Posted Image

Yes of course. This travesty has gone unanswered by PGI for too long. When are they going to balance the aiming disparity instead of just releasing more mechs??

#43 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:45 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yes, all weapons are problems that cause mechs to explode. Fix these problems by making weapons to no more than 0.1 damage per second so TTK feels sufficiently slow, and no one's jimmies get rustled.

No jimmies rustled = fun for everyone.....

RIGHT?!

Can we also make all weapons lock on and self aim? I only ask because people with better aim kill me more than I kill them, and it hurts my feels. Posted Image

I too feel that the get gud crowd is better then me, therefore we need crutches or maybe to make them play on their knees?

I dont like being killded....its urts my ego. Posted Image

Edited by Revis Volek, 22 March 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#44 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 22 March 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

I too feel that the get gud crowd is better then me

No they aren't they just get stuck on that laser vomit crutch meta. If they took real loadouts like you they wouldn't be half as good as you are. 2 MLs, an AC2, and an LRM 10 loadout takes real skill to use.

#45 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

Make all ballistics and lasers use the SSRM mechanics, because Streaks are the most skill-intensive weapon in the game by far. Everything else is dumbed-down easymode.

lolno

#46 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 March 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

Make all ballistics and lasers use the SSRM mechanics, because Streaks are the most skill-intensive weapon in the game by far. Everything else is dumbed-down easymode.

lolno

You left out LRMs which tie streaks for being the most skill-intensive weapon in the game by far.

#47 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

You left out LRMs which tie streaks for being the most skill-intensive weapon in the game by far.

I think Streaks are considerably easier harder than Lurms because they don't even have to account for potential trajectory (e.g. indirect fire vs direct fire is very different), they're almost direct-fire. The missiles can also do some pretty crazy spins and turns sometimes, too.

#48 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

Hey, did I sense a note of sarcasm in there? Dude. You have no frakking idea how hard it is to make my crosshair hover over a box for three seconds. And when that's done? I STILL need to press a button!

#49 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostAvalon91211, on 22 March 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

I know there's probably dozens if not hundreds of forum posts on this subject, but one more won't hurt. Todays topic: Why Clan Mechs can't survive 30 seconds in a fight. Sure, very good players on the Clan side can make their mechs survive 20 minutes or more per match, but generally speaking, even they get rolled over when the Inner Sphere spams 3 Assault mechs per drop deck with nothing but AC/s and LRMs.

Now don't think I'm against the Inner Sphere. In fact I love IS Mechs and have fought for Davion in the past. I am just irked by the fact that even an IS PUG has a 50% better chance of rolling over a Clan PUG then the Clan's have of doing the same. Clan mechs should be superior to IS Mechs in almost every aspect, from their speed to their weapons, they should be able to wipe the floor with a 100 Ton Atlas within a moderate time frame.

Instead it takes 8 Clan mechs firing to bring down an IS Assault mech and sometimes even IS Heavy mechs. Meanwhile, our Dire Wolves and Executioners get cored to death in quiet corners by IS Light mechs. Do you see something wrong with that picture PGI, because myself and many other Clan Mechwarriors do. When I walk into a Clan v IS drop now, I completely expect to lose, because Clan mechs don't have the stopping power or armor to do anything to stop an IS Assault Rush. Furthermore, mechs like the Grasshopper and Black Knight, as Heavy mechs, are often carrying as much armor as assault mechs, and just as much firepower. That makes them even harder to take down, when they should be easier to take out.

Now Clan mechs carry a lot of firepower true, but when our weapons and our armor is nerfed to hell, it means jack compared to the IS mechs. So now, I am begging here, please fully unnerf the Clan mechs and find another way to balance it out so that the IS players don't whine about it. If you have to, do 10v12, a binary against a company. Just make it so the Clans have a chance here.

So now I leave it to you, fellow Mechwarriors, lets discuss.

Sorry you are sad you don't have your super insta-win button. The stupidity of Clan mechs and Clan tech never should have been added to the game in the first place. The TT desginers admitted this and PGI should have taken a clue from them. Game would be way better off.

Since they added the Clans.. um no. Clan mechs come with huge bonuses the IS does not get. That doesn't mean some IS mechs are not over quirked but frankly a lot are not.

Also the game is not just about CW. Clan mechs are already more numerous in the PUG scene because they are so good. I'm all for lore but the Clans were just the stupidest thing BT ever did.

#50 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

an LRM 10 loadout takes real skill to use.

Thats sig material.

Edited by Revis Volek, 22 March 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#51 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 22 March 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

IS fanboy? I have clan and IS mechs. I love my clan mechs more than my IS. I have no horse in the IS vs Clans race. I'm just pointing out what i've seen on the forum.

Let's be fair here on the forum Clanners cry a fair bit at anything.

Yeah you may not want the good mechs better but there is a sizeable element that want the clans "ubermechs" made better while the "trash' are kicked to the curbside. I'd love for the "bad" mechs on both sides to be good. Heck i have a thing for mechs considered bad. I went and brought Clan Wave 2. I loved the Ice Fridge and Myst Lynx. I love my urbies and other IS lighst. Heck i want to grab Dragons just to see how "bad" they are.

^^^This is the dumbest statement ive seen on the forums in 3 months
I see clan players constructively addressing a known issue in the game for clan.and IS players
the simple truth is IS player whining threads make up allmost 1/4th of the threads posted on these forums.
My archer this my archer that,,My black knight this my black knight that..balance balance balance...IS players are the 1st to whine about balance and the 1st to cry when they new mech toy isnt OP over the rest

So plz dont open you're mouth..cuz when you do you're stupid falls out Posted Image

Edited by SplashDown, 22 March 2016 - 02:15 PM.

#52 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostSplashDown, on 22 March 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

^^^This is the dumbest statement ive seen on the forums in 3 months
So plz dont open you're mouth..cuz when you do you're stupid falls out Posted Image

You clanner guys have Gyrok.

Posted Image

Edited by dervishx5, 22 March 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#53 AmazingOnionMan

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 22 March 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

no IS Mech can survive 30 seconds of sustained fire from the enemy team

Weeeeell.... I had a fight on polar the other day when a suicidal Archer (yes, an Archer) came charging into the line of fire of no less than 4 medium/heavy mechs (maybe even more that I didn't see), and continued to eat continuous barrages for a long time until its teammates showed up and chased us off. That Archer was nothing but a naked mechwarrior on top of a red stick at the end, but it was still not dead.
That Archer probably lost us the fight, as it just would not die and allowed the rest of the enemy team to manuevre in on us. And it survived the match.

#54 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:26 PM

I still say the clan nerfs were way too severe...it killed my interest in the game for a good while, and though they have been balanced a tad more, I regret buying the first wave of clan mechs. I find I typically do far better in a firestarter than any clan mech and I never used to use lights.

#55 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

View PostAvalon91211, on 22 March 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

I know there's probably dozens if not hundreds of forum posts on this subject, but one more won't hurt. Todays topic: Why Clan Mechs can't survive 30 seconds in a fight. Sure, very good players on the Clan side can make their mechs survive 20 minutes or more per match, but generally speaking, even they get rolled over when the Inner Sphere spams 3 Assault mechs per drop deck with nothing but AC/s and LRMs.

Now don't think I'm against the Inner Sphere. In fact I love IS Mechs and have fought for Davion in the past. I am just irked by the fact that even an IS PUG has a 50% better chance of rolling over a Clan PUG then the Clan's have of doing the same. Clan mechs should be superior to IS Mechs in almost every aspect, from their speed to their weapons, they should be able to wipe the floor with a 100 Ton Atlas within a moderate time frame.

Instead it takes 8 Clan mechs firing to bring down an IS Assault mech and sometimes even IS Heavy mechs. Meanwhile, our Dire Wolves and Executioners get cored to death in quiet corners by IS Light mechs. Do you see something wrong with that picture PGI, because myself and many other Clan Mechwarriors do. When I walk into a Clan v IS drop now, I completely expect to lose, because Clan mechs don't have the stopping power or armor to do anything to stop an IS Assault Rush. Furthermore, mechs like the Grasshopper and Black Knight, as Heavy mechs, are often carrying as much armor as assault mechs, and just as much firepower. That makes them even harder to take down, when they should be easier to take out.

Now Clan mechs carry a lot of firepower true, but when our weapons and our armor is nerfed to hell, it means jack compared to the IS mechs. So now, I am begging here, please fully unnerf the Clan mechs and find another way to balance it out so that the IS players don't whine about it. If you have to, do 10v12, a binary against a company. Just make it so the Clans have a chance here.

So now I leave it to you, fellow Mechwarriors, lets discuss.

Because your a noob. Front load the armor with 6 rear or so and don't get shot in the back. Then keep moving and use cover. Maybe think about AMS if the LRM's are heavy.

I tried a Timber Wolf on test and said in all chat, "HERE COMES THE CHEESE" then proceeded to dive into the other team. It was over quick and not for me. Yes luckily my team backed me up but just saying.

Edited by Johnny Z, 22 March 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#56 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 22 March 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

You clanner guys have Gyrok.

Posted Image

Yes, but you IS guys have Johnny Z.

Posted Image

#57 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 22 March 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

But both have Imperius god save the queen!

#58 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 22 March 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

#59 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostAmazingOnionMan, on 22 March 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

Weeeeell.... I had a fight on polar the other day when a suicidal Archer (yes, an Archer) came charging into the line of fire of no less than 4 medium/heavy mechs (maybe even more that I didn't see), and continued to eat continuous barrages for a long time until its teammates showed up and chased us off. That Archer was nothing but a naked mechwarrior on top of a red stick at the end, but it was still not dead.
That Archer probably lost us the fight, as it just would not die and allowed the rest of the enemy team to manuevre in on us. And it survived the match.

View Postanonymous161, on 22 March 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

I still say the clan nerfs were way too severe...it killed my interest in the game for a good while, and though they have been balanced a tad more, I regret buying the first wave of clan mechs. I find I typically do far better in a firestarter than any clan mech and I never used to use lights.

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 March 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Because your a noob. Front load the armor with 6 rear or so and don't get shot in the back. Then keep moving and use cover. Maybe think about AMS if the LRM's are heavy.

I tried a Timber Wolf on test and said in all chat, "HERE COMES THE CHEESE" then proceeded to dive into the other team. It was over quick and not for me. Yes luckily my team backed me up but just saying.

Posted Image

#60 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

If Inner Sphere heavies want to have the durability and firepower of a Clan heavy which is impossible, but anyway if they want to try they have to carry a standard and go Assault speeds. Simple as that.

Yep there are dirty matches where teams of XL carrying Inner Sphere mechs clean house but I'm talking legit matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users