#81 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:34 AM

View PostLances107, on 23 April 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Here is the question then if it increases the projectiles speed, does that by result increase the projectiles damage?

no, increasing projectile velocity does not increase damage.

#82 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostLances107, on 23 April 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Here is the question then if it increases the projectiles speed, does that by result increase the projectiles damage?

You would think, but no.

The people at PGI have not taken any degrees in physics. Or at least have failed to apply them to MWO.

Edited by Koniving, 24 April 2016 - 02:16 PM.

#83 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:28 PM

I got a new one for you called chain firing. I was in a match and this other player was able to continually throw clan LRMs at me, destroy me, and do the same to another player. It was unending....

So I asked what the hell was that, and some responded with chain firing.

Afterwards I started to link my first weapon group to chain firing and the result was sometimes I could achieve the same result as this other player. I have two Clan LRM 10s on my mech.

What I do not get is how this is possible?

If my weapons are in a weapons group then why suddenly under chain fire conditions do they spam some times.

Edited by Lances107, 24 April 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#84 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:50 PM

View PostExoForce, on 23 April 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

Sister RAbbi is correct, very good explanation.

Each separate strike projectile has certain damage radius, so it will inflict damage in its radius vicinity.

So keep this in mind, too. There are pilot skills to DECREASE the radius of each strike type--one each for air and artillery. But nearly everyone recognizes the red smoke when they see it, and so it generally benefits you to AVOID narrowing the spread/radius of strikes, because that makes it easier for your target to get out of the impact area.

Also, strikes probably account for more headshots in MWO all-time than do Gauss rifles. It happens every now and then. It's how I got that achievement, anyhow...

#85 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:42 PM

View PostLances107, on 24 April 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

I got a new one for you called chain firing. I was in a match and this other player was able to continually throw clan LRMs at me, destroy me, and do the same to another player. It was unending....

So I asked what the hell was that, and some responded with chain firing.

Afterwards I started to link my first weapon group to chain firing and the result was sometimes I could achieve the same result as this other player. I have two Clan LRM 10s on my mech.

What I do not get is how this is possible?

If my weapons are in a weapons group then why suddenly under chain fire conditions do they spam some times.

he was probably using 6 LRM5 (or 5 with cooldown module) set to chain fire, that is all in one weapon group, then highlight the group and press backspace, it launches 1 LRM5 very half second, with Clan LRMs that is a continuous stream, for IS it is one volley every half second and keeps the target shaking, it also has the added bonus that most of the missiles hit CT, where as if you alpha 30 LRMs some will miss even an assualt and those that hit will spread all over the target Mech

#86 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:02 AM

Thank you for the information

#87 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:39 AM

I have some money coming my way and I was looking at picking up a clan mech in assault, or heavy, and or light. Specifically one that gave me a cbill bonus. Does any one have any advice or help on this?

I looked at the in game store and saw none, except one light mech, that offered this cbill bonus.

Trying to do this as smart as I can.

#88 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostLances107, on 05 May 2016 - 03:39 AM, said:

I have some money coming my way and I was looking at picking up a clan mech in assault, or heavy, and or light. Specifically one that gave me a cbill bonus. Does any one have any advice or help on this?

I looked at the in game store and saw none, except one light mech, that offered this cbill bonus.

The three invasion sets have an A La Carte which will let you pick and choose which mechs out of the stable that you want to get. They each include the (I)nvasion version of the Primes (sleeker bodies; no effect on hitboxes; 30% cbill bonuses). Getting them through regular package means is a bit cheaper per chassis but you'd have to climb the ladder of light, medium, heavy, assault.
Of interest are Ebon Jaguar, Executioner, Warhawk, Timber Wolf. For yourself, Summoner -- as it is a Jade Falcon staple mech -- but remember big guns 'cause you won't be able to carry enough little ones to matter.

Kodiak is a Clan Battlemech (change engines, structure/armor, can't change hardpoints) but the Special version of the main variant (Gives 30% cbills, is identical to main variant) is an extra 20 dollars and the Hero (which is usually a mix of two variants) is only 15 dollars.

The new Night Gyr is a Clan 75 ton heavy Omnimech; same deal as Kodiak though and same prices.

Edited by Koniving, 05 May 2016 - 07:25 AM.

#89 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

For IS mechs they are Heroes. You can buy these individually.

For Clans the Prime mechs give the cbill bonus. Prime mechs are usually part of the upgraded packs, so you can't buy them individually.

#90 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

all the packs come with an option for variants for cbill bonuses, the multi chassis packs come with 1 variant of each chassis with a 30% cbill bonus, the single chassis packs charge extra for a cbill bonus hero or special variant. the mastery bundles come with a Hero, all Hero Mechs have a 30% cbill boost

#91 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 05 May 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

For IS mechs they are Heroes. You can buy these individually.

IS multi-mech packages also come with a special version of the main variant per chassis.

#92 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

The clans will have heroes soon as well with the Kodiak and Viper coming up as well.

#93 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

Yeah I'd expect hero Battlemechs.

Thought I saw something about a hero omnimech, but I mean what exactly would the value be as you can change hardpoints anyway?

#94 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostKoniving, on 05 May 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

Yeah I'd expect hero Battlemechs.

Thought I saw something about a hero omnimech, but I mean what exactly would the value be as you can change hardpoints anyway?

Viper and Night Gyr are both Omnimechs which will have Heroes.

I have no idea how they will work, it could be that the omnipods can only be used for the hero and I strongly suspect that the pods will not be purchasable

#95 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Thank you for the pointers.

As for the summoner been working on those recently as I found its quicker reverse speed quirk to be highly important out on the battlefields, also its got great mobility. The weapons package can be tricky.

Since I got one shot at this I was thinking about going with the Timberwolf, because it comes so close to the assault via firepower, but unlike a normal assault has excellent forward speed to it.

#96 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostLances107, on 05 May 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Thank you for the pointers.

As for the summoner been working on those recently as I found its quicker reverse speed quirk to be highly important out on the battlefields, also its got great mobility. The weapons package can be tricky.

Since I got one shot at this I was thinking about going with the Timberwolf, because it comes so close to the assault via firepower, but unlike a normal assault has excellent forward speed to it.

If you're doing A La Carte, the Timber Wolf comes out to 55. o.O; It gets you 3 Timber Wolves.

Are you using the Steam version of MWO?
If so, better suited to go for the Steam version which has Two heavies (one Clan Timberwolf and one IS Thunderbolt) for 49.99) It's only two mechs but they both come with a 30% cbill bonus.

Edited by Koniving, 05 May 2016 - 01:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users