Patch Notes - 1.4.65 - 19-Apr-2016

386 replies to this topic

#81 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:01 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 19 April 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

Um you can be Mercs and sign for 7 day contracts, no big deal, should work for everybody who doesnt want permanent faction membership but still wants to play CW.

I know what you are saying mate. But if you need to point this out, then I'm thinking you have not read the thread in my sig. (not that I am saying you should have or anything) If not you will understand my position by reading it, even just the start. (yep I'm an oddball)

#82 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:01 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 18 April 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

Well, this is going to cost the big units alot of damn C-Bills just to continue operations. :/

It's a one off fee. so adding no new members doesn't incur any fee.

Units will have to drop inactive players those ones that log on once every six months or so, that the unit uses as bragging rights currently. we have over 300 members and are one of the largest etc etc . what isn't said is 250 only log on once a month.

Or the unit makes once joined you pay your own fee by adding to the coffers.

Or a combination of the two.

I see it as a positive, because only really dedicated players are going to join units now, and to encourage new blood, units will cull the dead weight, to reduce the entrance cost

#83 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:08 AM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 19 April 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

I know what you are saying mate. But if you need to point this out, then I'm thinking you have not read the thread in my sig. (not that I am saying you should have or anything) If not you will understand my position by reading it, even just the start. (yep I'm an oddball)

I have Sigs turned off. Still i think the new FW has something for everyone in the community and im looking forward to it.

Edited by Ace Selin, 19 April 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#84 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:13 AM

View PostCathy, on 19 April 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

Or the unit makes once joined you pay your own fee by adding to the coffers.

It makes sense: if you want to join a unit (and getting the bonus like loyalty points and MC rewards) you should support the units with periodical C-Bills donations.

#85 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:16 AM

Only 5 pages of the thread so far, so chances are that PGI would actually read this Posted Image Too early to draw conclusions about the patch itself (obviously enough), but can we have current unit tags automatically displayed in the forums along with the faction pic? Not everyone has these in signatures, you know, and players should be able to toggle them on and off like the tier display.

#86 kka

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:25 AM

Holy complication

#87 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:29 AM

So - Mercs get to rank 10 - then no more merc rewards?

You have to become loyalists after that?

Or is it rank 10 working for each faction?

The notes are most unclear about this.

#88 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:35 AM

View Postcrustydog, on 19 April 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

I think it's 10 levels in total. You earn Reputation Points as a unit per se, not as a House / Clan. Also in my opinion 10 levels for Mercs seems few, I would like more progression like 20-30 levels. Maybe they'll add something later in the fine tuning process.

#89 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:36 AM

View Postcrustydog, on 19 April 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Expect further levels to come. The original pla (2013) involved earning the Wolf's Dragoon tag.

#90 Want0n

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:42 AM

Quick question. How does the 4v4 scouting mode work? Is it a matchmaking system or do you need a 4-man premade? Do the same group and solo restrictions apply as for 12 man drops? Will it be 4 solo players v 4 solo players? Can units queue with 2 or 3 players or does it have to be 4?

Really excited for the update and keen to play this but would echo concerns expressed elsewhere about the impact of 5SSRM6 Stormcrows with BAP on the scout mode. Can't think why you would take anything else (maybe an ACH)? Combo of speed and firepower in the Streakcrow will be hard to beat for IS.

Quick question. How does the 4v4 scouting mode work? Is it a matchmaking system or do you need a 4-man premade? Do the same group and solo restrictions apply as for 12 man drops? Will it be 4 solo players v 4 solo players? Can units queue with 2 or 3 players or does it have to be 4?

Really excited for the update and keen to play this but would echo concerns expressed elsewhere about the impact of 5SSRM6 Stormcrows with BAP on the scout mode. Can't think why you would take anything else (maybe an ACH)? Combo of speed and firepower in the Streakcrow will be hard to beat for IS.

#91 TitanTwitch

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:48 AM

Well I for one am looking forward to these changes, should make CW more interesting, and I really wanna give the scouting missions a go, could be quite useful.

#92 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:07 AM

So, are existing loyalty points going to be reset? Because if they're not, existing "loyalist" units with many veteran have a very strong incentive to change to "Mercenary" and work for their house of choice, which would also increase their rewards by reducing the loyalist population.

#93 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:46 AM

But loyalists get control over the war. So not as interesting being independent.

#94 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

Ready for action. Posted Image I think that the distribution of MC would be done by the system and not the players. !!! You can see the ship's ANIMATION firing artillery ?? Posted Image

Ready for action. Posted Image I think that the distribution of MC would be done by the system and not the players. !!! You can see the ship's ANIMATION firing artillery ?? Posted Image

#95 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

Question regarding the patch notes and Quirks - and maybe i'm the only one left who likes spiders...

SDR-5V

Torso Yaw Angle +17 <- gone?? Seriously, guys, this thing only has torso weapons and now you even decrease horizontality of aim even further? Is the 5V not weak enough as it is?

And then this:

Accel 70%

Decel 70%

Both were at 30% before. This is insane. You can move about like mad but cannot aim for shiat? Does anyone from PGI ever play the 5V?

--

Rest of it, especially phase 3 and scouting missions, sounds awesome though.

#96 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:53 AM

Spoils of war with player disperse MC instead of automated MC is going to go poorly - shouldn't even need to elaborate on why, its pretty much common sense.

Scouting with the dropship that has full armament gives the attacking team a massive advantage, especially being that you have to walk right near it to stop the timer....
Dropship can 1 hit most mechs 55 tons and below and has a pinpoint ai aiming mechanism.

Again, another thing that should have been common sense - also something that shows no actual testing was done.

#97 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:55 AM

So much good stuff. Pleased to see scouting, pleased for the queue split.

Two big concerns though -

1. Solo loyalists. Open to exploiting with alts to control a factions attack lanes, plus solo loyalists are not in the same communication pipeline as unit loyalists so you've once again forced units to be 'against' their own solo players. Why? Have solo mercs and solo Freelancers. If someone wants to be a loyalist they need to join a loyalist unit. Then recruitment costs nip exploiting and it helps factions keep a better communication on war planning.

2. Solo queue flips planets. Are you kidding? So the best way to flip a planet is a couple wins as a unit then sync-drop in pug queue to flip the world? This is building in a system to avoid units playing units. This idea has been bad out of the gate and has been pointed out to PGI. It's doubling-down on the fundamental issue that units hated about CW and why many burned out on it; losing planets because bad pugs getting farmed. This is just making that easier and more certain.

#98 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:14 AM

Initial observations:
Lots of cool new features and reasons to play FW...Yay! Seriously well done.
As I read it, you're nerfing locusts and vindicators...What? Are you serious? The vindicator was a problem in your eyes?
Nerfing BK's structure...Meh.
Still no ability to save drop decks...still no reason for me to buy more mechs since I can't manage to play the ones I want most of the time.

#99 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:16 AM

Breaking the oath of Loyalty to your Faction will mark you as a Deserter for a period of 7 days. Once you make the decision to desert your Faction it cannot be reversed.
[...] If you decide to pledge Loyalty to that Faction again in the future, you will start your Rank progression from where you left off after the 25% LP reduction.

Okay... so let's say I'm at rank 20 with 1.2 million LP. I desert, take a break from FW for a week, then come back, immediately pledge loyalty again (all of this being okayed by my unit leaders, if any), and then I'm back at rank 19 with 900,000 LP and get to earn my rank 20 rewards again?
Is that how it works? Because if it is, I'd advise PGI to reconsider it.

#100 Wanderfalke Shas

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:23 AM

As a loyalty player from the very beginning, I have a few questions just for clarification.

Unithopping was a thing, some guys grabbed everything they could from every faction.
As a loyal jadefalcon once youre rank 20 youre done.

Now the unit hoppers get a new system where they can get some of the stuff they grabbed at other factions again via the new reputation system (even though its just for once)?
And the loyalty rank20 gehts nothing except more cbills from the get go?

Smells a bit fishy if you ask me. But maybe I just understood the whole concept wrong...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users